Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 765256 times)

Punished Skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5010 on: August 01, 2021, 07:37:34 AM »
I've been around other pro-skaters who've seemed kind of off in their behavior & claimed bizarre things (not in a way that I feel they're a danger to themselves or others), and it's made me wonder about the occurrences of CTE in skateboarding.   CTE, the illness that has been blamed for causing Aaron Hernandez to murder people & later on kill himself, is caused by multiple head traumas.  Most skaters hit their head at one point or another.  I'm sure most pro's have had multiple concussions and TBI's.   Couple that with the fact most pro's start skating(or now going pro) as kids or teenagers when their brains are still developing, thus making the potential damage & CTE worse than in a fully developed adult with the same injuries.

Was also thinking about CTE

http://pnl.bwh.harvard.edu/education/what-is/chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy/

Mood changes often involve problems with depression, irritability, loss of motivation, or suicidal thinking or behavior. Behavioral changes are typically seen as problems with impulse control which can lead to aggressive or violent behaviors, or problems with substance abuse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/sports/aaron-hernandez-cte-brain.html

C.T.E. is often marked by problems with controlling aggression and impulses, and some degree of dementia, as well as mood swings, lapses in judgment and a disorganized manner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/aaron-hernandez-suffered-from-most-severe-cte-ever-found-in-a-person-his-age/2017/11/09/fa7cd204-c57b-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

Aaron Hernandez suffered the most severe case of chronic traumatic encephalopathy ever discovered in a person his age, damage that would have significantly affected his decision-making, judgment and cognition, researchers at Boston University revealed at a medical conference Thursday.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #5011 on: August 01, 2021, 08:02:25 AM »
Habibis live last night at like 1:30 was interesting lol he was just in a really dark room and letting a bunch of instagram heads bash on him and then just kept saying, “that’s all yall got?”.  After 15 mins of this he just interrupts and says, “We are gonna do a candle lighting for Josiah, the LB skate community is so strong and we are gonna do a balloon launch and were gonna take a video for his family”. Then he goes and talks about how hes not made a dime off of TK and he isnt gonna talk about the case because it is still open.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #5012 on: August 01, 2021, 08:30:39 AM »
Expand Quote
What’s up with Chis Chan?

Also, FUCK TK. I hope he rots in jail.
[close]
Again what’s up with CC I haven’t watched his channel in probably 4-5 years.

Nice - after an absolute shit thread watches its protagonist accomplish the expected, bring up another mentally-unstable person to pick apart.

The last 5 pages are just a bunch of half-ass apologies. I wonder how many of the those slappers were in the Yonnie/Jarn threads screaming for someone to take actual responsibility.

No, none of you explicitly enabled TK to make this mistake, but you are guilty of parading a person's insanity around for cheap laughs. Own up to the POS moves you made inside this thread and keep the victim's name out of your mouth if you're the type who thought TK's demise was your own personal soap opera.

Pretty sick ya'll, pretty sick.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

JORNDA

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5013 on: August 01, 2021, 08:32:50 AM »
when i made this thread i honestly had no idea that this is how things would play out. incredibly sad to say the least, rip josiah.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #5014 on: August 01, 2021, 08:42:32 AM »
Expand Quote
As cliché as it is, makes me reflect on how we all sometimes make fun of people while ignoring (or not) their mental state.
[close]

Sometimes for 160 pages.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5015 on: August 01, 2021, 10:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote
As someone whose been in and out of mental hospitals, to me the signs were very clear that tk is 100% deranged and capable of hurting himself/others.

I don’t think anyone should feel guilty for saying shalom or this thread. Can’t diagnose someone thru a computer screen but chances are tk had a fucked up child hood, wasn’t educated, got shot (insanely traumatizing for the Brain) then basically became a mini celebrity and then watched it all crash.

