Author Topic: chris neiratko uncovers white guy doing hitler jokes for vice  (Read 16894 times)

McFarty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: chris neiratko uncovers white guy doing hitler jokes for vice
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2018, 07:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.vogue.com/article/brujas-feminist-skate-crew

Gil remembers her class dissecting an old Vice article in which pro skateboarder Marisa Dal Santo got a makeover. “It was one of the most violent, ironic pieces,” she remembered. “They were trying to get her to kiss a boy for the first time and talking about how girls who skate have no style. It was incredible,” she said. “I read that article when I just started skating. It was so discouraging. Especially for someone like Marisa Dal Santo, who’s, like, a legend.”

Neiratko is such a cringy piece of shit. Vice is also a dumpster fire.
[close]
that's one way to look at it since we love marisa but in his own way he was ballsy for that. some jokes don't land but he's always taken chances, hassled rappers and fucked w/ interview subjects.
you're quoting a vogue article, chris could shit in a hat and it's worth more than vogue's best skate coverage.

IMHO, When Earl Parker and Mike Ballard left and Chris came in to Big Brother, the quality of the magazine fell off.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »
Expand Quote

Gil remembers her class dissecting an old Vice article in which pro skateboarder Marisa Dal Santo got a makeover. “It was one of the most violent, ironic pieces,” she remembered. “They were trying to get her to kiss a boy for the first time and talking about how girls who skate have no style. It was incredible,” she said. “I read that article when I just started skating. It was so discouraging. Especially for someone like Marisa Dal Santo, who’s, like, a legend.”

[close]
that's one way to look at it since we love marisa but in his own way he was ballsy for that. some jokes don't land but he's always taken chances, hassled rappers and fucked w/ interview subjects.
you're quoting a vogue article, chris could shit in a hat and it's worth more than vogue's best skate coverage.

He pissed off Danzig REALLY badly in one interview, it was hilarious. He def put his life on the line in some interviews, pills and booze can really make ya fearless!

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2018, 07:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

IMHO, When Earl Parker and Mike Ballard left and Chris came in to Big Brother, the quality of the magazine fell off.

I really wish someone would compile every article Earl Parker ever wrote for BB, that dude was hilarious and amazing. His Instagram is a good'un, used to talk to him on Facebook chat all the time.

shark tits

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i usedta think say 'chris neiratko ruined big brother' and sure, i missed earl parker and some of the one of writers but in retrospect i wonder if it wasn't the same timeline as flynt buying it?
i usedta dig chris neiratko in [was it called heckler?] that weird snow/skate/rap magazine and i liked him again in vice, he just wasnt' my favorite in BB.
granted, that's one hell of a magazine to step into for anyone and i liked it better when i could read chris neiratko every month than now when i can't.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
another one of these eh? im pretty sure you know jessee's repeated actions are more extreme and alienating to others than a couple of nieratko's jokes. what is it youre looking to accomplish with these threads? i dont think jessee is actually out on his ass sponsor wise, im sure nhs will quickly re-back him if they actually ever stopped doing so in the first place. i dont think youre trying to justify repping nazi shit either, so is it a knee jerk reaction to what you feel is people being overly sensitive?
 do you think its more important that jason jessee gets a pass for saying/wearing racist shit than it is for a huge number of people to feel welcomed and comfortable within the skate community instead of having to worry about being harassed or worse for the way they were born? i know hes just one dude, but had his sponsors stuck by him(and come to think of it, the way most people in the industry responded) it would send the message that that type of hate is tolerated within the industry. i think that would cause a lot of people to feel disconnected and care less about it(industry, hopefully not the act of skating). imagine being a non-white kid hoping to go pro and then finding out the people who run everything are largely fine with others in the industry repping hate against you, itd be disheartening at the very least. i know theres lots of shitty things about it, but racism shouldnt be one.
i think some are arguing that people are overreacting to the symbol, but repping that imagery implies you're against many people's basic right to exist and that can feel very threatening to some(obviously). why do you get to decide how they should react? that remains the same to non-white/non-cis people as well. just because youre not bothered, doesnt mean everyone else should feel the same. lastly if you arent of the racist mentality(as jason says he isnt), why would you want to appear as someone who is? if he wanted to be shocking he could just wear a few more hats at a time or let his peener hang out on a couple of those fs airs.

