Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798232 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8190 on: January 04, 2024, 12:13:32 PM »
Are 480 going to be in catalogue or they're done? It seems that we got flooded with too many cw in little time and now nothing.
Don’t think so. We know black highs are coming, and someone said there were some mostly black and white lows coming.

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8191 on: January 04, 2024, 12:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Re: the wide 574s.. A little google digging shows that a wide version was already released a few years ago, and based on these reviews, they were still narrower than regular width shoes.  Looking at the underside view on the NB site, the shape slims down so much behind the toebox that even an extra 1/2” wouldn’t give you much midfoot room at all. 

Hate to be such a diva over this, but would really like an actual measurement diagram, or comparison pictures, or anything that’s actually helpful in determining if this shoe would be a good fit or not.  Evidently, many of the previous “wide” 574 purchasers weren’t happy, and it would be good to know if NB addressed these issues or are just putting the same shoe out again.

Same goes for the 272, 440v2, and any future wide models.
[close]
The older 574's were cupsole and the Numeric NM574's are a vulc so they will for sure have a different fit than those reviewed above. 
I don't know what the stats are but will ask the design team on how much wider the 2E really is but from my limited knowledge, the 2E mold is pretty standard between our models across NB.  People who were looking for the wide shoes previously that reviewed might have really been looking for 4E or something on the much wider scale.  I feel like someone skating who just needs a little extra space width wise should benefit from the 2E's here.
[close]

Skate shoes most likely to fit hobbit feet:
6. Dunk/Jordan 1
5. Marana
4. Tyshawn Lows/Pros, Campus, Nora's
3. Project BA
2. Am574, CT574 All Coasts 574, or AM425, all in 2e (@rothdigga was there a major difference in the construction of these 574 models? They all seem identical to me). Maybe those reviews were for really large feet but for short/wide feet this shoe rules. Can’t wait for my 2e Vulcs to arrive…
1. Asics Vic NBD is unequivocally the widest skate shoe I’ve ever tried. I need to size down on my next pair to properly skate them though. However with half the shoe being mesh they aren’t ideal for PNW winters. Oddly enough a NB rep in Portland told me to check out shoes made for Asian markets because they typically have wider feet and thus their shoes wider lasts.
Hope this helps.

Also, are we getting 440 highs in 2e?

all of those AM574/CT574/All Coast 574's were essentially the same thing, a cupsole version of the 574 designed out of our office but in both D (standard width) and 2E (wide).  The newer 574 is a vulc shoe and totally different.  I agree that I'm assuming the reviews were mostly from non-skaters with REALLY wide feet that those just didn't work for. 
We will have 440V2 hi's in wide, just not this batch coming in Feb with the launch. 

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8192 on: January 05, 2024, 05:31:48 AM »
The 440 V2 look more durable. Appears that there’s more material under the upper (the blue ones, by the ollie area).

rikki

• Rep: 301
« Reply #8193 on: January 05, 2024, 07:01:05 AM »
I really like the new look. Might have to consider selling some of my NB#'s that are still on ice, def interested in trying the new lows out.

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #8194 on: January 05, 2024, 07:08:00 AM »
Are 480 going to be in catalogue or they're done? It seems that we got flooded with too many cw in little time and now nothing.

480s start appearing in the catalog a little later this year. if i had to guess there will be some one off colorways before then to tide you over

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #8195 on: January 05, 2024, 07:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

480s start appearing in the catalog a little later this year. if i had to guess there will be some one off colorways before then to tide you over

Screenshots?

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #8196 on: January 05, 2024, 08:05:01 AM »
The 440 V2 look more durable. Appears that there’s more material under the upper (the blue ones, by the ollie area).

The highs look so much better without the big panel on the back above the heel, the less branding the better! Even though the N is bigger. 

rothdigga

« Reply #8197 on: January 05, 2024, 09:17:29 AM »
Just a little break on drops for the 480's since Jan is usually NOT the month to be doing those.  But we've got more colorways coming this year plus the more basic colorways mentioned in the catalog for Fall 24. 

