Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 128145 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
These seem like they would skate really well! There’s a low top version as well, but has way more mesh on it. :/ Converse Rivalry

I have these in this color and they feel comfortable. Hoping  they hold up to skating. I’ll try to skate them soon and provide updates if anyone is interested.
Also, normal fastbreaks (non CONS) in all suede (if you can find them) seem to be another good option.

[close]

Get back to us! I've seen the Rival low/mid around and always been curious. It's supposed to be an updated Fastbreak.

Didn't know that but I definitely see similarities between those two models!  have a pair of fastbreaks so I'll take a look at the two later and compare for fun.

When I do skate these, I will post some before and after pics alongside my thoughts.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2020, 02:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Not really feeling that Rival shoe but like that it has the thicker chevron on it. Awhile back Converse changed all of the chevrons on the logo to be skinnier at the point than they are at the ends. Definitely don't think it looks as good.

Got a pair of these Pro Leathers from the Converse site last week, and love them but definitely think they would look better with the OG chevron:

[close]

Good point.
Pro leathers are dope and I should get some. Skate very well.

Be careful of these ones though, the rubber on the sole of these specific ones is harder than I expected. I actually ordered them as chillers, but tried to order them through my shop for cost and was gonna get a second pair to skate. Ended up paying full price for them and I'm glad I didn't get two because the rubber feels harder than I would like for skating. All the other Pro Leathers I've had before have been really soft and flexible.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2020, 02:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not really feeling that Rival shoe but like that it has the thicker chevron on it. Awhile back Converse changed all of the chevrons on the logo to be skinnier at the point than they are at the ends. Definitely don't think it looks as good.

Got a pair of these Pro Leathers from the Converse site last week, and love them but definitely think they would look better with the OG chevron:

[close]

Good point.
[close]

Be careful of these ones though, the rubber on the sole of these specific ones is harder than I expected. I actually ordered them as chillers, but tried to order them through my shop for cost and was gonna get a second pair to skate. Ended up paying full price for them and I'm glad I didn't get two because the rubber feels harder than I would like for skating. All the other Pro Leathers I've had before have been really soft and flexible.
Just poked around the Converse site out of curiosity and noticed these Pro Leathers look... off. No lunarlon and the toe box shape looks different to me. Maybe they changed the rubber compound and materials in the upper?

My personal favorite Pro Leather was the '76 version with Lunarlon insoles or the CONS Skate Pro Leathers. Wish they didn't discontinue those.
Super Champion Fun Zone

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #423 on: May 05, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
I ve been skating two non skate shoes lately. The reebok classic, which I hate, I cannot feel anything and have so much trouble doing flip tricks with them. The other is one the best shoes I ve ever skated, the adidas Gazelle. Love them, I am probably going to skate used one from now on
check my music

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:31 AM »
I ve been skating two non skate shoes lately. The reebok classic, which I hate, I cannot feel anything and have so much trouble doing flip tricks with them. The other is one the best shoes I ve ever skated, the adidas Gazelle. Love them, I am probably going to skate used one from now on

Which Reebok Classic? the classic leather?

The B&W gazelle is probably my favourite "beater". Swap the black lace for some wider white ones and it just looks great with anything. Love my pair but I actually never skated them. Maybe I'll get a pair to shred on the board one day.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2020, 12:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Good point.
[close]

[close]
Just poked around the Converse site out of curiosity and noticed these Pro Leathers look... off. No lunarlon and the toe box shape looks different to me. Maybe they changed the rubber compound and materials in the upper?

No Converse have Lunarlon anymore, but this shoe is super old so never would have had Lunarlon in in back in the day anyway. There were lots of versions of the Pro Leather in the skate line that weren't true to the original. The shape on this one is pretty true to the ones I wore in the 90s. I think they're supposed to be premium so maybe that's why the leather and rubber is different? They're pretty stiff. Would be the best shoes ever if they were nice and soft like Reeboks.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
Just saw these and they look amazing to skate! A lot of colorways are great too.

https://www.nike.com/pt/t/sapatilhas-de-futsal-premier-2-sala-ic-ZT5vvm/AV3153-018

these are awesome, if only because of the lunarlon midsole...always better to have the shoe itself do the work instead of an insole. 

hardly art, hardly starving

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2020, 04:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Which Reebok Classic? the classic leather?