Unfortunately someone like tk should’ve gone the dave chapelle route, take the money from bet buy some land in Ohio and peace out but Dave chapelle is wayyy more educated than tk and never got shot

Tk ended up around people like habibi, probably constantly filling his head with gang shit and telling him he’s a “superstar” and “can do anything”

tk problems probably just as much psychological(thoughts and words) as physiological (chemical and tissue).  Who knows what drugs he was taking on top of all this. Maybe people like nakel will take this as a warning to stop glorifying murdering and gang shit with music and grow the fuck up
[close]
Why do we always have to compare black people to eachother

Your right, I want to  think it’s more similarities of growing up in the inner city and then getting a Viacom tv show but I see and It sucks my mind goes for that comparison gotta work on that

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #5016 on: August 01, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »

Sounds like Josiah was a beautiful human being. Sincere condolences to all that knew him.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #5017 on: August 01, 2021, 11:18:40 AM »
Josiah was such an awesome kid.  Super easy-going, and always and I mean always out skating.  The kind of kid that showed up to college parties with his board.  His identity was that he was a skateboarder.  Full stop. 

Terry Kennedy has ALWAYS been an annoying person.

Now Terry Kennedy is a fucking murderer. 

There is literally NOTHING that Josiah could've done to deserve his life being cut short.  This is fucking tragic to the highest degree. 

Fuuuuuuu

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5018 on: August 01, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »
Also, claiming he killed a cop in 2017 puts that whole quitting baker/erratic behaviour around that time. From the quality of footage he put out on Instagram over the last 2 years it’s very clear he had not skated for a very, very long time.

The spokesperson says Kennedy then referenced a 2017 cop-killing incident in Whittier, CA. ... claiming the skateboarder said, "We killed ya'll in Whittier, California. We killed ya'll bitch ass."

The incident he’s referencing is this:
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-cop-killer-blame-20180510-story.html

Really stupid of TK to try to intimidate the arresting officers by claiming shit he wasn’t a part of, but what would else would you expect from Baker’s resident minstrel act?

What’s missing in the criticism here is how skateboarding as an industry made this monster. Tony Hawk and Andrew Reynolds are just as responsible for this, They signed TK and Twaun so that they wouldn’t get slammed for racism as a bunch of white dudes appropriating rap music and style. Thing was Antwaun and Terry were clearly props to them because as soon as those dudes got into any trouble they got cut from the team whereas Greco, Beagle and Dollin got infinite second chances.

Sure Terry’s a washed up asshole & he deserves all the blame for this murder but, he didn’t learn to be this way from Slap or Habibi. He learned it from the dudes who were paying him for years who actively encouraged this kind of behavior. Reynolds and Pharell wanted to create a character on their teams that was a Juicy J or Ti that could skate. Bam wanted “Compton Ass Terry” because Brandon DiCamillos raps were too racist for an MTV audience. Everyone got what they needed out of TK and in the end nobody teaches professional athletes how to retire. That part where when you come from nothing you go back to being nothing with a ton of tax debt and a bunch of drug addictions.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #5019 on: August 01, 2021, 11:34:53 AM »
Haven’t followed every recent post but could somebody let us know if there’s a gofundme or any way for those of us outside Chicago to give some support either to his family or in his memory. Be great to have it stickied in a sep thread.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 73
« Reply #5020 on: August 01, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Also, claiming he killed a cop in 2017 puts that whole quitting baker/erratic behaviour around that time. From the quality of footage he put out on Instagram over the last 2 years it’s very clear he had not skated for a very, very long time.
[close]

Expand Quote
The spokesperson says Kennedy then referenced a 2017 cop-killing incident in Whittier, CA. ... claiming the skateboarder said, "We killed ya'll in Whittier, California. We killed ya'll bitch ass."
[close]

The incident he’s referencing is this:
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-cop-killer-blame-20180510-story.html

Really stupid of TK to try to intimidate the arresting officers by claiming shit he wasn’t a part of, but what would else would you expect from Baker’s resident minstrel act?

What’s missing in the criticism here is how skateboarding as an industry made this monster. Tony Hawk and Andrew Reynolds are just as responsible for this, They signed TK and Twaun so that they wouldn’t get slammed for racism as a bunch of white dudes appropriating rap music and style. Thing was Antwaun and Terry were clearly props to them because as soon as those dudes got into any trouble they got cut from the team whereas Greco, Beagle and Dollin got infinite second chances.

