Author Topic: quiver thread.....aka unnecessary set up thread....  (Read 27531 times)

IpathCats

Re: quiver thread.....aka unnecessary set up thread....
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2021, 06:35:35 AM »
...also the word is yourself. You were probably drinking Elmer's glue in the back of the classroom when your English teacher went over that one huh dude
Expand Quote
They all look un skated, your grip is fucked on the winkowski *and the anti hero, the sticker situation needs a serious audit. CONSIDER YOURESELF REGULATED.
[close]
Try not to cry yourself to sleep over my sticker jobs and imperfections in my griptape, be strong lil man

I'll sleep safe and sound knowing my boards are gripped properly and stickered sensibly. Though I might be up for a while trying to figure out how you seriously think a slight grammar error changes any of that lol. I'm just joking around man, but the funniest jokes hold some truth, and the truth is, your grip and stickers are wack.  Try and look at yourself critically, we all do silly things sometimes, its not the end of the world.

IpathCats

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2021, 08:17:39 AM »
Yeah sure. Whatever you say, Warren G

REGULATOOOOOORS!

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »
Come in to this thread tryin to look at some skateboards, and leave with Regulators stuck in my head.
"If you smoke like I smoke, than you're high like every day"
FUCK!

Get hungry on it!

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2021, 11:53:36 AM »
It's not that weird, he obviously skates with a Nike on his flick foot and an Adidas on his pop foot. If that's his goldilocks combo, can't shade him for it. The black grip is covering the rest of the Baker sticker; it actually says ”my other skateboard is a Baker".

animalflesh

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2021, 06:11:55 PM »
2 right now

I’d say ones for one and ones for another but it’s just whatever mood I’m in

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »
I'm stopping the madness for now...2 full boards and tons of extra parts within like 2 months.

https://imgshare.io/image/pBS5RZ

Edit: why the fuck do my linked images never show up?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 06:51:35 PM by MysticalTypeExperience »

kevs.clips

• Rep: 24
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2021, 07:25:12 PM »
Hey y'all, first-time poster. Took kind of a break from skating for the past 3ish years due to school and life stuff but came back full force this summer. Been fortunate to have had a new park built 5 minutes from my place with a pool. I skate transition 90% of the time, have always preferred that but used to skate street more before. There are three parks within a 30min drive from me that all have pool-style bowls that were built in the last 2 years so I've been really stoked skating those a ton with the crew I've become a part of. Been meaning to post my quiver here - most of these boards I picked up before my hiatus, but got a couple of these this summer as well. Even though I have way too many boards to actually skate em all I try to at least have the setups all be different enough to warrant keeping them.

These two are my daily drivers - the left is my street/slappy setup and the right is my pool/transition board. I put those two decks beside because I'm gonna switch out the Natas deck for the Dane1 once it's dead, and I loved that Lance Mountain Flip deck but only got 3 weeks out of it before snapping the tail on an ollie north hahaha. Since I mostly skate new parks and transition I could probably get at least 3-4 months out of a board. Hoping to get another one of that shape.

Natas 101 Reissue
Ace Classic 55s with Krux Kingpin
Bones STF 99A 54mm (maybe 53? can't remember)

Polar Pontus Alv (Not sure the shape, but it's about a 9 at the widest)
Ace AF1 66s (Stock bottom bushing Bones Soft top)
Bones SPF 58mm (I have a set of 84b's for when its warm out. It's 0* celsius up here in Canada right now so rocking some 81b's)

Re-Issues

Lane Mountain Future Primitive
Lance Mountain Indy 169s
Powell Rat Bones 90a

Salba Witch Doctor(?)
Ace Classic 55 Hangars on Indy BPs
Spitfire Classic Formula 60mm

Per Welinder Freestyle
Indy 109s
Roller Bones 57mm 101a

Cruisers

Blockhead Jeremy Ray Umbrella Shape
Ace Classic 55s (Brand new ones, gonna throw them on my slappy board once I get to the axle)
OJ Keyframes 56mm

Polar Dane1 chopped into mini cruiser (just did this about a week ago)
Gunmetal trucks
OJ 55mm Superjuice