i think you've made these points as well as anyone can make them and they make a lot of sense.

i think jason jesse is the biggest kook and i'm surprised the guy has a career. he's got more of a tapout vibe than skater vibe.

that said don't you think a whole lot of what your saying would also applying to satanism, drug culture (especially with minors involved) and a lot of other elements of skating culture. surely a ton of folks would find these things offensive and thrasher uses a lot of satanic imagery in mostly trolling type ways, baker has made a brand out of drug culture with minors, there's a ton of things you could call out.

i just think it would have been better if instead of taking advantage of big corps influence and it's PC sensitivity (which really has fuck all to do with skate culture is really diametrically opposed to it) we could have instead have effected the demand side of things. people are buying these products and that means that they either don't care or don't know. if all we accomplished is taking the product off the self, did we really get that much done? and what's the next offensive element of skating that we might sacrifice to this? what happens with the revive kooks out some pro's for offending their beliefs?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
i usedta think say 'chris neiratko ruined big brother' and sure, i missed earl parker and some of the one of writers but in retrospect i wonder if it wasn't the same timeline as flynt buying it?
i usedta dig chris neiratko in [was it called heckler?] that weird snow/skate/rap magazine and i liked him again in vice, he just wasnt' my favorite in BB.
granted, that's one hell of a magazine to step into for anyone and i liked it better when i could read chris neiratko every month than now when i can't.

today i learned heckler magazine is still around. jeez i forgot all about them but i think i remember them having so good interviews with dudes like scott bourne before they were getting thrasher coverage.

shark tits

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »
remember they stole the rights to chris neiratko's name?
that's why he started as pi$$ negrotaco at big brother. some vince mcmahon shit.
haha, i think he was already a smartass wigger [and ghostface's son?] back then.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2018, 02:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote
another one of these eh? im pretty sure you know jessee's repeated actions are more extreme and alienating to others than a couple of nieratko's jokes. what is it youre looking to accomplish with these threads? i dont think jessee is actually out on his ass sponsor wise, im sure nhs will quickly re-back him if they actually ever stopped doing so in the first place. i dont think youre trying to justify repping nazi shit either, so is it a knee jerk reaction to what you feel is people being overly sensitive?
 do you think its more important that jason jessee gets a pass for saying/wearing racist shit than it is for a huge number of people to feel welcomed and comfortable within the skate community instead of having to worry about being harassed or worse for the way they were born? i know hes just one dude, but had his sponsors stuck by him(and come to think of it, the way most people in the industry responded) it would send the message that that type of hate is tolerated within the industry. i think that would cause a lot of people to feel disconnected and care less about it(industry, hopefully not the act of skating). imagine being a non-white kid hoping to go pro and then finding out the people who run everything are largely fine with others in the industry repping hate against you, itd be disheartening at the very least. i know theres lots of shitty things about it, but racism shouldnt be one.
i think some are arguing that people are overreacting to the symbol, but repping that imagery implies you're against many people's basic right to exist and that can feel very threatening to some(obviously). why do you get to decide how they should react? that remains the same to non-white/non-cis people as well. just because youre not bothered, doesnt mean everyone else should feel the same. lastly if you arent of the racist mentality(as jason says he isnt), why would you want to appear as someone who is? if he wanted to be shocking he could just wear a few more hats at a time or let his peener hang out on a couple of those fs airs.
[close]

i think you've made these points as well as anyone can make them and they make a lot of sense.

i think jason jesse is the biggest kook and i'm surprised the guy has a career. he's got more of a tapout vibe than skater vibe.

that said don't you think a whole lot of what your saying would also applying to satanism, drug culture (especially with minors involved) and a lot of other elements of skating culture. surely a ton of folks would find these things offensive and thrasher uses a lot of satanic imagery in mostly trolling type ways, baker has made a brand out of drug culture with minors, there's a ton of things you could call out.

i just think it would have been better if instead of taking advantage of big corps influence and it's PC sensitivity (which really has fuck all to do with skate culture is really diametrically opposed to it) we could have instead have effected the demand side of things. people are buying these products and that means that they either don't care or don't know. if all we accomplished is taking the product off the self, did we really get that much done? and what's the next offensive element of skating that we might sacrifice to this? what happens with the revive kooks out some pro's for offending their beliefs?

