Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171617 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #690 on: September 03, 2020, 07:05:46 AM »

So here’s the DCs I was talking about, they were sent to me from someone at DC in Australia, apparently they are a prototype and a mid top will be released too. Reminds me a lot of the HUF classic actually. Not gunna lie, I probably won’t skate in these bar maybe some cruising because I prefer cupsoles but I am happy that DC is choosing to use this type of labeling and am hoping that this will be the star of a new era for them because they’ve never been too upfront about using the vegan 🌱 term even when their models were actually vegan (I think one of their models that Moses used to rock, the boxer?, never had a non-vegan colourway)

Anyway, they sent me an all white pair too which I’m willing to donate to one of you slap vegan heads. They are size 10 (28cm), please hit me up if you are interested/ want pics etc.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #691 on: September 03, 2020, 09:21:01 AM »
That's cool, hopefully they expand it more into the core skate line and not just chillers/thin canvas vulcs.  I def had so many of the old DC Syntax in the mid/late 90s because they were synthetic.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #692 on: September 04, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
Hit up Last Resort AB on insta (like a real man).  The first series is arriving at the distributors now, but won't include the vegan versions he's been talking about in interviews.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #693 on: September 04, 2020, 03:21:23 PM »
vegan lakais are a1 especially with the thick tread

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #694 on: September 04, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
The current drought of options has me eyeing up those $40 blacked-out griffins

vhsfisheye

« Reply #695 on: September 04, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The current drought of options has me eyeing up those $40 blacked-out griffins

do itt

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #696 on: September 04, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »
Lakai needs to make a synth cupsole, the materials they used on Riley’s slip on were great, just give me some CUP!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #697 on: September 05, 2020, 06:31:47 AM »
Yeah that charcoal synth they were using was great!

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #698 on: September 05, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
Lakai needs to make a synth cupsole, the materials they used on Riley’s slip on were great, just give me some CUP!

Dude, YES! Would love a pair of Cambridge's or Manchesters.

born bummed

• Rep: 0
« Reply #699 on: September 05, 2020, 10:19:03 PM »
Hey everyone, I've been referencing this thread for a little while, figured it was time to sign in for the first time in 8 years. Just wanted to mention the Busenitz Pros are definitely real suede, as some of you have mentioned. I ordered a pair based off the wrong info on their website. But I wanted to ask y'all if anyone knows about the Adidas Seeley black/gum are actually synthetic suede? The website says so but I don't feel like I can trust it now. Thanks!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #700 on: September 05, 2020, 10:54:21 PM »
Dm user skatan, or is it S.katan?, he can do a material check for you! What size do you wear in Seeleys? I have a brand new pair sitting around that I’d actually send you if you covered postage. AFAIK though there isn’t any current shoes in the skate line that are vegan and AREN’T canvas...

*pines for his adidas Silas 1s when they came in synth grey*

Junglist

« Reply #701 on: September 06, 2020, 01:47:45 AM »
Hey everyone, I've been referencing this thread for a little while, figured it was time to sign in for the first time in 8 years. Just wanted to mention the Busenitz Pros are definitely real suede, as some of you have mentioned. I ordered a pair based off the wrong info on their website. But I wanted to ask y'all if anyone knows about the Adidas Seeley black/gum are actually synthetic suede? The website says so but I don't feel like I can trust it now. Thanks!

Their website sucks. I asked a rep last year if the normal superstars were vegan and he said they were. They were not (obviously)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #702 on: September 06, 2020, 02:38:09 AM »
Yeah, their labeling and sizing is all over the shop hence why I find it hard to support them these days. As much as I cringe at blondey as a human, he was supposed to drop another vegan shell toe a while back that I’d totally be down for (his first see-through model, while vegan, was absolutely🤮 so my expectations aren’t very high though)

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #703 on: September 06, 2020, 06:49:17 AM »
The current black/white/gum seeleys are indeed synth! I have them and can confirm.  Only the standard seeleys tho, there’s a newer version with higher foxing tape and those ones are real suede
Edit:  here’s a link the vegan ones https://www.adidas.com/us/seeley-shoes/EE6136.html

born bummed

« Reply #704 on: September 06, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »
Dm user skatan, or is it S.katan?, he can do a material check for you! What size do you wear in Seeleys? I have a brand new pair sitting around that I’d actually send you if you covered postage. AFAIK though there isn’t any current shoes in the skate line that are vegan and AREN’T canvas...

