Author Topic: Ben K Pro  (Read 17494 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ben K Pro
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does his name sell boards?

Yes: he deserves it
No: he doesn't deserve it.

Remember, this is the same industry that elevated Tom Green to the pro ranks alongside Tony Hawk and Andrew Reynolds. We're talking post 900 Tony and SOTY rookie pro Andrew, at the forefront of the industry. And it wasn't just a guest board, dude was legitimately on the team. All off of an MTV show, a really bad movie, and boneless variations.

With that in mind, doesn't it seem like Ben is a bit more deserving of it?
[close]

no, this is completely the same situation
[close]
But with more details. Right?

people and their damn details!

Master Roshi

• Rep: 4
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2017, 02:22:55 PM »

D. Bag

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
sick graphic

why are people complaining about his fits? has he said or done anything to make you think he's a neo-nazi?
[close]

No, he hasn't literally said anything, or else I'd be like "fuck him".

The clothing you choose to wear is a form of communication though, and your decisions say something about you.

I was just trying to point out that he should be more aware of what messages he may be giving off by some of his choices.

It's also possible people's opinions on the topic, may largely be effected by what kind of area they live in?

I buzz my head down once or twice a week, and would definitely not feel comfortable walking around a lot of areas near me, in one of Ben's "Doc Marten's and ill-fitting pants" get-ups.

Don't mean to be negative on the guy, I've said mainly positive things about him. It's just he's shown himself to be a thoughtful and intellectually curious person in other respects, there's no reason not to apply those qualities to new areas.

Jesus fucking christ, not this shit again.

When did skateboarding become this regular that people literally want to tell others how to dress because, god forbid, one person in a million might make a nonexistent "connection" and have their butthole all hurt by it because they don't know how to exist in modern society without being offended at everything they don't like?

What really seals it is your implying that his being "thoughtful and intellectually curious person" (as if you know Kadow) status in your mind is based on whether you see a fucking Rorschach blot swastika in whatever the dude wears.  Yeah, your being offended that somehow Kadow is going to cause the rise of the 4th Reich by wearing goofy outfits is a major problem, man, this is serious stuff.  It makes me weep for humanity when I read this sort of thing.

Really, this is exactly why I've skated solo the past decade, I just don't know when so many people became brain-dead kooks who spend more time caring about being PC in all regards white-knighting for some supposedly offended individuals that they have yet to encounter than worrying about things of importance.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:25 AM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=96036.msg2666132#msg2666132 date=1501029422
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick graphic

why are people complaining about his fits? has he said or done anything to make you think he's a neo-nazi?
[close]

The clothing you choose to wear is a form of communication though, and your decisions say something about you.

I was just trying to point out that he should be more aware of what messages he may be giving off by some of

It's also possible people's opinions on the topic,

[close]

If he looks like a skinhead to you, ,then you've never been around skinheads. He wears band shirts and black jeans. Not sketchy. At all.

Stay in your own lane nerd

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -378
  • ants suck!
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick graphic

[close]

I was just trying to point out that he should be more aware of what messages he may be giving off by some of

It's also possible people's opinions on the topic,

[close]

If he looks like a skinhead to you, ,then you've never been around skinheads. He wears band shirts and black jeans. Not sketchy. At all.

Stay in your own lane nerd
[close]
fuck this, when is his pro part dropping?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2017, 05:26:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick graphic

[close]

I was just trying to point out that he should be more aware of what messages he may be giving off by some of his choices.

It's also possible people's opinions on the topic, may largely be effected by what kind of area they live in?

I buzz my head down once or twice a week, and would definitely not feel comfortable walking around a lot of areas near me, in one of Ben's "Doc Marten's and ill-fitting pants" get-ups.

Don't mean to be negative on the guy, I've said mainly positive things about him. It's just he's shown himself to be a thoughtful and intellectually curious person in other respects, there's no reason not to apply those qualities to new areas.

[close]

When did skateboarding become this regular that people literally want to tell others how to dress because, god forbid, one person in a million might make a nonexistent "connection" and have their butthole all hurt by it because they don't know how to exist in modern society without being offended at everything they don't like?

What really seals it is your implying that his being "thoughtful and intellectually curious person" (as if you know Kadow) status in your mind is based on whether you see a fucking Rorschach blot swastika in whatever the dude wears.  Yeah, your being offended that somehow Kadow is going to cause the rise of the 4th Reich by wearing goofy outfits is a major problem, man, this is serious stuff.  It makes me weep for humanity when I read this sort of thing.

Really, this is exactly why I've skated solo the past decade, I just don't know when so many people became brain-dead kooks who spend more time caring about being PC in all regards white-knighting for some supposedly offended individuals that they have yet to encounter than worrying about things of importance.