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8198 on: January 05, 2024, 10:04:08 AM »
@rothdigga I made a SLAP account just so I could beg you to please do everything in your power to keep the 480 hightop in the lineup for as long as possible. It's the perfect shoe for me, thinner than a dunk, bulkier than a 440, the little notch in the achilles, everything is just exactly what I'm looking for. My feet seem to like NB sizing too which is another huge bonus. Can't wait for more colorways, I'll probably buy them all.

Just noticed my "@" didn't work, idk why. I'm sure you'll see this anyway.

rothdigga

« Reply #8199 on: January 05, 2024, 11:27:25 AM »
@rothdigga I made a SLAP account just so I could beg you to please do everything in your power to keep the 480 hightop in the lineup for as long as possible. It's the perfect shoe for me, thinner than a dunk, bulkier than a 440, the little notch in the achilles, everything is just exactly what I'm looking for. My feet seem to like NB sizing too which is another huge bonus. Can't wait for more colorways, I'll probably buy them all.

I'll do my best.  We have 3 coming out in 2024 so you should be covered by those I would think, 2 of them are just good basics with an all black and all white option.  Usually with hi's we don't do a ton of them but will always keep a couple coming out every year.  Hope that works for you!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #8200 on: January 05, 2024, 11:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'll do my best.  We have 3 coming out in 2024 so you should be covered by those I would think, 2 of them are just good basics with an all black and all white option.  Usually with hi's we don't do a ton of them but will always keep a couple coming out every year.  Hope that works for you!
I'm on the same page as Rick, stoked to hear there's more colorways coming out soon since I'll definitely be copping more of these joints

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #8201 on: January 05, 2024, 11:39:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for they reply man. When/if the time comes for the sun to set on this glorious shoe, please give us a heads up on here so i can stock up! lol

rothdigga

« Reply #8202 on: January 05, 2024, 12:21:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for they reply man. When/if the time comes for the sun to set on this glorious shoe, please give us a heads up on here so i can stock up! lol
Let's hope this star burns brightly before it goes away on us all.  I'll for sure give you a heads up but it's gonna be years I'm guessing.

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #8203 on: January 05, 2024, 01:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Let's hope this star burns brightly before it goes away on us all.  I'll for sure give you a heads up but it's gonna be years I'm guessing.

Hell yea, I sure hope so.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8204 on: January 05, 2024, 02:42:41 PM »
Currently skating my last pair of 808 which are getting destroyed faster than usual but probably is because I suit skating free grip that came with boards and changed to Jessup.
After I have the lovely 480BOS and some 600. Hope by the time I'll need to get shoes 440 V2 will be available.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

firexneck

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8205 on: January 05, 2024, 05:13:32 PM »
The older 574's were cupsole and the Numeric NM574's are a vulc so they will for sure have a different fit than those reviewed above. 
I don't know what the stats are but will ask the design team on how much wider the 2E really is but from my limited knowledge, the 2E mold is pretty standard between our models across NB.  People who were looking for the wide shoes previously that reviewed might have really been looking for 4E or something on the much wider scale.  I feel like someone skating who just needs a little extra space width wise should benefit from the 2E's here.
[/quote]

Has there been any talk about making a 4E skate shoe? I'm an F width so I will take all the width I can get. I use a pair of y'all's 4E for trail running they work alright.

