Author Topic: Worst thing you ever tasted  (Read 9121 times)

Pigeon

Re: Worst thing you ever tasted
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »
mustard or any vinegar (unless it's in dressing or used as a preservative)

20matar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »
Expand Quote
What's the worst thing you've ever tasted?

Was it food? Human waste? The taste of defeat?

Worst shit I've ever tasted was CVS plant based protein powder. It's on sale for stupid cheap so I bought a sample packet. It tastes like death. Whoever ok'd this should be fired, castrated and then fired again for good measure. There is a special place in hell for you. Future generations will look back on this moment and wonder how we ever survived the CVS vegan Protein Powder epidemic. I'm not vegan, but I sincerely hope not all vegan protein powders taste like this.

If you don't believe me then I triple dog dare you to buy some. Make sure you film yourself. I wouldn't doubt that this could be the next trend in challenge videos. The "CVS Vegan powder challenge."
[close]

Wife once bought hemp seed protein and that shit was literally like eating dirt, haha. However, they were pretty expensive and I can pretty much stomach a lot of gross stuff, so I drank it all.

I'm getting into spicy food right now and don't have any really gross things to share with you since most of it involves some sort of meat ... but I did eat a condiment so spicy that I had a feeling like my face was getting paralyzed and an visiting Indian coworker refused to eat a lot of it (some stuff from Brazil).

Whoa. Any idea of what it could have been? I can't name one single Brazilian dish that is supposed to be extra spicy. Maybe someone was pulling your leg. Brazilian cuisine is a little bit too sensible when it comes to spices... even if you're eating traditional Northeastern food, which can be spicy. There are always those craft-beer-drinking kinds of people who like to pour industrial-grade pepper on everything, thinking it makes them manly, but I guess that's a global phenomenon.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1529
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »
nah, we were at a brazillian place and the indian guy wanted something spicy since no food on the menu was spicy at all ... so the che gave us a small portion of an orange sauce that was ridicules ... can't say it came from brazil

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 10:08:32 AM »
When I was about 12 my dad convinced me to eat an oyster, apparently you're not supposed to chew them which I was not aware of. The taste was absolutely atrocious, it tasted like gasoline. I haven't eaten one since.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »
yo the akavit with dill is mad nice, weird combo but good with pickles and bread and shit
is it clear? clear akevitt is for suckers. it should be brown and have passed the equatorial line twice to be drinkable.

I think the worst thing I've ever had was Smalahove, it's basically a cooked sheep or lambs head. The taste itself is ok, but it's just the presentation of it that makes me not dig it.
Rakfisk (fermeted fish) is also fucking disgusting.

Actually, most traditional Norwegian "celebratory" meals are fucking shit.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
Expand Quote
yo the akavit with dill is mad nice, weird combo but good with pickles and bread and shit
[close]
is it clear? clear akevitt is for suckers. it should be brown and have passed the equatorial line twice to be drinkable.

I think the worst thing I've ever had was Smalahove, it's basically a cooked sheep or lambs head. The taste itself is ok, but it's just the presentation of it that makes me not dig it.
Rakfisk (fermeted fish) is also fucking disgusting.

Actually, most traditional Norwegian "celebratory" meals are fucking shit.
At those parties, is it just everyone pretending to like the fish?

Surstromming gets opened under water because the smell is so rancid...

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
basically you just slam akevitt after every single piece, but yeah, you're right.

Mongoloid

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »
I eat pretty much anything and everything.

Only thing I wasn't overly keen on was this type of baby fish sushi I had in Japan. This was after eating whale, horse, fish eyes, natto, dried fish roe, and all sorts of chicken organs and skin raw. It was extremely bitter, and almost had a toothpaste like mouth feel. I still ate a few of them, but it was extremely unpleasant.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
> you haven't tried vegan protein powder until you've tried sun warrior. On the topic of protein powders, it honestly doesn't matter if it's plant-based or not; shit protein powder tastes like shit regardless

> super otaks lucked out on those medjool dates (did we talk about this in the RT4 thread?) because they are honestly one of my favourite things to eat ever

> natto is amazing and I eat it on the regular (dat vitamin K tho)

I'm generally a food snob and thus try to avoid shit food, having said that though I've travelled to some pretty dodgey places with my last job and in terms of food quality I have to say that Bangladesh was easily the shittest food I've ever eaten.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:02 PM »
I just had a free sample sushi, so im going with that

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 06:13:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it was like more of golden colour and was Danish?

And Gay Imp yes, beware the date never just bite in or you may have a disturbing and bitter experience, I used to love dates!

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
I once ate an entire container of Nutmeg and it almost made me cry how terrible it tasted. I feel like if I were to lick the asshole of someone off of My 600 Pound Life that's what it would taste like.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
hands down durian. It smells like rotten flesh.  And that time I ate pussy. YUK!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »
good (re: FRESH) durian is custardy orgasms, bad durian is rancid farts. Best durian I had was in Davao (Philippines), shit is like crack

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think it was like more of golden colour and was Danish?

The aged Brennivin is golden/brown but I think all Brennivin is clear.  I've had gold-ish akvavit and didn't mind it.  pso! is right about when it's nice, but again - not something I'm going to grab for but every once in a while, you get a taste for it.