Post your fit son

Joking. Not just in Ben's case but fashion is as important as skating itself if not more with the fanboys these days. Who the fuck cares who wears what

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2017, 12:34:41 PM »
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children!  1488 Sieg Heil!    Hanging this one on my wall for sure!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
Being a pussy fever sure seems to have caught on in here

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »
i dunno i think skinheads dress cool

Maggie

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
boots and braces lol YEAH!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
oh jeez

Maggie

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
i just want to believe in something..

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick graphic

[close]

[close]

You seem way more unreasonable and offended than me, honestly. Not to mention you blatantly mis-stating and mis-representing a lot of what I said. My criticisms were fairly mild, and not attacks on him at all.

I don't see "maybe just try not to dress in a way, that would lead a lot of people to think you might sympathize with Nazis (especially considering the resurgance of that style of thinking is legitimately going on right now)" as being all that unreasonable.

The part about him clearly not being a dummy, is based on interviews I've read with him, where I was impressed by him seeming more intelligent than I previously believed. You are correct though, I've never actually met him.

Sorry you skated alone for ten years. That sounds really sad honestly. If you're ever in Philly, we can meet up.

uncle ducky do

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »
Can anyone actually tell me what is wrong with white people wanting a nation for themselves, free from the influence of other cultures?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2017, 04:10:35 PM »
The food/music/people/culture/nightlife would be boring as fuck?

There's tons of places in the U.S. (I realize this isn't quite what you asked), that are pretty much all white, with super traditional "white culture". Move there then.

I think the real question is, what the fuck is wrong with someone, who is so afraid of "outsiders", that they would want to live somewhere like that.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag �link=topic=96036.msg2666132#msg2666132 date=1501029422

What really seals it is your implying that his being "thoughtful and intellectually curious person" (as if you know Kadow) status in your mind is based on whether you see a fucking Rorschach blot swastika in whatever the dude wears.� Yeah, your being offended that somehow Kadow is going to cause the rise of the 4th Reich by wearing goofy outfits is a major problem, man, this is serious stuff.� It makes me weep for humanity when I read this sort of thing.

<3

This is not real life, it's just Slap. I bet no one even told BenK anything in real life, 90% people here embracing this PC bullshit would shite themselves just thinking about actually approach said pros and discuss about this stuff so that's why they sometimes resort to the message boards. Sometimes they are also grown ass men, so their chances of changing their behaviour are low. And that's sad. But you should just take it easy.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

uncle ducky do

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »

There's tons of places in the U.S. (I realize this isn't quite what you asked), that are pretty much all white, with super traditional "white culture". Move there then.

I think the real question is, what the fuck is wrong with someone, who is so afraid of "outsiders", that they would want to live somewhere like that.

Why does white culture need quotation marks?

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why does white culture need quotation marks?

the place you're speaking of is called "Nebraska"

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2017, 10:16:05 PM »
Can anyone actually tell me what is wrong with white people wanting a nation for themselves, free from the influence of other cultures?

god damn i hope you are trolling...still FUCK YOU

ONE PLANET ONE PEOPLE

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2017, 06:42:44 AM »
Even he looked like he was mad that he was pro!
The dude rips and will obviously sell boards. That's why board companies turn people pro.
As far as the skinhead stuff, he is on the company with all the whites..

Grind King Rims

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ONE PLANET ONE PEOPLE

I think that's what he's going for, yeah.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2017, 09:39:43 AM »

If you really wanna experience it, go to some extremely xenophobic country like Korea and it'll make more sense.

Do you guys really care about where this guy borrows his fashion sense though? I mean let's be real, if he was really some Neo Nazi then why would he choose to wear a brand of jeans that was created by a German Ashkenazi Jew?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:47:34 AM by Matthew_James »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

wheelies

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »
I heard he was gay

Guwop

• Rep: 76
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »
I heard he was gay

I've been hearing this too

Maggie

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »
more pussy for me dude

uncle ducky do

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ONE PLANET ONE PEOPLE

Right, because like gender, race is just a social construct!   Everyone should join together and hold hands!   Imagine it, it's easy if you try!

John Lennon said that!   I'm supposed to like him!

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »

Nosferatu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I heard he was gay
[close]

Yeah he was, but I heard he was over it after BA made it popular.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2017, 11:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I heard he was gay
[close]

[close]

Yeah he was, but I heard he was over it after BA made it popular.
Well played.

Maggie

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »
ben K can 'focus' my 'deck' any fuckin day baby i won't mind if he puts on american history x while we do it