Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 169988 times)

dogstarman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #960 on: January 25, 2021, 04:27:39 PM »
I can't deal with a pad-less collar, but these are on the Nike site now and the details page confirms that the swoosh/heel tab are synthetic
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-blazer-court-skate-shoe-R6bVLk/CV1658-100

wonder when these will be available. not super into nike but seems like a pretty cool option

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #961 on: January 27, 2021, 05:25:18 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKi3nJXJrPr/?igshid=o4u6nzjfdy9s
Apparently these too?
I don’t wear nike so I know nothing about them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #962 on: January 27, 2021, 05:39:46 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKi3nJXJrPr/?igshid=o4u6nzjfdy9s
Apparently these too?
I don’t wear nike so I know nothing about them
EU-release only, not being released in the US :(  Wonder if you'll be able to get them over in Japan?
Edit:  doh!  didn't realize that was a tokyo ig account, haha.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #963 on: January 27, 2021, 07:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I can't deal with a pad-less collar, but these are on the Nike site now and the details page confirms that the swoosh/heel tab are synthetic
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-blazer-court-skate-shoe-R6bVLk/CV1658-100
[close]

wonder when these will be available. not super into nike but seems like a pretty cool option
red ones available now thru SPoT https://skateparkoftampa.com/nike-sb-blzr-court-shoes-gym-red-white-gym-red-86544-15643

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #964 on: January 28, 2021, 01:08:41 AM »
I just ordered my 6th pair of State in a row.
I really love the Bishop, but this time I ordered the Elgin.

It would be very nice to have a toecap version of those shoes.

I checked their fall 2021 catalog yesterday and was quiet bummed that there is zero vegan option though...

Thanks Gay Imp Sausage Metal for your feedback regarding the Omen Hi, I was tempted but I have narrow feet so I don't think the shoes are going to work with me.

I always wanted to try the indicator, but never found a pair...

I'm 8.5 in State and Laki, 8 in Vans pro, should I take 8.5 in Emerica ?

Edit: I forgot that there is this Bushwick colorway that is on their spring 2021 catalog so it should be out soon.
I will definitely try those, hoping that they are not as bulky as the Salem.

Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #965 on: January 28, 2021, 11:26:36 PM »
no worries mate, I would say my feet are medium width but my foot was swimming in the omens, and this is coming from someone who likes the wide toe box of 420s... maybe I got a dud pair?
I also didn't like how thin the tongue was, nor did I think the laces were placed strategically: I was kinda between holes on how high I wanted to lace them, if I went one up it was too tight and because the tongue was too thin, dug into my shin and if I went one lace hole down, I felt like me feet would slip out of them.
I'm probably the only one who I've ever heard say a bad thing about them though...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #966 on: January 29, 2021, 02:59:55 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKk_gXIJ8lV/?igshid=1m0gyr646tq2o
Just gunna leave this here for future reference, we all know this shit but a berrics x carinuma ad popped up on my youtube today and they are trying to push the whole, but it’s natural image... fuckers !!!
I’m honestly surprised modern mike V is pairing up with them

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #967 on: February 02, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
I really want to like these... I just... Don't love them that much...

https://www.emerica.com/us/collabs/slam-pack/dickson-6102000130.html?dwvar_6102000130_color=976#start=1

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: February 02, 2021, 11:36:34 AM »

https://www.emerica.com/us/collabs/slam-pack/dickson-6102000130.html?dwvar_6102000130_color=976#start=1
totally agree.  I think they would've been fine with just the extra toe piece, but that heel strip just makes it a blatant Nike Drop Type ripoff (some colorways of which are also vegan...).

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #969 on: February 02, 2021, 12:30:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
totally agree.  I think they would've been fine with just the extra toe piece, but that heel strip just makes it a blatant Nike Drop Type ripoff (some colorways of which are also vegan...).

Wow... Yeah... I don't support Nike tho so I definitely won't be buying any of their shoes... I hope those e's beyond suede shoes drop soon...

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #970 on: February 08, 2021, 01:34:16 AM »
What model are those beyond suede ?
I would love to support és but the shoes are not slim enough for me...

nopse

« Reply #971 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:45 PM »
yo! just finally made an account here. been hanging out specifically in this thread w/o one for over a year~

as a newer veg skater goon with size 14 feet this thread has been really sick. thanks yall <3

I know yall don't dig nike (I don't really either but they have my size consistently and it fits). Finally need to bin my nyjahs (first version). I repaired a hole on the bottom with shoe goo + cardstock before the ollie spot / toe tore through somehow. they have lasted me since last may/june skating an average of at 2x a week. I sometimes just cruise around but usually try stuff. I was impressed with both the shoe goo adding longevity and the shoes themselves felt better than expected. Only other shoes I tried were some canvas slips and laced vans. niether held my feet in place in a way I now prefer.

cheers

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: February 08, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
What model are those beyond suede ?
I would love to support és but the shoes are not slim enough for me...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ88bkxFGIi/?igshid=15cb9hi4q15nb
The silo but on a more standard sole, I think they look really good and will look great in other colorways.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: February 08, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »
yo! just finally made an account here. been hanging out specifically in this thread w/o one for over a year~

as a newer veg skater goon with size 14 feet this thread has been really sick. thanks yall <3

I know yall don't dig nike (I don't really either but they have my size consistently and it fits). Finally need to bin my nyjahs (first version). I repaired a hole on the bottom with shoe goo + cardstock before the ollie spot / toe tore through somehow. they have lasted me since last may/june skating an average of at 2x a week. I sometimes just cruise around but usually try stuff. I was impressed with both the shoe goo adding longevity and the shoes themselves felt better than expected. Only other shoes I tried were some canvas slips and laced vans. niether held my feet in place in a way I now prefer.

cheers
I think whether or not people support Nike is totally a personal decision and while I don’t won’t to give them money (which means nothing because my wife openly supports them) any vegan shoe you are buying is sending the message (data?) to these companies that there is a need for (good/ non-canvas) vegan shoes in the market.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #974 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »
Came across these.

