Author Topic: Ben K Pro  (Read 17417 times)

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
Re: Ben K Pro
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 11:31:02 PM »
WHY THE FUCK IS SEAN PABLO PRO AND BEN RPO. FREE C MURDER

doublesteveburger

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »
surprised the graphic isn't crust and/or pop punk inspired...

Dragons were the original crust punks but then trust punks ruined everything.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 01:15:08 AM »
Expand Quote
surprised the graphic isn't crust and/or pop punk inspired...
[close]

Dragons were the original crust punks but then trust punks ruined everything.
It's obvious that is a Choose Your Own Adventure Punk inspired graphic.

Dead Horseman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 01:48:03 AM »
Kadow is skateboarding.

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 03:36:44 AM »
Kadow is skateboarding.
And Raw is Jericho
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 03:55:11 AM »
Skatings Charlie Watts...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 06:51:29 AM »
No relevant parts, just few trick in some edits.

Mason is pro. Its FA the team with most limited trick selection on the game?

thebacker

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 07:48:26 AM »

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »
Has Ben K released any full length parts?  I'm genuinely curious.  His skating is pretty good but I love seeing him take slams more than anything.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
I love when people ask if skateboarders have released full parts as if you can't fucking look that up in 3 seconds

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
not sure if he's on fa or hockey

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2017, 12:10:26 PM »
but why is he pro? Is there a demand for his board? Never been a fan of the dude. I miss the days when ams would grind for years to get the nod. Now all you need to do is get flow, blow up insta, suck thrashers dick, have a few tricks in a shitty webclip all in one year and you're golden. Being pro these days doesn't even hold much weight.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »
but why is he pro? Is there a demand for his board? Never been a fan of the dude. I miss the days when ams would grind for years to get the nod. Now all you need to do is get flow, blow up insta, suck thrashers dick, have a few tricks in a shitty webclip all in one year and you're golden. Being pro these days doesn't even hold much weight.

If it's so easy, how come you're not pro?
you never know about pre-cum 

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »
rad! this is too sick. Hockey has a really, really talented and fun to watch line up. I believe that all of those dudes deserve to be pro. Ben's board will sell. It's ok to not have a shit ton of footy or full parts, it just add to some mystery. It's better to have a little and want more, than have too much footy and your over it subconsciously. Every time I see Ben K stuff, I get hyped, and when its all over I immediately wish that there was more, so basically the hype is already built for the next drop. So sick.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2017, 12:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I misread this as Tom k . And was sad but go him. I'd say too soon but they turn everyone pro just to keep selling boards. Reality is without fa everyone but Ben , tyshawn , sage , and Donovan would be flow still so fuck it good for him. Edit forgot to mention KB but honestly he seems like he'd pull a Taylor smith - go pro and never be seen again.
[close]
So... Sean Pablo?
[close]

Nakel, terpening, fitzgerald- these are all things to avoid.
Not only did you list more than half the team as exceptions to your rule, but Nakel, John Fitzgerald, and Kevin Terpening were all well-established ams on respected companies (some for years) before they made the jump to Fucking Awesome. Why did their stock somehow drop after that? Beyond their board sponsors, what exactly changed?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
Skateboarding is a lot different now. Well not so much the act of skateboarding but the way the industry works. I feel like the reason why ams had to fight so hard before is because the internet culture and skateboarding weren't like they are now. Dudes can just skate and have it all over the place as apossed to having to get a photo and hope it gets into a magazine.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These days it is easy. At least that's how companies are making it look. I would never want to be a pro skateboarder hence why I just skate for fun.What the fuck is your obsession with me dwarf fucker? You want to fucking suck my dick or some shit? Trying to go on a date to the sizzler or some shit.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
going pro aint special anymore

This sums up the industry lately

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
It seems odd t funk isn't pro yet. Honestly though I think death wish needs the cash inflow compared to baker and foy and Kirby are definitely more marketable than the older dudes . Turn Hayes pro while you're at it . He's been with them for years.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2017, 05:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

everyone knows stoop kid doesn't skate bruh

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

These days it is easy. At least that's how companies are making it look. I would never want to be a pro skateboarder hence why I just skate for fun.What the fuck is your obsession with me dwarf fucker? You want to fucking suck my dick or some shit? Trying to go on a date to the sizzler or some shit.

Fuck, I guess add Stoopkid to that list in the soul skater thread.
you never know about pre-cum 

midgebones

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
Really surprised to see guys talking bad on Ben and questioning if he deserves to be pro...are you kidding me? And questioning what video parts/footage he has...what?

This dude is one of the most original and standout skateboarders of this weird new era of skateboarding we're living in. nobody can touch his psycho trick/spot selection or even compare him to anyone else in the industry. What I like most about him (besides the way he charges spots and his switch rail game) is that he doesn't seem to give a fuck about any of the popularity or attention that comes with being hooked up, even though he's on some of the most popular/hyped up brands out right now (Hockey/Supreme).  He's true to himself, no matter how weird everyone finds his style and attitude. The fact that he's a polar opposite of all the other pros out today makes me think he deserves to be hooked up even more.  We need more oddballs in skateboarding again.

In case I haven't made my point or if some of you have been too lazy or oblivious to his footage, do yourselves a favor:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:40:45 PM by midgebones »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 08:36:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's easy to find my social media on here and you would realize I skate and love skateboarding.

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it's easy to find my social media on here and you would realize I skate and love skateboarding.
Yeah but do you LOVE skateboarding???
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
not sure if he's on fa or hockey

Yea it took me a second also. But hockey.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 03:12:11 AM »
It's still crazy to me when you randomly start watching youtube clips of  a skater since the 'beginning' and then they slowly blow up and even become pro after some years. This make me so happy for them. It happened for BenK and also e.g. Daniel Dubois getting on skatemental.

The other guy is really good too and I'd love him on cons/hockey flow due to BenK connection but he probably just skate for fun and doesn't give a shit about this. He fucking kills it though.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »
i like his skating a lot but i cant bring myself to care about his pro status. it seems meaningless these days. monetize while you still can, i guess. i wonder if any of them make much from the board sales.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »

This dude is one of the most original and standout skateboarders of this weird new era of skateboarding we're living in.
;D ::)

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »
sick graphic

why are people complaining about his fits? has he said or done anything to make you think he's a neo-nazi?