*pines for his adidas Silas 1s when they came in synth grey*

Ah cool! Which Seeleys? I wear a 10.5.

The current black/white/gum seeleys are indeed synth! I have them and can confirm.  Only the standard seeleys tho, there’s a newer version with higher foxing tape and those ones are real suede
Edit:  here’s a link the vegan ones https://www.adidas.com/us/seeley-shoes/EE6136.html

Yes! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #706 on: September 14, 2020, 01:55:15 AM »
I just copped two pairs of State canvas Bishop, I hope they will last until Last Resort AB canvas drop.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #707 on: September 14, 2020, 05:01:28 AM »
Sneak peak of the Dicksons up here:
https://instagram.com/stories/i.w.i.k.a.m.o.s.s/2397717391952090315?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=pw8808l189zd

looking good!

I think I'll try out those Straye Stanley, they don't look bad, even in white. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #708 on: September 14, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »
Sneak peak of the Dicksons up here:
https://instagram.com/stories/i.w.i.k.a.m.o.s.s/2397717391952090315?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=pw8808l189zd
uggh why'd they do that with the foxing tape?

Anyone catch VeganSkateBlog's instagram stories yesterday?  Seems like lots of vegans are noticing the drought in skate shoe options out there right now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #709 on: September 14, 2020, 06:54:11 AM »
↑ I did BUT honestly that comment was a bit of a cop out from Ryan Lay (I was the one who asked him btw), sure, maybe he doesn’t want to rock sole tech anymore but there are still options available. Anyway, I messaged him and told him to try the 420s and he liked my comment. Also invited him here, even if just to get more information about what’s out there atm.

I don’t mind those dicksons tbh, at least they didn’t just offer full canvas and be like, “well there’s your vegan model”. It looks like they are actually trying to improve on the design and prevent it from blowing out
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:11:01 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2020, 09:28:04 AM »

looking good!

I think I'll try out those Straye Stanley, they don't look bad, even in white.

I recently picked up my first pair & you really get what you pay for with Straye. Super flimsy heel counter, and ill fitting. Ripped my laces both sessions skating them, and there's already a hole forming. I do appreciate the beefed up foxing & tonal rubber toe, but the rest of the shoe feels like some cheap knock offs you'd find at Target or H&M. Be aware before you pull the trigger.

Side note: Saw the IG story about the lack of vegan options & was hyped to see how many people had reached back out in response.

Teddy2Belts

« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
I don’t mind those dicksons tbh, at least they didn’t just offer full canvas and be like, “well there’s your vegan model”. It looks like they are actually trying to improve on the design and prevent it from blowing out

Agree on this point (though I also wish the foxing wasn't as pronounced). In any case, I'll definitely be trying the dicksons when they drop.

Have finally been skating those new Accel slims and, now that they're broken in, I might like them more than the plus everstitch. The plus definitely had better boardfeel out of the box. But the fit on the slims is snugger (which I like) and the lack of tongue straps on the plus is/was getting to me. And I'm hoping the soles on the slims lasts longer than the plus sole did. I burned through the plus sole somewhat fast (I've been stringing it along with shoegoo) and the whole shoe is beginning to feel bagged out.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #712 on: September 14, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agree on this point (though I also wish the foxing wasn't as pronounced). In any case, I'll definitely be trying the dicksons when they drop.

Have finally been skating those new Accel slims and, now that they're broken in, I might like them more than the plus everstitch. The plus definitely had better boardfeel out of the box. But the fit on the slims is snugger (which I like) and the lack of tongue straps on the plus is/was getting to me. And I'm hoping the soles on the slims lasts longer than the plus sole did. I burned through the plus sole somewhat fast (I've been stringing it along with shoegoo) and the whole shoe is beginning to feel bagged out.