Polar Shin Sanbongi Surf Jr.
Ace 44s
Hawgs Cruiser Wheels

Popsicles

Polar 8.5
Ace AF1 55s
Bones Rollersurfer 56mm STFs

Polar Dane Brady Football Shape
Indy 149s with Krux Kingpin
Spitfire lil Smokies 99a
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 08:09:51 PM by kevs.clips »

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2021, 05:03:14 AM »
Hey y'all, first-time poster. Took kind of a break from skating for the past 3ish years due to school and life stuff but came back full force this summer. Been fortunate to have had a new park built 5 minutes from my place with a pool. I skate transition 90% of the time, have always preferred that but used to skate street more before. There are three parks within a 30min drive from me that all have pool-style bowls that were built in the last 2 years so I've been really stoked skating those a ton with the crew I've become a part of. Been meaning to post my quiver here - most of these boards I picked up before my hiatus, but got a couple of these this summer as well. Even though I have way too many boards to actually skate em all I try to at least have the setups all be different enough to warrant keeping them.

A mighty fine selection!!!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2021, 05:10:18 AM »
I'm stopping the madness for now...2 full boards and tons of extra parts within like 2 months.

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/10/31/20211031_162401.jpg

Like this?

Put in the link of the pic itself, more so than the link URL, or use the "Add image to post" option just under this text box.

If you open the upload and add the brackets [ ] with img and then /img before and after, it should display the image in the window, eg [ img ] image url [ /img] but without spaces between them.

Hit "Quote" and check out the text formatting of what I added for you.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:25:02 AM by Mbrimson88 »

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2021, 05:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/10/31/20211031_162401.jpg

[close]

Like this?

Put in the link of the pic itself, more so than the link URL, or use the "Add image to post" option just under this text box.

If you open the upload and add the brackets [ ] with img and then /img before and after, it should display the image in the window, eg [ img ] image url [ /img] but without spaces between them.

Hit "Quote" and check out the text formatting of what I added for you.

Yeah that's what I usually do, but for some reason it just displays as empty space.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2021, 05:37:28 AM »
Thought I should post a pic of some boards, seeing as I am in here...

My pic of three little pigs.

Sure they are not actually pigs, but at 10" or almost 10" they could be close.

All three are second hand swaps / purchases and have Indy 159 and 169s on them, big soft wheels and are just cruiser setups, but so much fun to smash around on.

Black Label Lance Mountain Rat Trap
Birdhouse Jeremy Klein (from maybe 15+ years ago)
Black Label Grosso

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2021, 10:41:47 AM »
Thought I should post a pic of some boards, seeing as I am in here...

My pic of three little pigs.

Sure they are not actually pigs, but at 10" or almost 10" they could be close.

All three are second hand swaps / purchases and have Indy 159 and 169s on them, big soft wheels and are just cruiser setups, but so much fun to smash around on.

Black Label Lance Mountain Rat Trap
Birdhouse Jeremy Klein (from maybe 15+ years ago)
Black Label Grosso

damn, the green wheels on that klein make that whole set up really pleasant to look at

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2022, 08:07:47 AM »
Left to right:

1. Rain board, parts I don't really like, ratchet grip job, Fallen stencil for pure 00's nostalgia
8.5" Skate Warehouse blank Clutch
8.5" Krux K5 inverted
56mm 95a Minilogo
Minilogo bearings

2. Main street board right now, want to move to 8.75" though
8.5" Heroin BBS
149 Indy hollow forged /w Indy hard
56mm 97a Slimeballs
Minilogo bearings

3. "Cruiser but I don't use 'er" - Really don't like this deck or the trucks very much. I skate to my mailbox sometimes with this thing.
9" Quasi egg PS Stix
8.5" Venture v-light /w Bones Hard
56mm 87a OJ Keyframes
Bones reds

4. Just built this up, stoked to try it for ATV shit and learning transition maybe
9.125" Madness Grasp Dwindle
159 Indy standard USA /w new stock bushings
57mm 95a OJ Nomads
Bronson G2's

5. Wanted to try a huge 9" street board. It's fun, but I feel like it's too heavy to use as my primary street board.
9" Old Skull BBS
169 Indy hollow forged /w Indy hard
56mm 97a Speedlabs
Bronson G3's

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2022, 01:45:02 AM »

That's a good assortment of wood!

