Author Topic: Why is palace so expensive?  (Read 18079 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Why is palace so expensive?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 06:18:30 AM »
Damn, if only i knew i could sell that hat for 10x what i got it for, before i fucked it up

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That shirt isn't the only thing SP gave RiRi in Queens.
[close]

this dude fucked rihanna?
[close]

yes

The way I heard it, there is a little Powers on the way...

Ivor86

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote
because all their shit is WIGGETY WIGGETY WHACK
[close]

HAHA!

Seriously though, I'ma snap up some Palace shit from my local then flog it for mega bucks and buy myself a mansion with the profits.
Kickflip yo dick!

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
it's because crackaz gon' crack. niggaz gon' nig. gookz gon' stoop. and wetbackz gon' bid.

liver knees

• Rep: -4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
you people are ridiculous.  everything palace has done has been sick.  you're all just trying to find things to hate on because they're getting a little popular outside of skating.  god forbid anyone finds out about our secret little club.  you all should be happy that a small skater-owned brand, that supports real down and dirty city skating is getting a little shine.  instead, y'all come up with all this nitpicky shit.

its 2012.  its time to stop worrying about other dudes pants. 

you people are ridiculous.  everything palace has done has been sick.  you're all just trying to find things to hate on because they're getting a little popular outside of skating.  god forbid anyone finds out about our secret little club.  you all should be happy that a small skater-owned brand, that supports real down and dirty city skating is getting a little shine.  instead, y'all come up with all this nitpicky shit.

Slap: A place where people go to moan about what skateboard companies do to make money.

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 11:49:57 AM »
it's expensive because it's so [R A R E]

tobbe

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes
[close]

The way I heard it, there is a little Powers on the way...

I really hope they name it Max

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes

Damn. I thought I saw them at queens center mall a few months ago, thought I was trippin. Espy always be baggin so I guess he's been on it. All hail the Sbarro condiments and food court.

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
why do hipsters say trill now? to be ironic?  that is very ironic
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

BleachBeach

• Rep: -5
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »

Dude looks like dude...

I sincerely hope he gave it to her like boom boom boom naaa naaaaaa

wheee!

Pooch

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 05:02:46 AM »
The bullshit continues...60 quid brand new! Jog on dick heads!

http://www.slamcity.com/clothing/caps-and-beanies/palace-caps.html

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »
I said it before, but I think palace is super wack.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Free Max B
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 07:20:44 AM »
I GOT MAD PALACE SHIT FOR SALE FAMS HIT ME UP STANDARD SHIPPING IS $50 DOMESTIC NIKKAS KNOW WHATS GOOD.  ABSOLUTE FUCKING GEMELEMS B $70 TEES $50 HATS $200 UMBRO SHIRTS. PM ME AND WELL GET SHIT POPPIN FREE MAX B
FREE MAX B

jhskates84

• Rep: -14
  • Halleujah, Holla back
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »
what the fuck is palace? haha forgive me for my obliviousness.  I've seen a few decks, but never knew they had a clothing company >.> <.<

Pooch

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »
what the fuck is palace? haha forgive me for my obliviousness.  I've seen a few decks, but never knew they had a clothing company >.> <.<

Good question...

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/boy-lucien-clarke

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »

ASAP Rocky.

and is this shawn powers fuckin rhianna shit real or just speculation?
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:08 AM »

its time to stop being a dickrider

Pooch

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
If your gonna start charging skateboarders 60 quid for a baseball cap you at least need something to back it up with other than a couple of 2 minute youtube vignettes and a sports casuals collaboration - and even then - that shits questionable! I don't dislike them personally- they seem like good guys and chewy cannon is a brilliant skater but I don't understand the popularity at all. The last thing I need is more nostalgia and if triangles were a celebrity they would have had a corpse or 2 fished out their swimming pool about 3 years ago

elevate

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's real! get the joke now?

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »
their RRPs annoy me... only ppl that can afford to rock their gear are fashionistas with lots of cash to splash on clothes or homies that get hooked up free... what about us poor sk8rs ? they should have a [s e c r e t] online webstore only accessible by true woodpushers with those r/a/r/e price points...

Their decks are well priced though which is the most important thing... dont really like that dwindle wood tho

buildafire

• Rep: 4
    • Bite My Wire. I interview musicians and skateboarders avatar image
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »
The thing is, Palace don't advertise. They genuinely don't care. They make super good boards and sell their clothes at those prices because hipsters will buy them. And then Lev, Chewy, Lucien and all can buy more weed. It's simple, but everybody's looking for some crazy explanation. It's some mates having fun. As skateboarders, you don't need to feel obliged to buy a ?60 hat. The t-shirts retail at ?30, which is only about ?5 more than other skate company shirts.

This might help:

How do you embed?

Pooch

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
That b-side 50-50 at the end is fucked up! Blowin it with that elite overpriced shit.
Jus keep it dirty.

Still - they hammered the final nail in blueprints coffin thank fuck!
No more 'make friends with the colour brown' business!
I hope palace drop a bangin dvd though and shut me the fuck up!

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
I believe i read somewhere that Lev just said they market to people who are into those hypebeast things.
And they make the shit more expensive so they can use the hype to pay the skaters.

Pooch

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
I believe i read somewhere that Lev just said they market to people who are into those hypebeast things.
And they make the shit more expensive so they can use the hype to pay the skaters.

Thats rad that the moneys going to the riders but Palace could do with sorting their demographic out - unless they're in it to make a quick quid. Their marketing strategy is almost identical to Supremes with overpriced garms - internet hype and piss dribbles of footage. They are a sign of the times and the sort of people who buy 60 quid caps are the sort of people who will drop Palace like a turd as soon as someone creates a nostalgia fuelled company with a square logo.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
No one mentioned the Umbro collaboration?

http://www.slamcity.com/palace-x-umbro-italia-90-third-jersey-white.html

Pretty sick - I like the soccer x skater  collaboration idea, it just seems like a natural fit.
Even Creature made soccer balls at one point:

If Palace can do one with Umbro - then why not Le Coq Sportif, Hummel, Kappa, Lotto Etc.

I'd like to see more of that in the USA, but i'm not holding my breath - and i'm kinda over spending money on clothes if i'm not in a brick & mortar. I still like to go in a shop and see what's in stock.

Pooch

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=64834.msg1757309#msg1757309 date=1348171664
Expand Quote
No one mentioned the Umbro collaboration?

http://www.slamcity.com/palace-x-umbro-italia-90-third-jersey-white.html
[close]

Pretty sick - I like the soccer x skater  collaboration idea, it just seems like a natural fit.
Even Creature made soccer balls at one point:

If Palace can do one with Umbro - then why not Le Coq Sportif, Hummel, Kappa, Lotto Etc.

I'd like to see more of that in the USA, but i'm not holding my breath - and i'm kinda over spending money on clothes if i'm not in a brick & mortar. I still like to go in a shop and see what's in stock.

Antihero x Slazenger golf caddy...

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Free Max B
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's real! get the joke now?
SP THE GHOST GETTIN IT IN MIAMI...AND THE QUEENSCENTERMALL SCRAP WHAT YOU THINK RIHANNA HAD SOME OTHER TYPE OF CONNECT FAMBULAMPSS?? THIS SP NIKKAS ROOTS DEEP IN QUEENS YALL SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE YOUNG MAN WHEN SHE WAS OUT HERE FREE MAX B
FREE MAX B