The B&W gazelle is probably my favourite "beater". Swap the black lace for some wider white ones and it just looks great with anything. Love my pair but I actually never skated them. Maybe I'll get a pair to shred on the board one day.

don't know the name so I took a picture
check my music

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #428 on: May 06, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »
club c
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #429 on: May 06, 2020, 06:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Just saw these and they look amazing to skate! A lot of colorways are great too.

https://www.nike.com/pt/t/sapatilhas-de-futsal-premier-2-sala-ic-ZT5vvm/AV3153-018

[close]

these are awesome, if only because of the lunarlon midsole...always better to have the shoe itself do the work instead of an insole.

How do they feel to skate? And does that toe / flick area last? They are like 70 quid on the Nike site but they look amazing
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #430 on: May 06, 2020, 07:19:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How do they feel to skate? And does that toe / flick area last? They are like 70 quid on the Nike site but they look amazing

I have no clue but I guess they should be decent. Its a full suede toe with no stitched panels, so I guess it lasts well. Probably no re-enforcement on the inside but should feel fairly similar to the Gato Sb and other similar indoor shoes.

Did you try to look on other websites? They probably are even cheaper somewhere else. 
Just an example: https://www.goalinn.com/#fq=-id_tienda%3A16&fq=-id_tienda%3A11&search=premier+AND+ii+AND+ic&sort=score+desc,order_rec+asc,product(tm11,dispo)+asc&start=0

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: May 06, 2020, 12:06:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Good point.
[close]

[close]
[close]

No Converse have Lunarlon anymore, but this shoe is super old so never would have had Lunarlon in in back in the day anyway. There were lots of versions of the Pro Leather in the skate line that weren't true to the original. The shape on this one is pretty true to the ones I wore in the 90s. I think they're supposed to be premium so maybe that's why the leather and rubber is different? They're pretty stiff. Would be the best shoes ever if they were nice and soft like Reeboks.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see the lunarlon disappear from all models. Personally, one of the better stock insoles for sneakers that I came across.
Im sure the em had different runs of the shoe since it came out.
The ones I am referring to were likely a version of the ‘76 shape/mold but with lunarlon insoles. Here’s a pic for reference:
I think they modeled the skate version off of these?
Super Champion Fun Zone

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #432 on: May 06, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have no clue but I guess they should be decent. Its a full suede toe with no stitched panels, so I guess it lasts well. Probably no re-enforcement on the inside but should feel fairly similar to the Gato Sb and other similar indoor shoes.

Did you try to look on other websites? They probably are even cheaper somewhere else. 
Just an example: https://www.goalinn.com/#fq=-id_tienda%3A16&fq=-id_tienda%3A11&search=premier+AND+ii+AND+ic&sort=score+desc,order_rec+asc,product(tm11,dispo)+asc&start=0

these look so sick. anyone wanna guinea pig a pair? please? haha
:) I must have been tripping last night

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2020, 12:33:06 PM »

i had those red/white dennis busenitz skate gazelles Adidas Skateboarding put out early on when it was just Gonz, Tim O'Connor, and Busenitz. They were my favorite shoes i had as a kid.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2020, 12:40:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had those red/white dennis busenitz skate gazelles Adidas Skateboarding put out early on when it was just Gonz, Tim O'Connor, and Busenitz. They were my favorite shoes i had as a kid.

good shit. i thought they came out in 2008 but turns out it was summer 2007

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Had several pairs. Loved them as well. Went bald real fast and I’ve never been one to use mob, nor put out cigs

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2020, 01:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Had several pairs. Loved them as well. Went bald real fast and I’ve never been one to use mob, nor put out cigs

The outsole is super shallow on Gazelles, that's the main reason I dont skate them, because I feel like I will start sliding on top of the board in 2 sessions. The gazelle super x alltimers had the 3mc outsole which is much better.

