Author Topic: HOW AMERICA FAILED SCOTT BOURNE  (Read 8833 times)

Zeep Zander

HOW AMERICA FAILED SCOTT BOURNE
« on: November 07, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »
interesting read. the paris attacks being in his neighborhood was pretty heavy. rather than spouting my own opinions i'd like to see what the pals think of this one.

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/11/07/scott-bourne-on-whats-wrong-with-america/

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: HOW AMERICA FAILED SCOTT BOURNE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:52:01 PM »
i like how disillusioned he is, he kinda sounded like Antoine Roquentin for a lil bit therr

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 06:58:17 PM »
I love me some Scott Bourne
*pours coffee*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:00:07 PM »
ha, he kicks it w/ self taught man on the daily!
i agreed w/ what he said. i really think computer phones need to be banned, it is too much and i don't see it changing organically. maybe we're too far gone into brave new world and can't revolt. i've got a few of the tools in place [growing food] but i am too anti social for bartering w/ my neighbors or whatever comes after we remove our shackles and firing squad the bourgousie.
i also agree/co-hate how americans think we're the best especially if you're racist. like either ya love us all and we're number one or those 'faggots, niggers and spics' are dragging down the median and we're not number one. can't have it both ways.
i'm a closet francophile so i harbor the conspiracy that france is the best even though i'm sure they've got crummy stuff too.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
you never know about pre-cum 

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:31 PM »
If you guys are really interested on the subject, Morris Berman's Dark Ages America and Ikenberry's article : The origins of american Hegemony are great reads that highlights how America became so big, so quickly and why it failed so miserably to stay on top....

The fall of the USSR marked the very first time in human history (as far as we know it) that the world was truly unipolar, under the American hegemony. That only lasted 10 years, many reasons explains why, but some of the major key points are Clinton's hard power approach in his foreign policies (gave a really bad look to America ; who the fuck wants to respect a country imposing its will everywhere they go ?). Then the Bush Admin fucked it all up for you guys when it sent troops to Irak. The idea of constantly seeking an enemy has been an obsession for most Presidents, (Vietnam, korea, USSR, south american ''communists'', the Middle East,etc...).

Add to that, the fact that the american elite sent all their manufactures and the workforce overseas, to underdeveloped countries, just to save a few pennies for their own good. Created heavy social tensions in the US, and helped develop other countries (which leads to globalization and multi-polar world).

Mother Goose.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
that cover up tattoo job allegedly covers up white power slogans and/or racist insignias that provide clues to his racist past or, so i've read (probably here). i enjoyed his part in strongest of the strange. was a big fan of the unbelievers too.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:13:31 PM »
Also, privatizing superior education will lead to having guys like Trump in your polls. The idea that people see hope in him truly demonstrate that the USA has entered a crisis stage in its history

JAesop

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
Also, privatizing superior education will lead to having guys like Trump in your polls. The idea that people see hope in him truly demonstrate that the USA has entered a crisis stage in its history

Crisis? Or just a period of growth? All of the underlying skeletons in the closet that are a part of our history are being brought out into the open. When it's out it can be dealt with.
However, There is no doubt that this one of the most insecure countries in the world and we run on fear.
I have always thought it should be mandatory for all Americans to travel/ live abroad just to broaden worldview. I won't forget the first time I went out of the country and had that moment that I realized that my USA - centric outlook was completely wrong.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:38 PM »
that cover up tattoo job allegedly covers up white power slogans and/or racist insignias that provide clues to his racist past or, so i've read (probably here).
shady info at best. he was into a lot of punk rock when he was younger so unless he had a jasson jesse/ white pride phase then I'm guessing he was leaning more towards the left. then again, doesn't he have JJ's signature tattooed on him? #plotthickens
Scott Bourne is untouchable for me though, have dug everything he's ever done <3

N.L.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:33:18 PM »
nothing new there. spouting the same old line as he has been for a decade. america is fucked. so is france. at least he acknowledges, he's yet to learn how fucked france is.

