Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 775131 times)

Main

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -208
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2016, 11:26:47 AM »
Spitfire F4 101's classic shape 53mm-54mm. Doesn't get any better. If you go with 56mm you're in riser territory.

Phillip Flathead

• Rep: -7
« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
Spitfire F4 101's classic shape 53mm-54mm. Doesn't get any better. If you go with 56mm you're in riser territory.

Thanks for the input

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the input

If you are thinking of going past 54mm I'd suggest going for radials or conicals (full, slim, whateverthefuck) over classics.

Main

« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2016, 03:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the input
[close]

If you are thinking of going past 54mm I'd suggest going for radials or conicals (full, slim, whateverthefuck) over classics.

Definitely, I feel like with bigger wheels ya gotta go with a shape. It would be like buying a 9.5" popsicle deck...why? Go with the shape!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the input
[close]

[close]

Definitely, I feel like with bigger wheels ya gotta go with a shape. It would be like buying a 9.5" popsicle deck...why? Go with the shape!

Ask BMC ;P

Main

« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2016, 07:38:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the input
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ask BMC ;P

Steve gets a pass cause he's a rad dude.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »
I was there for Steve's 9 phase. It was a fun month.

Anyone know anything about the sml "ag" formula? Can't find any info, even a durometer.

Where you at Cliff?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:13:30 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2016, 07:45:15 PM »
I liked the Insane-a-thane I had fine, but got a set of the Ricta Curren Caples NRG's. They are great, they might even be better than the 101 F4's, which have been the yardstick for me for years now.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
Do the insane-a-thanes wear down/flat spot fast? I picked up a set of 53mm 99a cause they were on sale and I was ordering some other shit. Haven't tried em out yet though.

Not too picky about wheels. In the last year I've ridden pigs, F4s, Spit classics, mini logo. Live in Taiwan, so I just ride whatever I can get. Just want something hard/fast and won't wear down in a matter of weeks. I like most NHS products though, so I figured I'd try some OJ's.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2016, 04:32:17 AM »

I just gotta ventilate on these again.

I ride the 53's and I never would have imagined a wheel could make such a huge positive difference. Super fast, grippy when you need them to be on any surface but slide super easy whenever you want them to on any surface (haven't tried indoors, but "slippery" concrete). I can't imagine anything being as good or better than these.. So to anyone contemplating whether to get them or not, do it and be sold forever.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2016, 12:27:39 PM »

Anyone know anything about the sml "ag" formula? Can't find any info, even a durometer.

Where you at Cliff?

Haha damn I never come in this zone.

the AG formula is basically closer to a Spitfire feel, 99A Duro. He loves that they have a little less rebound and slide a bit easier.

Also of the dudes on the team love them me personally I like our OG formula it's closer to a Bones STF.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Where you at Cliff?
[close]

Haha damn I never come in this zone.

the AG formula is basically closer to a Spitfire feel, 99A Duro. He loves that they have a little less rebound and slide a bit easier.

Also of the dudes on the team love them me personally I like our OG formula it's closer to a Bones STF.

Thanks for the heads up! I ended up getting them anyway, been on them for like 2 weeks, love them, no complaints. They seem faster than 99.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2016, 07:41:14 AM »
F4 classic shape is all you need. Any surface, they're fine, 99 or 101, the difference isn't that great. They do everything you need them to.
I like my wheels as hard as diamonds. I usually under rotate a lot of my tricks too, so the more a wheels slides for me the better haha.

That is why I have been riding STFs for years.

As for the shape? V3s every time. Love a skinny wheel but prefer rounder wheels to squareish. V3s are everything I look for in a wheel.

Spitfire's classic shape is WAAAY to wide for my tastes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:43:40 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
F4 classic shape is all you need. Any surface, they're fine, 99 or 101, the difference isn't that great. They do everything you need them to.
[close]
I like my wheels as hard as diamonds. I usually under rotate a lot of my tricks too, so the more a wheels slides for me the better haha.

