Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364399 times)

SlapMcKracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #2550 on: March 16, 2022, 06:50:53 AM »
What of those brand(s) would you prefer on venture v hollows?

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #2551 on: March 16, 2022, 07:10:43 AM »

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
AWS/Habitat.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2552 on: March 16, 2022, 07:14:28 AM »
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]
AWS/Habitat.

Thx.
Why them over the others?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2553 on: March 16, 2022, 08:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]
AWS/Habitat.
[close]

Thx.
That shape works very well with Venture. Flip tricks especially.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2554 on: March 16, 2022, 09:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]
AWS/Habitat.
[close]

Thx.
[close]

Did you try all of them?

But thanks. Good to know that that combination seems to work well.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2555 on: March 16, 2022, 09:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]
AWS/Habitat.
[close]

Thx.
[close]
[close]

Did you try all of them?

just the FA and the AWS/Habitat.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2556 on: March 16, 2022, 09:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]
AWS/Habitat.
[close]

Thx.
[close]
[close]

Did you try all of them?

[close]
just the FA and the AWS/Habitat.

Did you like them on FA too? What’s better on AWS?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2557 on: March 16, 2022, 09:48:37 AM »
The shape just goes. The FA 8.18 has a super square shape.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2558 on: March 16, 2022, 09:54:41 AM »
Ok, Never skated an fa or hockey and don’t know if I like it or not.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2559 on: March 16, 2022, 10:39:15 AM »
Ok, Never skated an fa or hockey and don’t know if I like it or not.
I’d go with the Habitat. Not too square but more than a Baker or Chocolate. FA is very square.

Pee nis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2560 on: March 16, 2022, 10:59:49 AM »

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey

FA/hockey 8.18 on ventures is my favorite setup. I have cast and hollow 5.6 ventures and nerded out and combined the cast baseplate w/ hollow axle. Keeps the height + slightly shorter WB but lightens the truck a bit. So much pop on that setup. 14 WB seems helps avoid ghost pop even with steep tail on that shape

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2561 on: March 16, 2022, 11:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

FA/hockey 8.18 on ventures is my favorite setup. I have cast and hollow 5.6 ventures and nerded out and combined the cast baseplate w/ hollow axle. Keeps the height + slightly shorter WB but lightens the truck a bit. So much pop on that setup. 14 WB seems helps avoid ghost pop even with steep tail on that shape

Interesting. Did you skate fa on average venture v hollows too and was it much different?

Did you skate the other mentioned brands with them?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:24:15 AM by SlapMcKracken »

Pee nis

« Reply #2562 on: March 16, 2022, 12:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

[close]

Interesting. Did you skate fa on average venture v hollows too and was it much different?

It was good on v hollows too I just like the slightly increased height on the casts. Never skated AWS/habitat and had one quasi 8.12 which felt too short and flat, I snapped the stubby tail within 2 hours backseating a kickflip so wrote off that shape forever. The 8.12 isn’t square like the 8.25 proto shape is, it’s a short stubby tailed popsicle

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2563 on: March 16, 2022, 12:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

[close]

[close]

It was good on v hollows too I just like the slightly increased height on the casts. Never skated AWS/habitat and had one quasi 8.12 which felt too short and flat, I snapped the stubby tail within 2 hours backseating a kickflip so wrote off that shape forever. The 8.12 isn’t square like the 8.25 proto shape is, it’s a short stubby tailed popsicle
Weirdest shape ever. Rode it bc it was Quasi and I thought Tyler Bledsoe skated the shape. But super small tail and super flat kicks.

Pee nis

« Reply #2564 on: March 16, 2022, 12:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Weirdest shape ever. Rode it bc it was Quasi and I thought Tyler Bledsoe skated the shape. But super small tail and super flat kicks.

How BDK pops mile high flip tricks on that shape I’ll never comprehend

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2565 on: March 16, 2022, 12:51:45 PM »
So interesting.

Then again a lot of the GX guys are on venture and they seem to do ok, and gx and quasi (I think) has the exact same shape :

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2566 on: March 16, 2022, 01:07:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Doesnt he ride the 8.25 square nose shape?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2567 on: March 16, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
So interesting.

Then again a lot of the GX guys are on venture and they seem to do ok, and gx and quasi (I think) has the exact same shape :

I've seen you ask several questions regarding board combos with ventures. Just try out the brands you're interested in and if you don't like one, I would just sell it to a kid in need for cheap. Most Crailtap shapes pair really nice with Ventures. Ben Degros also has shared what he thinks works best with Venture Highs > mellow kicks, shorter wheelbase, 2-3 fingers of flat. Then it seems like he can skate 5.6 V-hollows on any standard shape (14.25 WB) due to weight savings and lower height.

I had an okay time on a FA board with Venture highs as the steep nose affected my nollie kickflips. Lots of nollie ghost pop which is unfavorable as nollie kickflips are my favorite flip trick to do. Everything else worked just fine. That's my experience though. If that situation occurs to you (ghost pop), you can counteract it with smaller wheels before swapping boards or trucks.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2568 on: March 16, 2022, 01:54:08 PM »
I've said it many times but hockey 8" with venture low hollow is the best combo I've ever skated. Try that 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2569 on: March 16, 2022, 02:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.125 Gx/Quasi
8.125 AWS/Habitat
8.18 FA/Hockey
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Doesnt he ride the 8.25 square nose shape?