Did you sand off the SW graphic, or scrape it off?  Or actually a blank deck?

Just curious, but I have been scraping graphics off recently so it is of more interest to me right now.

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2022, 05:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a good assortment of wood!

Just curious, but I have been scraping graphics off recently so it is of more interest to me right now.

Thanks, it's just a blank "V-Natural' deck.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2022, 05:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks, it's just a blank "V-Natural' deck.

I realised as I posted, cause I don't usually look at their own boards, but saw they had straight blanks too and quickly changed the post.

At least they have lots of options.

RAWR

• Rep: 4
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2022, 05:41:30 PM »

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2022, 03:54:40 PM »
I feel like my quiver has gotten a bit more refined as of late. Still trying to escape the madness and consolidate to one or two boards. Was fun to try a shitload of different stuff out in the 8 months since I started skating again though.

8.5"
Wheelbase: 17.53125"
Weight:?
Deck: Uma Landsleds - Evan Smith Remnants Headroom shape 8.625x32.5x14.5” (BBS) + Jessup
Trucks: Independent Stage 11 Forged Hollow 149 8.5" W: 355g H: 53.5mm (+3.03125”) + Independent hard 94a bushings
Wheels: Spitfire Formula Four Conical Full 99a 54mm Width: 34mm Patch: 22mm
Bearings: Mini Logo Series 3 + Fireball 10.2mm spacers

8.75"
Wheelbase: 18.125”
Weight: 2,440g
Deck: Powell Peralta - Iridescent Bark Mantis (Levon Biss photo) Flight Shape 245 8.75x32.95x15” N: 7” T: 6.75” (Skate One) + Jessup
Trucks: Royal Ultra Light 159 8.75” H: 52mm W: 338g (+3.125”) + Bones Hard 96a bushings + Krux small top/bottom washers
Wheels: Spitfire Formula Four Classic 99a 52mm Width: 32mm Patch: 15.5mm
Bearings: Mini Logo Series 3 + Fireball 10.2mm spacers

9.125"
Wheelbase: 18.0625"
Weight: 2,830g
Deck: Madness - Grasp 9.125x32.6x15.13" N: 6.625" T: 6.625" (8.5" at rear trucks) (Dwindle) + Jessup + New Deal rails 14.5x0.75"
Trucks: Independent Stage 11 Forged Hollow 169 9.125" W:370g 53.5mm (+2.9325”) + Independent hard 94a bushings
Wheels: Speedlab American Nomad 97a 56mm P: 23mm
Bearings: Bronson Speed Co. G3 + Bronson spacers

9.125"
Wheelbase: 17.875"
Weight: 2,872g
Deck: Crailtap - Midday Rainbow G041 Phawt 9.125x32.625x14.75" N: 6.9375" T: 6.7375" (8.75" at trucks) (Dailan Huahong) + Jessup Ultra
Trucks: Independent Stage 11 Standard 159 8.75" H: 55mm W: 364g (+3.125") + stock 88a bushings + 2x Independent ⅛" riser pads
Wheels: Powell Peralta Rat-Bones 90a 60mm Width: 44mm
Bearings: Bones Reds + Fireball 10.2mm spacers
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:14:56 PM by MysticalTypeExperience »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »
This is me trying to downsize my quiver. I'm trying to use up all my non-Huffer decks at the moment.

L-R

8.4"/ Ace AF1 55/ 54mm F4 99a Tablets (All purpose skateboard) Old Bones Swiss 6
8.75" Surf Shape/Ace AF1 60/ 58mm F4 97a Conical full  (Crust buster/ Cruiser/Curbs) SKFs
9"/ Ace Classic 55s/ F4 60mm F4 99a OG Classic (Big PNW transitions) Quantum Bearings

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2022, 09:11:32 AM »
This is me trying to downsize my quiver. I'm trying to use up all my non-Huffer decks at the moment.

L-R

8.4"/ Ace AF1 55/ 54mm F4 99a Tablets (All purpose skateboard) Old Bones Swiss 6
8.75" Surf Shape/Ace AF1 60/ 58mm F4 97a Conical full  (Crust buster/ Cruiser/Curbs) SKFs
9"/ Ace Classic 55s/ F4 60mm F4 99a OG Classic (Big PNW transitions) Quantum Bearings

That 9" Polar Popsicle looks fun. I've been riding 8.5" forever but after seeing all the 9" set ups and reading about Brian Anderson's new 8.8" shape, considering sizing up again....

