Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 765534 times)

Mother Goose.

Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #4980 on: July 31, 2021, 05:54:20 PM »
Big ups Half Evil Sam. RIP Josiah

UndesiredUsername

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #4981 on: July 31, 2021, 06:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not gonna lie this thread's kinda fucking disgusting considering how this shit ended.

Disgusts me almost as much as the Chris Chan saga that wrapped up yesterday too.

Well, these fuckers are gonna die in prison now anyway, screenshot my post in the court case when the judge has to read 170 pages of madness.
[close]

Is there a thread anywhere here for the Chris Chan thing? I have no clue who the dude is but I’m curious.
[close]

Chris Chan is literally the most documented person in the history of the internet. They created a character called Sonichu, the electric hedgehog Pokémon, while in high school. They are a severely autistic transsexual woman, with a god complex that thinks this universe and their my little pony/Sonichu universe are going to merge and they will be god of that new universe.  They have recorded pretty much all of their thoughts over the last twenty years, and shared them with the internet. There are entire online communities dedicated to her. Most are dedicated to messing with them, though there are some reformed trolls now dedicated to making sure she is ok.
[close]

I always avoided posting in this thread and jumping on the “shalom” thing cuz I got sketchy vibes from dude post baker 3. Tbh surprised he didn’t murder his wife. Too bad dude wasn’t put under mental health arrest long ago.

Ok now that I got that out of the way, almost all of your 18 posts are about Kareem Campbell than u come left field with this amazing poem. Have a gnar

Tbh Kareems story is intriguing to me. He had one of the best styles of all time IMO, but couldn’t be bothered to step on a board consistently past like 2001, but still thinks there is a place for him to just come in and make money in skating 20 years later which is delusional as fuck. Also, his  obsession with City Stars is hilarious. I don’t actively skate much anymore because I have a degenerative spinal issue, so I just wax nostalgic and shitpost on the internette.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4982 on: July 31, 2021, 06:11:23 PM »
RIP josiah

so sorry for his friends and fam

fuck tk and habibi

RIP to Josiah, people that knew him are showing up here now and they deserve to have a place on slap to show their love, away from this, so I hope they make a thread for him.

agreed

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #4983 on: July 31, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not gonna lie this thread's kinda fucking disgusting considering how this shit ended.

Disgusts me almost as much as the Chris Chan saga that wrapped up yesterday too.

Well, these fuckers are gonna die in prison now anyway, screenshot my post in the court case when the judge has to read 170 pages of madness.
[close]

Is there a thread anywhere here for the Chris Chan thing? I have no clue who the dude is but I’m curious.
[close]

Chris Chan is literally the most documented person in the history of the internet. They created a character called Sonichu, the electric hedgehog Pokémon, while in high school. They are a severely autistic transsexual woman, with a god complex that thinks this universe and their my little pony/Sonichu universe are going to merge and they will be god of that new universe.  They have recorded pretty much all of their thoughts over the last twenty years, and shared them with the internet. There are entire online communities dedicated to her. Most are dedicated to messing with them, though there are some reformed trolls now dedicated to making sure she is ok.
I started listening to the Chris channel saga last year at work, having time to listen to podcasts all day and I have to say it is such a fucked up story. I had to look up what was new w Chris Chan and holy fuck. Like the story cldnt get any crazier. Fucking bananas

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4984 on: July 31, 2021, 07:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how many other recreational activities have had 3 separate pros beat someone to death
[close]

Football, wrestling, soccer probably
[close]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes
[close]

i didn’t say which sports have had pros that have been convicted of crimes- i said which have had pros who have beaten people to death.
[close]

control F murder

or on your phone do this

aaron hernandez shot someone. skateboarding has three separate dudes who have beaten people to death with their bare hands. i guess 4 if you count ben pappas.

thats a lot more visceral and rage filled than murdering someone with a gun. it’s troubling to me that it’s happened often enough to warrant a mention.

