Author Topic: OG Nike sb Dunks  (Read 5276 times)

Blackholebacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
OG Nike sb Dunks
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:01:04 AM »
so i've seen these dunks that have been coming out recently, the Ishod Wair model, the Elites, the Decons. but i've noticed its becoming increasingly more difficult to find the og puffy tongue dunks. i've always wanted to try dunks, but just never got around to it, and these other models seem to be a bit thin for my tastes. Anyone have any info on where to find some OG nike sb dunks?

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
Re: OG Nike sb Dunks
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:16:55 AM »
eBay or flight club

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:29 AM »
Check the Nike Outlets if you have one nearby. Old Dunks pop up once in a while.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
ebay has a lot. dunks arent that popular anymore so you can get some really nice old colorways for not much money. i see shit that used to go for like $200-300 for $40 almost new

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »
Blackhole,

Are you looking to skate the dunks? I would advise against it--although you are more than welcome to try. I think the board feel is about the worst on the dunks than any other shoe I have ever skated and I skated DC Syntax for years. The soles are so hard and thick that it feels like your feet are straddling the concave. When I switched to Vans Pros I was like, wow so this is board feel. I will say that the dunks will last forever and I think the padding is like a memory foam, so your feel will not wiggle inside. Rolling your ankle for tricks is a challenge. Obviously, a good looking shoes though...

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »
Blackhole,

Are you looking to skate the dunks? I would advise against it--although you are more than welcome to try. I think the board feel is about the worst on the dunks than any other shoe I have ever skated and I skated DC Syntax for years. The soles are so hard and thick that it feels like your feet are straddling the concave. When I switched to Vans Pros I was like, wow so this is board feel. I will say that the dunks will last forever and I think the padding is like a memory foam, so your feel will not wiggle inside. Rolling your ankle for tricks is a challenge. Obviously, a good looking shoes though...

I really like dunks once they're broken in. The soles last forever which is great for me because I really burn through them. Have had canvas vans burn through the sole faster than the canvas ripped. Yeah boardfeel could be better but it's fine.

I haven't tried the newer dunks with the new sole though. I think those have more boardfeel

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 128
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Blackhole,

[close]

I really like dunks once they're broken in. The soles last forever which is great for me because I really burn through them. Have had canvas vans burn through the sole faster than the canvas ripped. Yeah boardfeel could be better but it's fine.

I haven't tried the newer dunks with the new sole though. I think those have more boardfeel

The newer dunks/soles are cool. I dig the boardfeel once broken in. Quality cupsole.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 04:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Blackhole,

[close]

[close]

The newer dunks/soles are cool. I dig the boardfeel once broken in. Quality cupsole.

Well that’s like your opinion man

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
You can still find them. My local shop, Comfort, still carries them and when I search online I find them. I'm rocking SB Dunk High Pro's right now and Dunk Low's are still widely available. I'm not sure how much they have changed in the last 16 years since this is somehow my first pair. I know they use a different insole now, the zoom air. Hopefully they will start producing the mid again on a regular basis. I know they did the LM. Maybe the response to that will get them to start producing other colorways.

I don't think that LM mid was a one time deal there are prob more mids coming.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
What size you wear? I got a couple pairs I’m willing to let go of.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 08:01:31 AM »
so i've seen these dunks that have been coming out recently, the Ishod Wair model, the Elites, the Decons. but i've noticed its becoming increasingly more difficult to find the og puffy tongue dunks. i've always wanted to try dunks, but just never got around to it, and these other models seem to be a bit thin for my tastes. Anyone have any info on where to find some OG nike sb dunks?

Hey sorry to reply to a super old comment but if you want a new puffy dunk, I think the ones labeled TRD are just that. There are two general release colorways still available now from last year. Cheers.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 12:33:30 PM »
farmersonly.com

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
All the newest dunk low releases are puffy tongue, puffy ankle collar.
They were calling them trd but now it's just dunk low pro.\
The only noteable difference in the newest generation of dunks and the original releases is the actual sole.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 08:29:28 AM »
All the newest dunk low releases are puffy tongue, puffy ankle collar.
They were calling them trd but now it's just dunk low pro.\
The only noteable difference in the newest generation of dunks and the original releases is the actual sole.

Sick. My TRD's just came in and they are amazing. Even puffier than I expected. If all the new dunk lows are like this that is awesome.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 10:25:58 AM »
The Orange Label Nike SB's look tight...

https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding/orange-label

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 03:32:51 AM »
i like how "only available in skateshops" is being pushed like it's a great thing on nikes behalf.

kind of interested in how they are though, lotta people been saying for years sb should just put out staple colourways every season. is the pricing gonna be the same as regular sb dunk lows because fuck £74.95 for a pair of skate shoes.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 06:39:41 AM »
i like how "only available in skateshops" is being pushed like it's a great thing on nikes behalf.

kind of interested in how they are though, lotta people been saying for years sb should just put out staple colourways every season. is the pricing gonna be the same as regular sb dunk lows because fuck £74.95 for a pair of skate shoes.
I would assume they are going to be regularly priced. I also wish they would just have a gr tier that was 10-15 dollars cheaper then the different colorways they release. You can always buy a pair of cortez's in three stock colors, the same goes with air force 1s. I dont know why its so crazy to just have the same for dunks.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 08:20:01 AM »
thing is didnt it used to somewhat be like that, i remember a few years back (ok maybe 2012/2013ish?) run of the mill general release dunk lows would be about £55 and half the time they'd end up on sale from not selling.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 08:35:19 PM »
I found some old T19's dunk high's at my moms house in the garage tucked away in a random box. Ill part ways with it if anyone wants it. I don't believe I skated them. I'll post pics when i go back this weekend if anyone is interested?

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:14 PM »
The ones you posted are so tight.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »
I have a pair of both the Low and High Elites. I like them, seems like not many other people did though as they only lasted a season or two.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 07:34:50 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, this just seemed like the most appropriate one for this link.

A Complete History of Nike SB Dunks

https://www.nicekicks.com/nike-sb-dunk-history/

This link is better than the vault page Nike made a few weeks ago. Very comprehensive. I'm sure there is still a bit missing.

I'm pretty happy with where the Dunk Low is now. They are putting just the right amount of padding in the tongue and ankle collar (way more than a couple years ago but not over the top). The toe box shape is on point right now as well. I  just hope they keep pushing calm colorways and gum soles. They could really chill with the out-of-control hypebeast colorways that few want anyway.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:43:22 AM by cricketclub »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »
I found some old T19's dunk high's at my moms house in the garage tucked away in a random box. Ill part ways with it if anyone wants it. I don't believe I skated them. I'll post pics when i go back this weekend if anyone is interested?
size?

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 01:35:31 PM »
I love the way that the Dunks look, but they have poor traction. And they take too long to break in. But if this wasn’t an issue it would be my go to skate shoe based on aesthetic.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
I love the way that the Dunks look, but they have poor traction. And they take too long to break in. But if this wasn’t an issue it would be my go to skate shoe based on aesthetic.

Huh? I love the traction. Gum sole has more than any other color I believe. When was the last time you got a pair? They did update to the traction in 2011. Personally I really like the circular traction with a pivot point because it helps me set up for tricks with less effort.

Break in time is just normal cupsole break in. I typically try to wear my dunks around as chillers before I skate them.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 05:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Blackhole,

[close]

[close]

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
Dunks are the best!
yes