Sure Terry’s a washed up asshole & he deserves all the blame for this murder but, he didn’t learn to be this way from Slap or Habibi. He learned it from the dudes who were paying him for years who actively encouraged this kind of behavior. Reynolds and Pharell wanted to create a character on their teams that was a Juicy J or Ti that could skate. Bam wanted “Compton Ass Terry” because Brandon DiCamillos raps were too racist for an MTV audience. Everyone got what they needed out of TK and in the end nobody teaches professional athletes how to retire. That part where when you come from nothing you go back to being nothing with a ton of tax debt and a bunch of drug addictions.

You make some good points, like post-sports career athletes not given much direction or help but saying that Tony Hawk (for some reason) and Reynolds et al surrounding Terry at the prime time of his career are just as responsible for this is not true.

Those who benefited from his personal branding and amplification of it/ his persona did not in any way teach him this behaviour. What you’re saying isn’t the same level as Cole getting sent Bodom gear and black hair dye, you’re saying that that they encouraged / taught Terry to……what exactly? Beat other humans to death? Who at Shorty’s should we blame for Muska’s drunken racist public nuisance incident a few years back?

It is not their fault that this happened.

It’s one thing to say that they didn’t help someone enough, it’s another to apportion blame equally to, in this case, the murderer.
Terry Kennedy did not learn the behaviour of beating someone so violently that they end up dead from his team managers, mentors and contemporaries.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #5021 on: August 01, 2021, 12:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What’s up with Chis Chan?

Also, FUCK TK. I hope he rots in jail.
[close]
Again what’s up with CC I haven’t watched his channel in probably 4-5 years.
[close]

Pretty sick ya'll, pretty sick.
It's pretty sick that I hope a murderer rots in jail? Just mentioned TK because he's the topic off this thread. I hope all CHMO, Pedos, Murderters, rapists, thieves, etc... all rot in prison.

However, Who I don't think deserve to rot are non violent drug offenders.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #5022 on: August 01, 2021, 12:59:21 PM »
Haven’t followed every recent post but could somebody let us know if there’s a gofundme or any way for those of us outside Chicago to give some support either to his family or in his memory. Be great to have it stickied in a sep thread.

If there is one I'll sticky it
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

veritas

« Reply #5023 on: August 01, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As cliché as it is, makes me reflect on how we all sometimes make fun of people while ignoring (or not) their mental state.
[close]

Sometimes for 160 pages.
[close]

The entire "Shalom" joke was always ridiculing his mental illness, he's been untethered from reality for years

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #5024 on: August 01, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »
Baker exploiting the child gangbanger schtick in Baker2g really hasn't aged well.

https://dai.ly/x5uaq3m

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5025 on: August 01, 2021, 01:18:42 PM »
Haven’t been keeping up to date with shit in the past decade. What is this “shalom” thing you guys keep mentioning?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #5026 on: August 01, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »
The Jews sitting here wondering why everyone is beating themselves up over “shalom”
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5027 on: August 01, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »
watching SLAP collectively tussle with itself over the first 160 or so pages of this fucking disgraceful shit-pile of a thread, would be the most hilariously pitiful thing i've encountered recently, if it hadn't taken the murder of that young man to get people to actually reflect on the nature of this thread

seriously, go fuck yourselves

edit: it’s creepy as shit to even--for a second--try to think about the emotional reaction my comment is evoking in the sniveling, little cowardly hypocrites in this motherfucker who have kooked me since i posted the above comment…fucking comical. i’m reluctant to say much more, because i figure you boobs are probably mentally/emotionally unstable yourselves, and i’d be perhaps being as insensitive and smug towards people who are somewhat mentally ill, as a number of you have been to TK in the first 160 or so pages of this thread…

…and if you think this is actually about the number next to my “Rep,” you’re even more pitiful than i thought
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:59:51 PM by Deputy Wendell »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5028 on: August 01, 2021, 02:56:58 PM »
Everyone acted like it was cute and quirky for TK to have that blurred out piece casually sitting on the kitchen table next to his bowl of ramen noodles in Baker 3.

Make it a gimmick all you want, but there are some dark truths that should not be glorified. I hope no legal arguments prevent TK from being punished to the fullest extent of the law.

