Author Topic: thesecrettape Buyer's Remorse  (Read 12787 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: thesecrettape Buyer's Remorse
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2018, 01:34:38 AM »
Stoked to find out thesecrettape is iwshilvdnfinland. I haven’t posted here regularly in years so I’ve been out of the loop. I’d love a copy of In Search of The Miraculous if you ever come across one. I’d probably trade all of my sealed copies of the I-Path promo for that one
Hmm…got one with a personalised illustration from Pontus on the cover. Dare I part with it?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2018, 05:42:27 AM »
Expand Quote
thesecrettape is tight, but he definitely overcharges sometimes. I remember he was charging over 20 bucks for a video I bought a week prior for literally two dollars brand new. I think what he does is awesome for the culture and I understand he's running a business, but there's definitely a handful of questionable prices on there.
[close]

use the code BUYERSREMORSE for 10% off
it'll be up through the weekend.

lmao, I didn't realize secrettape was you. Like I said, there's been a couple prices that have made me raise my brow, but ultimately my love for tangible skate media makes me a fan of what you do. Once my income is slightly more expendible you'll surely be seeing me on your site more. I was inches away from ordering Mindfield from you until a homie straight up gave me his copy.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2018, 06:15:00 AM »
Suit and Lance - PM'd you guys.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2018, 07:12:29 AM »
Finland, if you can find a video title HCV1 released in Australia in the late 90's I'd be interested. It was released by Hardcore Distrubution when they were involved in starting Globe so it's essentially the "first" Globe video.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2018, 07:19:18 AM »
Wait'll you hear his opinions on Alien Workshop
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Yu Dum

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2018, 07:20:39 AM »
Damn. Had no idea Finland was the secret tape.

I have a copy of Mindfield with the case that has the photo booklet if anyone wants it. Best offer in my PM.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »
Hmm…got one with a personalised illustration from Pontus on the cover. Dare I part with it?
Me too. I'd never give that up, it is a prized possession.

casper

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »
Is the very first real video worth anything? It’s the only vhs I have left.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1201
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2018, 08:43:59 AM »
there used to be a guy under the monker of Unicron that would sell old skate videos... but since then, there's really only secrettape... so, unless someone else starts up their own 'shop', then it's all we've got. 

hardly art, hardly starving

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
there used to be a guy under the monker of Unicron that would sell old skate videos... but since then, there's really only secrettape... so, unless someone else starts up their own 'shop', then it's all we've got.

Unicron was awesome.  He wouldn't have the newest videos, but old and random crew/shop videos for so cheap.  He'd always throw in extra stuff too. 

For the OP posting about secret tapes- Something my dad told me when I was a kid nerding out on how much my baseball cards were worth according to the latest price guide, "Something is only worth what someone will pay you for it."  That's how sites like EBay started.  You could have some rare AWS deck or something, and I'd give you what the deck cost new, but if you found some AWS collector who really needed that particular deck to finish a series or something, they's pay substantially more.   

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:54 AM »
Damn Dizzy is worth way more than I would have ever imagined. Did it come with a krooked deck or something? I can't for the life of me remember how I even got that video.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
Damn Dizzy is worth way more than I would have ever imagined. Did it come with a krooked deck or something? I can't for the life of me remember how I even got that video.

Speaking of Unicron, that's how I got my copy of Dizzy. I believe he wasn't even selling it, but I offered him money and he obliged. Unicron was great, always hooked it up with the extras.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
i have the first strange notes vhs, it makes for a great coaster.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unicron was awesome.  He wouldn't have the newest videos, but old and random crew/shop videos for so cheap.  He'd always throw in extra stuff too. 

For the OP posting about secret tapes- Something my dad told me when I was a kid nerding out on how much my baseball cards were worth according to the latest price guide, "Something is only worth what someone will pay you for it."  That's how sites like EBay started.  You could have some rare AWS deck or something, and I'd give you what the deck cost new, but if you found some AWS collector who really needed that particular deck to finish a series or something, they's pay substantially more.   
Old stinky skate shoes go on the telephone lines for me but some sneaker sniffing freaks will pay good money for your foot odour. Trash/treasure, and if you're the only one in the market you set the prices.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »
For the history: Unicron was started by Michael Stanfield around 2003 - maker of the video “Amateur” and “Filmbot Files” and later became a skate photographer. He sold the business to Kevin Marks in 2007ish and it folded in 2011. Kevin does The Lookback Library now - if you haven’t heard of it, check it out.

A lot of my disposable income went to Unicron.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2018, 10:02:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Old stinky skate shoes go on the telephone lines for me but some sneaker sniffing freaks will pay good money for your foot odour. Trash/treasure, and if you're the only one in the market you set the prices.

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/07/08/tyler-a-skate-shoe-fetishist-wants-your-old-dirty-socks/

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2018, 10:26:15 AM »
For the history: Unicron was started by Michael Stanfield around 2003 - maker of the video “Amateur” and “Filmbot Files” and later became a skate photographer. He sold the business to Kevin Marks in 2007ish and it folded in 2011. Kevin does The Lookback Library now - if you haven’t heard of it, check it out.

Likewise.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
The Secret Tape/Finland rips on a skateboard,and is an Indiana Jones for skate videos in a way. Fuck wit it.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
my first online purchase ever was a Really Sorry DVD from Unicron.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2018, 11:03:40 AM »
Dude you could have made the thread and just said you’re an idiot.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
[close]

Holy shit, I'd frequent Unicron when I first started up my collection. 1/4 of my skate dvd collection came from there. I always wondered what the hell happened to that site. The last days of it had everything going for cheap but I was surely sad to see it go.

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
have bought a few things from secret tape pre website, always a pleasure

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2018, 12:16:44 PM »
i bought tony hawks trick tips video from the secret tape but still cant ollie

so i blame you the secret tape. B U Y E R S R E M O R S E
does my user name check out

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
[close]
[close]

Holy shit, I'd frequent Unicron when I first started up my collection. 1/4 of my skate dvd collection came from there. I always wondered what the hell happened to that site. The last days of it had everything going for cheap but I was surely sad to see it go.

I still have my copy of Amateur.

I spent so much on Unicron. Bought the 2nd Lordz Wheels DVD from them.

I remember the last purchase I made from them being around 2011 before the pulled the plug and they threw in a free copy of he Famous Stars & Straps DVD and a whole bunch of Osiris stickers.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
i just watched it for free

you got gotted my dude.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
 Unicron was dope. Hope that guy is still involved somewhere. Used to harass him a lot

Have gotten a few from the secret tape as well. Showed up super fast in the mail too. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
[close]
[close]

[close]

I remember the last purchase I made from them being around 2011 before the pulled the plug and they threw in a free copy of he Famous Stars & Straps DVD and a whole bunch of Osiris stickers.

Hey- Unicron was cool.  We're not here to talk shit on the dude.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I definitely was not throwing any...shade. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Mike a few times and he’s as solid as they come. I actually watch that Famous DVD from time to time and gave the stickers to some kids who appreciated them. Plus, if it’s free, it’s for me, I’ll take 3.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
Don't be mad at The Secret Tape, be mad at the nigga negotiating yo' deals, who is you, and let it be known that you suck at negotiating.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Likewise.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I definitely was not throwing any...shade. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Mike a few times and he’s as solid as they come. I actually watch that Famous DVD from time to time and gave the stickers to some kids who appreciated them. Plus, if it’s free, it’s for me, I’ll take 3.

No, just joking.  Dude was always cool and down to throw in extras.  Famous Stars vid and Osiris stickers were just funny to me for some reason.