Frank and Fred

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »
Yeah the 9 doesn't really feel that big. I have size 12 feet though. To me truck size and wheelbase/ tail length are really what impacts my consistency with tricks. So if I can get away with a wider board I usually will as they feel more comfortable on transition. This 9" has a nice long tail and 14.5" WB. The wheel wells really help also as a wider board/ wide truck combo often means way more wheel bite. This means I only need an 1/8" riser and can still ride huge wheels and loose trucks.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2022, 09:25:02 AM »
Yeah the 9 doesn't really feel that big. I have size 12 feet though. To me truck size and wheelbase/ tail length are really what impacts my consistency with tricks. So if I can get away with a wider board I usually will as they feel more comfortable on transition. This 9" has a nice long tail and 14.5" WB. The wheel wells really help also as a wider board/ wide truck combo often means way more wheel bite. This means I only need an 1/8" riser and can still ride huge wheels and loose trucks.

Yeah I've got size 13s and especially on flip tricks and manuals I end up getting a ton of toe drag. .5" really isn't a huge jump but psychologically it's been hard to make myself go there. Think I'm nearly ready though.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2022, 04:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I've got size 13s and especially on flip tricks and manuals I end up getting a ton of toe drag. .5" really isn't a huge jump but psychologically it's been hard to make myself go there. Think I'm nearly ready though.

How many spare boards do you have in 8.5 or other sizes?

On one hand I would say finish your existing stack first, but on the other hand I would say it is good to have a few options in size, not necessarily skate each one the same way, but when I was not sure about sizing up, having a few different sized boards made it more fun to just roll around, especially a bigger board more as a "recovering from injury" setup, that I bought as a complete from another guy I know who had been through a knee recon and didn't want the bigger board any more.

In that way it opened up a whole lot more, rather than just being on the same size on repeat for the last however many years, but also getting more interested in a lot of different board shapes and sizes is something to keep in check, so as to NOT let the common Slap madness take hold and trying too many different options, or just ending up with way to many completes.

I think I have most of the bigger sizes setup as completes now, from 8.12, 8.25, 8.38, 8.5, 8.62, 8.75, 8.8, 9.0 just in popsicles, but the 8.75 and the 9.0 are definitely along the lines of fun setups but a bit big for what I want as an every day rider.

I also have a Huffer 9.1 and some bigger old school shaped boards including a couple of other 9.5, 9.81 or so and a 10.0 in setups too, which had been skated as regular riders by others but are just cruisers for me nowdays.

Coming from a shop background nowdays, always standing on whatever came into the shop in the last however long was a really good way of feeling out boards too, but it is still a different experience setting up something new and taking it out for a roll if you haven't been used to anything of that size before (or within the last decade or so).

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2022, 04:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How many spare boards do you have in 8.5 or other sizes?

On one hand I would say finish your existing stack first, but on the other hand I would say it is good to have a few options in size, not necessarily skate each one the same way, but when I was not sure about sizing up, having a few different sized boards made it more fun to just roll around, especially a bigger board more as a "recovering from injury" setup, that I bought as a complete from another guy I know who had been through a knee recon and didn't want the bigger board any more.

In that way it opened up a whole lot more, rather than just being on the same size on repeat for the last however many years, but also getting more interested in a lot of different board shapes and sizes is something to keep in check, so as to NOT let the common Slap madness take hold and trying too many different options, or just ending up with way to many completes.

I think I have most of the bigger sizes setup as completes now, from 8.12, 8.25, 8.38, 8.5, 8.62, 8.75, 8.8, 9.0 just in popsicles, but the 8.75 and the 9.0 are definitely along the lines of fun setups but a bit big for what I want as an every day rider.

I also have a Huffer 9.1 and some bigger old school shaped boards including a couple of other 9.5, 9.81 or so and a 10.0 in setups too, which had been skated as regular riders by others but are just cruisers for me nowdays.

Coming from a shop background nowdays, always standing on whatever came into the shop in the last however long was a really good way of feeling out boards too, but it is still a different experience setting up something new and taking it out for a roll if you haven't been used to anything of that size before (or within the last decade or so).

