Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171712 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
Phew, I’m sure glad Buck Russel came in here and showed us who’s who😂
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:47:30 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Went and found these at my local and picked them up based on your review. Looking forward to seeing how they hold up!
👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼
Awesome, at least someone is reading them (my reviews), let me know how you like them!

meaty discipline

• Rep: 0
  • sweet sweet sweater meat
« Reply #392 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »
Hey thanks for all the input in this thread!

I got some canvas DC, I think evans, that was like 3 years ago, cause I got three pairs. I hate shoe shopping for vegan skate shoes,
so when I found something I liked I stuck to it.

Before that I got some old etnies, eco I believe. They were basically foam, totally trash for skating in, didnt last a whole session before all the laces ripped
That was skating a vert park too! terrible shoes.

Just ordered some Jameson Sheep Shoes, going to see how I like those. Debating on gettting either the Riley 2 tobacco, the Emery, the Lakai Newport charcoal, or the Emerica Indicator.
Indicator looks pretty darn solid, but I miss straight suede (been several years) so the Riley 2 looks pretty enticing...

I mostly want a shoe that will last a long while. I make canvas last but thats with a lot of shoe goo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2019, 12:24:07 AM »
Hey thanks for all the input in this thread!

I got some canvas DC, I think evans, that was like 3 years ago, cause I got three pairs. I hate shoe shopping for vegan skate shoes,
so when I found something I liked I stuck to it.

Before that I got some old etnies, eco I believe. They were basically foam, totally trash for skating in, didnt last a whole session before all the laces ripped
That was skating a vert park too! terrible shoes.

Just ordered some Jameson Sheep Shoes, going to see how I like those. Debating on gettting either the Riley 2 tobacco, the Emery, the Lakai Newport charcoal, or the Emerica Indicator.
Indicator looks pretty darn solid, but I miss straight suede (been several years) so the Riley 2 looks pretty enticing...

I mostly want a shoe that will last a long while. I make canvas last but thats with a lot of shoe goo.
I said it before: NB#420
Period.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #394 on: July 03, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »
Posted this in the general upcoming/new release thread, but the description says "features synthetic leather and shiny spandex uppers"!!   https://skateparkoftampa.com/vans-geoff-rowley-classic-shoes-669919-black-red-82326-14760

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »
Well props to vans for bringing it back in synth, I honestly thought Rowley would go out of his way to make them 💯 % animal hides

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #396 on: July 03, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
Posted this in the general upcoming/new release thread, but the description says "features synthetic leather and shiny spandex uppers"!!   https://skateparkoftampa.com/vans-geoff-rowley-classic-shoes-669919-black-red-82326-14760

These are probably my favorite skate shoes of all time.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2019, 08:26:50 AM »
NB# 420 are the ultimate vegan shoe.
Change my mind.
How do they compare to a regular cupsole? They look like they are closer to that than a vulc, but I'm not sold. I am rather intrigued though.
Currently wearing Es Swift Everstitch and liking them, however as with all of this stuff they are only produced for so long and then you can't find them anymore.
No.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2019, 09:20:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wonder if that red part does sth or is just for aesthetics.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
Woa.. the 420 are vegan?? Awesome!!

My next thought is how they are disposed of?? How do people get rid of shoes? Are these 420 environmentally friendly. How do we progress in both the production and waste of shoes???

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
Expand Quote
NB# 420 are the ultimate vegan shoe.
Change my mind.
[close]
How do they compare to a regular cupsole? They look like they are closer to that than a vulc, but I'm not sold. I am rather intrigued though.
Currently wearing Es Swift Everstitch and liking them, however as with all of this stuff they are only produced for so long and then you can't find them anymore.
didn't like the 420s, the sizing/ toebox was a no go for me, maybe if I half sized down I could have rocked them? It seems like there's two version too: the hard plasticky ones and the faux suede ones. Ben Degros said the faux suede ones stretched for him so he could half size down but the material on those plasticky ones seems super stiff!
Es swift is such a great shoe, they really take a beating, just picked up a pair of accel slim in evertitch too but I wish it had that rubber toe cap that they put on the swift... will skate them over the summer along with my Rileys
Still want to try the accel plus because they have the same sole as the swifts, can never find them in a size/ colour I like though :'(

Woa.. the 420 are vegan?? Awesome!!

My next thought is how they are disposed of?? How do people get rid of shoes? Are these 420 environmentally friendly. How do we progress in both the production and waste of shoes???
we pray that someday i-path makes a comeback. In the mid 00's Lakai used to make skate shoes that were made of old skate shoes and I thought that was a really great idea (even though they weren't vegan), Etnies is as close to "eco friendly" as you can get in the current market imho but you need to be buying their eco shoes...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:54:21 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

padded_shorts

« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2019, 10:29:38 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info. I too have been liking the swifts. They are so far holding up pretty well and are really comfortable. I just ordered a pair of accel plus. It seems like they have been discontinued, unless there is a new colorway coming soon. I ordered the black and teal ones, which aren't my favorite, but they were cheap and I can't ever find the black with the clear soles in my size.
No.

meaty discipline

• Rep: 0
  • sweet sweet sweater meat
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »
So far the indicator has held up really well.
 Only been through a few sessions, but I dont even feel to goo it up yet. Which is awesome, I thought I was cursed to having to skate canvas which rips after 2 days.

