Author Topic: Chris Cole off DC  (Read 19353 times)

Olympic Skater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Chris Cole off DC
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
He's removed DC from his sponsor list and is wearing Vans at the Street League Munich stop. Thoughts?

http://chriscobracole.com/sponsors/

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:40:51 AM by Olympic Skater »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Chris Cole off DC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »
Nyah on Vita Footwear
where is home?

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
Damn reDisCover
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

nothingisspecial

• Rep: -53
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
Wasn't this dude SOTY twice? Either Cole is really blowing it or DC is really really blowing it. Or both.

A dude like this should always have a home, I wonder if Berra had anything to with it.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »
Wasn't this dude SOTY twice? Either Cole is really blowing it or DC is really really blowing it. Or both.

A dude like this should always have a home, I wonder if Berra had anything to with it.
They probably can't afford to pay him.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »
cole is quite a skate nerd, he probably just enjoys wearing vans for the sake of it

i doubt he'll be put on the team though, most likely he'll be on diamond footwear or nike

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
*Of

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »
It's kind of sad that he will, most likely, never come out with a full part again.

Olympic Skater

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
Think he may go to Straye?

?I'm going to be a part of a new footwear brand called STRAYE. The shoes will be dropping in the next few months and one of my all-time favorite skateboarders will be joining me on the team." - Jamie Thomas

Dead Horseman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
the Street League Munich stop. Thoughts?

I just wish Brian Schaefer would mention Tampa while he's commentating. . .

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote
the Street League Munich stop. Thoughts?

[close]

I just wish Brian Schaefer would mention Tampa while he's commentating. . .

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »
Omit Footwear coming soon.

WaldoSupremo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »
Fingers crossed for an Audio comeback

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »
Well he was going to be part boss at Zero
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
Muska of CIrca?

zeroepedition

• Rep: -58
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »
I don't like being a hater on this guy because he's so fucking awesome, but I lost a lot of respect when started selling out so much. He said 'fuck you' to Zero and Fallen when DC and Plan B came knocking. He started Omit apparel and then said 'fuck you' to his OWN project company and went to DC Apparel. And then taking cheques to wear stupid ass Monster wristbands and shit. Chris Cole is so fucking lame.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
I don't like being a hater on this guy because he's so fucking awesome, but I lost a lot of respect when started selling out so much. He said 'fuck you' to Zero and Fallen when DC and Plan B came knocking. He started Omit apparel and then said 'fuck you' to his OWN project company and went to DC Apparel. And then taking cheques to wear stupid ass Monster wristbands and shit. Chris Cole is so fucking lame.

His knife sponsor is pretty core though

Jokes aside he was my hero growing up. No one could fuck with him because he could do any trick imaginable and now.... Jesus you really are gonna have your own website and put fucking Cobra as your middle name? He's basically up there with Berra when it comes to kooking yourself 

Olympic Skater

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

Cole has a wife and two kids, bills, and a mortgage. He could have stayed on those dying brands, just to please everyone else while his paychecks got smaller and smaller, but at the end of the day who would that help? Fallen still would have gone out of business because of Nike and Adidas. Zero probably isn't all that far behind either with all of the new board brands and their lack of marketable pros. He still rips, but now he can support his family.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
Fingers crossed for an Audio comeback

does my user name check out

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »

He went over a year without a board sponsor before ending up on Plan B, and Omit was dead a long time before DC Apparel. He didn't kill it, it died because it should have never existed in the first place. I'm not defending your point about the Monster checks but I bet they're enough to get any of us to point a wristband on.

Mongoloid

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 07:33:49 PM »
I feel like I need to take this space to make my Christopher Cole confession.

Even in my misguided (misled), bad tasted youth I never dug Chris Cole. His personal fashion style just seemed fake, and contrived to me. Later in life I learned that wasn't actually the case at all, and that Chris Cole just flat out has horrendous fashion sense.

I respect the guy's skill level on the board, but if he was a shining representative of skate fashion, then skaters must appear visually uggo to the unknowing masses.

Therefore Cobra fit in on an irrelevant DC.  DC is the kind of vomit Chris Cole deserves, and needs. Cobra and DC could have been the perpetual vomit fountain that sustained each other for the rest of eternity, but he had to go and fuck it all up double wrist band and all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:11:26 PM by Mongoloid »

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 08:01:03 PM »
This is ok

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
I feel like I need to take this space to make my Christopher Cole confession.

Even in my misguided (misled), bad tasted youth I never dug Chris Cole. His personal fashion style just seemed fake, and contrived to me. Later in life I learned that wasn't actually the case at all, and that Chris Cole just flat out has horrendous fashion sense.

I respect the guy's skill level on the board, but if he was a shining representative of skate fashion, then skaters must appear visually uggo to the unknowing masses.

Therefore Cobra fit in on an irrelevant DC.  DC is the kind of vomit Chris Cole deserves, and needs. Cobra and DC could have been the perpetual vomit fountain that sustained each other for the rest of eternity, but he had to go and fuck it all up double wrist band and all.

I always thought it was Christophe.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 12:36:39 AM »
For a guy with such a ridiculous career, I don't see a big name brand really being that interested in him. Especially Vans or Adidas as I don't see him fitting their aesthetic. Nike sponsors, everyone now with no real vibe to the team, so it's a logical landing spot I guess. Diamond could also work.

As for selling out? He didn't leave Zero until it was on the brink of collapse with potentially shady stuff going on with Blackbox (trying to get Mystery riders to sign a contract to then sell the brand such as Asta). Do people really think that you should stick with a brand that isn't paying you what they are contractually obligated to when you have a family to support when another brand is willing to pay you properly?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 05:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

His knife sponsor is pretty core though

Jokes aside he was my hero growing up. No one could fuck with him because he could do any trick imaginable and now.... Jesus you really are gonna have your own website and put fucking Cobra as your middle name? He's basically up there with Berra when it comes to kooking yourself 

Same here, fucking loved Cole. Sure, he is lame. His hairstyle is lame, taste in music is lame, he likes lame things, I know. Still, his kook level is is kind of harmless and he seems like a nice person.

Berra and Koston, on the other hard, are insane. Pretty sure they are into creepy shit like stalking and probably have restraining orders on their asses. For some odd reason Berra was given the liberty to write for TSM (when it was still amazing) and would always write some insane shit. The part that scares me the most is all the crazy shit he he held back.

I say, let Cole be lame. At least he does not have a backyard full of corpses.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »
Is Cole the first skater to do a flip back side noseblunt on a rail?

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »

i think so. first switch tre crook on a ledge?

zeroepedition

• Rep: -58
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think so. first switch tre crook on a ledge?
I feel like Bobby Worrest has done this at least once. Am I wrong?

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »
chris cole on emerica would make my week

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
chris cole on altamont and emerica, full makeover, regular fit blue jeans, Large tee (preferably mustard), Romero's current shoe