As for the shape? V3s every time. Love a skinny wheel but prefer rounder wheels to squareish. V3s are everything I look for in a wheel.

Hard as diamonds? Ricta.

Classic spits are like tennis balls.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hard as diamonds? Ricta.

Classic spits are like tennis balls.

Really? I haven't had a Ricta since the boltz (my shop had some on sale) so I may be wrong, but I always remember Rictas being 81B and STFs are 83B. Are you saying that Ricta makes wheels harder than 83B!

Also that Spitfire comment made me chuckle. So true!

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »
I know some guys here mess with Satori, but the only place i could find them was direct from them, and they're $$$. More than F4s. Price turned me off, otherwise I'd be down to try them again.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »
I know some guys here mess with Satori, but the only place i could find them was direct from them, and they're $$$. More than F4s. Price turned me off, otherwise I'd be down to try them again.

Agreed brother. Buying direct from Culture Skate puts the price around $40 which is a little excessive for wheels. Truthfully? I know this sucks to say but check Amazon. Depending what size you are looking for you will find them there.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2016, 05:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed brother. Buying direct from Culture Skate puts the price around $40 which is a little excessive for wheels. Truthfully? I know this sucks to say but check Amazon. Depending what size you are looking for you will find them there.
Some of these prices are ridiculously low (and with Prime)
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=satori+wheels
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #348 on: September 01, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »
Does anyone have any advice for a nice hard wheel for street that is good for power slides and isn't unusable on not so perfect roads?  My stf v3's are getting small after 8 months of hill bombs and powerslides and I'm looking for my next set.  How do spitfire f4 101a and those Ricta nrg 101's compare to stfs in regard to slidablility, grip, speed,  and handling on somewhat rough surfaces?

Just stick to stf.  I try lots of wheels.  The rebound keeps you going.  Everything else slows down considerably more when you hit the less perfect asphalt or metal grating etc.  Can't speak on the rictas and want to try some.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »
I'd be interested in trying out those new AG sml. wheels whenever they come out. 
hardly art, hardly starving

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »
Is there a new Ag formula? The second Grocery Bag series they did is the best wheel I have ever had.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »
Yea I have the AG formula "Grocery Bag" v-cuts and I loooooove these things.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »
Is there a new Ag formula? The second Grocery Bag series they did is the best wheel I have ever had.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BJ_rxnuBnii/?taken-by=smlwheels

I like the look of the wider shape on the right
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:21:39 AM by art hellman »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.instagram.com/p/BJ_rxnuBnii/?taken-by=smlwheels

I like the look of the wider shape on the right
That's the v-cut, same thing I have just different graphics. They're similar to conical fulls.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
thanks for the knowledge

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »
While we are on the topic of SML wheels. I got these a couple weeks ago and I thought they would be the usual SML formula but was I wrong. They are pretty much a cruiser wheel. Be advised!

Lmaopercs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2016, 11:38:53 PM »
How do you guys feel about the Spitfire Chargers? Are they good cruisers? I like that they're regular shaped wheels, haven't ordered them yet.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #357 on: September 10, 2016, 12:29:53 AM »
How do you guys feel about the Spitfire Chargers? Are they good cruisers? I like that they're regular shaped wheels, haven't ordered them yet.

I've got a set. Only briefly tried them so far and with different bearings than on my current cruiser wheels (OJ Keyframes), so take this with a grain of salt, but I much preferred the OJs. Smoother and faster ride on the OJs. Both equally grippy and bouncy, I'd say.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've got a set. Only briefly tried them so far and with different bearings than on my current cruiser wheels (OJ Keyframes), so take this with a grain of salt, but I much preferred the OJs. Smoother and faster ride on the OJs. Both equally grippy and bouncy, I'd say.
Keyframes are life.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
While we are on the topic of SML wheels. I got these a couple weeks ago and I thought they would be the usual SML formula but was I wrong. They are pretty much a cruiser wheel. Be advised!

Check your DM's homie, let's get that fixed!!