Highly recommend. I would love to find a pair of the swift for under 70 bucks but I wasnt seeing any in my size when I shopped.
Those rileys look good, maybe Ill get a pair as back up, I usually hate shoe shopping for the exact reason I cant find good info on vegan skate shoes, especially at a low price and in stock at my size (US11)

padded_shorts

« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2019, 07:18:31 AM »
So far the indicator has held up really well.
 Only been through a few sessions, but I dont even feel to goo it up yet. Which is awesome, I thought I was cursed to having to skate canvas which rips after 2 days.

Highly recommend. I would love to find a pair of the swift for under 70 bucks but I wasnt seeing any in my size when I shopped.
Those rileys look good, maybe Ill get a pair as back up, I usually hate shoe shopping for the exact reason I cant find good info on vegan skate shoes, especially at a low price and in stock at my size (US11)
Black and Teal Accel Plus Everstitch are on sale at the Es website for $59.99. They have size 11.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2019, 04:40:57 PM »
I actually like the black/ teal color way, it’s a pity I have too many shoes at the moment...

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
Nothing says save the planet like shoes made out of synthetic leather.

padded_shorts

« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2019, 06:43:49 PM »
Holy shit! I never thought of that! And certainly no one has brought it up on this very thread before, and it definitely hasn’t been discussed at length. Thanks for the comment!
No.

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Holy shit! I never thought of that! And certainly no one has brought it up on this very thread before, and it definitely hasn’t been discussed at length. Thanks for the comment!

You're welcome baby girl.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2019, 05:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »
Snarkiness is a symptom of Vitamin B12 deficiency. Just relax while I grab you some red meat to replenish.

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I wonder if that red part does sth or is just for aesthetics.

I saw those shoes yesterday. Pretty sure they are made from suede. Also, the dude who had them said that the red part fell off after a few days.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »
"the red part" is just red ink printed on the bumper, so yeah that will scuff off in like 2 ollies, or three walks around the block.  I take that as a good thing, i think the red accent looks stupid. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
more detailed, zoomable pics here: https://shop.ccs.com/vans-rowley-classic-shoes-66-99-19-black-red-10-0 
they look synth to me, but my biggest complaint is that they didn't update the insole to pro/ultracush 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:26 PM »
why even do the red accent then, it certainly wasn't featured on the OG rowleys in 2000?
I'm torn on them really; while that shoe was iconic and I owned more than 8 pairs, I don't think I really want to be giving Geoff any of my money in 2019 especially with his current stance on shooting animals in the head to help preserve them (and yes, I actually admitted that he is at least consistent in his own view after seeing him on the 9club). Anyway, kudos to vans to bringing them out in synthetic but I'm not really sure how well they'll sell. Re-release the XLT in synth and I'm pretty certain you could twist my arm though ... 

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
why even do the red accent then, it certainly wasn't featured on the OG rowleys in 2000?
I'm torn on them really; while that shoe was iconic and I owned more than 8 pairs, I don't think I really want to be giving Geoff any of my money in 2019 especially with his current stance on shooting animals in the head to help preserve them (and yes, I actually admitted that he is at least consistent in his own view after seeing him on the 9club). Anyway, kudos to vans to bringing them out in synthetic but I'm not really sure how well they'll sell. Re-release the XLT in synth and I'm pretty certain you could twist my arm though ...

You don't shoot animals in the head while hunting, you shoot them in the vital organs.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »
Depends on what you’re hunting, what kind of gun, and why you’re doing it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You don't shoot animals in the head while hunting, you shoot them in the vital organs.
I don't shoot trolls in the head either, I like them to suffer a slow death. Fuck a humane death ... anyway, are you going to actually contribute anything to this thread or are you just going to echo previous trolls and then disappear into the internet ether like so many have done before you?   

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2019, 10:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don't shoot trolls in the head either, I like them to suffer a slow death. Fuck a humane death ... anyway, are you going to actually contribute anything to this thread or are you just going to echo previous trolls and then disappear into the internet ether like so many have done before you?

I've seen you say "shoot animals in the head" more than once in reference to Rowley and I just thought I'd let you know you're a moron. Probably because your brain is being deprived of nutrients since humans are omnivores. Enjoy your soy milk and lower bone density.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2019, 11:18:05 PM »
So this isn't your first troll account huh?
Good to see, like your fellow brethren, you know nothing about the topic at hand or nutrition in general

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »
So this isn't your first troll account huh?
Good to see, like your fellow brethren, you know nothing about the topic at hand or nutrition in general

I know enough to notice that there are no vegan elite athletes. Rowley himself said he recovers much faster since eating meat again. There's a UFC fighter Sean O'Malley that was vegan who said the same. Clearly you can live and be somewhat healthy as a vegan but it's not optimal.