rothdigga

« Reply #8206 on: January 05, 2024, 06:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Has there been any talk about making a 4E skate shoe? I'm an F width so I will take all the width I can get. I use a pair of y'all's 4E for trail running they work alright.
[/quote]
We haven't really discussed that as I'm not 100% sure how many we could sell to make up for the cost of doing those molds to be honest.  Not that it's always about the bottom line but you have to take it into consideration.  F width is up there for sure.  I wonder what other alternatives there are for you.  Maybe if these 2E's go off right away it'll be in the mix for us.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8207 on: January 05, 2024, 08:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Skate shoes most likely to fit hobbit feet:
6. Dunk/Jordan 1
5. Marana
4. Tyshawn Lows/Pros, Campus, Nora's
3. Project BA
2. Am574, CT574 All Coasts 574, or AM425, all in 2e (@rothdigga was there a major difference in the construction of these 574 models? They all seem identical to me). Maybe those reviews were for really large feet but for short/wide feet this shoe rules. Can’t wait for my 2e Vulcs to arrive…
1. Asics Vic NBD is unequivocally the widest skate shoe I’ve ever tried.
[close]

Dunks/Js, okay sure.  Maranas, yuck.  BAs, can I borrow your time machine?  Asics Vic NBD, link that isn’t a reseller?  Tyshawn, fuck that guy.  Campus and Noras, look at this sole pic and tell me with a straight face they’re wide;

What's wrong with the Marana (and also Joslin since it's similar)?
They're definitely slightly wider than standard skate shoes. If you don't like a simple looking cupsole / etnies as a brand, I do get that if that's you're reason tho
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8208 on: January 05, 2024, 08:44:56 PM »

FYI, your @ function won't work until you've reached a certain number of posts and become a member type that allows you to use it on here. I think it's when you reach 500 posts and become a Hero Member if I'm not mistaken. Either way, still doesn't hurt to still @ someone like you did until it works correctly :)

PS 480 highs are great shoes!
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8209 on: January 05, 2024, 11:45:30 PM »
Please DON'T tell me where to find 480 highs in EU or I'll get them.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8210 on: January 06, 2024, 05:28:42 AM »
Please DON'T tell me where to find 480 highs in EU or I'll get them.

i'd be interested to know though.... ::)

WHEN are the 480 highs coming? I need em!
so please....let me know  :-[

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8211 on: January 06, 2024, 06:47:38 AM »
Just got my 7th 808 so the temptation for those 480 highs will decrease
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8212 on: January 06, 2024, 05:35:51 PM »
* Non numeric *

https://www.jdsports.com/store/product/mens-new-balance-650-casual-shoes/prod2857301

But 650 highs are $35 here  (app is showing me FSR)

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #8213 on: January 06, 2024, 06:17:19 PM »
* Non numeric *

https://www.jdsports.com/store/product/mens-new-balance-650-casual-shoes/prod2857301

Same here but at my local footlocker, I bought 2 pairs

Thickest sole Ive ever skated, ortholite cheapo soles are alright but removable if so desired
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #8214 on: January 06, 2024, 08:35:29 PM »
Expand Quote
* Non numeric *

[close]

Same here but at my local footlocker, I bought 2 pairs

Thickest sole Ive ever skated, ortholite cheapo soles are alright but removable if so desired

Yea, I bought a pair of these with the intention of skating them but the sole just feels way too thick for me. Maybe if I break them in for a loooooong time and they flatten a lot. But I'd be surprised if they do.

Sick looking shoe though.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #8215 on: January 07, 2024, 05:33:23 AM »
Just bought a pair of the Tom Knox 600 and they are A+

Style, fit, comfort. Can't wait to skate them.

DERBY

• Rep: 269
« Reply #8216 on: January 07, 2024, 09:10:27 AM »
hows the sizing and fit on the 417s to a 1010? wanna give vulcs a shot again

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8217 on: January 07, 2024, 09:35:17 PM »
Same for me, TTS on both.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #8218 on: January 08, 2024, 11:14:47 AM »
Man, loving the 600's so far.  Won't get to skate them until next weekend but I think they are my new shoe.  To the point where I may sell my couple pair of 480's even.  Just got the smurfs and may grab the green ones today too.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8219 on: January 08, 2024, 11:16:19 AM »
Man, loving the 600's so far.  Won't get to skate them until next weekend but I think they are my new shoe.  To the point where I may sell my couple pair of 480's even.  Just got the smurfs and may grab the green ones today too.
In your opinion, what makes them better than the 480s?