side note that’s a super interesting wiki article
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 07:12:43 PM by camp chill yourself »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #4985 on: July 31, 2021, 07:05:51 PM »
This is beyond, a tragic. This is tragic. Condolences to the victim's friends and family.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4986 on: July 31, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
Not that there is anything close to a silver lining in what is truly a tragic in so many ways, but I take comfort in thinking of the black-eye that the reputation of Hollywood Habibi, talent mismanager to the stars & dog sperm salesman, is going to take after this.
There’s a piece of me that feels bad for Terry too, since he probably should’ve received some help quite a while ago (from where/who, I don’t know, literally ANYBODY but Hollywood Habozo.)
And also, I feel a little sad for SLAP, as the whole shalom schtick has been a source of enjoyment for so many of us, but I think it may well be time to put that one to bed now & I’m sorry I distorted that cultural nugget for my own pleasure & standing, even if the intent was just for fun.

RIP to this young Josiah fellow; he seemed to be well loved by his community & it is already evident he will be missed.
Condolences to fellow SLAPper, @Justis on the needless loss of your homey.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:18:46 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4987 on: July 31, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »
Holy shit. This thread ended up in a darker place than I would ever have imagined.

RIP Josiah.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4988 on: July 31, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »
So before this gets any more promo, this is long out of proportion to where u guys wouldn't really understand, he goes hostage on Ig, types happy Thanjsgiving and skates in random shoes and everyone keeps repeating 'Shalom' and other things, it's not really cool ..
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4989 on: July 31, 2021, 09:16:41 PM »
This is awful. Fuck TK and fuck habibi. I can’t see TK making it long in prison with out getting the shit kick out of him once he starts talking about the mafia and ms13 and shit.

RIP Josiah. My condolences to his friends and family. Truly an awful situation.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4990 on: July 31, 2021, 09:25:03 PM »
This is so fucking sad and surreal on ALL levels that could’ve not happened .
REST IN PEACE @6bolts
You didn’t deserve this 💔💔💔
Taken way too early by one of our own .. Terry Kennedy
-
Could sit here and say Fuck TK .. but there’s more to it.
-
All the people that turned their back on TK could’ve helped him and now what ???
-
Easy to say fuck him now .. we are angry that he did this and didn’t see this coming .. he was just in our shop a few weeks ago .. we gave him some product and Dom was asking if he was good and tried to tell him he needed help .. but he said “shalom” and left with his bottom feeding crew .
-
Our condolences to Josiahs family and friends .. we are heart broken and no words can explain the sorrow we feel -
Rest easy @6bolts

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #4991 on: July 31, 2021, 10:54:59 PM »
Jesus Christ. We all knew TK was out there, but even with the “green light” he’d put on his girl, I never, ever, thought it would come to this. I had two Shalom stickers. One on my fridge, and one on a mirror in my room. Retired those to the garbage can. Absolutely nothing is Shalom about any of this. RIP to Josiah and my condolences to his friends and family. Based off of what info I’ve read, I hope TK rots in cook county before rotting in another prison once he’s sentenced. I just can’t believe this thread has come to an end with him murdering a kid a  county away from me.

Old_Dawg

• Rep: -24
« Reply #4992 on: July 31, 2021, 11:22:06 PM »
This thread merely follows the social media postings of TK, so i wouldn’t feel at all feel responsible for his actions, however terrible they were.

Looking back maybe there were some red flags along the way though..the posts of himself just smiling at the camera come to mind.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4993 on: August 01, 2021, 12:30:53 AM »
don't worry guys, habibo is going to plan a balloon release for the victim and give free tshirts to a few skaters, it's all good now.

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #4994 on: August 01, 2021, 12:46:49 AM »
Habibi literally just finished a live, dude rage quit because he was getting called out so much and couldn't handle it.

Calling for the skate community to back him as he plans a 'balloon launch' for Josiah's family.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4995 on: August 01, 2021, 12:49:09 AM »
Habibi literally just finished a live, dude rage quit because he was getting called out so much and couldn't handle it.