Yo I’m real thirsty for the BDK setup talk…

I have that 8.125 quasi and it’s different for certain.

SlapCracken…doesn’t come off as someone who skates, or is asking these questions in good faith. If I’m wrong, I apologize.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2570 on: March 16, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »
@notinternetfamous

Good idea to just try it.  @ok
I do skate. Just a chronic overthinker. I just can’t help it.

Now I was reading baker decks (8-8.1)have short tails too, pretty much same length like quasi, and I was enjoying my baker on thunders. Was great. Maybe short tails are not too bad for me. At least not on venture. I’ll check it out.

Right now I have an 8“ magenta on ventures and I think the tail is short too. Didn’t skate it yet though , cause injured
I tried some manuals on it though and it sucked. Nosemanuals really good, but normal manuals suck on it
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 02:50:39 PM by SlapMcKracken »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2571 on: March 16, 2022, 03:28:22 PM »
How long have you given the setup? I aim for 5 sessions which ends up about 10 hours before I’ll give up and move on. Recently I did that with a deck only to have a great 6th session and rekindle it. I changed my wheel size when I first got it from 50 to just under 54, which threw me off at first.

Your Magenta is a standard BBS generic shape and likely has very average dimensions. Those shapes aren’t flat but aren’t too steep, not long but not short, not full but not Baker tapered, etc.

I skated Venture Highs on 14” and never liked it. Pop felt too heavy for how small the board was and never got my timing right. I liked Thunders and Indy forged on those dimensions much more. I actually really liked Venture on a Quasi 8.25 with a 14.25 and most WB in that vicinity, but on 14.38 they felt a bit hefty.

It kinda sucks to have gone through that many hours tweaking but you accept this when you enter madness.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2572 on: March 16, 2022, 03:44:34 PM »
How long have you given the setup? I aim for 5 sessions which ends up about 10 hours before I’ll give up and move on. Recently I did that with a deck only to have a great 6th session and rekindle it. I changed my wheel size when I first got it from 50 to just under 54, which threw me off at first.

Your Magenta is a standard BBS generic shape and likely has very average dimensions. Those shapes aren’t flat but aren’t too steep, not long but not short, not full but not Baker tapered, etc.

I skated Venture Highs on 14” and never liked it. Pop felt too heavy for how small the board was and never got my timing right. I liked Thunders and Indy forged on those dimensions much more. I actually really liked Venture on a Quasi 8.25 with a 14.25 and most WB in that vicinity, but on 14.38 they felt a bit hefty.

It kinda sucks to have gone through that many hours tweaking but you accept this when you enter madness.

It’s a brand new setup! I didn’t skate it yet cause I got injured before I could. I tried some manuals like I said and did one Ollie, one kickflip, one Nollie flip and one Tre. That’s it. Brand new everything and first times venture , so I might get used to it. Flips were all alright, but I tried one Ollie and had the feeling that I couldn’t pop it as high as I could with other decks , but like I said- I didn’t have a real chance to skate it since unfortunately.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #2573 on: March 16, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s a brand new setup! I didn’t skate it yet cause I got injured before I could. I tried some manuals like I said and did one Ollie, one kickflip, one Nollie flip and one Tre. That’s it. Brand new everything and first times venture , so I might get used to it. Flips were all alright, but I tried one Ollie and had the feeling that I couldn’t pop it as high as I could with other decks , but like I said- I didn’t have a real chance to skate it since unfortunately.

could try skating it backwards too, if you're feeling spicy

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2574 on: March 17, 2022, 09:48:29 AM »
Tried to measure the magenta big plant 8“ board tail. It’s pretty short, but I’m too stupid to measure. Around 6.3something. No way over 6.4, that’s for sure.
 Edit: ok found this:

Larghezza: 8 "
Lunghezza: 31.625 "
Wheelbase: 14"
Nose: 6.875 "
Tail: 6.4"

Just checked all the decks I skated and they all had a 6.4 or under tail. One had 6.45. but they were on thunder and old royals.
Interesting. Never even knew what tail length I skated.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:01:09 AM by SlapMcKracken »

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2575 on: March 18, 2022, 07:52:39 PM »
Does anyone know the wheelbase difference between venture lo and hi?

maggot cunt

« Reply #2576 on: March 19, 2022, 12:51:59 AM »
Does anyone know the wheelbase difference between venture lo and hi?

someone correct me if i am wrong but there isnt one. the hi’s and lo’s have the exact same baseplate, they just have different hangers. cast vs forged are slightly different though with forged extending the wb slightly more than cast

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #2577 on: March 19, 2022, 01:19:50 AM »
I copped some of these bust crew ventures like a year ago and i literally cannot tell the difference from Indy's. Going to thunder next probs cause they're the lightest ones besides ace and i want extra pop. Aces look like they wanna snap so bad.

IpathCats

« Reply #2578 on: March 19, 2022, 05:34:57 AM »
I copped some of these bust crew ventures like a year ago and i literally cannot tell the difference from Indy's. Going to thunder next probs cause they're the lightest ones besides ace and i want extra pop. Aces look like they wanna snap so bad.

If you can't tell the difference between ventures and Indy's, then just try whatever you want, it's not going to bother you.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2579 on: March 19, 2022, 07:12:32 AM »
What a fucking troll…..comes in here telling us they feel the same….