Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171625 times)

OrangeVHStapes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #630 on: July 31, 2020, 12:04:24 PM »
Just saw Lakai had their fall drop... Anybody know if any of those are vegan? ... Also any word on when e's fall vegan shoes drop???

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #631 on: July 31, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
Does anyone have the current eS catalog?  I saw these accel slims on their website, and they don't specifically say vegan or come up in the vegan search on their site, but they def look like that synthetic nubuck and i think this is the same colorway that came out a few seasons ago which was all synth
https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/accel-slim-5101000144.html?dwvar_5101000144_color=978#zoomContainer

Sure looks synthetic, would love a confirmation though.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #632 on: July 31, 2020, 03:35:52 PM »
Yeah, I’m pretty sure they carried that accel slim over from previous seasons and it’s 🌱 vegan. There were two eS catalogs posted a while back, one was full vegan and the other was just the upcoming season but it had that model in there

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #633 on: July 31, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
Just saw Lakai had their fall drop... Anybody know if any of those are vegan? ... Also any word on when e's fall vegan shoes drop???
there’s a few textile models in there (griffin etc.) nothing too special. eS vegan pack was posted a few pages back

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #634 on: August 01, 2020, 02:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone have the current eS catalog?  I saw these accel slims on their website, and they don't specifically say vegan or come up in the vegan search on their site, but they def look like that synthetic nubuck and i think this is the same colorway that came out a few seasons ago which was all synth
https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/accel-slim-5101000144.html?dwvar_5101000144_color=978#zoomContainer

[close]

Sure looks synthetic, would love a confirmation though.
Found the catalog for Fall 2020 which includes this colorway and it is indeed labeled vegan. 

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-FA20-Catalog/32/

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #635 on: August 02, 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
Do the new accel slums have tongue straps?
My ever stitch versions don’t

Non-skate related news, but is anyone getting adds for these guys popping up on their insta?

https://instagram.com/sayebrand?igshid=1sn7b1jy2a538

Terrible name, but the old skool Reebok workout vibe is pretty cool!

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #636 on: August 04, 2020, 02:26:03 AM »

Non-skate related news, but is anyone getting adds for these guys popping up on their insta?

https://instagram.com/sayebrand?igshid=1sn7b1jy2a538

Terrible name, but the old skool Reebok workout vibe is pretty cool!

Yeah I've seen the ads too..

The shoes look nice and all but I have a hard time buying shoes that look like a ripoff of an established classic..

Also I'm a bit weary of anything advertised on ig..

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »

Yes! Just got my pair. And they feel solid.

My Accel Plus's still have a month or so left in them. But I'll be moving onto the Slims after.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #638 on: August 07, 2020, 07:14:53 AM »
@Mystical Leader fair enough, they are slightly too much homage. Guess I’ll just get some of those adidas joints instead!

@Teddy2Belts what color slims did you get? Those black ones? Plus and swift has the best outsole though, I love them shits!

Not skate shoe related, but these guys are having a massive sale atm. Bought a pair of boots from them 8 years ago and they are still going strong. Quite pricey at full retail but the quality is very much up there:
https://www.bravegentleman.com/footwear

vegangangzta

« Reply #639 on: August 07, 2020, 11:29:57 AM »
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:42:58 AM by vegangangzta »

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #640 on: August 07, 2020, 03:17:14 PM »
@Gay Imp Sausage Metal Yeah, got the black ones. Definitely feel the difference in the outsole compared to the Plus. But it seems like they should loosen up after breaking them in. Will probably wear them around for a few weeks before skating.

vegangangzta

« Reply #641 on: August 10, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
just got my accel slims in the mail today! between this and the tan/gum etnies marana, sole tech is killing it.

really looking forward to that es vegan pack in the fall
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:22:59 PM by vegangangzta »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #642 on: August 11, 2020, 02:21:41 AM »
Etnies just dropped two Vegan Jameson Mids

https://www.etnies.com/us/mens/shoes/jameson-mid-4101000533.html?dwvar_4101000533_color=213#zoomContainer
will make a good alternative to Ryan Lay’s shoe now that it’s discontinued. I felt the vulc/ cupsole hybrid was pretty meh but if you stick a good insole in there you should be okay.

@kneebone did you skate your adidas yet? The shell toes have finally got the shelves in Japan as I’m thinking about channeling my inner drake jones.

