Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 796445 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7560 on: October 29, 2023, 08:46:23 AM »
corny n dorky  8)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7561 on: October 29, 2023, 09:07:42 AM »
Has anyone ran into this really annoying "feature" with the white/navy/clear 440's? The sole seems to leave a white residue on griptape. I had a fresh grip on my deck and I was wearing a new pair of these shoes, and in like 5 minutes the grip was all messed up with this white shit. First I thought it was dust from the indoor park but then I noticed no one else had any of it on their decks, so I realized that the sole of the shoe is doing this. Never happened before with any other shoe. The sole on these is some weird semi-translucent white stuff. Thumbs down.

Bloody annoying. Seems like I'm gonna be wearing these as chillers only from now on. Someone with more energy for effort could probably make a complaint to NB#.

Could you post a photo? I also thought it was just dust from my board but I skated a new one today for the first with my 808 (the almost all blacks) and a griptape cleaner didn't took it out :(
I'll have to leave them for chill too

Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #7562 on: October 29, 2023, 09:19:11 AM »

Could you post a photo? I also thought it was just dust from my board but I skated a new one today for the first with my 808 (the almost all blacks) and a griptape cleaner didn't took it out :(

Sorry bro, I already cleaned up my grip, did it with a vacuum cleaner w/ a narrow nozzle -- works wonders in grip cleaning btw. My grip looked considerably worse than yours, though -- could be because it was brand new Pepper which is very grippy.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7563 on: October 29, 2023, 10:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sorry bro, I already cleaned up my grip, did it with a vacuum cleaner w/ a narrow nozzle -- works wonders in grip cleaning btw. My grip looked considerably worse than yours, though -- could be because it was brand new Pepper which is very grippy.
This one is Jessup Ultra, tried to broom it and those griptape cleaners. No luck.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7564 on: October 29, 2023, 11:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This one is Jessup Ultra, tried to broom it and those griptape cleaners. No luck.

I’ve always had pretty bad luck with grip cleaners. I generally just hit my grip with compressed air if it needs a clean, and anything that doesn’t blow off lives there.

I figure part of using grip is accepting that parts of your shoe will likely get stuck in the grip over time. Using an air compressor does work quite well though for dust and such, so if you’ve got one, and you get a nozzle you can aim and blow air with, see what results you get.

rothdigga

• Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7565 on: October 29, 2023, 12:51:05 PM »
No worries been a bunch of convo in this thread lately. Tough to follow at times.

Wasn’t sure if discussed but the “coffee and donuts” 480CND … (cease & desist dbl meaning?) ha.. is limited to 600 pairs total?
Very small run actually.  CND was for coffee and donuts but an unintentional double meaning.  Less pairs than what you said, I only gave them to my east coast reps to make disappear. 

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7566 on: October 29, 2023, 03:56:43 PM »
New tiago

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7567 on: October 29, 2023, 04:33:44 PM »
I'm eyeing the 600s (and maybe the 480s...kinda over the 'dunk look' now) - I see you SPoT 30% off...how do they fit from someone that wears a 9.5 in the 440s, 10 in 255s, and 10.5 in both tiagos?

As they are the 'square toes' I'm tempted to bump to 10.5 (westgates and tiagos) but the 440s also square I had to drop down.

Damnit NB# and you're all over the place with sizing :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:26:26 PM by Xen »

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #7568 on: October 29, 2023, 04:41:12 PM »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7569 on: October 29, 2023, 08:47:18 PM »
I'm eyeing the 600s (and maybe the 480s...kinda over the 'dunk look' now) - I see you SPoT 30% off...how do they fit from someone that wears a 9.5 in the 440s, 10 in 255s, and 10.5 in both tiagos?

As they are the 'square toes' I'm tempted to bump to 10.5 (westgates and tiagos) but the 440s also square I had to drop down.

