Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171662 times)

Teddy2Belts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2020, 10:58:12 AM »
Not sure of the password but there’s a eS vegan pack coming out this fall👊🏼

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/
Would love to peep!

Looks like it's open for viewing now. Slim is back, but (weirdly) with an all canvas upper.

And the Plus Everstitch is almost half off right now on Es's site. Limited sizing though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:05:09 AM by Teddy2Belts »

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #601 on: July 03, 2020, 11:29:21 AM »
I'd heard there was a synth slim coming out. I'm cool with a canvas one though. Those look great. The other 2 aren't really my style, but that's rad they are doing it. Not much coming from Etnies or Emerica though.
No.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #602 on: July 03, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »
Any sub 25 dollar options I am poor

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #603 on: July 03, 2020, 03:54:04 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #604 on: July 03, 2020, 04:05:51 PM »
I'd heard there was a synth slim coming out. I'm cool with a canvas one though. Those look great. The other 2 aren't really my style, but that's rad they are doing it. Not much coming from Etnies or Emerica though.
yeah the regular fall eS catalog contained a synth slim (carried over from previous seasons) and that was the only one listed as being vegan. Funny though, the accel slim plus in the midnight pack is listed as everstitch and there’s also another accel plus pictured in cream that doesn’t really looks leather or suede but neither of them say vegan🤔
As for the vegan pack, I’d probably only wear the slims anyway, the other two seem too chunky ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: July 03, 2020, 11:47:43 PM »
Can I also just say that all of those tech shoes back in the day, including the Quattro, were all synthetic. Carrol’s first lakai shoe too no?

Seems weird that they keep rereleasing these models, but changing up the materials, no one back in the day ever complained that’s these kicks were synth, in fact it’s what helped them keep their shape/ not bag out!

Junglist

« Reply #606 on: July 03, 2020, 11:49:34 PM »
Unfortunately it’s the tariffs that keep the synthetic options so limited.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #607 on: July 04, 2020, 05:30:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah the regular fall eS catalog contained a synth slim (carried over from previous seasons) and that was the only one listed as being vegan. Funny though, the accel slim plus in the midnight pack is listed as everstitch and there’s also another accel plus pictured in cream that doesn’t really looks leather or suede but neither of them say vegan🤔
As for the vegan pack, I’d probably only wear the slims anyway, the other two seem too chunky ...
That everstitch accel looks like it's suede. That is really too bad because those are amazing shoes. That cream colored one is kind of ugly anyway so I'm not too worried about what it's made of. I'll probably get some slims though.
No.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #608 on: July 04, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #609 on: July 10, 2020, 07:34:24 AM »
Adidas has released a new vegan line of classics that actually aren't hippy dippy hemp brown or green!  It includes sambas (!!), superstars and continental 80s.  They're the classics so they're not actually part of the skateboarding-specific line, but still this is pretty cool.
https://www.adidas.com/us/search?q=vegan

There are more colors at the link above, these are just a couple examples.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #610 on: July 10, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
Yeah, the wife and I have been eyeing them, the sambas look great and hey, people used to skate in regular adidas all the time in the early/ mid 90s. Adidas sizing is all over the place though so I guess we’ll have to wait until they come to Japan...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #611 on: July 13, 2020, 12:45:45 AM »
In other news, I bought a pair of these:

Update: so I took these out for their 2nd spin the other day and I must say I’m quite impressed, break in time is minimal and the support/ heal lock feels great.

Rothdigga sent me a pair of the rubber type ones back when they first dropped and I couldn’t stand them. This faux suede version seems feel a lot better with griptape so if you’re looking for a pair, try to avoid the rubbery ones.

People say you should half size down in these but I’m not so sure if that’s true, I think they just feel bigger because the toebox is wide but I doubt I could squeeze into a 9.5. I usually wear thinner type socks with sole tech shoes but for these regular socks and my tts size seems to be the winning combination. Also, not sure if this is just for this limited edition version but these insoles have arch support unlike the OG which again, probably makes them fit better than the black ones I was given. Grip feels great and although people complain about no tongue straps, I don’t really feel the tongue slipping around. It’s a thin cupsole but your foot feels like it’s sitting deep in the shoe while giving adequate board feel. Like the eS swift 1s, you can’t pretty much skate these right out of the box. Will do a more in-depth review once they break in. I’m in love with the colourway tho!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2020, 01:10:06 PM »
Has anyone tried skating in any of the BMX-specific Vans pro line?  These new old skool pro bmx ones are apparently vegan.

https://www.vans.com/shop/old-skool-pro-bmx-dennis-enarson-olive-gum#hero=0
"Designed, tested, and approved by today's top riders, the Old Skool Pro BMX is made with synthetic leather uppers."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: July 23, 2020, 12:47:16 AM »
Damn, if they are cupsoles I’m down like a clown!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: July 23, 2020, 07:05:52 AM »
I went ahead and ordered a pair.  Will report back in a week or so.

