Author Topic: Lunarlon vs Ultracush vs Adiprene  (Read 7978 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Lunarlon vs Ultracush vs Adiprene
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
Which one feels the best/provides the best cushioning in your experience?
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: Lunarlon vs Ultracush vs Adiprene
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »
Lunarlon is kinda the truth

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
For my feet game changers. All of the above do nothing to me.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
Lunarlon is kinda the truth

the midsoles, like on the Gatos. not the insoles, they compress too much over time.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »
Lunarlon midsoles are great, probably the best. For insoles, Adiprene, though a lot of people don't like the texture. Between Lunarlon and Ultracush insoles, lunarlon has more cushion initially, but packs out quicker whereas ultracush(especially the ones with the gel heel), don't pack out as quick as lunarlon insoles do.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 01:04:33 AM »
For my feet game changers. All of the above do nothing to me.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 01:56:50 AM »
i feel like boost is more comparable to lunarlon/ultra cush.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 02:10:28 AM »
For me the best cushioning is the zoom air insole that is the traditional dunk sb (air unit + piece of dense foam on the ball of the foot).

Lunarlon is confortable but not really effective on the long run.

I like the Adiprene, but it feels a bit unstable when the shoe loses its shape.

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:50 AM »

Unpopular opinion, the adiprene insole in my sucius is straight up lifechanging. I have never had a shoe that didn't hurt at the end of a long day skating before, I could get used to this, my last pair of kyle walkers (ultracush) was like this too, but after about a week they broke in a fair bit and my feet would hurt more at the end of a session, I haven't skated a shoe with lunarlon in it in ages but I remember it being really good for the first couple weeks, then packing out into a stiff piece of foam with no cushioning.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:50 AM »
Lunarlons are the worse ones in the list, haven't tried adiprene and the old ultra Cush with the specific red gel for heel and blue on the ball of the foot area/toe was the best but I use game changer elites and they're perfect insoles in every way
yes

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1131
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »
Es STI foam or whatever they put in the "SQ" should be part of this conversation. I actually hated them because they were too soft and cushy. They felt weird.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
hardly art, hardly starving

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 06:57:52 AM »
To me it's what and how you skate and how fat you are/aren't that makes or breaks insoles. Ultra crush has been good to me but when i was younger I swore by Globes and those were like sofa cushions on your feet. E's gel inserts sere tight because you could take them out to use on other shoes.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »
I'm 35, so my metabolism isn't what it used to be. I've always fluctuated weight. When I was running 5 miles a day, I was good just skating Vans and Janoskis. Unfortunately, those shoes and all the running I was doing took their toll on my flat feet and ultimately ended my running career.

I still work out, but do more weight training so I'm not as light. I also have a history of ankle problems, so I'm ultimately trying to combine the ankle protection with my flat feet. I'm basically trying to preserve my joints so I can keep enjoying skating in the long run.

I'm deciding between trying out sk8 hi pro's, the new Adidas Pro Model's, CTAS hi's, One Star miss, dunk hi's, or just buying Fila's cheap and putting Footprint Insoles in them. I'd consider flat out buying basketball shoes and just skating them. I did see that dunk hi's now have a new cushioned insole.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »
Ortholite insole on a lunarlon midsole has been my favorite combo - Nike's Project BA, P-Rod 7, etc.

Mick

• Rep: 25
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
Anything but the Ultracush. I'd rather skate with no insole than skate that no board feel of an insole.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »
Ive skated all 3, so heres my 2 cents

Ultracush is barely any better than the orange gel supra insoles from a few years ago before their quality dropped. Decent cushioning but really nothing spectacular. Honestly the ultracush insole seems too stiff for my liking, the supra ones were probably better. Its not a terrible cushioning system but its definitely not super advanced or anything. You can get similar gel insoles at walmart for $10

Lunarlon as a drop-in midsole/insole like in the kostons or chuck taylors, is super comfy at first but packs out after a while. However, when used as a full-on lunarlon midsole + ortholite combo like in the Project BA's or P.Rod 7's, its as good as any cushioning system regularly used in skateboarding, and the foam doesn't pack out because its obviously much thicker and more dense.

