Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988115 times)

ridethegutter, backside_frontside and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4950 on: June 27, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote

Bought these two Habitats recently. I probably won't skate the Twin Peaks board, it'll go to the collection. But it's enticing; it's got a small wheelbase and a squarish nose/tail. Probably better off saving it, though.

I'm excited to skate the Janoski board, it's got the dims I'm getting comfortable with (8 x 31.5 x 14). Also never skated an AWS/Habitat board before.
[close]
Sick, what is the concave like? I've been wanting to try em but I'm hoping the concave isn't mellow.

Here's a photo of the Janoski, the tail is on the left. Doesn't feel overly mellow to me but it's subjective:

411bandit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #4951 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:30 AM »

got another curb crusher.  this one is a different, skinnier (9.8 i think), more tapered shape.  and its dipped.  wanna skate it, but i think im gonna hang it on the wall for a bit.

Is that an SH101 clone ? Studio and deck are boss

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4952 on: June 29, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tom says he skates then with 55s. Seeing it grabs my attention more. It’s a neat looking board with a 14” WB.
[close]

That was my plan at first - to throw my ace 55's on it. I was looking around for a new deck for my 55's when I bought it. I figured it tapered down to 8.375 at a glance.

I think I'll end up putting my 44's on it. Unfortunately that'll have to be once I'm done my current deck.

The 14" wheelbase is definitely attractive.
[close]
Let us know how it skates!

Posted in the setup thread. I hit up Tom on IG (like a man) and he said he likes 44's on it. So I did the same.

It's pretty fun. 14 Feels a bit cramped imo. Surprised to find that I think I prefer a 14.25 wheelbase.

100% plan on putting a 55 on the front eventually.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4953 on: June 30, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »

First pair of NB. Feel really nice from just walking around the house. Will be a big change from the halfcabs I'm wearing but I'm looking forward to skating them.

8.38 Traffic deck looks really nice too. Big nose and a full shape w a medium concave.

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4954 on: June 30, 2020, 12:48:09 PM »

First pair of NB. Feel really nice from just walking around the house. Will be a big change from the halfcabs I'm wearing but I'm looking forward to skating them.

8.38 Traffic deck looks really nice too. Big nose and a full shape w a medium concave.

been wearing the same NB# around the house the past few months as summer chillers. Break in really nice and I like the shape, love the gum outsole.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:52:32 PM by jay_nev »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4955 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »

I'm so stoked.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4956 on: June 30, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »
B2b traffics! Sick

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4957 on: June 30, 2020, 01:46:09 PM »
Addias campus 2  vulc

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4958 on: June 30, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
B2b traffics! Sick

So good to see! Traffic is one of the most underrated IMO. Cant wait til my hopps goes to set it up!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4959 on: June 30, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
been wearing the same NB# around the house the past few months as summer chillers. Break in really nice and I like the shape, love the gum outsole.

They feel really stiff out the box so I'm glad they break in nice. The white with gum is so classic.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4961 on: June 30, 2020, 05:13:21 PM »

I'm so stoked.
orchard all day. Need to look into traffic more.
New 5.6! I know you’ll treat those right

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #4962 on: June 30, 2020, 05:36:21 PM »
Expand Quote

got another curb crusher.  this one is a different, skinnier (9.8 i think), more tapered shape.  and its dipped.  wanna skate it, but i think im gonna hang it on the wall for a bit.
[close]

Thanks!  yeah its the Behringer 101 clone.  Ive gotten a bunch of the new Behringer clones and they're all actually really solid quality. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4963 on: June 30, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks!  yeah its the Behringer 101 clone.  Ive gotten a bunch of the new Behringer clones and they're all actually really solid quality.

Got the wasp clone recently and it's pretty great.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4964 on: June 30, 2020, 07:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote

I'm so stoked.
[close]
orchard all day. Need to look into traffic more.
New 5.6! I know you’ll treat those right

Most definitely. I got perfect purples the other day too from a Shalomie. I'm styling for the next year. I'll only need wood and urethane.
Tomorrow's ledge day
(A)pl(E)

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #4965 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »
Grabbed some Hélas shorts and a Quartersnacks tee today from the local today .
As far as the Hélas go, Definitely my favorite pair of shorts I’ve owned and the quality is top notch.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #4966 on: July 01, 2020, 02:09:57 AM »

Not sure if I'm going to skate this or keep it for the wall because it has to be one of the coolest looking decks I've seen in a long time. My shitty phone camera and dungeon lighting can't do it justice but the color is lush, vibrant, and fits perfectly with the comic book aesthetic. The whole series is awesome but this is the pick of the litter for me.

Stoked I got one in my size because they sold out super fast. Hopefully terror kept some of them back or has another order on the way so people outside of the ten or so shops that got em have a chance to get one.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4967 on: July 01, 2020, 04:43:38 AM »

Not sure if I'm going to skate this or keep it for the wall because it has to be one of the coolest looking decks I've seen in a long time. My shitty phone camera and dungeon lighting can't do it justice but the color is lush, vibrant, and fits perfectly with the comic book aesthetic. The whole series is awesome but this is the pick of the litter for me.

