Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171703 times)

sweet son of a bitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1200 on: May 30, 2021, 09:22:19 AM »
You could just avoid labelling yourself and work out your own code of ethics and try your best to do minimal harm to the planet and its inhabitants as best you can each day. Our whole existence is a compromise at this point. Do what you can and don't get hung up on labels.
Thanks ! Glad to read something sensible & not putting down one another . If skaters are going for a positive change that’s awesome . Instead of being offended they didn’t chose your ideas on shoes . I did lose interest in being so hard on myself years ago . I’m not doing it for other humans that’s for sure . Time to put this down & go skate !

vegangangzta

« Reply #1201 on: May 30, 2021, 10:08:35 AM »
Expand Quote
You could just avoid labelling yourself and work out your own code of ethics and try your best to do minimal harm to the planet and its inhabitants as best you can each day. Our whole existence is a compromise at this point. Do what you can and don't get hung up on labels.
[close]
Thanks ! Glad to read something sensible & not putting down one another . If skaters are going for a positive change that’s awesome . Instead of being offended they didn’t chose your ideas on shoes . I did lose interest in being so hard on myself years ago . I’m not doing it for other humans that’s for sure . Time to put this down & go skate !

“Didn’t chose your ideas on shoes”

They’re either vegan or not. You’re not doing it for animals either if you’re still wearing their skin.  ::)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1202 on: May 30, 2021, 10:26:41 AM »

Ok, these look pretty fresh in person.

Anyone grab a pair? Curious about the fit.

Me too. Super tempted by these.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1203 on: May 30, 2021, 12:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All Sole Tech vulcs are pretty TTS

vegangangzta

« Reply #1204 on: May 30, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They got another new omen hi up as well. Clean

White/Green

https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/team-shoes/omen-hi-6101000117.html?dwvar_6101000117_color=976#start=11

Big ups to sole tech for coming through this year.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1205 on: May 30, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What does TTS mean?

vegangangzta

« Reply #1206 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:47 PM »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #1207 on: May 30, 2021, 05:57:46 PM »
Those Sk8-His look really nice. I wonder how they ecofied the insole.
If I ever have that much spare change lying around, I’d get some.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #1208 on: May 31, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nm213/NM213V1-37928.html
If I got these can I go back to being vegan lol ? Those etnies are atrocious looking unless you’re 15. Had some lo versions of these & I loved this shoe . Not sure it’s been posted nor do I care .

Dead to Me

« Reply #1209 on: May 31, 2021, 09:30:04 AM »
If I got these can I go back to being vegan lol ? Those etnies are atrocious looking unless you’re 15. Had some lo versions of these & I loved this shoe . Not sure it’s been posted nor do I care .
im skating these now. They’re holding up really well and look good. A solid summer shoe. Im considering getting a second pair soon.

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #1210 on: May 31, 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
im skating these now. They’re holding up really well and look good. A solid summer shoe. Im considering getting a second pair soon.
Sick !

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1211 on: May 31, 2021, 02:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
can you give us a quick review? Particularly in regards to sizing etc?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Fakie Manuel

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1212 on: May 31, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »

I've been skating a pair of these for about a week. They are excellent, far better than the Jameson Sheep shoes which I had been skating exclusively for a couple years now. Prior to that I was skating Ryan Lay's Hi Top and also the NB420, but this shoe is better than all of them in my opinion. They are extremely comfortable and skateable immediately. I do a lot of flip tricks and this synth suede is impressively durable so far. My only complaint is that the tongue doesn't have the straps that keep it from sliding off to the side, but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

I skate about six days a week, I was thinking about going a couple more weeks and then posting photos and doing an in depth review. I'm not normally motivated to do that sort of thing, but these shoes are worthy.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1213 on: May 31, 2021, 03:35:35 PM »
I know the general “core” skater opinion of those Cariuma’s is wack, but I’m in the middle of this week’s 9 club with Mike V and he just mentioned that he has a pro model coming out around September that’s completely vegan. My only complaint about a lot of company’s vegan shoes is that they’re just canvas and flimsy, not much support at all. He said his model is going to be a high quality vegan shoe made with vegan material and recycled materials. I don’t care about public opinion much. If these shoes appeal to me whatsoever and they’re not like $120 I’ll give them a try.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1214 on: May 31, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »
I picked up a pair of the adidas Puig primeblue/primeknits during their weekend sale.  Arrived in one day!  Went 1/2 size up and they fit perfect, and I can confirm that the tongue and heel tab bits are indeed synthetic.  Wouldn't recommend skating in these tho, they are def chillers (even tho Lucas has been skating them on instagram).  I can't imagine they'd last more than a couple kickflips, there's no underlay under the knit. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1215 on: May 31, 2021, 04:47:10 PM »
They are excellent, far better than the Jameson Sheep shoes which I had been skating exclusively for a couple years now. Prior to that I was skating Ryan Lay's Hi Top and also the NB420, but this shoe is better than all of them in my opinion.
them's fighting words! no joke though, now I'm kinda intrigued ...