I wear the same in every NB shoe aside from the 272 or am not picky. Tried on at my local, fit the same for me- size 10. Ordered through SPoT cuz I wanted the black and my local only had the white. Was on VPN on my work laptop and got one of those "sign up first time visitor" things and got extra off too I'll report more on fit when I get more time wearing them around.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7570 on: October 29, 2023, 09:25:11 PM »
SpoT is out of 10s in the blk.

Pretty much said fuckNB# today and bought some nike leo's, in a 10, instead... because I know they'll fit; I can't be bothered to buy two of each NB# and deal with returning them (since no one around me local carries enough variety to try on.

Hope they fit!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:43:46 PM by Xen »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7571 on: October 30, 2023, 01:51:58 AM »

I feel that before, like on 868 time, was way worse.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7572 on: October 30, 2023, 02:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I remember everyone pretty much agreed 0.5 up on 868
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7573 on: October 30, 2023, 04:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I remember everyone pretty much agreed 0.5 up on 868
True dat. At that time I didn't knew tho 😅 imagine my surprise when I did the +.5 on my after purchase: 420... Those needed a whole -1. I felt I was walking on clown shoes
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #7574 on: October 30, 2023, 05:25:04 AM »
SpoT is out of 10s in the blk.

Pretty much said fuckNB# today and bought some nike leo's, in a 10, instead... because I know they'll fit; I can't be bothered to buy two of each NB# and deal with returning them (since no one around me local carries enough variety to try on.

Hope they fit!

yeah nikes just seem to fit. i’m not sure how they figured it out.

rikki

« Reply #7575 on: October 30, 2023, 05:32:09 AM »
Got my 600s today. TTS, great fit at 10 for me. Haven't skated them yet apart from a few ollies in my hallway, but they feel pretty much awesome. Light, supportive and balanced.

rothdigga

« Reply #7576 on: October 30, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »
Slam City did a nice write up on our NM600 Knox launch out there over the weekend along with a little video recap at the bottom of the page.  We brought our skate team and 30-40 shops from all over Europe to do some skating, see some product and celebrate all things Tom Knox,  launch his shoe and see a demo.  Was great to spread some love across the pond with Numeric skate event.
https://blog.slamcity.com/nb-tom-knox-launch-gallery/

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #7577 on: October 30, 2023, 03:37:40 PM »
Slam City did a nice write up on our NM600 Knox launch out there over the weekend along with a little video recap at the bottom of the page.  We brought our skate team and 30-40 shops from all over Europe to do some skating, see some product and celebrate all things Tom Knox,  launch his shoe and see a demo.  Was great to spread some love across the pond with Numeric skate event.

So sick!

I have two questions, any chance we'll get to see Jacob's retrospective video and is the zine a friends and family only type deal?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #7578 on: October 30, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
@rothdigga @mini greek seems like that Tom Knox 600 lends itself very easily to an all-synthetic upper…

rothdigga

« Reply #7579 on: October 30, 2023, 04:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So sick!

I have two questions, any chance we'll get to see Jacob's retrospective video and is the zine a friends and family only type deal?
I think that retrospective video will be up for the public to consume at some point...yes
I think the Zine was just for the launch party and show and won't be available unless you were there. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #7580 on: October 30, 2023, 09:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

So sick!

[close]
I think that retrospective video will be up for the public to consume at some point...yes
I think the Zine was just for the launch party and show and won't be available unless you were there.

What is the deal with the 600 on the 288 sole??    That colorway looks nice

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #7581 on: October 30, 2023, 11:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

So sick!

[close]
[close]

It's not the same sole, but definitely similar looking. The 288 bottom is totally different and it isn't stitched on the upper like the 600 either. 288 seems to have a more flat and vulc vibe.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7582 on: October 30, 2023, 11:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

So sick!

[close]
[close]

[close]

It's not the same sole, but definitely similar looking. The 288 bottom is totally different and it isn't stitched on the upper like the 600 either. 288 seems to have a more flat and vulc vibe.