shark tits

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »
Expand Quote
that cover up tattoo job allegedly covers up white power slogans and/or racist insignias that provide clues to his racist past or, so i've read (probably here).
[close]
shady info at best. he was into a lot of punk rock when he was younger so unless he had a jasson jesse/ white pride phase then I'm guessing he was leaning more towards the left. then again, doesn't he have JJ's signature tattooed on him? #plotthickens
Scott Bourne is untouchable for me though, have dug everything he's ever done <3
he's untouchable? are you trying to put the moves on him?
heh, i tend to doubt the validity of that rumor. i might color my arm black cause i got a tattoo gun, the urge and no skills.
poster above who said it should be mandatory to travel, damn right! even running around america has informed me, indian reservations and forgotten [mccrank] towns as well as colleges and fancy places but i'm missing something not going overseas.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crisis? Or just a period of growth? All of the underlying skeletons in the closet that are a part of our history are being brought out into the open. When it's out it can be dealt with.
However, There is no doubt that this one of the most insecure countries in the world and we run on fear.
I have always thought it should be mandatory for all Americans to travel/ live abroad just to broaden worldview. I won't forget the first time I went out of the country and had that moment that I realized that my USA - centric outlook was completely wrong.

A crisis in the way of a period of instability, as in social, economic and political, which will inevitably lead to decisive changes. But it's up to you guys to figure if it will be positive or negative changes.

JAesop

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

A crisis in the way of a period of instability, as in social, economic and political, which will inevitably lead to decisive changes. But it's up to you guys to figure if it will be positive or negative changes.

Yep.  
Historically it seems we somehow keep plodding forward, so I have hope.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:03 PM »
i wish the next thing that fails him is the brakes on his car.  dude needs to disappear.  fucking kook to the bone marrow
where is home?

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 08:16:20 PM »
nieratko of tsm on jenkem confirmed
get carnie  8)
edit*
nevermind he was just the connect,
would be cool though!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:27:21 PM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

miff

• Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
More power to Scott... I mean his thoughts are accurate, but you have to consider that all that happens, as high-level as world endeavors, are all part of a natural process. Global progress/injustices are much too large a thing to think that any one person or single group can be responsible for. Those on the top strive to stay on top, us at the bottom are striving to make way. Maybe not to the top, but the top meaning our own desires or perceptions of the top. What lies in our own wake?

Scott's thoughts are young and true, but they lack any sort of answer to anything. Points are valid, but there's no single solution to these sorts of things. There are nationalist assholes at every corner of every country on earth.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 09:41:50 PM »
he's untouchable? are you trying to put the moves on him?
If I was that way inclined, he would be the first dude I'd put moves on :-*

shark tits

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »
More power to Scott... There are nationalist assholes at every corner of every country on earth.
more power to the people!
in ffrance even nationalist assholes are better and more intellectual than they are here. when the thieves tied up kardashian they made their getaway on bicycles.
w/ baguettes in the basket next to the purloined jewels.
chomp on that, america!
hon hon hon!
oldie but frenchie got hurt and is relegated to just cruising mostly. in america he'd have a longboard but have you seen his 'cruising' viideos? they're better than most people's skatepark synthetic ledge footage.
if anyone needs anymore convincing let me just say andre the giant>the big show
to gism, i was quoting that video where scott bourne is at burnside and dude tells him he's beautiful
case closed

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
to gism, i was quoting that video where scott bourne is at burnside and dude tells him he's beautiful
as the french say, touche
(but yes, he's a beautiful human being)

i wish the next thing that fails him is the brakes on his car.  dude needs to disappear.  fucking kook to the bone marrow
wow, you sound like a well adjusted human being. I hate hard on some pros as much as the next SLAPper, but wishing death on people...

