Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 170880 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1620 on: May 31, 2022, 01:02:16 AM »
I’m in a slump waiting for the spanlys … might even get another pair of 420s to tide me over because eS Quattros don’t get distro over here and not sure if I’ll skate my blondeys.
Is the sizing on the eS accel tts? I wear true to size in accel plus but I could probably 0.5 size depending on insoles and thickness of my socks
@Gray Imp Sausage Metal I've found most eS cups to be TTS with respect to other brand cupsoles. I'm an 8 in other Soletech cups, as well as in Adidas cups, Lakai cups, and the new Van's Skate model vulcs.

I doubt eS has a different mold for the vegan models (AFAIK soles are vegan?), but I may be mistaken.

The Soletech vulcs, on the other hand, run about a 1/2 size larger in my experience (just trying them on, never skated them).

Caveat - I haven't tried a pair of the Accels on for a while, but the last time I did, the Slims had a non-removable insole. I think that's been fixed though.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1621 on: May 31, 2022, 01:50:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m in a slump waiting for the spanlys … might even get another pair of 420s to tide me over because eS Quattros don’t get distro over here and not sure if I’ll skate my blondeys.
Is the sizing on the eS accel tts? I wear true to size in accel plus but I could probably 0.5 size depending on insoles and thickness of my socks
[close]
@Gray Imp Sausage Metal I've found most eS cups to be TTS with respect to other brand cupsoles. I'm an 8 in other Soletech cups, as well as in Adidas cups, Lakai cups, and the new Van's Skate model vulcs.

I doubt eS has a different mold for the vegan models (AFAIK soles are vegan?), but I may be mistaken.

The Soletech vulcs, on the other hand, run about a 1/2 size larger in my experience (just trying them on, never skated them).

Caveat - I haven't tried a pair of the Accels on for a while, but the last time I did, the Slims had a non-removable insole. I think that's been fixed though.

Accel OGs feel pretty poofy right now and have a somewhat "stumpy" toe so they're not as contoured as an Accel Slim, Slim Plus, Swift 1.5, etc. Keep that in mind.

They've been TTS for me but you could go 0.5 up if you're worried the poof is too smothering. Adding an insole on top or completely swapping the thin foam one will help with fit and comfort. That worked for me in the past with some STI insoles from a Marana.  It's easy to take the Accel OG insoles out when you get em new.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1622 on: May 31, 2022, 11:48:34 PM »
Thanks guys/ gals, was having a bit of a skate shoe breakdown and spanlys don’t drop until July apparently. Would be a great to have a local that stocks vegan models, but I order everything online. I’ve found some grey/ gum joslins and while they are pricey, I think they might just do the trick!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:07:12 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1623 on: June 11, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »
Been lurking hard for a pair of canvas hi top all black last resorts mainly because I think I could get away with wearing them to work. If anyone comes across a pair online, please let me know. I'm open to any other skate shoes with a similar look if yall got any in mind too. Like these https://usa.lastresortab.com/collections/shoes/products/vm001-canvas-hi-black-black

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #1624 on: June 12, 2022, 06:33:08 AM »
It does @kneebone, and I was almost contemplating some emerica temples (or maybe even Dicksons) because they look pretty beefy for a vulc. Don’t think the white caspians have dropped here yet…

I'm loving the Emerica Temples, the soles are really sticky, and the shoe doesn't feel extremely bulky as I previously feared. They are fairly puffy, I'd recommend them if you'd like a fatter Windrow. They're on sale right now too. They run TTS. :)
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1625 on: June 13, 2022, 05:27:24 AM »
Expand Quote
It does @kneebone, and I was almost contemplating some emerica temples (or maybe even Dicksons) because they look pretty beefy for a vulc. Don’t think the white caspians have dropped here yet…
[close]

I'm loving the Emerica Temples, the soles are really sticky, and the shoe doesn't feel extremely bulky as I previously feared. They are fairly puffy, I'd recommend them if you'd like a fatter Windrow. They're on sale right now too. They run TTS. :)
awesome, thanks for that! Ended up ordering some charcoal Joslins to tide me over

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1626 on: June 27, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »
Anyone know why the new Winkowski doesn't come up on a vegan search of the Emerica website ??
Cocteau Twins

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1627 on: June 27, 2022, 11:46:59 AM »
Anyone know why the new Winkowski doesn't come up on a vegan search of the Emerica website ??
https://emerica.com/collections/footwear/products/omen-hi-black-olive-erick-winkowski  these ones?  Look like genuine suede to me. 

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #1628 on: June 27, 2022, 04:39:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://emerica.com/collections/footwear/products/omen-hi-black-olive-erick-winkowski  these ones?  Look like genuine suede to me.
It says canvas
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #1629 on: June 27, 2022, 04:40:36 PM »
Winkowski Is A Rarity... He Sees Life Through A Different Lens Than Most. So When We Worked With Him To Design A Shoe, Something Special Started To Emerge. Inspired By His Love And Appreciation For The 80's, He Wanted To Create His All Time Dream Shoe. Even If That Shoe Comes From A Different Era. Erick Loves Skating In Canvas Shoes, But Also Wanted To Increase The Durability. This Is Why We Added Rubber Patches On Both The Ollie And Toe Areas. He Also Wanted An Extra Pull Tab On The Heel For Convenience.