No look in the article - there’s a photo of what I’m talking about.   When they were originally testing it, they put the upper on a 288 sole

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7583 on: October 31, 2023, 01:28:29 AM »

Good looking cw
Btw the absolute banger on that demo was Dave noseslide. Damn.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7584 on: October 31, 2023, 01:59:29 AM »

Good looking cw
Btw the absolute banger on that demo was Dave noseslide. Damn.

Yeah this shoe is going to hurt me if it continues this trend.   I’m already debating getting both launch colorways and this colorway would get a heavy consideration as well

rikki

« Reply #7585 on: October 31, 2023, 06:37:40 AM »
Skated the Knox 600 for the first time today. Break-in time was pretty nonexistent, apart from a bit of stepping around at home yesterday.

I don't know man, these shoes just might be the best shoes I've ever skated.

Might need a couple of sessions more to write that down in blood, but all I'm saying is that they are f*cking awesome. The fit is pretty much perfect, the sole provides ample protection but still offers great boardfeel, the overall feel of the shoe is light and well-balanced, the grip is really nice, what can I say, a great, great product. When I originally jumped on the NB# train I was stoked first on the 440 low and then the 508, which are both great shoes, but this one just takes it up another notch. And yeah, they are basically instantly skateable. No need to walk around on them for days. Just go.

If I had to come up with a criticism, it would probably only be the absence of tongue straps. But that's not really an issue. I only noticed that the tongue of my left shoe had moved a bit when I was taking the shoes off after the session.

Very happy with this shoe. Hats off, NB#.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7586 on: October 31, 2023, 07:00:10 AM »
Skated the Knox 600 for the first time today. Break-in time was pretty nonexistent, apart from a bit of stepping around at home yesterday.

Might need a couple of sessions more to write that down in blood, but all I'm saying is that they are f*cking awesome. The fit is pretty much perfect, the sole provides ample protection but still offers great boardfeel, the overall feel of the shoe is light and well-balanced, the grip is really nice, what can I say, a great, great product. When I originally jumped on the NB# train I was stoked first on the 440 low and then the 508, which are both great shoes, but this one just takes it up another notch. And yeah, they are basically instantly skateable. No need to walk around on them for days. Just go.

If I had to come up with a criticism, it would probably only be the absence of tongue straps. But that's not really an issue. I only noticed that the tongue of my left shoe had moved a bit when I was taking the shoes off after the session.

Mine should arrive on Thursday, super nice excited. So happy for Tom, dude deserves everything. Getting SOTY would be the cherry on top
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7587 on: October 31, 2023, 07:04:04 AM »
Bummed I didn't pull the trigger on the SPOT deal but I had just bought 2 pair of 480's and couldn't justify.  The black pair looks awesome

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7588 on: October 31, 2023, 07:04:48 AM »

Dude. Chill. Now I am even more tempted to try this shoe. May I ask which size you get in NB# and which size do you wear in other shoe companies? I am somewhere between 7.5 US and 8 US in Adidas, Lakai, Vans and Sole Tech. The NB# 306 in a US 7.5 fit the best so far but I can't wear Vulc shoes anymore. I would also like to try the 1010, but there I also don't know which size I should try. Really like the things New Balance are doing but I haven't found a shoe that fits me.
IG: @flowterspace

rikki

« Reply #7589 on: October 31, 2023, 07:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude. Chill. Now I am even more tempted to try this shoe. May I ask which size you get in NB# and which size do you wear in other shoe companies? I am somewhere between 7.5 US and 8 US in Adidas, Lakai, Vans and Sole Tech. The NB# 306 in a US 7.5 fit the best so far but I can't wear Vulc shoes anymore. I would also like to try the 1010, but there I also don't know which size I should try. Really like the things New Balance are doing but I haven't found a shoe that fits me.

Haha. Just sayin' how it is in my experience. :D It's not like NB# is paying me for this.

I would say it's either 7.5 or 8 for you. Maybe 8, if you wanna be sure not to get a too snug fit. I skated eS size 10 before moving on to NB# and all the NB# shoes (440, 508 and now 600) have been 10 for me. Haven't tried the 1010 so can't say anything about that one.