Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171162 times)

padded_shorts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #930 on: January 08, 2021, 12:28:57 PM »
Not impressed by the sole tech catalogs
Would it kill them to make stuff that looks good? The accel plus everstitch is a great shoe. This one could look worse, but it's ugly. That omen hi looks worse. Why couldn't they just make the winkowski in black canvas? Who wants words printed all over their shoes? The Leos look ok, but I really don't think I could skate in them.
My son got a pair of vegan Evants and they look great. I'm jealous of them. They were out of my size though.
No.

jkadams

« Reply #931 on: January 08, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
anyone who has tried the es symbol vegan:  how is the toebox width?  i.e., pressure on small toes?  [yes, they're ugly as sin, but good options are few; accel slim is for elf-children, evant looks wider outside but padding inside mashes my toes]

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #932 on: January 08, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »
Yo sole tech, I really want to support you guys but you’re making it hard ... had some money put away for that emerica drop but I guess NB# will be getting my hard earned

Edit: Silo’s are listed as synthetic but don’t feature the vegan stamp, neither does the textile accel slim. That chunk accel also mentions high grade microfiber which is synth ....

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:16:22 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #933 on: January 08, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »
anyone who has tried the es symbol vegan:  how is the toebox width?  i.e., pressure on small toes?  [yes, they're ugly as sin, but good options are few; accel slim is for elf-children, evant looks wider outside but padding inside mashes my toes]

Just got some in today. They're a little puffier than the Evants.  They're a tad short, not too bad though. Width is pretty normal in my opinion. I don't think I noticed much pressure on the toes, and I have yet to really break the shoes in so I can't say too much about them yet.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #934 on: January 09, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »
Maybe start messaging Don Brown on Insta to ask? Always worth dropping peeps a quick message.

I messaged one of the guys involved in the design of the DC Lynx and he mentioned that he might put a concept forward for a synthetic version.

Who knows if that'll happen, but hey ho.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #935 on: January 09, 2021, 04:05:42 AM »
Maybe start messaging Don Brown on Insta to ask? Always worth dropping peeps a quick message.

I messaged one of the guys involved in the design of the DC Lynx and he mentioned that he might put a concept forward for a synthetic version.

The whole purpose of the original was vegan, can't understand why they fucked up the reissue
Cocteau Twins

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #936 on: January 09, 2021, 06:04:14 AM »

Anytime we've messaged with the powers-that-be at Sole Tech, it's the equivalent of the "we've got [vegan options] at home!" meme

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
« Reply #937 on: January 09, 2021, 06:29:01 AM »
What’s the sizing like on the laced? That and the sheep jameson while I’m asking. Both of those looked close enough

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #938 on: January 09, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »
What’s the sizing like on the laced? That and the sheep jameson while I’m asking. Both of those looked close enough
I haven't skated any emerica cupsoles in 10+ years so i'm not sure about the Laced, but I have a pair of sheep jamesons that are true to size (a little narrow, but nothing like the accel slims)

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #939 on: January 09, 2021, 08:35:43 AM »
Laced TTS, although they had terrible heel slippage still atleast for me.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #940 on: January 09, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »
Thanks, both of ya

vegangangzta

« Reply #941 on: January 10, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »
I know nobody likes these shoes, but are they vegan?

They appear to be synthetic.

https://www.zappos.com/p/dc-court-graffik-black-dark-slate/product/7192579/color/207425

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #942 on: January 10, 2021, 07:53:09 PM »
I know nobody likes these shoes, but are they vegan?

They appear to be synthetic.

https://www.zappos.com/p/dc-court-graffik-black-dark-slate/product/7192579/color/207425
lmao i feel like the kind of demographic that wears these shoes would be turned off if they figured out they're NOT wearing animal skin on their feet

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #943 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
@GISM If I remember well, you ordered some vegan Samba, right ? If yes, what do you think about them ?
[close]
went true to size and they seem a tad too tight, currently trying to swap them for half  size up...

Ok, thanks !

