Author Topic: Jeff Grosso | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 85  (Read 15284 times)

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

Re: Jeff Grosso | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 85
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 03:23:07 AM »
He's constantly winding up to make some profound statement that never materialises. Conversational cul de sacs. Over hamming the passion to create the illusion of...passion. With a few straight up lies thrown in for dramatic effect.

metsuri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 03:25:01 AM »
How are you guys posting instagram videos?  Here is one of the contest on acid where he mentions the stickers on the deck.

I remember this from old the Vision (?) vert contest videos I used to watch when I first started skating in 1988. Little did I know he was on shrooms. Or had any idea of the shit they were doing. I thought they just skated all day every day.

I loved this episode. Grosso's awesome but I guess I am a part of his old man army.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 08:03:40 AM »
Entertaining episode overall, his party stories were a little random sometimes, it’s crazy he is still around after not accomplishing much in skateboarding, but I guess he never really stopped skating which is what he was trying to get across maybe. Or maybe it was the vans hook up. He has great style in a bowl though.

Funny fan boy getting on antihero story. too much unveiling of the 18 curtain lately - talking on behalf of Julian and another tnt story

I liked what he said about a minute roll to the corner store can really change your perspective.

He seems like he doesn’t think very highly of women.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 08:20:20 AM »
He seems like he doesn’t think very highly of women.

I think he's still a little burnt from his divorce,but can see what you're saying in reference to his stories. The nair shampoo story was brutal! Haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
I scanned through it to see if there were any stories I might be interested in - caught the one about Jessica from Arizona, the girl Gator murdered. I remember visiting Tucson several years ago and Starr skates had shop boards with a Gator themed graphic - some of the elder locals who were around back in the day and knew Jessica were really bummed the shop would do that graphic... rightly so.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
How are you guys posting instagram videos?  Here is one of the contest on acid where he mentions the stickers on the deck.

Fuck yeah, skating to Wire.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
He's constantly winding up to make some profound statement that never materialises. Conversational cul de sacs. Over hamming the passion to create the illusion of...passion. With a few straight up lies thrown in for dramatic effect.

We get it. You don't like Grosso.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »
Does he ever paint his nails black other than this? Have seen some loveletters but never noticed.

he needed a reason to put his punkpaint on, making a statement!
Grosso rules, I love skateboardings weirdos.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 05:59:23 PM »
I really liked that, but I already knew I would.
Don't agree with everything he says but we defs need characters like him

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think he made any overstatement here.  Pretty adept observation.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
Pretty surprised that Nike was having talks with him ... oh wait, this was probably when Nike was spewing the whole, "we only sponsor underground rippers/ only sell to core skateshops" propaganda that so many of us ate up.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2018, 04:39:47 AM »
i watched it, took me a bit. it was entertaining enough as an episode but party because of the pretty high cringe factor. reminded me a bit of markovich episode. he kind of eluded to it a bit himself but the episode made me feel more bad for him than anything else. only a few more years pushing, then what?

also really surprised people aren't tripping out more about the nair incident. that's a pretty savage, awful thing to do to a person in the first place but then to be joking about it in that way at his age is honestly pretty shocking.

shark tits

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2018, 04:54:11 AM »
i watched it, took me a bit. it was entertaining enough as an episode but party because of the pretty high cringe factor. reminded me a bit of markovich episode. he kind of eluded to it a bit himself but the episode made me feel more bad for him than anything else. only a few more years pushing, then what?

also really surprised people aren't tripping out more about the nair incident. that's a pretty savage, awful thing to do to a person in the first place but then to be joking about it in that way at his age is honestly pretty shocking.
i'm sure on the bad behavior continuum, that is pretty minor.
 there's stories he's not telling.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Astute!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2018, 06:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i'm sure on the bad behavior continuum, that is pretty minor.
 there's stories he's not telling.
Yea,I'm sure theres more fucked up situations too. My coworker is an ex tweeker and has all sorts of fucked stories,some he rather not tell even though most are like episodes of Breaking Bad. People do dumb shit on a drug.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

KingKook

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2018, 06:12:09 AM »
My excitement for this episode went sour pretty quick. Grosso seems depressed and honestly thought he was on some shit.
It reminded me of watching a Charlie Murphy stand up few years back.
 The first half he was all coked up and full of goodtimes. Once it started wearing off as the show went on he slides into depressive self loathing and fishing for compliments.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
I used to think like the other two nay-sayers in here, but watching loveletters helped me understand Grosso and why he is upset.

There really needs to be a podcast that isn't worried about "the kids" and "sponsors" that could really delve into people's seedier side. Hosts that don't stop their guests when they are mid-story, or hide their beers from the camera shot. There were lots of stories not told, he held back. Plus, the hosts are all nerds, if you took skating away from them they'd be frail shells of humans. Grosso (at least) has interesting stories/views, the NineClub needs more sucker ass guests like Nyjah and Erik Bragg Episode 2, while we need a revolutionary skate-podcast that can accurately captivate the real tales of Grosso, Dill, Olson, etc...

I wanna hear where Wenning copped, the details of the best and worst nights he's ever had with drugs, I wanna know what the cells that Antwuan lived in looked like, I wanna hear why Josh Swindell smoked that dude. We ain't never gonna get that if it's produced by Vans or Vanilla Roger, and I don't give a fuck about sound quality or HD cameras. Shetler interviewed MJ over skype and he still blew it, but I still listened! It's high time someone brought the heat from the streets.
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2018, 07:13:00 AM »
Haha! Yeah - weak pussys like Chris Roberts ruining the interviews for everyone! Those poor repressed professional skateboarders. They just wanna be real and tell it how it is but Chris wont let em!

