Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171681 times)

Dead to Me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1890 on: June 14, 2023, 05:22:55 PM »
The eS SILO SCs are on sale for $50 on the eS website. Just copped a second pair

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1891 on: June 15, 2023, 06:46:09 AM »
The Vault hemp half cabs are now 30% of on the Vans site. Brings them down to $108 which is still steep, but I'm picking up another pair because these have been my favorite shoes to skate in a while
https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/half-cab-cp-vr3-lx-hemp-shoe-pvn0007publk?variant=vn%3A0007pu%3Ablk%3A120%3Am%3A1%3A

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1892 on: June 23, 2023, 02:53:23 AM »
Vegan Leos with upgraded heel cushion sneak peak:

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

PolarJames

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1893 on: June 23, 2023, 07:20:08 AM »
Am just vegetarian now but my current skate shoes are vegan, some cons chucks. They're canvas with rubber backing. They're holding up fine so far. The only bad thing is the heel is pretty stiff and can dig in. I had to put some padding in but they're fine now. A pretty obvious vegan choice but thought I'd just chip in with an option in case someone hadn't considered it.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1894 on: June 23, 2023, 07:56:07 AM »
Am just vegetarian now but my current skate shoes are vegan, some cons chucks. They're canvas with rubber backing. They're holding up fine so far. The only bad thing is the heel is pretty stiff and can dig in. I had to put some padding in but they're fine now. A pretty obvious vegan choice but thought I'd just chip in with an option in case someone hadn't considered it.
Though the skate chucks had leather under the canvas ?
Cocteau Twins

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1895 on: June 23, 2023, 08:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Though the skate chucks had leather under the canvas ?
That was a couple years ago with suede-backed canvas in the black CTAS Hi. The CTAS Mids have mostly been rubber-backed canvas. Make sure it has a heat-transferred patch because the ones that are sewn are made of leather.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1896 on: June 23, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »
Ok I’m sold on those updated Leos, as well as LRAB cup if it ever happens (I’m not confident in it…we never got VM002s and it seems like the only thing we’ve been getting lately are canvas 003s). Still waiting for a vegan Millic too

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #1897 on: June 23, 2023, 12:20:09 PM »
We have a vegan Emerica x Michael Sieben collection releasing this weekend with No Comply and then should be available at skate shops next month.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1898 on: June 23, 2023, 01:24:28 PM »

sebbo

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1899 on: June 24, 2023, 01:28:06 AM »
We have a vegan Emerica x Michael Sieben collection releasing this weekend with No Comply and then should be available at skate shops next month.

Are there any new vegan shoes in the pipeline? The majority of the vegan shoes are pretty old on the emerica site.
I skated the KSL and really like the feel and durability.
But I read that it is discontinued and the new Spanky doesn't come in a vegan version, which is a bummer :(

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1900 on: June 24, 2023, 02:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Leos…upgraded heel cushion
[close]
Say what?!
has a little heel tab in there like the Dicksons now no? Emerica TM already confirmed it was happening so these are the first pics

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1901 on: June 24, 2023, 03:02:04 AM »
I skated the KSL and really like the feel and durability.
But I read that it is discontinued and the new Spanky doesn't come in a vegan version, which is a bummer :(
yeah, I feel like not having a vegan spanky g6 is gross miscalculation on the brand’s behalf! @EmericaTM saod we are getting a figgy g6 colorway at the end of th year so that, plus the Leo, are two cups we have to look forward too

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1902 on: June 24, 2023, 03:06:13 AM »
Also I saw a Numeric 1010 here in Germany with hemp? Instead of mesh and every single panel bar the one that wraps the toe was synthetic… that’s kinda just fucking with us at this point, guess we get the upcoming 440 tho

sebbo

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1903 on: June 24, 2023, 08:37:46 AM »
Also I saw a Numeric 1010 here in Germany with hemp? Instead of mesh and every single panel bar the one that wraps the toe was synthetic… that’s kinda just fucking with us at this point, guess we get the upcoming 440 tho

Are you talking about the Tiago 1010 Tan & Green Skate?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1904 on: June 24, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you talking about the Tiago 1010 Tan & Green Skate?
yeah, think I am…

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1905 on: June 29, 2023, 11:57:30 AM »
Never ordered from this shop before so I don't know how legit they are, but Boarders in LA has posted the vegan 440s (also only sizes 8-11 posted. these better come in bigger sizes! @rothdigga what's up?)

https://boardersla.com/products/new-balance-nm440-vegan-black-white?variant=45357217349926