Yeah i have multiple set ups and I don't really have a backlog of decks to get through. I just refreshed both of my street boards though. I'm on an 8.5" Polar with Wheel wells and when I'm through with that, I'll probably take a shot on a 9" popsicle (or the BA 8.8" if it's released). I've got a huffer and a twin tail in the quiver, and recently broke down a 8.38"

animalflesh

« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
Up to 3 cause I wanted a 215 board

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2022, 06:54:16 AM »
Got the quiver down to 3 now and I'm really happy with where it's at.

Park Twin
Wheelbase: 17.875”
Deck: Welcome - Bird Brain on Evil Twin 8.75x32.375x14.75" N/T: 6.75" + Pepper G5 Premium
Trucks: Royal Ultra Light 159 8.75” H: 52mm W: 338g (+3.125”) + Bones Hard 96a bushings (black) + Krux small top/bottom washers + 2 extra Bones flat washers under bottom bushing
Wheels: Spitfire F4 Conical 99a 56mm AVE Pro black 99a 56mm Width: ? Patch: ?
Bearings: Fireball Dragon Built
Hardware: Almost Silver Fronts ⅞" allen

Street Phawt
Wheelbase: 17.6825"
Deck: Girl - Kennedy Blooming G041 Phawt 9.125x32.625x14.75" N: 6.9375" T: 6.7375" (8.75" at trucks) (Dailan Huahong) + Welcome grip
Trucks: Independent Stage 11 Forged Hollow 169 9.125" W:370g 53.5mm (+2.9325”) + Independent hard 94a bushings
Wheels: OJ Elite Nomads 57mm 95a W: 31mm Patch: 20.7mm
Bearings: Bronson Speed Co. G3 + Bronson spacers

Cruiser Phawt
Wheelbase: 17.875"
Weight: 2,872g
Deck: Crailtap - Midday Rainbow G041 Phawt 9.125x32.625x14.75" N: 6.9375" T: 6.7375" (8.75" at trucks) (Dailan Huahong) + Jessup Ultra
Trucks: Independent Stage 11 Standard 159 8.75" H: 55mm W: 364g (+3.125") + stock 88a bushings + 2x Independent ⅛" riser pads
Wheels: Powell Peralta Rat-Bones 90a 60mm Width: 44mm
Bearings: Bones Reds + Fireball 10.2mm spacers

I'll post a photo if I ever find the time

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2022, 08:45:47 AM »

Trucks: Royal Ultra Light 159 8.75” H: 52mm W: 338g (+3.125”) + Bones Hard 96a bushings (black) + Krux small top/bottom washers + 2 extra Bones flat washers under bottom bushing

Why the weird washer setup on the royals? Must throw off the geometry pretty bad since stock royals are just as tall as bones.

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2022, 09:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why the weird washer setup on the royals? Must throw off the geometry pretty bad since stock royals are just as tall as bones.

I had overtightened my first set of Bones Hards so they were a little shorter

I replaced them and now I'm only using 1 flat washer on the bottom bushing

I'm not sure if that's really true though, I'm pretty sure stock bones hard bottom bushings are shorter than the stock Royal bottom bushing

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2022, 07:51:43 PM »
 8.5 quasi(bbs)/ 5.6 venture/ f4s
8.5 gx(ps stix)/5.6 ventures/ loop holes
8.5 never bolts(local homie brand bbs wood)/ 44 ace/ f4s
8.5 polar p2/ 8.25 thunders/ f4s
P9 polar/ 8.5 Indys/ f4s
Polar 92(9.25 at its widest point I believe)/ ace 66/ tiny f4s
Polar Dane 1/ ace 55s/ f4s
9.1 Quasi egg/ 8.75 ventures/ f4s

Still can’t seem to post a photo

https://imgur.com/gallery/qCsy8zb

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2022, 03:37:05 AM »
My standard setup right now is

Regular AF1 55 with hard bushings
Spitfire 54 Conicals

Am I crazy for setting up a

Hollow Low AF1 55 with 3.5mm risers and hard bushings?

I just need to know, for science

I'm trying to turn it into a AF1 CLASSIC if that makes sense