Author Topic: Yessszir Update  (Read 7462 times)

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Yessszir Update
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:10:35 AM »
Anyone got an update on the hot new company? Is that guy who 'invested' in the company still getting to fuck the VP(furby's girlfriend)?

Possible new home for Lil Shatty?

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
Re: Yessszir Update
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:47:17 AM »
just checked furbys insta and his latest skate posts are him skating staples and doing a sick sw heel over a rail. i always loved his parts and hope we ll get one more!

honestly i never got the amount of hate directed towards him- his look may be a little jacked but in interviews he always seems humble and respectful. also with his company he uses some quality wood... seems like he s in it for the right reasons to me. more power to him!

Donald Rump

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:03:31 AM »
His skating is rad, ear plugs and all.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 04:26:38 AM »
just checked furbys insta and his latest skate posts are him skating staples and doing a sick sw heel over a rail. i always loved his parts and hope we ll get one more!

honestly i never got the amount of hate directed towards him- his look may be a little jacked but in interviews he always seems humble and respectful. also with his company he uses some quality wood... seems like he s in it for the right reasons to me. more power to him!

1. He goes by, "Furby"
2. Went from legit sponsors to starting a company called, "Yessszir."
3. Ear plugs

He does skate well, but there are also thousands of people on the planet who do as well and do not do any of the above three things.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 06:19:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

He does skate well, but there are also thousands of people on the planet who do as well and do not do any of the above three things.

not that i want to defend him in front of anyone- you can of course have your opinion of him but since his sponsors dropped him and noone else took him he started his own thing. and he actually went and got some good product... not the easiest way. i respect that.

didn t he post a bakerboys royalty check for a couple bucks. better to start your own thing than to give up i think.

oh and judging someone by the name or look... i don t know man. as said to me he seems like a decent human when i listen to his interviews- and he rips. i try to see past an earplug before i judge someone... but what do i know. i also think his style and trick selection do make him unique. that s why i want to see another part.

by the way just saw that his last post was a free twuan again post from 4 days ago
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:23:40 AM by zuma »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 08:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

not that i want to defend him in front of anyone- you can of course have your opinion of him but since his sponsors dropped him and noone else took him he started his own thing. and he actually went and got some good product... not the easiest way. i respect that.

didn t he post a bakerboys royalty check for a couple bucks. better to start your own thing than to give up i think.

oh and judging someone by the name or look... i don t know man. as said to me he seems like a decent human when i listen to his interviews- and he rips. i try to see past an earplug before i judge someone... but what do i know. i also think his style and trick selection do make him unique. that s why i want to see another part.

by the way just saw that his last post was a free twuan again post from 4 days ago

You can judge him by his name because I don't think that was what he was given at birth

And most of skating is judging someone by how they look.  You think Dylan would get as much love if he looked like Jordan Maxham?   No he was just the ideal in the looks and style dept for a lot of kids (not to take away from his skating)

Don't give me this "he sounded humble in his interviews".  That means he sounded boring or had nothing to say

Wenning is someone to miss, not this Pajamimal

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

From being around the industry, if all your sponsors drop you and all you have left is to start your own company, that's not good.  If your name is Howard/Carrol/Jamie Thomas/Reynolds/Greco/Ellington/Mullen/Paul Rodriguez/AVE/Dill, etc. then you can get away with it. 

You also should not start a company based on a pop-culture catch phrase that was popular for a few months.  What's next, "Wazzzup Skateboards"?  "That's What She Said Skateboards"?  "Purple Drank Skateboards"?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

[close]

From being around the industry, if all your sponsors drop you and all you have left is to start your own company, that's not good.  If your name is Howard/Carrol/Jamie Thomas/Reynolds/Greco/Ellington/Mullen/Paul Rodriguez/AVE/Dill, etc. then you can get away with it. 

You also should not start a company based on a pop-culture catch phrase that was popular for a few months.  What's next, "Wazzzup Skateboards"?  "That's What She Said Skateboards"?  "Purple Drank Skateboards"?

Staba and MJ will fight you to the death for those company names

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:56:53 AM »

To be honest I am more interested in some stories about the VP(furby's girlfriend)giving out sexual favours to keep the company afloat! Nothing against Furby, he seems like a great skater

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
I met Furby once at westchester. He was really polite and nice and took the time to introduce himself to me. Watched his 420 part (haha) afterwards and I think that's his best part he's ever done.

His earplugs are whack but his skating is amazing. Not a fan of yezzur and really bummed he went from DW to that bs. But I wish him luck and hope to see more skating from him!
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:40 PM »
Anyone got an update on the hot new company? Is that guy who 'invested' in the company still getting to fuck the VP(furby's girlfriend)?

Possible new home for Lil Shatty?

I need answers

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
Did he leave deathwish or get kicked off?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

[close]

[close]

Staba and MJ will fight you to the death for those company names

Please.  You think I got time to keep up with all MJ's intellectual creative ideas?

ShoNuff

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
His first error in life was allowing "Furby" to be his nickname.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

[close]

From being around the industry, if all your sponsors drop you and all you have left is to start your own company, that's not good.� If your name is Howard/Carrol/Jamie Thomas/Reynolds/Greco/Ellington/Mullen/Paul Rodriguez/AVE/Dill, etc. then you can get away with it.�

You also should not start a company based on a pop-culture catch phrase that was popular for a few months.� What's next, "Wazzzup Skateboards"?� "That's What She Said Skateboards"?� "Purple Drank Skateboards"?

I wanna get hooked up by Purple Drank Skateboards yo.

I was never a huge fan of furby, he just seemed boring to me, never liked his skating,style, whatever. Anyone know why his sponsors dropped him?