Stoked I got one in my size because they sold out super fast. Hopefully terror kept some of them back or has another order on the way so people outside of the ten or so shops that got em have a chance to get one.
That's one of the best graphics I have ever seen.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4968 on: July 01, 2020, 05:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that's sick. The nose it
Reminds me of Madballs. anyone remember those toys? Looks like death is throwing madballs on the nose. Lolol that's sounds funny

The scull and the mummy are definitely Madballs inspired.
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4969 on: July 01, 2020, 09:37:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is pretty cool, it shows the process the guy who made them uses. They're extremely well made collages of very cool art. I always think it's cool when people use pre-digital age techniques, it's a lot of work and I think it imparts a certain honesty that translates to the finished product.

I kind of want to try and put the full set together now but I don't want to hoard them since it seems like a pretty limited run, at least thus far. If they end up doing a bigger release then I probably will. I'm kind of kicking myself for not grabbing another of the Getz decks at oneup when I got the Maldonado (so I could hang one and skate one) but at the time I didn't realize they were only going out to select shops. I might run down there later and see if they still have any of the other ones because some have really sick metallic ink work, especially the Huber one. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:42:54 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4970 on: July 01, 2020, 09:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

This is pretty cool, it shows the process the guy who made them uses. They're extremely well made collages of very cool art. I always think it's cool when people use pre-digital age techniques, it's a lot of work and I think it imparts a certain honesty that translates to the finished product.

I kind of want to try and put the full set together now but I don't want to hoard them since it seems like a pretty limited run, at least thus far. If they end up doing a bigger release then I probably will. I'm kind of kicking myself for not grabbing another of the Getz decks at oneup when I got the Maldonado (so I could hang one and skate one) but at the time I didn't realize they were only going out to select shops. I might run down there later and see if they still have any of the other ones because some have really sick metallic ink work, especially the Huber one.
Yeah that definitely worth a trip to the shop! I would leave with an arm full. Post up some pics if you get any of the other ones, if you would.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4971 on: July 01, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »

Yeah that definitely worth a trip to the shop! I would leave with an arm full. Post up some pics if you get any of the other ones, if you would.

Yeah for sure I will. I posted the Maldonado one in the Setup thread last week. I'll probably head down soon if I'm going to go because it's on Carson st and after like 3pm the bums and street kids come out and you can't go a full block without someone trying to hustle you. 60 year old dudes with pissed pants who can barely walk will be like "hey dude! I skate too! can I talk to you for a minute?" and I have to be all like "please go away SneakySecrets." It's rough.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4972 on: July 01, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah for sure I will. I posted the Maldonado one in the Setup thread last week. I'll probably head down soon if I'm going to go because it's on Carson st and after like 3pm the bums and street kids come out and you can't go a full block without someone trying to hustle you. 60 year old dudes with pissed pants who can barely walk will be like "hey dude! I skate too! can I talk to you for a minute?" and I have to be all like "please go away SneakySecrets." It's rough.
Fuck I will listen to SneakySecrets babble for ya.. I haven't talked about skating with someone irl in months! Shit, Im so isolated I would even hang with bums and street rats at this point.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #4973 on: July 01, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »
sorta of a spontaneous decision, but I ordered a pair of those Sci-Fi Sk8 Highs cuz I happened to be sitting at the computer when they went live. Don't know if I should skate them or just hang onto them, but since they weren't marked up from regular Vans I don't imagine they'll be THAT rare?

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4974 on: July 01, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »

Ordered up 7.75 Element deck and some 5.0 Tensor lows. I haven't skated less than a 8 in 15 years or so, and have really only skated Ventures so it should be interesting.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #4975 on: July 01, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
sorta of a spontaneous decision, but I ordered a pair of those Sci-Fi Sk8 Highs cuz I happened to be sitting at the computer when they went live. Don't know if I should skate them or just hang onto them, but since they weren't marked up from regular Vans I don't imagine they'll be THAT rare?

Damn, thanks for posting this. I didn’t know there was a sci fi drop today.
Pretty much all sizes sold out now for everything but I grabbed the lanyard .
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4976 on: July 01, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

The shop was bumpin'... I guess because they're moving to a new location and soft goods are half off and they just got their NHS order so all the local klansmen stopped in to grab some fresh indys for the 4th of July cross burning party. Anyways they didn't have the one I really wanted (Mathis) so it was either this 8.25 or 8.5 Huber and I wanted something I could skate.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:57:15 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4977 on: July 01, 2020, 01:02:44 PM »

The shop was bumpin'... I guess because they're moving to a new location and soft goods are half off and they just got their NHS order so all the local klansmen stopped in to grab some fresh indys for the 4th of July cross burning party. Anyways they didn't have the one I really wanted which (Mathis) so it was either this 8.25 or 8.5 Huber and I wanted something I could skate.
Damn that is so nice.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4978 on: July 01, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
Those are great

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4979 on: July 01, 2020, 02:00:09 PM »
If you want one the always wonderful Corner store still has a couple up for grabs. If you're lucky he'll toss in one of his fantastic shop stickers, which I won't post here so as to not ruin the surprise if you get one.

https://thecornerstoreskateshop.bigcartel.com/