I'm also a big fan of the huge drop-in adiprene midsole in the Sucui's. It has that gummy, reboundy feel to it without being unstable, and when broken in it flexes great for feeling out your board. Doesn't seem to really pack out or lose its cushioning too much over time either.Excellent combination of stepping comfort, boardfeel and impact support. I know a lot of people didnt like the cat's paw texture on the top of the insole but I liked it. It's neck & neck with the lunarlon+ortholite combo IMO

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
Nike Zoom Air is superior. Air in the heel so you can slam but good boardfeel upfront.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 11:20:56 AM »
Nike Zoom Air is superior. Air in the heel so you can slam but good boardfeel upfront.

I usually don't rock with Tracer, but he has a point. Does anyone remember the Nike SB E-Cue model? The entire bottom of the insole was a giant one-piece Zoom Air unit. I bet if you combined that with the Lunarlon midsole that they used in the Project BA Nikes, you'd have the world's most shock absorbent skate shoe.

For the record, I think Nike really messed up with discontinuing the Lunar Gato and the Project BA. I think they cut their own throats by making the MSRP as high as they did, and I bet they would have raked in cash for the company had they had an asking price that was $25 cheaper...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I usually don't rock with Tracer, but he has a point. Does anyone remember the Nike SB E-Cue model? The entire bottom of the insole was a giant one-piece Zoom Air unit. I bet if you combined that with the Lunarlon midsole that they used in the Project BA Nikes, you'd have the world's most shock absorbent skate shoe.

For the record, I think Nike really messed up with discontinuing the Lunar Gato and the Project BA. I think they cut their own throats by making the MSRP as high as they did, and I bet they would have raked in cash for the company had they had an asking price that was $25 cheaper...
Had three pairs and still have a pair box fresh. They were so good and I'm not usually a Nike guy SB or otherwise

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
FP Game Changers for me. I had Nike Oneshots a couple years ago. They felt good until a month or two later, felt like the Lunarlon was gone and I was wearing flip flops.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 01:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The e-cues were the third or fourth pair that Nike sent me samples to test back when I was field testing for them. They were so cushiony in the sole, it was great. I literally could bounce up and down on the balls of my feet in those things.

Mick

• Rep: 25
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »

This. The All Court CK was my favorite skate shoe by far. Comfort, durability, board feel.

rocket flips

• Rep: 1
  • pizza di pasta
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »
a peice of cardboard shoved into your shoe

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
FP Game Changers

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 04:58:22 PM »
FP Game Changers
I'm sure they're good but how often do you buy them? They are nearly $50, and my feet stink so I can't re use them.

If you need to spend more on your (already expensive) shoes maybe they're not worth buying?

Foam is foam, Nike had a good system with Zoom Air.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
FP Game Changers
[close]
I'm sure they're good but how often do you buy them? They are nearly $50, and my feet stink so I can't re use them.

If you need to spend more on your (already expensive) shoes maybe they're not worth buying?

That's pretty much what's dragging me away from the $45 investment. I could only wear each pair of insoles with one pair of shoes since I'd never want to put them back in the oven. I'd have to put them in something that's cheap and lasts forever like Air Force 1's.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
FP Game Changers
[close]

[close]

That's pretty much what's dragging me away from the $45 investment. I could only wear each pair of insoles with one pair of shoes since I'd never want to put them back in the oven. I'd have to put them in something that's cheap and lasts forever like Air Force 1's.

Footprint insoles are legit the custom orthotics have memory foam in the arch to help keep your entire body in alignment which in turn prevents not only heel bruises but ankle, knee, & back injuries as well due to over-pronation or supination depending on your arch shape. I'm noticeably a lot less sore overall compared to skating most other insoles. I actually prefer to use them in dunks over the stock zoom insoles because while the Zoom airbag is obviously tried and true, the rest of those insoles are basic as hell. FP insoles with the extra impact patch on the heel are much better than the stock insoles. Dunk mids with some FP custom orthotics are like the perfect gap shoe.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
FP Game Changers
[close]

Such is the way with 75% of all skate shoes? Seriously, the stock insoles SUCK, it's like bushings. Some of us actually need arch support which most sk8 shoes do not provide.
[close]

That's pretty much what's dragging me away from the $45 investment. I could only wear each pair of insoles with one pair of shoes since
I'd never want to put them back in the oven. I'd have to put them in something that's cheap and lasts forever like Air Force 1's.

Why do you have to put them back in the oven, shoe to shoe? I swap them out all the time and have only cooked them twice (once new and once again 6mo later with no ill effects.)

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Had three pairs and still have a pair box fresh. They were so good and I'm not usually a Nike guy SB or otherwise

I'm right there with you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:11:56 AM by Matthew_James »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.