Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171690 times)

padded_shorts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #900 on: December 15, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
the "slim" in Accel Slims is supposed to refer to the reduced padding in the ankle and tongue, but I agree with you, they are ungodly narrow.  I couldn't wear mine either, and I don't have a wide foot at all.
[close]

You guys weren't kidding about these. Holy shit, elf shoes for real. Just got a pair, but they're immediately going up for resale.

I found some canvas half cabs size 12 on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VANS-Half-Cab-Mens-Skate-Shoes-US-Size-12-Black-White-VN000KWY1W1/363060908936?hash=item54881dd388:g:P~wAAOSwLfZeWrwe

Also, for anyone with a flat foot, I've had good success with the fp gamechangers insole so far. Helped the NB420s feel a lot better.

Going to try out the Omen Hi Winkowskis next.

Thanks everyone for the info on here.
oh man, nice find. Now I just have to justify spending $85 on another pair of shoes I don't need.
No.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #901 on: December 15, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the "slim" in Accel Slims is supposed to refer to the reduced padding in the ankle and tongue, but I agree with you, they are ungodly narrow.  I couldn't wear mine either, and I don't have a wide foot at all.
[close]

You guys weren't kidding about these. Holy shit, elf shoes for real. Just got a pair, but they're immediately going up for resale.

I found some canvas half cabs size 12 on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VANS-Half-Cab-Mens-Skate-Shoes-US-Size-12-Black-White-VN000KWY1W1/363060908936?hash=item54881dd388:g:P~wAAOSwLfZeWrwe

Also, for anyone with a flat foot, I've had good success with the fp gamechangers insole so far. Helped the NB420s feel a lot better.

Going to try out the Omen Hi Winkowskis next.

Thanks everyone for the info on here.
[close]
oh man, nice find. Now I just have to justify spending $85 on another pair of shoes I don't need.
i hovered over that 'buy it now' for far too long, but ultimately couldn't justify another pair of skate shoes that I probably won't wear for another few months due to NYC winter, and by the time i'm skating full time again I'll have three new pairs of Last Resorts.  Was a tough pass tho! haha

padded_shorts

« Reply #902 on: December 15, 2020, 01:16:21 PM »
now that I'm thinking about it, I might have needed a 13 in vans. It's been a few years since I've worn them, but I'm thinking maybe Vans runs small. I'll have to check what my old ones are. I still have a beat up pair of the blue canvas ones at home.
No.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
I'm currently skating Servant dragon model i got a couple years ago, they are the strongest shoes I've skated in years
Cocteau Twins

vegangangzta

« Reply #904 on: December 20, 2020, 02:41:12 PM »
Did anyone else order Blondey’s new shoe?

I got my shipping confirmation last night

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #905 on: December 20, 2020, 03:25:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just so it's known the state Elgin shoe must have some special stuff holding it together.

I figured hole day one but I've skated the like 6x likely over 20 hrs. No hole just a light spot.
[close]
yeah, even the canvas states are designed really well, if it was a vans era your toes would be bleeding!
They also have a rubber underlay for when you eventually rip through the canvas
[close]

Let's be honest, this happen on the first or second sesh.
Very good shoes, I love them though.

Im pretty good on shoes. I usually can get 2 seshes out of a vans slip before I patch. I got like 5 or so out the  states. I had to patch them yesterday with inner tube. I was blasting through my socks. It was worth it tho.

I'd rather buy state than most other shoe brands.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #906 on: December 22, 2020, 07:56:48 PM »
Did anyone else order Blondey’s new shoe?

I got my shipping confirmation last night
while I'm not gunna argue that it's good that he's bringing out vegan models his colourways/ overly looking plastic materials don't do anything for me. Adidas actually have some good vegan suede, would be great if he could make use of it.
Let us know how they look/ feel when they arrive though, always good to have more options (esp. for cupsoles)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #907 on: December 27, 2020, 06:53:15 AM »
Tried my emerica omens out today because it was cold and I wanted some extra warmth around my ankles ...

I don’t think I can rock these tbh; the toe box felt nice and wide at first but then I just realized it was baggy on my foot. Couldn’t really find a proper lace height for them either, making them too high puts pressure on my ankle and too low means they feel like my heel is gunna slip. But if a bummer but I guess they weren’t made for my feet/ legs ...

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #908 on: December 27, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »
The Adidas vegan stan smiths are on sale for 51 bucks. Got 2 pairs
Cocteau Twins

padded_shorts

« Reply #909 on: December 28, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
Tried my emerica omens out today because it was cold and I wanted some extra warmth around my ankles ...

I don’t think I can rock these tbh; the toe box felt nice and wide at first but then I just realized it was baggy on my foot. Couldn’t really find a proper lace height for them either, making them too high puts pressure on my ankle and too low means they feel like my heel is gunna slip. But if a bummer but I guess they weren’t made for my feet/ legs ...
They definitely take some breaking in. Mine were very rigid for a few sessions. Perhaps once they've softened up the won't put so much pressure on your ankle? Hope they end up working for you.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #910 on: December 30, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
Brush Alley Skateshop use code BRUSHALLEY at checkout for 15% off most footwear and apparel. Should work on sale stuff too but sizes are pretty limited.
https://www.brushalleyskateshop.com/shop/footwear/3?limit=60&page=1&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc
https://www.brushalleyskateshop.com/shop/apparel/4
Swiped this from the sale gear thread. They have the entire eS vegan pack and the vegan Maranas 15% off the already reduced sale price. I just ordered another pair of symbols and a pair of evants for my son. $100 shipped.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2020, 04:01:01 PM »
Cheers for that, they ship overseas so I finally picked up some evants!!!