True High Top Construction
Double Wrapped Vulcanized
G6 Polyurethane insoles
Canvas Pull Tab On Heel
8 oz. Canvas Upper
Rubber Reinforcement On Quarter & Toe
Winkowski Signature Insole Graphic
Winkowksi Signature Colorway
Cocteau Twins

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #1630 on: June 27, 2022, 05:20:43 PM »
Sorry guys, those Winkowski's are suede. Will be making sure the description gets updated as that text was from Winkowski's first Omen Hi colorway which was in fact suede.

On a positive note, those Black synthetic Spanky KSL G6 should be arriving soon.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1631 on: June 27, 2022, 06:10:45 PM »

anyone ever try the puma rebound layup? dunk-ish, come in high and low, lots of colorways claim faux leather. @EmericaTM, sole tech need a freelance copy writer? there seems to be a mistake on vegan stuff almost every season. stoked the ksl is close!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:19:59 PM by hayduke lives »

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #1632 on: June 28, 2022, 06:37:43 AM »
Sorry guys, those Winkowski's are suede. Will be making sure the description gets updated as that text was from Winkowski's first Omen Hi colorway which was in fact suede.

On a positive note, those Black synthetic Spanky KSL G6 should be arriving soon.

Thank you
Cocteau Twins

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #1633 on: June 28, 2022, 11:56:02 AM »

Are the wino cruisers coming back?

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1634 on: July 06, 2022, 06:45:47 PM »
looks like vegan ksl is on amazon, before emerica site for some reason.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1635 on: July 07, 2022, 12:57:05 AM »
Anyone else tried the caspians?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1636 on: July 07, 2022, 02:11:07 AM »
@kneebone likes them from memory?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1637 on: July 08, 2022, 07:44:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
@kneebone likes them from memory?
Yup, love them. Whenever I look down at them I imagine they are vulc jamie thomas emericas  :D
Will def buy the burgundy and the white/gum ones when they come out

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1638 on: July 08, 2022, 07:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw them in an upcoming catalog.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #1639 on: July 08, 2022, 09:50:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I saw them in an upcoming catalog.

Yay, thank you, had to buy vans authentics in the interim

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1640 on: July 08, 2022, 11:30:35 AM »
New 420 colorway coming 7/10. Limited to 500 pairs. Purple and White.
No.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1641 on: July 09, 2022, 06:54:00 AM »
I found some 420s on sale for 42.81. They’ve got sizes 8-11. You can add another 15% off with code DF15NM15. Ended up buying three pairs for 120 with free shipping.
https://www.the-house.com/nen4mmb10018zz-new-balance-skate-shoes

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1642 on: July 10, 2022, 05:44:27 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1643 on: July 11, 2022, 02:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote
New 420 colorway coming 7/10. Limited to 500 pairs. Purple and White.
[close]

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/new-balance-420-ptb-166-6837716418625/

noice! Personally, I prefer the green colorway I had though….
Anyone copped the spanlys yet?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1644 on: July 12, 2022, 07:05:59 AM »
I really like the look of these high foxing tape "wrapped" Skate Slip-ons, but I'm reluctant to buy them because of how much everyone has been complaining about the fit of the revamped skate slip-ons.  I loved the AA slip-ons with the toe cap when they were the "pro" construction tho, and these remind me of those.

https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/wrapped-skate-slip-on-pvn0a5fcaddn

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1645 on: July 12, 2022, 09:31:38 AM »
I really like the look of these high foxing tape "wrapped" Skate Slip-ons, but I'm reluctant to buy them because of how much everyone has been complaining about the fit of the revamped skate slip-ons.  I loved the AA slip-ons with the toe cap when they were the "pro" construction tho, and these remind me of those.

those look great.

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1646 on: July 13, 2022, 08:38:57 PM »
those slip ons look sick. i feel like theres lots of halfcab hype in the air right now and it makes me wish i stocked up on those 14oz canvas ones from a minute ago  :'(

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1647 on: July 14, 2022, 08:56:59 AM »
cross post from the shoes you're wearing thread

Current pair of Joslin 1s.

I've been on a steady diet of this shoe the last couple years. This is maybe my 10th pair. But the first Vegan pair I've had. Pretty much the same as the suede. They were a little tighter during the initial break in period than the suede. But not enough to warrant sizing down. The flick was also a little slippery feeling in the beginning, compared to suede. But once they got scuffed up, I can't really tell a difference. I've been skating in these over a month now and they're not wearing down any faster than the suedes normally do.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1648 on: July 14, 2022, 09:42:47 AM »

i got a pair of the skate slips recently and found that if you replace the insole to something a tad lower, they are a much better fit. like for mine, i replaced the popcush with a cons insole and they fit pretty good now!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1649 on: July 18, 2022, 08:17:09 AM »
White canvas Louie Lopez

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/converse-louie-lopez-pro-ox-white-red-white-277-7776053559509/
Edit: Looks like a blue canvas one too

https://skateparkoftampa.com/-converse-louie-lopez-pro-ox-shoes-blue-white-white-81173-16579

Also some white canvas Puig Indoors in the main UPCOMING thread
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:22:13 PM by kneebone »