sk8ergurl

• Rep: -14
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2020, 06:14:05 AM »
STRAYE makes vegan skate shoes and has 75% off right now... FYI

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #616 on: July 28, 2020, 06:23:42 AM »

I think isuck has a new account.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think isuck has a new account.
LOL yeah every single one of sk8ergurl's posts is about STRAYE

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2020, 09:36:15 AM »
Yeah, the wife and I have been eyeing them, the sambas look great and hey, people used to skate in regular adidas all the time in the early/ mid 90s. Adidas sizing is all over the place though so I guess we’ll have to wait until they come to Japan...

I skated (suede/leather) sambas in like, 2007 or so and they skated great. I’d definitely try them, especially if the material is closer to a vegan suede than, say, nubuck

I hate nubuck
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I skated (suede/leather) sambas in like, 2007 or so and they skated great. I’d definitely try them, especially if the material is closer to a vegan suede than, say, nubuck

I hate nubuck
My vegan sambas arrived last week.  The t-toe is def a vegan suede, not nubuck, but also the side area where you would get your ollie holes is really low, so it would blow apart after like one ollie.  Love the shoes but they're not viable for daily skating.  I also got a pair of the vegan superstars, and those i probably will be skating. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: July 28, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »
Post pics please!
Japan is usually so far ahead of the sneaker game but these aren’t showing up anywhere yet ...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2020, 05:17:26 PM »
Post pics please!
Japan is usually so far ahead of the sneaker game but these aren’t showing up anywhere yet ...
Overall they are virtually indistinguishable from classic sambas, except for the silly debossed vegan logo on the heel.  I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else besides the adidas website, and even there i think only size 7 is still available.  I've got some boat 12.5s
Here they are on-foot

side view where you can see how the t-toe is low on the sides

close-up of the vegan suede toe

vegan debossing on the heel

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »
So good, how’s the sizing? Adidas sizing is all over the shop ....

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: July 28, 2020, 06:30:18 PM »
TTS, I’m a 12 in everything but I bought 12.5 in these cuz I had some other vegan sambas like 10 years that I vaguely remembered being borderline small.  The stock insole in these is thinner than Dr Scholls deodorizer so I swapped it out for a spare Nike dunk insole I had laying around and now they’re perfect. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: July 29, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »
Oh, I also saw these on Kalis' instagram...new color of his kalis vulc appears to be all canvas
https://www.dcshoes.com/kalis-vulc-x-fns-skate-shoes-for-men-ADYS300594.html#cgid=collabs_40-shorties&start=1&hitcount=10

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: July 29, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
Yeah, I think DC are trying to do more vegan stuff these days and actually label it appropriately. Will have more news about this in the next few days actually... will post again soon

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: July 30, 2020, 07:01:36 AM »
Yeah, I think DC are trying to do more vegan stuff these days and actually label it appropriately. Will have more news about this in the next few days actually... will post again soon
oooh, nice teaser.

The old skool pro BMX's arrived yesterday.  The combination of the wafflecup sole and the popcush insole is way too thick in my opinion, but i'm generally used to skating thinner vulcs anyway (riley 2s, adidas 3MC, etc).  I'll probably put a thinner insole in these (the popcush insole seems absurdly thick, even moreso than the ultracush i've had in previous classic pros), but either way these old skools have the heavy synthetic leather upper so i'm not skating these in NYC summer heat anytime soon.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #627 on: July 30, 2020, 07:25:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I hate nubuck
[close]
My vegan sambas arrived last week.  The t-toe is def a vegan suede, not nubuck, but also the side area where you would get your ollie holes is really low, so it would blow apart after like one ollie.  Love the shoes but they're not viable for daily skating.  I also got a pair of the vegan superstars, and those i probably will be skating.

Unless they did it differently for the vegan model, it shouldn’t blow out once the T-toe rips, as the leather actually goes under the T-toe (unlike the skateboarding version).
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #628 on: July 31, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »
I've been skating the DC Infinite TX model and have really been enjoying it. Seems harder to find as of now unfortunately.

Hopefully this Textile model stays in the line. Note to anyone at DC reading this: that other woven fabric you use is straight garbage - stick to canvas & please lay off the ugly couch print patterns, that stuff is always on sale because it's ugly and nobody wants it. Some additional rubber under the canvas would be greatly appreciated as well.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: July 31, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
Does anyone have the current eS catalog?  I saw these accel slims on their website, and they don't specifically say vegan or come up in the vegan search on their site, but they def look like that synthetic nubuck and i think this is the same colorway that came out a few seasons ago which was all synth
https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/accel-slim-5101000144.html?dwvar_5101000144_color=978#zoomContainer