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #912 on: January 04, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »
Cocteau Twins

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #913 on: January 04, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »
Sick!  I missed that site so much.  I love my Evants, little to no break in time and comfy as heck  ;D

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #914 on: January 04, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »
i know, i know...it's ANOTHER canvas slip-on, but these look pretty good
https://njskateshop.com/collections/new/products/vans-skate-slip-on-black?variant=33041456824354

Also mentioned in the Nike thread, there's a "vegan leather" dunk high coming out, but won't be released in the US. womp womp

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #915 on: January 04, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »
Bummer, always wanted a dunk, missed the hemp one years back
Cocteau Twins

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #916 on: January 04, 2021, 10:15:02 PM »
I hate those in middle school and for some reason they fucked up my feet so bad just wearing them around that I still can't bend my left big toe very much. Sent them back to the skate shop I ordered them from because I was convinced they were fake (I was 13) and never saw them again.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #917 on: January 05, 2021, 05:51:12 AM »
There were also the denim-ish "binary" dunks from 2017, and much more recently the "eco dunk craters" from just a couple months ago.  Both are vegan, but if you didn't get them at release you'll pay several hundreds now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #918 on: January 05, 2021, 05:54:43 AM »
I ordered some evants, looking forward to skating them.
Although I will say, the more I skate my 420s, the more I think they are the best vegan cupsole available at the moment!

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #919 on: January 05, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
Haven’t paid attention enough

Expand Quote
[close]
There were also the denim-ish "binary" dunks from 2017, and much more recently the "eco dunk craters" from just a couple months ago.  Both are vegan, but if you didn't get them at release you'll pay several hundreds now.
Cocteau Twins

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #920 on: January 06, 2021, 04:25:43 AM »
@GISM If I remember well, you ordered some vegan Samba, right ? If yes, what do you think about them ?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #921 on: January 06, 2021, 05:03:53 AM »
@GISM If I remember well, you ordered some vegan Samba, right ? If yes, what do you think about them ?
went true to size and they seem a tad too tight, currently trying to swap them for half  size up...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #922 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
went true to size and they seem a tad too tight, currently trying to swap them for half  size up...
Yep, samba's need to go a half size up.  I'm a 12 in most everything (vans, emerica, NB, nike vulcs, other adidas) but needed to go 12.5 in the sambas

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #923 on: January 06, 2021, 07:05:27 AM »
I should have listened to you @kneebone

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #924 on: January 06, 2021, 08:39:44 AM »
Despite the Great British weather meaning it's either too wet and then doesn't dry up because there's no sun or it's too cold OR it's just..uhm, too cold. I have managed to skate a bit and try out the NBs I posted (All Coast 425s).

The only thing I had was coming from an old pair of Accels I had previous, so the toe box was longer and the rubber was a bit hard on the outer sole. However had a few flips in them and they're skating great now! The 'pleather' is holding up pretty nicely and doesn't feel too soft or too slippery.

I did manage to cop DS NB 868s for real cheap off FleaBay, so they're next in the firing line.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #925 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
I've probably said this already but the Evants are awesome. I've been skating this shit out of them and they are still holding up. The only shoes that have lasted me more than a month skating have been the Evant's and The Winkowski Omens... At least in recent history.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #926 on: January 07, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
Despite the Great British weather meaning it's either too wet and then doesn't dry up because there's no sun or it's too cold OR it's just..uhm, too cold. I have managed to skate a bit and try out the NBs I posted (All Coast 425s).

The only thing I had was coming from an old pair of Accels I had previous, so the toe box was longer and the rubber was a bit hard on the outer sole. However had a few flips in them and they're skating great now! The 'pleather' is holding up pretty nicely and doesn't feel too soft or too slippery.

I did manage to cop DS NB 868s for real cheap off FleaBay, so they're next in the firing line.
hell yeah. looked at the 425's on the US site and it also states that they're synthetic/mesh. might have to try a pair

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #927 on: January 07, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »
i know, i know...it's ANOTHER canvas slip-on, but these look pretty good
https://njskateshop.com/collections/new/products/vans-skate-slip-on-black?variant=33041456824354

Also mentioned in the Nike thread, there's a "vegan leather" dunk high coming out, but won't be released in the US. womp womp

I think it's more than just canvas, sounded like from one of the shop's descriptions that it's some sort of more durable coated canvas? With that and the duracap underlay, should be a more durable take on the canvas vegan shoe!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #928 on: January 08, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
Spring '21 Sole Tech catalogs are out.
Emerica has several vegan options in the Leo, Dickson, Wino and Omen.
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP21-Catalog1/
Etnies has some new Sheep-branded colors/models
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/etnies-SP21-Catalog
Es catalog is less exciting.  A tiedye canvas Accel Slim and similar accel plus everstitch.  That's it.
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SP21-Catalog

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #929 on: January 08, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Not impressed by the sole tech catalogs
Cocteau Twins