Edit: full size run and more pics on the New Balance site. Not labeled as vegan and still says suede/mesh in the description but these should be the ones
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440/NM440V1-44059.html?dwvar_NM440V1-44059_style=NM440LDT

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1906 on: June 29, 2023, 09:11:53 PM »
Never ordered from this shop before so I don't know how legit they are, but Boarders in LA has posted the vegan 440s (also only sizes 8-11 posted. these better come in bigger sizes! @rothdigga what's up?)

https://boardersla.com/products/new-balance-nm440-vegan-black-white?variant=45357217349926

Edit: full size run and more pics on the New Balance site. Not labeled as vegan and still says suede/mesh in the description but these should be the ones
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440/NM440V1-44059.html?dwvar_NM440V1-44059_style=NM440LDT

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1907 on: June 29, 2023, 09:35:39 PM »
Ohhh nice. Kind of strange NB wouldn’t call them out as vegan on their own site? Maybe it’s a copy/paste product description for now ?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1908 on: June 29, 2023, 11:18:59 PM »
Paging @rothdigga

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1909 on: June 30, 2023, 10:04:28 AM »
Boarders in LA is legit! They have multiple locations around the greater LA county area and have always treated me well whenever I've shopped there since 2006. I imagine their shipping is sound if you're ordering online, but I've never done it since I always buy in store from them
Super Champion Fun Zone

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #1910 on: June 30, 2023, 11:31:16 AM »
Ohhh nice. Kind of strange NB wouldn’t call them out as vegan on their own site? Maybe it’s a copy/paste product description for now ?
I think there's some super technical reason why we can't actually claim them to be 100% vegan but they are all synthetic and vegan for all intents.  I believe the oil that is used in the machines that make the fabric technically could have had some sort of animal byproduct in them and could touch the shoe...but when it comes to marketing it and calling that out we have to just say synthetic and not Vegan.  The legal dept sometimes makes things difficult...ha.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #1911 on: June 30, 2023, 11:32:17 AM »

they for sure come in bigger sizes.  Up to 14!  Some shops just carry a smaller size grid.

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1912 on: June 30, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »
NB site doesn't even say "synthetic".  It says "suede" in two places.  Why is anyone thinking these are not real suede?

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1913 on: July 01, 2023, 05:03:21 AM »
NB site doesn't even say "synthetic".  It says "suede" in two places.  Why is anyone thinking these are not real suede?
rothdigga works for New Balance and knows what’s up. Vern Laird has been wearing the same model in Instagram stories and he’s vegan. Other companies do the copy/paste thing as well including Sole Tech. I’ve seen descriptions that mention suede or leather when the shoe is completely canvas.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1914 on: July 01, 2023, 01:52:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
rothdigga works for New Balance and knows what’s up. Vern Laird has been wearing the same model in Instagram stories and he’s vegan. Other companies do the copy/paste thing as well including Sole Tech. I’ve seen descriptions that mention suede or leather when the shoe is completely canvas.
Vern is also straight edge so you can’t trust him. Or maybe he likes the shoe. Take away his vegan pass. Oh yeah he’s wearing suade  adidas for sure in his recent story. Banned 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 05:04:19 AM by sweet son of a bitch »

skrrr.skrrr.skrrr

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1915 on: July 03, 2023, 11:06:38 PM »
Ordered two pairs on Saturday. UPS shipment details state „synthetic“….

Gonna pick them up today and post some pictures.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1916 on: July 04, 2023, 12:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Vern is also straight edge so you can’t trust him. Or maybe he likes the shoe. Take away his vegan pass. Oh yeah he’s wearing shade adidas for sure in his recent story. Banned 
you do know that adidas make vegan superstars these days too right?

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1917 on: July 04, 2023, 05:03:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Vern is also straight edge so you can’t trust him. Or maybe he likes the shoe. Take away his vegan pass. Oh yeah he’s wearing shade adidas for sure in his recent story. Banned 
[close]
Of course I do. They clearly weren’t though and I didn’t care enough to look up what model he was wearing that’s for the slappers here to do their research. I do enjoy the Atlas forum 84 though.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1918 on: July 04, 2023, 05:15:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Of course I do. They clearly weren’t though and I didn’t care enough to look up what model he was wearing that’s for the slappers here to do their research. I do enjoy the Atlas forum 84 though.
Those Forums have recycled tumbled leather. They aren’t vegan.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1919 on: July 04, 2023, 05:27:34 AM »
Honestly surprised if vern is not wearing vegan kicks, dude has been vegan/ sXE since I can remember ….