i hear ya sleazy. i dont have kids, so the baker/thrasher stuff you mentioned doesnt jump out to me right away, but i cant deny (at least when it comes to baker(i thought satanism was relatively innocent these days and in most cases not sacrificing animals and doing violent shit like that)) their use of drugs and alcohol to push a company mostly aimed at children is pretty bad. i know i ate that shit up when i was younger. kids are easily influenced and that kinda shit doesnt help, but i dont see drug use being as bad as hate. at least youre mostly inflicting harm on yourself(could argue it does affect your circle of friends/family) instead of others. baker's kind of switched up a bit since those guys all went sober though, no?
 i can sympathize a tiny bit for the guy after getting stripped of his sponsors(although i still think he'll get back on NHS at least, probably cons too), but i think what it accomplishes is it shows him and others that repping racist stuff isnt tolerated and maybe thats enough to sway others from wearing it too. if they see someone whos revered wearing swastikas and not getting called out maybe they'll have the confidence to as well, even if its just to be "edgy".
 again, im not disagreeing about the baker thing, but i think the reason people arent super vocal about that is because drinking and drugs is so prevalent in society that it feels like avoiding it is an impossible battle to win, so i think most would rather try to teach their kids about moderation than try to shelter their kids entirely from drinking and drug use. also, we may disagree on this, but i think you can dabble with booze and drugs in a fairly innocent way that you cant with bigotry. most parents drink here and there, most dont occasionally brandish a swastika on their jacket. i havent been skating since the beginning, so i cant say, but during my 20ish years i can't remember any openly racist pros. as in keeping nazi's out of the skate industry or at least from getting paid by it is an obtainable goal vs something like trying to suppress the culture of drinking and drugs within skating because its so prevalent. not saying thats a good excuse, but its easier to be passionate about something you think you can change or affect. same with people questioning why people arent more up in arms about cons' factory/labor conditions. short of making your own shoes, you dont have a ton of options. not to mention its a lot more complex of an issue than someone wearing nazi symbols, so if people arent educated on it, i dont think its wrong they stay silent. sure these larger issues need to be talked about and solved, but i dont think that means smaller issues cant be addressed as well.
 i dont know for certain, but i think if everyone agreed that him wearing nazi stuff was awful(not saying they have to) that thread would be 8 pages instead of 80 and counting. its mostly the bickering between the sides thats kept it going. so the people trying to defend jessee are actually keeping the thread relevant and in a way bringing damage to him. again, pure speculation, but i dunno if he woulda got dropped by his sponsors if that thread only lasted a couple days. look at the daryl thread, you have to be pretty scummy to defend him, so i think thats why that one's only at 10 pages. its good that people are bumping it though. sorry for the super fucking long post

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2018, 04:37:35 AM »
that all makes a ton of sense zurg. seeing the thing with rosane play out yesterday is so similar and it definitely seems like CBS did the right thing there and this situation is no different. your point about people sympathizing makes a lot of sense too but i kind of feel like the current trump era is a result of the left forcing people to not be themselves by shaming them into submission for too long. trump came out and started saying all the crazy hateful shit they haven't been able to say for so long and they all loved it.

my main caution with all this was that it just felt like we are reaching out to big corp to help us police things. with the olympics right around the corner i can't help but wonder how far corps could take it. pros make their living off nike, cons, etc... these days so they have a ton of power and influence and it would suck if they started regulating. but i guess the nba and nfl are full of people doing all kinds of awful shit so maybe it's not that big a deal. i've just always liked the sketchy, dirty side of skating too so i'd hate to see that get regulated to heavily from outside of the culture. but i'm probably missing how important it is to pick the right issues and go after them. i'm probably falling into the nra's shitty "slippery slope" argument here.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2534
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2018, 05:20:16 AM »
i kind of feel like the current trump era is a result of the left forcing people to not be themselves by shaming them into submission for too long. trump came out and started saying all the crazy hateful shit they haven't been able to say for so long and they all loved it..