I got a pair of the accel slims today. They are fucking slim. I’m hoping they loosen up a little as they break in. Did yours? I’m still coming back from a broken ankle too, so my left foot may still be a little bigger than normal. I also won’t be skating in them for a while for at least a few more weeks depending on what my doctor says. I may go back to skating my winkowskis at first for the ankle support.
I had one pair of everstitch plus that I loved(black/teal) and one pair that I did not(blue/grey). I’m guess maybe these slims will end up somewhere in between.
No.

Teddy2Belts

« Reply #713 on: September 14, 2020, 04:27:32 PM »
I got a pair of the accel slims today. They are fucking slim. I’m hoping they loosen up a little as they break in. Did yours? I’m still coming back from a broken ankle too, so my left foot may still be a little bigger than normal. I also won’t be skating in them for a while for at least a few more weeks depending on what my doctor says. I may go back to skating my winkowskis at first for the ankle support.
I had one pair of everstitch plus that I loved(black/teal) and one pair that I did not(blue/grey). I’m guess maybe these slims will end up somewhere in between.

Yeah, the slims felt really stiff at first. But they did loosen up, everywhere. And I bet if I wore them a bit with some thicker socks, they'd loosen even more. I wore them around for a week before I started skating them for real (which I didn't have to do with the everstitch). After then skating them for a real session or two, they started feeling perfect.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #714 on: September 14, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
I feel like my accel slims haven’t really stretched out at all, but I never wear my skate shoes outside of skating.  At first i was hating on the idea that next season’s accel slim vegan version will be all canvas, but now I’m actually looking forward to those. 

Teddy2Belts

« Reply #715 on: September 14, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »
Now that I think about it, I might have even worn the slims around for two weeks before really skating them. They definitely were stiff for awhile. But take my notion of "loosen" with a grain of salt. My everstitch plus feel too loose for me now and always felt a tad too big in the toe box (same size as the slims). And I hate how big the toe box of the NB 420s is. By the end of my time skating those, they just felt sloppy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #716 on: September 14, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »
I just copped two pairs of State canvas Bishop, I hope they will last until Last Resort AB canvas drop.
how do you like them? the collar looks super thin on them, haven't had any states in a while, would be good if they could drop a vegan version of their cupsole.

Now that I think about it, I might have even worn the slims around for two weeks before really skating them. They definitely were stiff for awhile. But take my notion of "loosen" with a grain of salt. My everstitch plus feel too loose for me now and always felt a tad too big in the toe box (same size as the slims). And I hate how big the toe box of the NB 420s is. By the end of my time skating those, they just felt sloppy.
I have a pair of everstitch slims that were ready to go out of the box, having said that they are basically 100% mesh without any rubber backing or reinforcements so I don't think they compare to the regular ones.
funny that you say that about the 420s, I kinda couldn't stand it when I first put them on but now I think I actually prefer the wider toe box and aren't really sure how I'm going to go back to elf toe shoes... :-\

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #717 on: September 15, 2020, 01:18:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how do you like them? the collar looks super thin on them, haven't had any states in a while, would be good if they could drop a vegan version of their cupsole.

I received them yesterday, they feel great.
They are very flexible, I think I could skate them out of the box.

I don't think they will be good for someone with large feet.

It's a vulcanized sole and they are very low so maybe it's not your cup of tea from what you are posting...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #718 on: September 15, 2020, 05:34:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
I have a pair of everstitch slims that were ready to go out of the box, having said that they are basically 100% mesh without any rubber backing or reinforcements so I don't think they compare to the regular ones.
funny that you say that about the 420s, I kinda couldn't stand it when I first put them on but now I think I actually prefer the wider toe box and aren't really sure how I'm going to go back to elf toe shoes... :-\

The slims are very much elf toe. If they don't stretch out I don't think I'll be able to wear them. I definitely can't wear them right now. Physical therapy has my foot a little sore without a too tight shoe. I'm guessing I will eventually try out a 420, assuming they keep making them. It's disappointing that the current everstitch plus is suede.
No.

Teddy2Belts

« Reply #719 on: September 15, 2020, 06:48:40 AM »

Maybe you've found your go-to shoe. I don't see NB discontinuing the 420s anytime soon. I wish I were more into the wide toe box. It's definitely a solid shoe. Flexible out of the box, decent boardfeel, and super durable.