Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988127 times)

Shorty’sBoi and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3990 on: January 03, 2020, 08:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My partner got me this for xmas. Beautiful board - yellow ply on top blue ply on the bottom.
Have wanted to try slave since it's inception but haven't come across one (in canada).

[close]

Great score, you have a solid partner haha
[close]
It’s great you found a guy that treats you right.
You’re both very lucky dudes.
[close]

How did your partner know to get you a Slave board?

Made a Pinterest board of nothing but $lave boards and emailed that to his partner everyday since Labor Day. Sometimes subtle hints work.

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3991 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:48 AM »
How did your partner know to get you a Slave board?

I'm constantly talking skateboarding to her - I went on and on about how good radio silence was.

Hit up the internet the next day apparently.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3992 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:11 AM »
Thanks for the love, Pals. Unfortunately won't get to set it up until the snow melts!

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3993 on: January 04, 2020, 02:43:51 AM »
broke my xmas anti-hero deck. In the past year that i've got back into skating i've now broken 5 boards, the Santa Cruz VX is the only one that survived..I even broke a powerply deck! so anyway, back to VX for me...i just got this one online - graphics are pretty shit, better than the santa cruz one though...i might do my own graphic over the top of it...

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3994 on: January 05, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »

Xmas haul from Chutingstar and Tactics, thanks to my sister who brought this back for me so I could avoid the shipping costs:
  • 02 x Real Kyle Walker Matchbook (8.18 x 31.85 x 14.38)
  • Mystery Pete Eldridge board - got it off JT's GDC, Pete Eldridge has been one of my favorite skaters since Bootleg 3000, just wish JT didn't sign the top of the board
  • Venture 5.2 Hi, Hollow Lights - got 2 pairs of Thunders, soon I will have 2 pairs of Ventures to add to the collection, thanks Baustin for selling them to me!
  • Independent 129 Hollow - Leo Romero's pro model, came with the Chutingstar build a complete, will sell these
  • Bones STF 55m V5 - Regret buying these, should have gone with a V1, thinking if I should sell them
  • Assorted bolts and riser pads

Really happy with the haul, got to thank the Gear Sale Thread and Buttfart Rapedick who pointed me towards the Chutingstar sale. 20% off a complete with an additional 50% off the total order with free shipping.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #3995 on: January 05, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
Gross. Fucking gross.

Saarinotsorry

• Rep: -78
« Reply #3996 on: January 05, 2020, 08:49:17 AM »

Xmas haul from Chutingstar and Tactics, thanks to my sister who brought this back for me so I could avoid the shipping costs:
  • Mystery Pete Eldridge board - got it off JT's GDC, Pete Eldridge has been one of my favorite skaters since Bootleg 3000, just wish JT didn't sign the top of the board
  • Venture 5.2 Hi, Hollow Lights - got 2 pairs of Thunders, soon I will have 2 pairs of Ventures to add to the collection, thanks Baustin for selling them to me!
  • Independent 129 Hollow - Leo Romero's pro model, came with the Chutingstar build a complete, will sell these
  • Bones STF 55m V5 - Regret buying these, should have gone with a V1, thinking if I should sell them

Really happy with the haul, got to thank the Gear Sale Thread and Buttfart Rapedick who pointed me towards the Chutingstar sale. 20% off a complete with an additional 50% off the total order with free shipping.
Jeez JT is such a kook... signing other pros boards without being asked to do so... ugh...9

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3997 on: January 05, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Jeez JT is such a kook... signing other pros boards without being asked to do so... ugh...9
That is pretty corny to assume that just because you bought it from him you want his signature.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3998 on: January 05, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
That is pretty corny to assume that just because you bought it from him you want his signature.

I asked if he would be meeting Eldridge anytime soon, he said mostly likely not and offered to sign it for me anyway. Ah well, I still like to believe that the Slap Message Boards helped the push to get Eldridge on Mystery way back in 2007-2009 (I think) when iSuck was on here and we badgered him about it.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3999 on: January 06, 2020, 01:45:32 PM »
That Mystery board is pretty sick, do you mind me asking how much it was? I had a lurk of the GDC site and a lot of things are over priced so it kind of changed my mind of picking something up from there

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4000 on: January 06, 2020, 04:25:35 PM »
That Mystery board is pretty sick, do you mind me asking how much it was? I had a lurk of the GDC site and a lot of things are over priced so it kind of changed my mind of picking something up from there

Starting bid was $25, went all the way to $29 so I snagged it as a wall hanger. The less iconic boards should be going around this range.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #4001 on: January 06, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »
Bought a Lurkville 8.25 during during their Cyber Monday sale. Got Andrew Allen's Spitfire's, 53, the bone colored ones, not black, and new bushings for my trucks, new grip (Mob M80). Almost a new Christmas complete. My old Bones Reds are still good, just cleaned and added speed formula, hardware is good, trucks are good. Fortunately one of my friends who is also a Slap Pal has been pushing me to skate more so we've already had a few sessions. These are my first spitfire's in a long while after doing Ricta's for a while. Very happy with them. Board is solid, good pop and shape. Stoked.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4002 on: January 07, 2020, 05:57:33 AM »
Dude, I wanted to grab this black label deck I used to have that Hensley did the graphics and I think it was 100 bucks. I probably should have pulled the trigger

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4003 on: January 07, 2020, 06:55:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude, I wanted to grab this black label deck I used to have that Hensley did the graphics and I think it was 100 bucks. I probably should have pulled the trigger

I've been on the look out for a good price on the Foundation Suicide Girls series, the Erin (Corey Duffel) model was my first wall hanger, think my mom definitely didn't like that.