As some of you guys told, I'm not impressed at all by these  catalogs. No Etnies Marana in a vegan colorway for example, although the last one went out of stock very quickly in most sizes...
Very disappointed.
(And I can't find any Vegan Evants in size 6.5/7 with France shipping  :'( )

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #944 on: January 11, 2021, 01:58:08 AM »
Yeah, they slept on the marana, seemed like a really good shoe and they only have to release one colourway a season ffs

padded_shorts

« Reply #945 on: January 11, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
The symbols are definitely not elf toed, but I wouldn't say they are extra wide either. Average toe box. A little stiff, walk around in them a couple of days and they'll break in nicely. The ugliness kind of grows on you and they are really comfortable once they break in.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #946 on: January 11, 2021, 09:16:57 AM »
Yeah, they slept on the marana, seemed like a really good shoe and they only have to release one colourway a season ffs
I have a pair of the maranas, I did like them quite a bit but stopped wearing them because I broke my ankle in them. Wasn't the shoe's fault but the shoe and the sound of the bone cracking are now linked in my head. maybe someday I'll get over it and put them back on.
No.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #947 on: January 11, 2021, 09:41:55 AM »
I’m sure someone has tried the vegan sambas. I’ll try and catch up on the thread later, but if anyone has some thoughts then that’d be cool.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: January 11, 2021, 09:53:29 AM »
I’m sure someone has tried the vegan sambas. I’ll try and catch up on the thread later, but if anyone has some thoughts then that’d be cool.
Love mine.  Gotta go half size up, and the insole is worthless.  Haven't skated them though.  Even with a nicer insole, they are still very thin on the bottom with not much lateral stability.  Typical indoor soccer type of shoe, obviously.  It's a classic lifestyle shoe, not meant to be a skate shoe. 

Cubz

« Reply #949 on: January 11, 2021, 11:17:20 AM »
A vegan Silo will be released this summer :
Looks great !  ;)

Fakie Manuel

« Reply #950 on: January 11, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
Damn, that Beyond Suede has me excited.

I just read veganskateblog.com review on the Evant. They look and sound so much more appealing in the review than on the Es website.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #951 on: January 11, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
Those look great and I will definitely be checking them out when summer comes around.  I can't imagine they'll actually be able to use the term "Beyond suede" tho, from a trademark perspective  (unless Beyond meat is indeed somehow involved...)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #952 on: January 11, 2021, 06:49:14 PM »
Make me a beyond suede Quattro eS, I’m begging you ... which is kinda ironic seeing as though the Quattro (and 95% of their kicks during those days) was synthetic :(

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #953 on: January 12, 2021, 08:52:33 AM »
Yeah those are my kinda kicks, looking forward to these!

Make me a beyond suede Quattro eS, I’m begging you ... which is kinda ironic seeing as though the Quattro (and 95% of their kicks during those days) was synthetic :(

This, too! I love the look of the Quattro.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2021, 02:01:58 AM »
Etnies Devon Smillie Blitz

So how are those Blitz ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #955 on: January 15, 2021, 06:10:59 AM »
Anything Vegan in the new Last Resort drop? Anybody know? I keep asking them on instagram and they always either just like my comment or message but never actually respond.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #956 on: January 15, 2021, 06:12:44 AM »
Anything Vegan in the new Last Resort drop? Anybody know? I keep asking them on instagram and they always either just like my comment or message but never actually respond.
None in this drop. Drop 3 in April will have the vegan versions.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #957 on: January 15, 2021, 06:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahhhhhhh, right. Thanks... I'm just a little too eager for some new skater owned options I think.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #958 on: January 15, 2021, 06:52:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ahhhhhhh, right. Thanks... I'm just a little too eager for some new skater owned options I think.
they look great too ..

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: January 25, 2021, 12:06:06 PM »
I can't deal with a pad-less collar, but these are on the Nike site now and the details page confirms that the swoosh/heel tab are synthetic
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-blazer-court-skate-shoe-R6bVLk/CV1658-100