Calling for the skate community to back him as he plans a 'balloon launch' for Josiah's family.

don't forget about the petition to build a skatepark in his name...in long beach...the home of the guy who allegedly murdered him. is this guy regular?

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #4996 on: August 01, 2021, 01:56:28 AM »
RIP JOSIAH  :'( 
Habibi flaunting his new cars like nothing’s happened. Shame dude

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #4997 on: August 01, 2021, 03:58:29 AM »
RIP Josiah

My condolences to his friends and family

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4998 on: August 01, 2021, 04:16:39 AM »
RIP to that young man
feels weird to witness all of this

Makes me think about that time i asked for shalom stickers. Seemed fun in 2019
As cliché as it is, makes me reflect on how we all sometimes make fun of people while ignoring (or not) their mental state.
Not defending what he did, justice will take care of him. This whole thing is sad and unconfortable

coudn't get stickers, thread was making fun of my request

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4999 on: August 01, 2021, 04:29:51 AM »
This is horrendous and should never have happened to Josiah.

I’ve followed this thread since its beginning and yes obviously there have been instances of very unstable and troubling behaviour, but blaming this / a forum for making someone beat another human being to death is not something I can get behind.

TK and his mental health issues/ public decline being documented here is nothing new to either skateboarding or public figures in general. Are Marilyn Manson fans culpable in his (allegations of) abuse because they propped him up as the King of Edge/ “Shock” Rock?
This whole thing is fucked up and there will always been mean spirited people/posts but absolutely no one could have predicted this is how Terry would end up, so to speak.

Honestly though, I’m conflicted. I remember watching the Nexpo (I think) vid about Sonichu / Chris Chan while high and just felt overwhelming pity upset by the how people treated them.
 TK didn’t really interact with us in the same way as Chris did with the internet communities they were in. Same thing with the old guy who has websites dedicated to this “Timecube” thing he thought up which seemed to just be the result of him suffering from dementia or similar. Everyone was just laughing at him and feeding his delusions.

Shalom became a meme and I bought the stickers too, it didn’t seem worrying to me back then.
I know TK is somewhat aware of Shalom being co-opted to some degree. But was anyone on Slap actually encouraging his delusions? I don’t know..

But In all of these people’s situations, it’s unclear to me how much input and help was actually offered by those who are actually close to the person in question. I’m not talking about Reynolds and the Baker guys - but the “except Andrew Reynolds” etc maybe needs looked into more - I’m thinking more of those who have been around TK in the last few years.

No matter what he is or was going through, it obviously does not excuse what Terry has done. He put that man through hell and took his life and should now be tried and punished for doing so.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5000 on: August 01, 2021, 05:06:47 AM »
As someone whose been in and out of mental hospitals, to me the signs were very clear that tk is 100% deranged and capable of hurting himself/others.

I don’t think anyone should feel guilty for saying shalom or this thread. Can’t diagnose someone thru a computer screen but chances are tk had a fucked up child hood, wasn’t educated, got shot (insanely traumatizing for the Brain) then basically became a mini celebrity and then watched it all crash.

Unfortunately someone like tk should’ve gone the dave chapelle route, take the money from bet buy some land in Ohio and peace out but Dave chapelle is wayyy more educated than tk and never got shot

Tk ended up around people like habibi, probably constantly filling his head with gang shit and telling him he’s a “superstar” and “can do anything”

tk problems probably just as much psychological(thoughts and words) as physiological (chemical and tissue).  Who knows what drugs he was taking on top of all this. Maybe people like nakel will take this as a warning to stop glorifying murdering and gang shit with music and grow the fuck up

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #5001 on: August 01, 2021, 05:17:55 AM »
What’s up with Chis Chan?