That and Heath Kirchart boards but they are selling for insane prices.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4004 on: January 07, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I've been on the look out for a good price on the Foundation Suicide Girls series, the Erin (Corey Duffel) model was my first wall hanger, think my mom definitely didn't like that.

That and Heath Kirchart boards but they are selling for insane prices.
Basically I started skating during prime pendelton era alien so a lot of the boards I remember are just going to go for more than I could justify paying. My second board I remember having was from the Noir series but those are going for hundreds.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4005 on: January 07, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »
Just got a hat from no comply for a skate trip I have Friday. Left the last one I had in a rental car and I’m not going to wear a beanie in Florida

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4006 on: January 07, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »
Bought a Lurkville 8.25 during during their Cyber Monday sale. Got Andrew Allen's Spitfire's, 53, the bone colored ones, not black, and new bushings for my trucks, new grip (Mob M80). Almost a new Christmas complete. My old Bones Reds are still good, just cleaned and added speed formula, hardware is good, trucks are good. Fortunately one of my friends who is also a Slap Pal has been pushing me to skate more so we've already had a few sessions. These are my first spitfire's in a long while after doing Ricta's for a while. Very happy with them. Board is solid, good pop and shape. Stoked.

How's the shape on that Lurkivlle? I used to ride them pretty regularly.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #4007 on: January 07, 2020, 10:04:43 AM »
Bought some 8.0 venture titaniums after hearing from many people that smaller trucks give you better leverage for flip tricks. Have skated 8.5 with 8.5 trucks for a few years and recently sized down to 8.25 on 8.5 venture titaniums, never felt any issues but got a few flip tricks I'm trying to figure out so I need all the help I can get. Kinda worried that it'll make grinds and riding around feel weird, hopefully wasn't a waste of money but it might be lol.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4008 on: January 07, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »
Bought my third twin tailed slick Krooked board and I'm still stoked to skate the same graphic/shape. The 'slick' part is real and is a big confidence booster when you can charge into a sliding trick without having to worry about sticking. I recommend giving them a try if you have not yet.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4009 on: January 07, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4010 on: January 07, 2020, 04:28:37 PM »
Bought my third twin tailed slick Krooked board and I'm still stoked to skate the same graphic/shape. The 'slick' part is real and is a big confidence booster when you can charge into a sliding trick without having to worry about sticking. I recommend giving them a try if you have not yet.

Dude, I just told myself I wasn't getting any new DLX boards till I skated through my current stash, what are you doing to me.....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4011 on: January 07, 2020, 04:38:37 PM »
Haha sorry rocklobster! (try them out though) So selfish of me!

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4012 on: January 07, 2020, 05:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Starting bid was $25, went all the way to $29 so I snagged it as a wall hanger. The less iconic boards should be going around this range.
Not to rain on your parade but do you think they are really old stock? I assumed they are new decks with old graphics. Like, he still has the graphics, hits new boards and sells them for market price.
Takes away from nostalgia but really makes no difference.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #4013 on: January 07, 2020, 08:35:04 PM »
My drunk order came in. Quasi 8.5 squared off board. I just set up the Hockey 8.5 I got for Christmas, so this will have to wait to be set up.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4014 on: January 07, 2020, 09:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not to rain on your parade but do you think they are really old stock? I assumed they are new decks with old graphics. Like, he still has the graphics, hits new boards and sells them for market price.

I'm pretty sure the Mystery one I got was an old stock, not sure about the newer ones. If he was just screening old graphics on new boards that would be incredibly shitty of him to do.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4015 on: January 08, 2020, 02:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure the Mystery one I got was an old stock, not sure about the newer ones. If he was just screening old graphics on new boards that would be incredibly shitty of him to do.
That sounds pretty Jamiethomasesque
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Gavone

• Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #4016 on: January 08, 2020, 07:41:27 AM »
copped some 56mm conical formula four's and a pack of reds
I was skating 54mm f4 classics and the difference between them is wild, conicals all day

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4017 on: January 08, 2020, 07:49:57 AM »
I was skating 54mm f4 classics and the difference between them is wild, conicals all day

Do tell? I started fucking around with lipslides on ledges and the wider contact patch gives a good amount of control when sliding.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4018 on: January 08, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »
Grabbed the 2 DOA's. The Quasi is only there as a reference, sent the photo to a buddy that rides the similar shape.

I also doubled down and ordered 2 more while they were on sale.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Uncle Gavone

• Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #4019 on: January 08, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do tell? I started fucking around with lipslides on ledges and the wider contact patch gives a good amount of control when sliding.

I usually buy conicals, but my shop had ran out when I needed some so I figured the classics would do, but I was wrong. I felt like I had no control of my flip tricks, the wide shape in the conicals helps me out a lot too. That DOA^ deck with the ACG inspired logo really nice btw