I thought about skating my pair but those things run so tight, and I usually like tight shoes, need to find a way to stretch them out.
I also have the blue pair which was pretty limited but they fell even tighter, its crazy, I cant even wear them.
Both on my normal size.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FROTHY

« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2020, 01:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have these in a different color and they are great.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2020, 02:38:44 PM »
do they fit true to size? been seeing a lot of reviews saying to buy a size up

FROTHY

« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2020, 02:57:04 PM »

I got the same size in the SB Gatos and another pair of nike running shoes I have, so I guess I'd just buy the same size as any other nikes you may have. From my experience, nikes generally run about a half size small compared to some other brands though.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »
maybe it's just this particular model

https://www.amazon.com/Nike-Premier-AO9376010-Color-Black/dp/B07DCD79H3/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Nike%2BPremier%2BII&qid=1588802679&sr=8-2&th=1

multiple reviews stating they run full size small, but i could imagine it's just half size in reality, like in your experience. i've never had that problem with nike sb's though, of any model, i'm a 10 for the vast majority of brands and nike sz 10 are always the right fit for me.

wishing i could just try on a pair! haha

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »
Personally I size up at least a half size in most nike soccer stuff. Cleats or indoor shoes can run crazy narrow and tight sometimes imo. I've tried on some of the older non-SB gatos and SB gatos before and a half size or even full size up felt more reasonable.

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 4
« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been eying these same shoes, but havent found them in a reasonable price yet. They make them in this white suede with the red swoosh and it looks so sick.

The OG futsal version seems to have the same outsole than these Nike SB shoes that went out in 2017 i think. The Nike Sb lunar FC:

The OG version with the full suede toe even looks way skatable than the Nike SB version. I had those SB's and I don't understand why would they use that crappy, hard, slippery, plasticy material on a skateshoe and just a small patches on suede on the toe. Shit sucked. The outsole was really grippy though.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have these in a different color and they are great.

Damm, thanks for the site suggestion. I’m so torn between trying those Premier 2s in blue or the Gato lunars they have for £60.
Any suggestions?

And as far as sizing goes, I’m a U.K. 9, the three pairs of Janoskis I had were all 9s and they were perfect for me. From what I’m reading on here and that site, it seems a 10 would be better for me. Idk tho, I’m thinking a half size up because my feet don’t smoosh against the toes of the likes of any size 9s I have.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Lanius

« Reply #444 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33:07 AM »
Anybody skate the non-sb air trainer 1?

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #445 on: May 28, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »
I'd pull the trigger on these right now if i didn't just get the gts returns, still need to try those.

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-boots/nike-premier-ii-sala-ic-pure-platinumuniversity-redwhite/193600/

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 120
« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2020, 01:21:42 PM »
Anybody skate the non-sb air trainer 1?

I skated these way back in the day after finding them at a Nike outlet for super cheap.

I can't remember anything significant about them either or, except I had to 1/2 size up and unstrapped the forefoot strap to make them comfortable.   

I saw these at TJ Maxx a year or two ago in my size but didn't pull the trigger since they were still $50.

Too ugly for $50 but would've been worth it to skate for $30. 
Enjoy your life.

Lanius

« Reply #447 on: May 28, 2020, 01:49:27 PM »
Thanks man. I think I’ll pull the trigger on a pair that I found for cheap. As long as the forefoot outsole is just a little thinner than air trainer 3’s (Which skated ok), I’m sure I will enjoy them.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: June 11, 2020, 09:55:34 AM »
Just ordered these Reebok Workout Clubs:

They haven't done them in awhile but they're available again. Our shop has a Reebok account so I was able to get them for cost, which is awesome. I love the OG Workouts, but the sole feels too thick to skate and when I put them on somehow they just look weird on me. So these will be a good compromise. Not sure if I'm gonna skate in them or chill in them but they'd be good for skating for sure. One piece toe would stop the toe piece from tearing off like it does on the Clubs.

Wish they still made this white/gum colourway so I could throw black laces in and pretend I'm rocking KCKs.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2020, 10:09:49 AM »
Just ordered these Reebok Workout Clubs:

They haven't done them in awhile but they're available again. Our shop has a Reebok account so I was able to get them for cost, which is awesome. I love the OG Workouts, but the sole feels too thick to skate and when I put them on somehow they just look weird on me. So these will be a good compromise. Not sure if I'm gonna skate in them or chill in them but they'd be good for skating for sure. One piece toe would stop the toe piece from tearing off like it does on the Clubs.

Wish they still made this white/gum colourway so I could throw black laces in and pretend I'm rocking KCKs.

Both these are hot.
White shoes black laces looks good.