Also, FUCK TK. I hope he rots in jail.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #5002 on: August 01, 2021, 05:35:41 AM »
The timeline of the last decade for terry has been off, I think this goes back further than we might think. It looks like his gang banging may have been a decade in the works. Baker has a deathwish was his last part (2008). Then gets kicked off supra. Then being kicked off baker in 2018. Also, claiming he killed a cop in 2017 puts that whole quitting baker/erratic behaviour around that time. From the quality of footage he put out on Instagram over the last 2 years it’s very clear he had not skated for a very, very long time.
Honestly, im sure people around him would have tried to help him, it doesn’t make sense that they wouldn’t. So I don’t think a blame game is a productive thing right now. I just feel utter sorrow for this poor kid that passed, and also Terry’s kids, they just lost their dad.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #5003 on: August 01, 2021, 05:36:51 AM »
As someone whose been in and out of mental hospitals, to me the signs were very clear that tk is 100% deranged and capable of hurting himself/others.

I don’t think anyone should feel guilty for saying shalom or this thread. Can’t diagnose someone thru a computer screen but chances are tk had a fucked up child hood, wasn’t educated, got shot (insanely traumatizing for the Brain) then basically became a mini celebrity and then watched it all crash.

Unfortunately someone like tk should’ve gone the dave chapelle route, take the money from bet buy some land in Ohio and peace out but Dave chapelle is wayyy more educated than tk and never got shot

Tk ended up around people like habibi, probably constantly filling his head with gang shit and telling him he’s a “superstar” and “can do anything”

tk problems probably just as much psychological(thoughts and words) as physiological (chemical and tissue).  Who knows what drugs he was taking on top of all this. Maybe people like nakel will take this as a warning to stop glorifying murdering and gang shit with music and grow the fuck up
Why do we always have to compare black people to eachother

Fhk

« Reply #5004 on: August 01, 2021, 05:47:24 AM »
like others have said..rot in prison.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #5005 on: August 01, 2021, 05:54:17 AM »

Again what’s up with CC I haven’t watched his channel in probably 4-5 years.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5006 on: August 01, 2021, 06:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Again what’s up with CC I haven’t watched his channel in probably 4-5 years.

It’s a different Chris Chan. Not the skateboarder.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5007 on: August 01, 2021, 06:30:42 AM »
Man, this shit definitely didn’t come outta left field but I can’t lie and say my buddies and I didn’t have fun with saying “shalom” and “put em in the sky” to each other on a regular basis for a while. We all feel super fucked up now for making light of something that was obviously serious.

This is a lesson in moral responsibility and compassion that we should all pay mind to heading forward. RIP Josiah what a fucked up tragedy.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #5008 on: August 01, 2021, 06:35:41 AM »
As cliché as it is, makes me reflect on how we all sometimes make fun of people while ignoring (or not) their mental state.

Sometimes for 160 pages.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

InfiniteSadness

• Rep: -8
« Reply #5009 on: August 01, 2021, 07:12:28 AM »
I found this thread in google after hearing about what happened. 

I watched part of Terry's 2017 "9 Club" interview last night, and imo he seems minimally like he might have bipolar disorder.  He seemed way too emotional/passionate about skate clips and stuff on there... Nothing wrong with being passionate but the way he was talking, something about it struck me as someone who had some kind of mental health imbalance going on such as bipolar mania.  I'm not sure though if I'd watched it under another context if I would have picked up on it in the same way.

I've been around other pro-skaters who've seemed kind of off in their behavior & claimed bizarre things (not in a way that I feel they're a danger to themselves or others), and it's made me wonder about the occurrences of CTE in skateboarding.   CTE, the illness that has been blamed for causing Aaron Hernandez to murder people & later on kill himself, is caused by multiple head traumas.  Most skaters hit their head at one point or another.  I'm sure most pro's have had multiple concussions and TBI's.   Couple that with the fact most pro's start skating(or now going pro) as kids or teenagers when their brains are still developing, thus making the potential damage & CTE worse than in a fully developed adult with the same injuries.

This whole situation is extremely sad.  Sending massive amounts of love & support to Josiah's family.