Vegan, cup sole dunkalike. Brazilian only but still interesting

https://ousfootwear.com/naccarato-oe-black-camo

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #975 on: February 14, 2021, 04:20:39 AM »
My evants finally arrived, quick question: do they stretch out? Went true to size but my first impression is that they are feeling pretty tight ...

Skated in my 420s today and I think I’d honestly be happy to just keep rocking them as they are kinda perfect for my foot shape

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #976 on: February 15, 2021, 05:42:39 PM »
You heard it here first:

Expand Quote
@rothdigga when those vegan joints dropping son? Can we get anymore hints, or is it still hush hush?
[close]

Not really secret now that we have an ad in Thrasher for it.  213 Samarria Colorway with synthetic suede side panel and the rest canvas.  It's slated to arrive around mid-march barring anymore port delays so shops should be getting it around then.  That's the first shoe.  We have the other 2 coming around April/May so a decent selection of cup/vulc vegan options in the next few months for anyone looking for them. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 04:42:52 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Cubz

« Reply #977 on: February 16, 2021, 12:57:27 AM »
Great news !!! Hope the new 420 vegan model will be available in France...  ;)

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #978 on: February 16, 2021, 04:52:35 AM »
Vegan shoes are gonna be less durable as they can't be suede - it's that simple.

Plus your skateboarding and scrapping canvas on griptape - its gonna fuck your shit up no matter what. Just need to accept it or bite the bullet and skate suede shoes ;)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #979 on: February 16, 2021, 05:16:19 AM »
We get it, you’re 14 and you have lots of opinions.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #980 on: February 16, 2021, 05:38:10 AM »
You heard it here first:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga when those vegan joints dropping son? Can we get anymore hints, or is it still hush hush?
[close]

Not really secret now that we have an ad in Thrasher for it.  213 Samarria Colorway with synthetic suede side panel and the rest canvas.  It's slated to arrive around mid-march barring anymore port delays so shops should be getting it around then.  That's the first shoe.  We have the other 2 coming around April/May so a decent selection of cup/vulc vegan options in the next few months for anyone looking for them. 
[close]
anyone got a pic of that ad?

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #981 on: February 16, 2021, 05:42:31 AM »
We get it, you’re 14 and you have lots of opinions.

lol we get it - your a c-u-next-tuesday ;)

Another mug who can't respect another persons opinion or say.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #982 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:38 AM »
I have no problem respecting opinions that make sense. You just coming in to a thread to start shit is not exactly respectful.

As long as you use the lame excuse that people are not listening because they are intolerant, rather than realizing people don’t take you seriously because your opinions not being very well formed, you will not learn anything new.

You’ll delude yourself into thinking you know shit you don’t. But hey, hopefully you grow out of it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #983 on: February 16, 2021, 06:44:46 AM »

Where are you in France ?
I didn't found any shop carrying them either... :(

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #984 on: February 16, 2021, 06:57:42 AM »
Vegan shoes are gonna be less durable as they can't be suede - it's that simple.

Plus your skateboarding and scrapping canvas on griptape - its gonna fuck your shit up no matter what. Just need to accept it or bite the bullet and skate suede shoes ;)

Very very debatable opinion. Some of the toughest skate shoes out there are from the early 00’s when the majority of skate shoes were synthetic.

Suede also bags out and loses its shape unlike synth. Look at at modern running shoes, they don’t make them shits out of suede anymore for a good reason!

Also, we don’t respect others opinions? Didn’t you just waltz into a specific vegan shoe thread slanging unwanted opinions? “Oh, but the annoying vegans force their beliefs on other people” is a common complaint I hear, but your post proves the exact opposite ;)

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #985 on: February 16, 2021, 07:11:20 AM »

*you're

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: February 16, 2021, 07:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

*you're
*scraping  ;D

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #987 on: February 16, 2021, 07:56:35 AM »
I love skating canvas. I just feel bad about the wastefulness, due to short shoe life. If it was only about performance, canvas might be my favorite. Can’t think of any canvas cupsoles tho. A sturdier canvas is surely available/possible.
The best shoes I’ve had recently were the AVE pro, and the Tyshawn’s. Neither vegan. Both shoes would seem to be possible to veganize.
I’m not a vegan, I’ve just been trying to move more in that direction.
If anyone has any favorite shoes they’d like to recommend, I’ll be grateful!

Cubz

« Reply #988 on: February 16, 2021, 11:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you in France ?
I didn't found any shop carrying them either... :(

Je n'ai pas trouvé les 420 en France non plus, mais un nouveau modèle doit sortir en avril/mai... Donc j'espère que celui-ci sera dispo en France ;)

Voir sur le thread New Balance :

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga when are those 3 previously mentioned upcoming vegan models gonna be announced?
[close]

One is hitting in March and we should have a new 420 coming soon as well but the March one is the soonest vegan one for us.
[close]
^next month looks like.  Hopefully still on schedule.

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #989 on: February 16, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »
I have no problem respecting opinions that make sense. You just coming in to a thread to start shit is not exactly respectful.

As long as you use the lame excuse that people are not listening because they are intolerant, rather than realizing people don’t take you seriously because your opinions not being very well formed, you will not learn anything new.

You’ll delude yourself into thinking you know shit you don’t. But hey, hopefully you grow out of it.

Haha yeah OK Dad x
Realising is actually spelt with an S - the proper 'English' way so lets not get it twisted ;)