Would you agree

Yes
149 (48.5%)
No
106 (34.5%)
Results
52 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 303

Author Topic: FA should stand for Fucking Awful  (Read 13432 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -279
Re: FA should stand for Fucking Awful
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

You are giving Dill WAY too much credit, when the logo itself isn’t even an original font, how can you honestly believe all that to be true?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »
Expand Quote
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
[close]

You are giving Dill WAY too much credit, when the logo itself isn’t even an original font, how can you honestly believe all that to be true?

I don't think he does.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2022, 03:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're responding to a modified Mr. Robot copypasta, you took the bait my dude.   :(
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

conqueso

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2022, 04:15:31 PM »
foolish asperations

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2022, 11:11:23 PM »
Failing Atrocity

Forget About (Jimi B(r)itches) ?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

chrisskates808

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2022, 11:46:30 PM »
Failing Atrocity

I literally forgot about Jimi Britches 🤣

Didn’t he get fired or something because of the beef with him and grant? I don’t remember much details

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1346
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2022, 11:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Failing Atrocity

[close]

I literally forgot about Jimi Britches 🤣

Didn’t he get fired or something because of the beef with him and grant? I don’t remember much details

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2022, 12:19:31 AM »
> Hangs with insta bikers who rock swazis
> Started beef in a vegan restaurant
> May have funneled some money out of the company to fund who knows what?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2022, 04:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're responding to a modified Mr. Robot copypasta, you took the bait my dude.   :(

Oh shit I thought we was a FA aficionado

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2022, 04:58:10 AM »
It is disappointing they became poor man’s supreme, the shorter wheelbases really fit my proportions and I’ve always felt good on one.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2022, 05:05:04 AM »
Skating a bunch of FA boards made me hate steep concave and realize girl is the best to ever do it.
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »
I wish it was Filthy Apes  :(

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2022, 07:59:53 AM »
Did they put their stinkin' paws on you?

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 287
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did they put their stinkin' paws on you?
Damn dirty apes!

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2022, 01:03:59 PM »
Why hate on FA when when Mike Taylor is still on planet earth ? Who is truly more fucking awful than Mike Taylor ?

*maybe Jason Jesse

This message is not endorsed by Mike Taylor or Joey Brenzinski.

Grey Poupon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »
Flaccid Appendage.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2022, 01:31:15 PM »
Someone left an FA board at the bushes at the local spot on Monday. I left a hoodie with stains on it and some clapped out Blazers yesterday. The FA deck was still there today haha. Brand new without grip and no one wanted it.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2022, 01:36:00 PM »
Someone left an FA board at the bushes at the local spot on Monday. I left a hoodie with stains on it and some clapped out Blazers yesterday. The FA deck was still there today haha. Brand new without grip and no one wanted it.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2022, 01:54:00 PM »

Dude you sure it was not a Darkstar Ryan Decenzo board ?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2022, 02:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude you sure it was not a Darkstar Ryan Decenzo board ?

Do they even sell those outside of fly over state Walmarts?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2255
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2022, 07:16:14 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2022, 09:43:52 PM »

chrisskates808

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2022, 12:10:45 AM »
foolish asperations

:D

Absolutely correct

fs5050

• Rep: -10
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2022, 08:51:19 AM »
Like most things in skating it started off cool and still isn’t uncool yet since they get new people. I personally didn’t like the nak board I had before so I would never let fa tax me for an extra $20 and even more dislike for all the people that think wearing it at my local surburban area that think they are edgy. It’s also kinda just too hype for me like it’s not a zumiez brand but sometimes the people I see wearing it make me feel like it should be cause people love marketing and fitting into molds

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fucking awful take

It went over your head.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2022, 02:58:35 PM »
I think the 8.25 deck is just something a lot of people are into, and can just buy the more tolerable graphics.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2022, 05:46:25 PM »
What’re we doing? Talking about Dill….

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2022, 05:47:25 PM »
hockey is alright though, right?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2022, 05:53:24 PM »
I still think it’s funny that when FA announced they were gonna become a board brand, Slap collectively proclaimed that it would never work , the name was too stupid, dill was an idiot, and it wouldn’t last 6 months, and then they proceeded to be the best selling brand directly out of the gate
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pulaski

• Rep: -5
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2022, 06:08:03 PM »
what does Paul Allen think about FA?