Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 775090 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a set of Wayward Lucas 52s...but I'm waiting another month or so to put em on until the weather mellows out and dries out.
[close]

Nice!  Have you skated any Wayward's yet?  Great team and great looking wheels but I haven't been able to find any reviews on them yet

ive never skated em before... took forever to find until my local finally got a set for me. 

arg. SLAPpeerpressure is gonna make me try em out this weekend...I can just feel it.   
hardly art, hardly starving

ALZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2016, 12:36:29 PM »
Have aynone tried a set of Jiwaro Wheels? Feedback would be appreciated  :)

Randozzi

« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
Haven't skated a set but I hear nothing but good things about them here in the Pacific Northwest. Home base for them but the few that I've talked to about them give them a thumbs up.

Really digging the new wider Prize Fighters I've been skating.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Expand Quote

I'm also in the minority (except for BMC) but the Ricta NRGs are just so damn fast. Faster feeling than the 101 spits, thinner/different variety of shapes (yet providing the Classic and Conical shape). They feel totally different than spits but provide the same effects (grip, slide, speed); they make the 101 spits feel like the 99s.

[close]

I'm stoked to be back on NRGs after the last year on F4's.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with F4's but for me NRGs do everything slightly better.  As you mentioned, slightly faster, slightly more grip at speed, slightly more slide when you want it.  I also prefer their shapes over F4's

How do the NRGs skate on shitty ground? I'm coming from 99a f4 classics(originally 56mm, now about 51mm) and while these NRGs sound enticing, the ground at my local spots seriously suck and I don't want to have to deal with a super bumpy ride for a bit of extra speed and slide.

BMCsteve

« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'm also in the minority (except for BMC) but the Ricta NRGs are just so damn fast. Faster feeling than the 101 spits, thinner/different variety of shapes (yet providing the Classic and Conical shape). They feel totally different than spits but provide the same effects (grip, slide, speed); they make the 101 spits feel like the 99s.

[close]

I'm stoked to be back on NRGs after the last year on F4's.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with F4's but for me NRGs do everything slightly better.  As you mentioned, slightly faster, slightly more grip at speed, slightly more slide when you want it.  I also prefer their shapes over F4's

[close]

How do the NRGs skate on shitty ground? I'm coming from 99a f4 classics(originally 56mm, now about 51mm) and while these NRGs sound enticing, the ground at my local spots seriously suck and I don't want to have to deal with a super bumpy ride for a bit of extra speed and slide.

They're a little more harsh than 99's and a little smoother than 101's.  If you skate really rough areas most of the time, 99a F4's would probably more more suitable but the NRG's would work if you want to mix it up

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2016, 06:46:04 AM »
skated some Wayward Puig 52mm wheels this weekend. 

similar shape to the F4 classic shape.  felt a little harder/slicker than the 99a, but not as slippery as the 100a.  I kept expecting them to flatspot or in some other way disappoint, but they skated great.  we'll see how they last...but initial reaction is they are great wheels. 

next to used 52mm F4 classic

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »
Anyone tried the pig heads new conical shape?  I love the original ones but the last set I bought was more narrow than older sets

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »
I just got a set of 55mm OJ Insaneathane 99a conicals andBronson G3 bearings.  I've only skated them one day but so far I'm impressed with both.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
Currently skating a set of Sml Wheels 52 v cut Ag formula. Softer than the og formula and a lil wider which I really like. Slide a lot better and the wider shape is good to get over the rough ground that is Mexico.

Jordick

« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53:22 PM »
Currently skating a set of Sml Wheels 52 v cut Ag formula. Softer than the og formula and a lil wider which I really like. Slide a lot better and the wider shape is good to get over the rough ground that is Mexico.
what part of mexico? I was in Mexico city during the summer staying with my family, where they lived near the reforma and the ground there was really bad most of the time. Seemed as if the skaters there have to be pretty raw, but it seemed like there was stuff on every street that was good like in philly or New York.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »
Has anyone actually skated these wheels?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2016, 04:52:34 PM »

Ha, I did on a cruiser. Don't bother.

you never know about pre-cum 

Jordick

« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »

I think those are actually the worst wheels ever

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2016, 06:51:35 AM »
Just grabbed a set of Wayward to check out. They call this the wide but it's more of a v-cut shape.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2016, 07:22:27 AM »

Hey man, I tried some Jivaro's out, they were alright. I also tried Portland wheels and it was the same result, I think they're both from the same factory. There's really no other wheels worth buying besides Spitfire's F4 or Bones STF's. Everything else out there is pretty much the same feel/performance.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man, I tried some Jivaro's out, they were alright. I also tried Portland wheels and it was the same result, I think they're both from the same factory. There's really no other wheels worth buying besides Spitfire's F4 or Bones STF's. Everything else out there is pretty much the same feel/performance.
Ricta NRG's are pretty boss too.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2016, 10:13:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, it's NHS so I don't see how they'd be much different than OJ because they're most likely made in the same factory. I tried those OJ insane-a-thanes and they sucked.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »
Does anyone know if ricta NRG formula has the same grippy feel of bones stf? Cause ricta NRG says they're 81b like bones stf
yes

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »
If you're not riding f4s you're fuckkng up.
you never know about pre-cum 

BMCsteve

« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
Does anyone know if ricta NRG formula has the same grippy feel of bones stf? Cause ricta NRG says they're 81b like bones stf

They feel like a mix between STF and F4's.  NRG is my favorite wheel formula.  I just wish they had as many shape options as F4's

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They feel like a mix between STF and F4's.  NRG is my favorite wheel formula.  I just wish they had as many shape options as F4's

nice, i gotta get a set. thanks steve
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:39:07 AM by rob »
yes

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2016, 02:46:54 AM »
If you're not riding f4s you're fuckkkkkkkkkkkng up.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2016, 06:41:58 AM »

At some point I am going to give SML another look. The wides definitely felt different to me.

The new Danny Garcia wheels looks great.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BINIMd8hVft/?taken-by=smlwheels

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2016, 07:08:15 AM »
If you're not riding f4s you're fuckkng up.

I thought the same thing until I started skating some Wayward Wheels.  I'm on my second set.  They skate extremely similar to the 99a Spit F4s (hard to flat spot, grippy when you need/slide when you want).  Only problem is they are very hard to find.

F4s are probably the best ever tho.  It's just fun to mix it up sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:05:16 AM by art hellman »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

STF are 83b bro

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
STF are 83b bro

thats weird, back then i could of sworn they said 81b, maybe im thinking of SPF even though i got STF's
yes

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2016, 07:23:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
STF are 83b bro

[close]

thats weird, back then i could of sworn they said 81b, maybe im thinking of SPF even though i got STF's
SPF's say they're 84b. One whole durometer difference lol

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well, it's NHS so I don't see how they'd be much different than OJ because they're most likely made in the same factory. I tried those OJ insane-a-thanes and they sucked.
Never skated the OJ's So I really can't say of they're much different or not. But they aren't chalky feeling like I've heard the OJ's described.
I love the NRG 53 park crushers. They're a little harder than the regular NRG wheels. 83b instead of 81b. I feel like they're definitely more grippy than F4's but can't say how they feel compared to STF's. I haven't skated any of those in quite a while.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:57 AM »
Ricta NRG formula is great, feels harder and faster than both F4s and STFs.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
STF are 83b bro

[close]

they make 81b spfs.