RIP to this young man and prayers to his friends, family, and the entire Chicago skate community.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5029 on: August 01, 2021, 03:32:04 PM »
RIP-This is all pretty fucked. I regret the many jokes I made throughout the years, but at the same time I don’t think anybody who posted or bought stickers should feel responsible for this.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #5030 on: August 01, 2021, 03:35:36 PM »
Baker exploiting the child gangbanger schtick in Baker2g really hasn't aged well.

https://dai.ly/x5uaq3m

Documenting how someone grew up isn’t exploitation. Also they didn’t even do that. Baker2g featured terry just starting out and a check. If anybody they used Knox and Evan as poster children. Terry was chillin and minding his business (at the time)

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #5031 on: August 01, 2021, 03:48:27 PM »
RIP-This is all pretty fucked. I regret the many jokes I made throughout the years, but at the same time I don’t think anybody who posted or bought stickers should feel responsible for this.

You're right - they shouldn't feel responsible for the murder.

They should feel some sense of responsibility for making light of obvious mental illness for their own amusement.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #5032 on: August 01, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was just about to ask for this - strangers pass every day but this made me particularly sad/irritated at the world

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5033 on: August 01, 2021, 03:55:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I was just about to ask for this - strangers pass every day but this made me particularly sad/irritated at the world

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=117947.0

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5034 on: August 01, 2021, 04:00:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They should feel some sense of responsibility for making light of obvious mental illness for their own amusement.

To be fair there was a few times in this thread where it was talked about how and who to contact someone to get TK help. To my knowledge nothing came from it but it was discussed at some point after the multiple green lights on his baby mama. I think no one knew a friend of TK to hit their DMs and discuss the concern.

But in no way should anyone feel responsible for TKs actions. His friends and family had to see concern coming if strangers on the internet did. Like we was all observing Strangers have no way of contacting him and stepping in.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5035 on: August 01, 2021, 04:04:58 PM »
watching SLAP collectively tussle with itself over the first 160 or so pages of this fucking disgraceful shit-pile of a thread, would be the most hilariously pitiful thing i've encountered recently, if it hadn't taken the murder of that young man to get people to actually reflect on the nature of this thread

seriously, go fuck yourselves

edit: it’s creepy as shit to even--for a second--try to think about the emotional reaction my comment is evoking in the sniveling, little cowardly hypocrites in this motherfucker who have kooked me since i posted the above comment…fucking comical. i’m reluctant to say much more, because i figure you boobs are probably mentally/emotionally unstable yourselves, and i’d be perhaps being as insensitive and smug towards people who are somewhat mentally ill, as a number of you have been to TK in the first 160 or so pages of this thread…

…and if you think this is actually about the number next to my “Rep,” you’re even more pitiful than i thought

I don’t think you should be kook’d for speaking your point of view on this, but I think you’re placing judgement in the wrong direction.

No one here knew TK personally to properly gauge what was going on in his life, or even intervene. People here just feel gross about making a meme out of an eventual murderer. At the end of the day TK’s mental health is his responsibility the same way his fitness and finances are. I feel terrible for the dude who lost his life over some bullshit, but shitting on slap and this thread is a waste.

I think it’s a learning opportunity for a lot (including myself) for sure.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:13:24 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

Cliff_Kaufman

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5036 on: August 01, 2021, 04:17:16 PM »
I saw some friends set up a GoFundMe for Josiah thought I'd share it here https://gofund.me/fc49e55c

Fuck TK

Edit: Didnt see the pinned comment until after I posted this

Eastcoastghostiii

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5037 on: August 01, 2021, 04:45:08 PM »
@beverlyhills_habbibi_scammer  Is an Instagram account documenting the scamming that Habibi has done. The account’s current story has Habibi with Terry mock hogtied.

https://www.theblacklist.xyz/story/beverly-hills-habibi

Directly from the comments section for the link above:

“He’s holding me hostage and wont give my phone back. He’s using my following to scam people and sell 70 dollar tee shirts, mid grade weed and inbred dogs. He took my jewelry and is now blackmailing me. He even threatened to hurt my kids if i didn’t cooperate. Someone please help -Terry Kennedy”

There is an entire situation going on that needs to be looked into. TK may have been extorted and this manager was supposed to be helping him (and was obviously not).

Really strange and bad situation here. Would love to know why Habibi ever got into the mix here.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5038 on: August 01, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »
Terry on Cariuma
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #5039 on: August 01, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »
Also, legitimate question, how the hell does someone hold you hostage via having your phone? What are you, 7 years old? Go to the proper authorities or gtfoh