You thick Cunt!

I used to think like the other two nay-sayers in here, but watching loveletters helped me understand Grosso and why he is upset.

There really needs to be a podcast that isn't worried about "the kids" and "sponsors" that could really delve into people's seedier side. Hosts that don't stop their guests when they are mid-story, or hide their beers from the camera shot. There were lots of stories not told, he held back. Plus, the hosts are all nerds, if you took skating away from them they'd be frail shells of humans. Grosso (at least) has interesting stories/views, the NineClub needs more sucker ass guests like Nyjah and Erik Bragg Episode 2, while we need a revolutionary skate-podcast that can accurately captivate the real tales of Grosso, Dill, Olson, etc...

I wanna hear where Wenning copped, the details of the best and worst nights he's ever had with drugs, I wanna know what the cells that Antwuan lived in looked like, I wanna hear why Josh Swindell smoked that dude. We ain't never gonna get that if it's produced by Vans or Vanilla Roger, and I don't give a fuck about sound quality or HD cameras. Shetler interviewed MJ over skype and he still blew it, but I still listened! It's high time someone brought the heat from the streets.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »

Listen to The Bunt. They've had Wenning describe Joe Arpao's "Tent City" in detail, Chima openly calling out Chase Webb and Nyjah for being potential rapists and yesterday James Hardy talked about how much of a piece of shit Heath Kirchart was to him.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2018, 07:38:58 AM »
bunt is the rawest by far, heath callout was momentus

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2018, 07:40:06 AM »
I bet that was a tough episode to edit

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2018, 07:55:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Listen to The Bunt. They've had Wenning describe Joe Arpao's "Tent City" in detail, Chima openly calling out Chase Webb and Nyjah for being potential rapists and yesterday James Hardy talked about how much of a piece of shit Heath Kirchart was to him.

I will take your suggestion! I think you're the dude who told me to listen to loveletters! I do listen a little bit to the bunt, they do a sorta good job with the edge but I'm racist against Canadians. They're culture vultures. All I hear is Pepsi's on the mic trying to sound like Cokes. Its pathetic and their fraudulence comes out almost as poorly as Kelly's while Grosso is talking about cocaine.

I know a lot of you guys are lace curtain motherfuckers whose parents still send them Birthday money but just imagine i'm not talking to you because you could never feel what im saying. I need a Taxstone-style skate podcast.
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I will take your suggestion! I think you're the dude who told me to listen to loveletters! I do listen a little bit to the bunt, they do a sorta good job with the edge but I'm racist against Canadians. They're culture vultures. All I hear is Pepsi's on the mic trying to sound like Cokes. Its pathetic and their fraudulence comes out almost as poorly as Kelly's while Grosso is talking about cocaine.

I know a lot of you guys are lace curtain motherfuckers whose parents still send them Birthday money but just imagine i'm not talking to you because you could never feel what im saying. I need a Taxstone-style skate podcast.

Sounds like what you really want is to smoke some crack with an old pro skater and then talk about how cool smoking crack was. If you want an all negative shit talk podcast, why don't you try and start one and see how successful you are? It must be so hard having to listen to these absolutely shit attempts at interviews when you're such an advanced intellectual who needs to know what the shit stains on Grosso's underwear looked like after a drug binge. I'm sure there's a podcast out there for complete fuck ups who wanna hear other people talk about being complete fuck ups - don't lose hope.

I don't care for Grosso at all, but in general, I think the Nine Club is killing it - and the amount of people watching it kinda shows that they don't need to be talking about the length of Antwuan's foreskin to get views. Keep those fingers crossed though man, I'm sure Chris and Rog scour the boards looking for your expert advice. ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:18:40 AM by Budgie Lasek »

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2018, 09:17:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds like what you really want is to smoke some crack with an old pro skater and then talk about how cool smoking crack was. If you want an all negative shit talk podcast, why don't you try and start one and see how successful you are? It must be so hard having to listen to these absolutely shit attempts at interviews when you're such an advanced intellectual who needs to know what the shit stains on Grosso's underwear looked like after a drug binge. I'm sure there's a podcast out there for complete fuck ups who wanna hear other people talk about being complete fuck ups - don't lose hope.

I don't care for Grosso at all, but in general, I think the Nine Club is killing it - and the amount of people watching it kinda shows that they don't need to be talking about the length of Antwuan's foreskin to get views. Keep those fingers crossed though man, I'm sure Chris and Rog scour the boards looking for your expert advice. ;D

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »

Would you help me start a shit talk podcast? I don't work in that field, i'd love to try it. You worked really hard right there little guy. why do you care so much about how I feel? Why can't I talk bad about your heroes when you clearly have no problem fulfilling your lifelong agenda against grosso?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2018, 09:38:35 AM »
and secondly you should learn to appreciate the darkness so the light is much more vivid.
Life is not good, motherfuckers are getting fucked over, used, and abused, and you wanna talk about a switch-flip-switch manny for the 93rd episode? Get the fuck outta here. I never smoked crack.

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:58 AM »

In the time it took you to think and write all that, you could have probably started your own podcast.

Let me know when you do start it, I wanna hear those stories too.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »
I made this for fun.

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2018, 11:42:20 AM »
someone please make a complication of all of Kelly's little "WHAAA?!" reaction clips

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
bravo watson, bravo... i fart in your general direction fine sir