@vegangangzta noice👌 They should just keep that model in the lineup forever, or maybe an all black one? Tbh I expected more from the vegan pack (no swift 1.5?? 🤔) but I have to give them props for a full vegan lineup!

Also, @EmericaTM has promised us 10 (?!)vegan models in their upcoming catalog including at least two cupsoles? People were predicting spanky’s shoe but I’m defs down to cop either way!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #643 on: August 11, 2020, 07:39:51 AM »
will make a good alternative to Ryan Lay’s shoe now that it’s discontinued. I felt the vulc/ cupsole hybrid was pretty meh but if you stick a good insole in there you should be okay.

@kneebone did you skate your adidas yet? The shell toes have finally got the shelves in Japan as I’m thinking about channeling my inner drake jones.

@vegangangzta noice👌 They should just keep that model in the lineup forever, or maybe an all black one? Tbh I expected more from the vegan pack (no swift 1.5?? 🤔) but I have to give them props for a full vegan lineup!

Also, @EmericaTM has promised us 10 (?!)vegan models in their upcoming catalog including at least two cupsoles? People were predicting spanky’s shoe but I’m defs down to cop either way!
I haven't skated the adidas shelltoes yet.  It's still super hot here in NYC and therefore still shorts weather.  I don't think I can rock these adidas with shorts, needs to be with a pair of jeans for me.  haha

Regarding EmericaTMs claims about 10 vegan models for next season, here's my prediction:  The winkowski carryover still stays in, and there are at least 6 models that are just wino standards or slip on standards.  That leaves 3 others TBD.  Hope i'm wrong tho!

vegangangzta

« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2020, 12:29:49 PM »

yeah a swift would be great. really stoked on being able to purchase the Evant though!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #645 on: August 11, 2020, 03:20:55 PM »
My accel slims just showed up today too, and I’m super excited to get these broken in and skated.  I haven’t skated a full traditional cupsole in many many years, like probably the original JT circas.  I did skate a couple pairs of the NB#420 recently but I feel like those were a hybrid runner/cup sole. 

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #646 on: August 11, 2020, 06:14:56 PM »
I bought a pair of these off a friend of mine. they were super light weight and flexed well. Just needed a nightly refresh on some thin shoegoo.

vegangangzta

« Reply #647 on: August 11, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »

vegangangzta

« Reply #648 on: August 12, 2020, 04:31:17 PM »
I just started a new channel where I'll be reviewing all the latest vegan skate shoes

if anyone's interested, check it out!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #649 on: August 13, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #650 on: August 14, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #651 on: August 14, 2020, 04:33:22 PM »
Haven’t worn vans in a long long time but those are beautiful!!!

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #652 on: August 15, 2020, 07:52:34 AM »
I just started a new channel where I'll be reviewing all the latest vegan skate shoes

if anyone's interested, check it out!

The wear on mine looks exactly like that. Canvas torn up a bit, toe damage barely noticeable.
No.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #653 on: August 15, 2020, 11:58:37 AM »
I wish eS were still making the black Accel Plus Everstitch. The only sizes left around me are tiny.

vegangangzta

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2020, 11:25:51 AM »
https://www.etnies.com/us/mens/shoes/blitz-4101000510.html?dwvar_4101000510_color=964#start=7

You love to see it!!
Dang, that’s pretty sick.  I always wrote off the blitz as an all-canvas mall-type shoe.  Looks like the green/gum ones are synth leather/suede too.  Kinda ridiculous that on the black/white colorway they put synth leather on the eyelets and collar but canvas for the toecap. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2020, 11:27:45 AM »

I posted my out-of-the-box review of these on a previous page.  I think it’s great that they made them, but they are pretty damn thick and heavy.  Still have yet to skate mine tho.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: August 17, 2020, 03:44:24 AM »
Are they really that bulky @kneebone ?

I’m pretty much only rocking the NB# 420s lately and I have to say I’m really impressed with them overall. Probably even going to be hard to go back to shoes without a wide toebox...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #658 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »
Are they really that bulky @kneebone ?

I’m pretty much only rocking the NB# 420s lately and I have to say I’m really impressed with them overall. Probably even going to be hard to go back to shoes without a wide toebox...
I mean, yeah kinda.  The synth leather is much stiffer and thicker than I would've liked.  Then with the super thick popcush insole combined with the cupsole, it feels like i'm standing two inches off the ground. 

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
I hope to God those Fred Gall X Habitat X State shoes have a vegan option...