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »
was Jasson Jessee really into a white pride phase ?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 12:28:39 AM »
was Jasson Jessee really into a white pride phase ?
100%! It's well documented . Then again, it's JJ we're talking about, I'm pretty sure he's had at least 6 screws loose since sometime in the mid-80s
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:30:34 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1529
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 01:19:33 AM »
I mean, he has a point - we are too deeply involved in being connected all the time and we have to bring that down to a minimum and do more "offline" for our own mental health.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 01:50:05 AM »
Expand Quote
More power to Scott... There are nationalist assholes at every corner of every country on earth.
[close]
more power to the people!
in ffrance even nationalist assholes are better and more intellectual than they are here. when the thieves tied up kardashian they made their getaway on bicycles.
w/ baguettes in the basket next to the purloined jewels.
chomp on that, america!
hon hon hon!
oldie but frenchie got hurt and is relegated to just cruising mostly. in america he'd have a longboard but have you seen his 'cruising' viideos? they're better than most people's skatepark synthetic ledge footage.
if anyone needs anymore convincing let me just say andre the giant>the big show
case closed

damn that's heavy......thanks for the compliment mon ami!

Ok, so lots to say here. First off, I gotta say that is true: in ffrance even nationalist assholes are better and more intellectual than they are here.

France is a very intellectual country, even compared to other places in Europe. Cliche but true.
That being said, I also love the US. As the article says, it's the birthplace of skating, hip-hop, not to mention rock&roll. But when I stayed in California for a few months in the 90's, I realized there was absolutely no way I could live there. Coming from Paris, it just seemed empty culturally. And I had the same feeling in Australia btw.

Then again, France is just fucked right now. There's a real problem of coming to terms with the country's colonial past, a 10% muslim population and a far right very much on the rise. The "Front National" has 20% of the votes nationally, or more. There'll be a presidential  election next year and I'm fearful of what's going to happen. Maybe one of the big differences with the US is that France was ashamed of what happened in WWII for a very long time. For people of my generation, just waving a French flag was considered taboo and stinking of nationalism. It only changed in 98 when we won the World Cup....seriously!

Globally I think most countries would do much worse if they had the same power as the US. Trump is scary, but remember Portugal, Germany, Italy and Spain all had fascist dictators in power not that long ago in the 20th century. France came close and had the Vichy regime.
Allright I don't know where to stop ranting here....
Oh right, Bourne! He just seems like a very melodramatic guy (just look at the tattoos.........), which kinda irks me a bit. And I have a hard time taking him seriously with his anti-system attitude, considering he did modeling jobs in Paris. His face was plasted all over advertisements. Then again, I saw him skating once and he was impressive. All power and commitment, even with no cameras around.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 02:22:53 AM »
IDK what Scott Bourne is doing right now or what he have said
the last years, I mostly care about the first consolidated parts.

But most things said in the interview is common sense to me.
Get out of your city, leave your country- learn different languages.
Be open minded, talk to people. Stop revolve around yourself.
Switch of television/computer/ phone and spend time in real life.

In europe it's a little more common to travel through different countries,
learning in other cultures or meeting with people from other social background
multiple wars teached  us the hardway its better to know your neighbors.

Not many of my USA friends have done a intership in Mexico
or have spend a couple of months through Highschool somewhere in
middle america.

nationalism, fanaticism, radicalism, racism are in general norrow minded and bad,
the finacial elite need stupid consumer, this is all we are in western civilization- nothing more nothing less-
no conspiracy theory needet. It's difficult to stop consuming in our society- but stop
being stupid.
Shut off your computer and give you vote - it have not a big value to be honest,
but stop at least that angry, aggressive, stupid, old white man.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:47 AM »
New Adam Curtis doc is relevant to this thread, its on the BBC iplayer for UK pals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperNormalisation

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 06:43:51 AM »
Scott Bourne was called a patriot in this article.....Scott is not a patriot

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2016, 07:03:18 AM »
I have always liked Scott. He had...not a Pro Spotlight, but some sort of interview in Transworld, and I got hyped on him at a young age.

Has anyone read his novel? Wonder if it's any good.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E