As for Mike V.'s shoe, I reserve judgment until I see them. Lots of people in here have no qualms supporting non-core brands (and that's fine) but eS alone has proved in this drop that they can bring out non-flimsy option and keep the materials tough!
Not for everyone though I guess? I was actually trying to break my evants in yesterday, in all honesty though they don't even need breaking in BUT I just don't like looking down at them... I love the silhouette of the 420s, they are shoes I'd rock even if I wasn't skating but the evants just don't fit my style...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:34:47 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

vegangangzta

« Reply #1216 on: May 31, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »
Oddly enough, the shoe I’m enjoying skating the most right now is the DC Manual. I know it’s not exciting and it’s like a vans chukka low mixed with a vans authentic, but the insole is comfy and they’re affordable. The canvas is pretty durable and a nice snug fit.

https://www.dcshoes.com/men%27s-manual-shoes-191282979020.html#cgid=collabs_manual&start=6&hitcount=19&cgid=collabs_manual&start=6&hitcount=19&cgid=collabs_manual&start=6&hitcount=19

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:12:34 PM by vegangangzta »

Dead to Me

« Reply #1217 on: May 31, 2021, 09:57:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
im skating these now. They’re holding up really well and look good. A solid summer shoe. I'm considering getting a second pair soon.
[close]
Sure. The shoe is true to size and fits better compared to most of the recent shoes I've skated (Es Accels, Nyjahs 2&3s, Ryan Lay's Jameson HT). They're not narrow and I haven't had any issues around the toe box area which I sometimes deal with in other shoes. I always swap out the stock insoles for fp insoles so I don't feel like I can speak on the insoles, unfortunately. As far as durability goes, these are what they look like after about of month of skating on average - four days  a week: https://ibb.co/C5HNfzg https://ibb.co/mHcgs4y
If there is anything I didn't cover that you were curious about, feel free to let me know.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1218 on: May 31, 2021, 10:51:56 PM »
Wow, you’ve thrashed those! I always change out insoles too so I was more worried about width and length of the shoe more than anything else. Have read that they are quite wide which is great because I like how wide the 420s are. Can’t currently cop them in Japan but thinking of getting some shipped over ...

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #1219 on: June 01, 2021, 01:27:03 AM »

I just ordered them.
I fit 8 in Vans pro, 8.5 in State, 8 in Etnies.

I'm not very excited by the yellow patch, so I might paint it white or something though.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #1220 on: June 01, 2021, 05:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
im skating these now. They’re holding up really well and look good. A solid summer shoe. I'm considering getting a second pair soon.
[close]
[close]
Sure. The shoe is true to size and fits better compared to most of the recent shoes I've skated (Es Accels, Nyjahs 2&3s, Ryan Lay's Jameson HT). They're not narrow and I haven't had any issues around the toe box area which I sometimes deal with in other shoes. I always swap out the stock insoles for fp insoles so I don't feel like I can speak on the insoles, unfortunately. As far as durability goes, these are what they look like after about of month of skating on average - four days  a week: https://ibb.co/C5HNfzg https://ibb.co/mHcgs4y
If there is anything I didn't cover that you were curious about, feel free to let me know.
Appreciate the review .I wish I knew about these before getting the vans high tops . I loved the lo top version .

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #1221 on: June 01, 2021, 06:28:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just ordered them.

I'm not very excited by the yellow patch, so I might paint it white or something though.

Can you just Xacto it off?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1222 on: June 01, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I just ordered them.

[close]

Can you just Xacto it off?
I'm also a big fan of this shoe but can't get down with the yellow highlights. 

born bummed

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1223 on: June 01, 2021, 07:38:07 AM »

I have these on right now. They feel great so far, but I haven't skated them yet. They fit true to size for me.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1224 on: June 01, 2021, 02:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I have a pair of them on the shelf. I've tried them on, I went tts and they are fine. Toe box is roomy, I could have probably gone down a half size and been ok but I'm happy with the fit.
No.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1225 on: June 01, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »
The 212s and 213s are pretty roomy. I have to go up to a 12 in Vans Pros but stick to 11.5 in New Balance 212s and 213s. I also have the Samaria colorway on ice. I usually upgrade the insoles in my 212s and 213s with the Remind Medics and there is still plenty of room. Love these shoes. Hope they continue with some non-animal product options...

vegangangzta

« Reply #1226 on: June 02, 2021, 12:59:45 PM »

Fakie Manuel

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1227 on: June 02, 2021, 06:01:56 PM »
I know the general “core” skater opinion of those Cariuma’s is wack, but I’m in the middle of this week’s 9 club with Mike V and he just mentioned that he has a pro model coming out around September that’s completely vegan. My only complaint about a lot of company’s vegan shoes is that they’re just canvas and flimsy, not much support at all. He said his model is going to be a high quality vegan shoe made with vegan material and recycled materials. I don’t care about public opinion much. If these shoes appeal to me whatsoever and they’re not like $120 I’ll give them a try.

If they are anything like his "Barnyard" shoe he had on Servant, I will definitely get a pair.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1228 on: June 02, 2021, 06:52:37 PM »
I’m contemplating axions...

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #1229 on: June 02, 2021, 08:44:20 PM »
I’m contemplating axions...
They look cool but the sole looks so think I can’t imagine to much board feel .
Have you seen them in person ?