When I was about 12 my dad convinced me to eat an oyster, apparently you're not supposed to chew them which I was not aware of. The taste was absolutely atrocious, it tasted like gasoline. I haven't eaten one since.

You must have gotten a bad oyster because I'll chew mine and have never had one taste (or smell) remotely like gasoline.  I'd recommend trying again if you can get fresh ones since you probably just got horrible luck.

I've heard fresh, ripe durian is fantastic (but still smelly) so I want to try some but am a little nervous as well.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 03:05:19 AM »
A cocktail called "The Last Word". It was the most expensive cocktail on this bar's menu and the place didn't have any descriptions of their drinks. I assumed with that name it was some deadly mix of alcohol.

Turns out to be some drink from the prohibition era that was brought back recently for no fucking reason besides to be different. Seriously the shittiest drink I've ever had, I originally thought they put something spoiled in it. I was just so fucking pissed off that whole night cause I could not understand why anyone would want to bring back a cocktail from a time when alcohol was banned and people had to mix different trash together to get drunk.The best way to describe the drink was it tasted like how spoiled fish smells. I even tried drinking the whole cocktail just cause I paid so much and I assumed it at least should get me feeling good, hardly got buzzed from it.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
my friend and i were at a bar one night talking about if we could go anywhere in the world, where would we go. i stupidly picked philadelphia because ive never had a cheesesteak and always wanted one. so my buddy asked the bartender something like "if i want a shot thats like a cheesesteak, what can you make?" he made us two liquid steak shots which is bacardi 151 and worcestershire sauce and might have put some tabasco in there too. ive had pukes that left a better taste in my mouth.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 07:30:26 AM »
hands down durian. It smells like rotten flesh.  And that time I ate pussy. YUK!

Yeah I accidentally grabbed durian dim sum off the cart and almost puked as a result.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 10:48:41 AM »

I've never had an oyster. And I have no desire to try one.

One of the grossest things I ate was about 10 years ago. It was a pickled plum. Looked like candy, like a gobstopper. And the packaging looked like candy. It was a Japanese snack my buddy had. So terrible. I ended up gargling with Early Times to try and get the taste out of my mouth.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »
Oysters look so damn unappealing, never one had one, probably never will. I was never aware you arent meant to chew them but i guess it makes sense, the texture would be gross.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »
This one time I took a big spoon full of what I thought was rice pudding in my fridge but it ended up being 2 week old mashed potatoes which tasted like spoiled milk and butter, I yacked all over my kitchen sink

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 06:26:53 AM »
Oysters look so damn unappealing, never one had one, probably never will. I was never aware you arent meant to chew them but i guess it makes sense, the texture would be gross.

maybe theres too much red on my neck, but ive always thought of oysters as a food rich people enjoy because theyre expensive and only fancy restaurants serve them. ive had them before and i was not impressed.

i think you can put a high price on anything and people will convince themselves they like it. do you think people would drink coffee from beans that a cat shit out if it were the same price as a normal, non cat shit coffee? they wouldn't, but charge $50 a cup and all of a sudden you've got customers.

shark tits

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »
raw oysters are ok but back in my shoplifiting days, smoked oysters were one of my favorite things to pad my pockets w/. once in redding, my friend and i grabbed marlboros and prolly 6 loose beers but when i pulled out the smoked oysters, my friend just gave me a new level of respect like 'you know just what to steal!'
idc if you guys try em or not but you're missing out.
i find mustard very unattractive!
also,
once i drank chew spit that i thought was cola.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »
There's an oyster bar here that my lady has been bugging me to try, maybe I'll go and report back with my findings.
It's immersion therapy.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe theres too much red on my neck, but ive always thought of oysters as a food rich people enjoy because theyre expensive and only fancy restaurants serve them. ive had them before and i was not impressed.

It's funny you say that because oysters (like lobster and offal) were actually seen as food suited only for the lower classes and destitute for most of their history. As pollution killed off oysters, they became more expensive and thus more desirable, loading their stigma. 

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 08:59:17 AM »
carrot juice.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »
once i drank chew spit that i thought was cola.

ive seen my friend grab and chug his spit bottle by mistake once. he pulled the car over and threw up while i laughed hysterically. it was great.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 01:33:13 PM »
Coffee.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
Anyone tasted lobster here? Is the hype real, everyone says its so good but ive never had it, thinking i should change that soon, see what all the fuss is about

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

shark tits

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
Anyone tasted lobster here? Is the hype real, everyone says its so good but ive never had it, thinking i should change that soon, see what all the fuss is about
i dig it but as a vehicle for salty butter mostly. in colonial massachusetts the inmates would riot or protest in the plymouth jail because they were fed lobster all the time. as someone said of oysters, they were plentiful and cheap before they were rebranded.
lobster and it's kissing cousin 'the crawdad' are both delightful in conjunction w/ ingrediants but i don't think they'd be better off alone.
also, via butthole surfers 'its better to regret you have ate lobster than regret that you haven't and if you see your mother this wkend tell her satan satan satan'.