Funny, I feel like it's the racists fault for being racist, and I don't feel like giving them an out by blaming the non-racist/hateful group for their shitty beliefs.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »
I feel like all these rules you guys want are gonna backfire on your ass. I thought it was pretty cool we could have all kinds of fucked up people, and all kinds of not fucked up people representing skateboarding together under the industry umbrella. Not no more though, we have rules we must follow now.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:36 AM »
I feel like all these rules you guys want are gonna backfire on your ass. I thought it was pretty cool we could have all kinds of fucked up people, and all kinds of not fucked up people representing skateboarding together under the industry umbrella. Not no more though, we have rules we must follow now.
Repeat to yourself what I put in bold, then think "does racism encourage or discourage this kind of community?"
Because I agree with your point about diversity in skateboarding. But to me that means we have men and women, gay and straight, all ethnicities, all class backgrounds, and all types of personalities that don't interfere with the diversity of skateboarding. That's why racism has no place in skateboarding, because ANYBODY should be allowed to pick up a skateboard and feel welcome, not just anybody who falls under jason jessee's definition of the ubermenschen.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
Incoming 81 page thread.

Get a life.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Incoming 81 page thread.

Get a life.
amazing how much time you spend on here telling people to get a life. color me impressed.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2018, 12:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Repeat to yourself what I put in bold, then think "does racism encourage or discourage this kind of community?"
Because I agree with your point about diversity in skateboarding. But to me that means we have men and women, gay and straight, all ethnicities, all class backgrounds, and all types of personalities that don't interfere with the diversity of skateboarding. That's why racism has no place in skateboarding, because ANYBODY should be allowed to pick up a skateboard and feel welcome, not just anybody who falls under jason jessee's definition of the ubermenschen.

yeah, but does putting all these constraints on social expectations actually remedy racism? or does it push it into the darkness where it can fester without being checked since it's hiding from the masses? you can argue either side to death, either way there's no right answer. racism is going to happen regardless of what we say or do, but i appreciate that people can out themselves so people who disagree with their sentiments can avoid them. i have a feeling closeted racism will be a thing, and in the future we'll be buying boards with the names of closeted racists on them that well never be able to identify.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2018, 12:44:20 PM »
Incoming 81 page thread.

Get a life.

Surprised you have time for a life of your own with all the dog fucking you do. Must wear you out.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
i kind of feel like the current trump era is a result of the left forcing people to not be themselves by shaming them into submission for too long. trump came out and started saying all the crazy hateful shit they haven't been able to say for so long and they all loved it..
[close]

Funny, I feel like it's the racists fault for being racist, and I don't feel like giving them an out by blaming the non-racist/hateful group for their shitty beliefs.

i'm probably doing a shit job of making the point i was trying to make.

i think part of trumps success was pc being forced down everyone throats in every way and extreme new concepts like safe spaces and micro aggressions. the reason why half the country wasn't offended is because they've been holding their tongue on a lot of issues for a long time to avoid the left side of the spectrum throwing pejoratives at them. this is actually a great example of this kind of thing.

Funny, I feel like it's the racists fault for being racist

right there the whole thing gets dismissed to "we're right" and you are not only wrong but "morally wrong". this is part of what's got have the country so worked up they are getting behind comically ridiculous man.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah, but does putting all these constraints on social expectations actually remedy racism? or does it push it into the darkness where it can fester without being checked since it's hiding from the masses? you can argue either side to death, either way there's no right answer. racism is going to happen regardless of what we say or do, but i appreciate that people can out themselves so people who disagree with their sentiments can avoid them. i have a feeling closeted racism will be a thing, and in the future we'll be buying boards with the names of closeted racists on them that well never be able to identify.
If it festers in the dark its fine as long as it doesn't exist in daylight. Yeah, some people are shitty. Those shitty people can keep that bullshit to themselves and stop harassing religious minorities, people of color, women, LGBT people and the world will be a better place for all of the  people mentioned. Also, their bullshit ideology won't spread. Win-win.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2018, 01:24:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i think part of trumps success was pc being forced down everyone throats in every way and extreme new concepts like safe spaces and micro aggressions. the reason why half the country wasn't offended is because they've been holding their tongue on a lot of issues for a long time to avoid the left side of the spectrum throwing pejoratives at them. this is actually a great example of this kind of thing.

Expand Quote
[close]

right there the whole thing gets dismissed to "we're right" and you are not only wrong but "morally wrong". this is part of what's got have the country so worked up they are getting behind comically ridiculous man.