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Daniel Gesmer

• Rep: -10
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
You can judge him by his name because I don't think that was what he was given at birth

And most of skating is judging someone by how they look.  You think Dylan would get as much love if he looked like Jordan Maxham?   No he was just the ideal in the looks and style dept for a lot of kids (not to take away from his skating)

Don't give me this "he sounded humble in his interviews".  That means he sounded boring or had nothing to say

Nah, you're just superficial and overly self conscious about what your internet friends might think of you. Seriously sad how people nowadays think "style" means fashion sense.. In the mainstream that's the meaning, but in the skateboard world its supposed to mean how you look on the board. Dylan got hype in the skateboarding world because he looked good on the board, and mainstream attention because he also had an appealing fashion sense. Furby has no fashion sense, but his style is pretty sick. It's understandable if you disagree with that personally but Antwuan Dixon is pretty much universally respected for his style and he has pretty much the same style as Furby. A lot of dudes on here would say that Dixon's got great style but Furby's is whack because he has gauged ears.

I guess this rant is more about how it bothers me that fashion used to be a cool peripheral aspect to skating but with "mainstreamification" fashion is slowly moving to the front and center. 

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
To be honest I am more interested in some stories about the VP(furby's girlfriend)giving out sexual favours to keep the company afloat! Nothing against Furby, he seems like a great skater

Is this the girlfriend that there was video of said instances? I thought (and could be wrong though) that there was video of her with said fella

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
It's "yezzur" so they were drawing dead from launch. Guy must have been so high when he picked that name.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nah, you're just superficial and overly self conscious about what your internet friends might think of you. Seriously sad how people nowadays think "style" means fashion sense.. In the mainstream that's the meaning, but in the skateboard world its supposed to mean how you look on the board. Dylan got hype in the skateboarding world because he looked good on the board, and mainstream attention because he also had an appealing fashion sense. Furby has no fashion sense, but his style is pretty sick. It's understandable if you disagree with that personally but Antwuan Dixon is pretty much universally respected for his style and he has pretty much the same style as Furby. A lot of dudes on here would say that Dixon's got great style but Furby's is whack because he has gauged ears.

I guess this rant is more about how it bothers me that fashion used to be a cool peripheral aspect to skating but with "mainstreamification" fashion is slowly moving to the front and center. 

Yeah, when have skaters ever emulated how their favorite pros dress???

Obviously not every skater is judged rigorously by their dress, but those with an image/specific way they dress tend to excel because they are more marketable.  Not everyone can do tricks like their fav skater but they can wear the same clothes etc.  it's been the case since the beginning.  . Supreme/cons days now, orange beanies before, Dylan's gear, Baker 2g era, and so on

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 01:37:58 AM »
Will there be a sister company called "No Sir" ?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 01:46:05 AM »
In one of the earlier, battle at the berrics, Furby was against Mike Mo, I think?... He was on the same level. Maybe Mike Mo and that era of skaters are somewhat overlooked given the talent level of today, but damn... that was the start of the prodigal syndrome to skating. I have respect for this dude. As others have mentioned, he's trying... That's something.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
In one of the earlier, battle at the berrics, Furby was against Mike Mo, I think?... He was on the same level. Maybe Mike Mo and that era of skaters are somewhat overlooked given the talent level of today, but damn... that was the start of the prodigal syndrome to skating. I have respect for this dude. As others have mentioned, he's trying... That's something.

i think it was the first one which was about 10 years a go
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
On the other hand Schmatty looks like he barely tries to rip
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

[close]

That's cheesy as fuck. To like or not like how somebody skates because of their fashion sense makes no damned sense. Yeah, a lot of people do that, but they are all lame as fuck. If its important to you to see people dressed cool more than it is to see people skate well, go to fuckin' fashion week ya kook.

And why the fuck isn't there a thread about Wenning's recent footage? Dude is one of the best to ever skate ledges and he's back at it. One of the few true ledge skaters who tried new and difficult grinds instead of finding new flip tricks to do into and out of standard slides/grinds
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1. He goes by, "Furby"
3. Ear plugs

[close]

[close]

[close]
That's cheesy as fuck. To like or not like how somebody skates because of their fashion sense makes no damned sense. Yeah, a lot of people do that, but they are all lame as fuck. If its important to you to see people dressed cool more than it is to see people skate well, go to fuckin' fashion week ya kook.

And why the fuck isn't there a thread about Wenning's recent footage? Dude is one of the best to ever skate ledges and he's back at it. One of the few true ledge skaters who tried new and difficult grinds instead of finding new flip tricks to do into and out of standard slides/grinds

What im saying is liking how someone looks on the board is a broad range of aesthetic choices.  Dustin Dillon is a good example.  I wouldn't want to wear a single thug he wears or particularly like it, but the everything together works to elevate him.  Same with Boulala.   Or even less extreme examples - Rowley, Heath, Arto.   You tell me your opinion of them wouldn't change if they were wearing jnco jeans and visors.   

To be clear - I don't judge skaters of how they dress

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »
I'd think they were dorky as hell with the jnco/visor shit, but I might still like their skating. Ironically, I'd use Boulala as the opposite example. His part in Sorry was fucking amazing, even though he dressed and acting like a clown throughout it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »
This Seamus post was the best regarding their original Gofundme page. Damn didn't realize its been almost 2 years since Yezzur has been around, definitely longer than i expected.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 08:15:43 PM »
how much money did they originally raise ;D
remember there being lots of controversy around this one (something about someone's ex getting banged on camera etc.) though my memory is fuzzy these days ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GinosGroceries

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 08:15:54 PM »
Will there be a sister company called "No Sir" ?

Close, but it's actually called "No M'am"

asakusa75

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
Look, is there a link to his girlfriend getting pumped on camera or not....?
Thats the real issue here.