It seems that the anti-PC squad are not the ones who are angry because they can't call an overweight person "fatty" anymore, but rather the people who are angry because they can't be openly racist. And I'm not sorry that I don't have any time for racists, especially those who are in office or have other forms of power. If you want to talk it out with the KKK or the Nazis, go ahead, but I don't see any point in tolerating them.

And morality is relative, but I can't understand how being against racism or any hateful ideology can be seen as "morally wrong" by anyone but the supporters of such ideologies.

gollum mcjinglemeballs

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »
seems relevant

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2018, 01:36:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It seems that the anti-PC squad are not the ones who are angry because they can't call an overweight person "fatty" anymore, but rather the people who are angry because they can't be openly racist. And I'm not sorry that I don't have any time for racists, especially those who are in office or have other forms of power. If you want to talk it out with the KKK or the Nazis, go ahead, but I don't see any point in tolerating them.

And morality is relative, but I can't understand how being against racism or any hateful ideology can be seen as "morally wrong" by anyone but the supporters of such ideologies.
Reminds me of a quote from the brilliant Kwame Ture (previously known as Stokely Carmichael) "If a man wants to lynch me, that's his problem. If a man wants to lynch me and has the power to do so, then its my problem"

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

again, my point isn't that racism is ok. my point is that overly aggressive PC culture has resulting in a lot of annoying crap that a lot of people don't like like safe spaces and micro aggressions. on top of that people on the left have a tendency to just assume that anyone who wants to secure borders or be cautious about immigrants coming from muslim countries is a racists. "racism is bad" is a simple, binary idea but the rest of this nuanced. shutting down dialog by immediately calling people names isn't helpful and the part of trumps voter pool who aren't actually racist constantly being called racist has a lot to do with why trump is in the white house.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:58:39 PM by Sleazy »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

again, my point isn't that racism is ok. my point is that overly aggressive PC culture has resulting in a lot of annoying crap that a lot of people don't like like safe spaces and micro aggressions. on top of that people on the left have a tendency to just assume that anyone who wants to secure borders or be cautious about immigrants coming from muslim countries is a racists. "racism is bad" is a simple, binary idea but the rest of this nuanced. shutting down dialog by immediately calling people names isn't helpful and the part of trumps voter pool who aren't actually racist constantly being called racist has a lot to do with why trump is in the white house.
1) Assuming somebody coming from a muslim country is a problem or something to be cautious about is pure racism. There's no other way to describe it.
2) Anyone that wants to secure the border? Are you referencing Donald Trump and his "Mexico is sending rapists and drug dealers" claim when he brought back the issue? Because that is also CLEARLY racist. Interesting fact: The U.S. has had negative net migration since 2009. So claiming that a problem that doesn't exist is a problem, then claiming that people of an ethnicity who come to our nation are all criminals causing every imaginable problem in this nation (rape, drugs, unemployment) despite the fact that more of them are leaving than coming is definitely racist.
I think a lot of the "PC OPPRESSION!!!" claims are by people who don't want to examine their own racism, and preferred the days when they could say racist stuff without question.
Those days were good for straight, white, christian, men. Everybody else, not so much.
For the record, I don't think you are a racist sleazy, though maybe its worth having a more critical view of those who are so furious about the idea of a tolerant society.

gollum mcjinglemeballs

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess you're right people started calling me a socialist because I was advocating for single payer and now I'm a Stalinist advocating for gulags.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2018, 02:26:19 PM »
@Sleazy: And my point is that being anti-PC is a fig leaf for racists, because these people aren't rebelling against micro-agressions or similar concepts, but against societal norms that don't condone or reward open racist, sexist, etc. behaviour. Safe spaces exist more or less only on college campuses. Can you tell me how exactly they impacted the vast majority of Trump's voters (or vast majority of voters in general)? This still smacks of victim blaming.

Also, voters who voted for a racist/sexist/etc but aren't those things themselves definitely don't deserve anyone's pity if they get lumped in with them, because they knew what they were getting. Literally any other candidate would have been a more reasonable choice for the right (horrible as they were), but they chose the worst one.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

what exactly is this? i get the feeling you are using this exactly the same way that you are complaining about people saying all trump supporters are racist.

legalbeagle

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2018, 02:49:25 PM »
I don’t call people snowflakes. but that term got tossed around a lot. jason jessee has multiple income streams and will be just fine. he owns a goddamn oceanfront naziland ranch.

Oddly enough jason jesse does not own his property, it's this other weird nazi guy that rents it to him. Jason was a serious drug addict with no real income for many years and as a consequence has almost no money.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:52:04 PM by Legal Beagle »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t call people snowflakes. but that term got tossed around a lot. jason jessee has multiple income streams and will be just fine. he owns a goddamn oceanfront naziland ranch.
[close]

Oddly enough jason jesse does not own his property, it's this other weird nazi guy that rents it to him. Jason was a serious drug addict with no real income for many years and as a consequence has almost no money.
Source?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2018, 05:56:05 PM »
Incoming 81 page thread.

Get a life.
projecting much?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i know you catch a lot of shit on here but you've always been one of my favorite things about this place way to back to the turkey lurkey days so much respect for doing what you do on here.

1) Assuming somebody coming from a muslim country is a problem or something to be cautious about is pure racism. There's no other way to describe it.
2) Anyone that wants to secure the border? Are you referencing Donald Trump and his "Mexico is sending rapists and drug dealers" claim when he brought back the issue? Because that is also CLEARLY racist. Interesting fact: The U.S. has had negative net migration since 2009. So claiming that a problem that doesn't exist is a problem, then claiming that people of an ethnicity who come to our nation are all criminals causing every imaginable problem in this nation (rape, drugs, unemployment) despite the fact that more of them are leaving than coming is definitely racist.
I think a lot of the "PC OPPRESSION!!!" claims are by people who don't want to examine their own racism, and preferred the days when they could say racist stuff without question.
Those days were good for straight, white, christian, men. Everybody else, not so much.
For the record, I don't think you are a racist sleazy, though maybe its worth having a more critical view of those who are so furious about the idea of a tolerant society.

you've always been one of my favorite things about this place going back to the turkey lurkey days and i always value your perspective and look forward to you chiming in man even though i disagree with some things you say you always make me think harder about topics and i appreciate that.

1) muslim is not a race, it's a religion, so at a minimum you've got a semantic problem. however, i know what you are saying so ignoring that pedantic point and assuming it's racism then we have "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." if you will concede that muslim is a set of beliefs then i will put forth that nazis, catholics are also not races but people following organized belief systems. all 3 are dangerous in the right context to certain groups. i don't let my kids around catholic preachers, especially not alone. am i being racist? or am i being cautious about real problem with an ideology? we all know most people on here feel very strongly against nazis and i would put myself in that group as it's clearly a shitty belief system and even though there are folks who are kind of ignorant, kooky but not violent about it, like jason jesse, there are also people who kill and have committed genocide, so clearly a really dangerous set of beliefs in the right context. the muslim belief system also has dangerous elements and you'd have to have your head way down in the sand to not look at recent history and realize that that belief structure can be both powerful and dangerous. so i disagree, sorry... someone who is for tightening down the review process for immigrants in those circumstances with countless case studies to show how this can be dangerous doesn't make you a racist. your not asserting one race has superiority to another, your not even talking about races. you are just saying, that a set of beliefs can be dangerous and that we should vet folks that subscribe to those beliefs a little harder especially if they come from areas where the beliefs system has been abused (not saying this was done well but saying if you assume that). asserting that anyone that falls anywhere on this side of the spectrum is a morally corrupt racist is part of the problem with our current political environment. you immediately shutdown and chance of accomplishing anything productive. i think we'd all do a little better with less name calling and more rational debate
2) you seem to think that everyone that wants to have a more secure borders has to have perfect alignment with trumps problematic way of approaching the issue while completely ignoring that maybe people should just migrate to this country legally. what's the problem with that everyone following the same rules and more so what's the problem with enforcing the laws on the current books? for a long time we have had a mostly meaningless boarder. my business partner lives in new delhi. we'd love for him to live and work here in the us but currently we just can't make that happen. so your assertion is that we are both racist because we think it's unfair that all the other people just ignore the rules and walk into the country because we share a border? and again we can't really discuss it because you immediately go to pejoratives and shut down any hope of rational debate. again a big part of the current problem with the political conversation in this country.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:52:57 PM by Sleazy »