Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988165 times)

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5010 on: July 10, 2020, 07:44:41 AM »
that’s a sick mask. I have the sweater

Funny.  When I looked, I tought it was one of those soccer drawstring backpacks. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5011 on: July 10, 2020, 09:13:08 AM »
Expand Quote

finally got myself 53 conical full 99a (quite a recent stock arriving around end of May) from my usual 100+a wheels i've been riding since forever. now my knees thank me.

[close]

i just made the switch from 101a 53mm spitfire classics to these exact conicals. They're my first set of conicals and so far I don't love them. They seem very clunk to me and were getting caught on every little pebble I went over on a pretty smooth surface. I am going to keep riding them and trying them out. I don't want to dismiss them just yet, but so far, I miss my classics.

Nothing 50/50 w/the wknd, only disasters and hang ups

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5012 on: July 10, 2020, 09:42:29 AM »
Finally got some Autobahn wheels for $10, it came with Bullet trucks and Independent 7 bearings which I'll sell, so free wheels!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5013 on: July 10, 2020, 10:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote

finally got myself 53 conical full 99a (quite a recent stock arriving around end of May) from my usual 100+a wheels i've been riding since forever. now my knees thank me.

[close]

i just made the switch from 101a 53mm spitfire classics to these exact conicals. They're my first set of conicals and so far I don't love them. They seem very clunk to me and were getting caught on every little pebble I went over on a pretty smooth surface. I am going to keep riding them and trying them out. I don't want to dismiss them just yet, but so far, I miss my classics.
the tablets in 99a/53mm might be the better choice for you if the conical fulls are too big
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5014 on: July 10, 2020, 11:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
the tablets in 99a/53mm might be the better choice for you if the conical fulls are too big

interesting. I haven't tried the tablets yet. As far as surface area goes, they are somewhere between the conical fulls and classics, correct?

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #5015 on: July 10, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

interesting. I haven't tried the tablets yet. As far as surface area goes, they are somewhere between the conical fulls and classics, correct?

The riding surface on tablets in most sizes are just smaller than conical full, on 54mm they’re equal (til you start wearing em down). On a 53mm the tablet has 21mm riding surface, C-full has 21.5mm.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #5016 on: July 10, 2020, 12:45:57 PM »
my shop got a small Polar shipment and this drought has me worried so I grabbed one even though I just started skating a new board.

except mine's pink.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5017 on: July 10, 2020, 04:46:13 PM »
mob grip. boy do i wish i had jessup. just sanded the shit out of it and will see if that does the trick, mob is just too grippy and doesnt work with my flick
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Hombreezy

« Reply #5018 on: July 10, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »
Ordered some tyshawns, too hyped for them to arrive. Adidas makes the best skate shoes

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #5019 on: July 10, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
Ordered some tyshawns, too hyped for them to arrive. Adidas makes the best skate shoes

Those were the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn. But every foot is different I guess.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #5020 on: July 10, 2020, 10:07:12 PM »
cool thanks. god. 2002. what a time in skateboarding lol.

I haven't seen new zero product in a long time. I hope their new sweaters aren't cut like fallen stuff from mid 00's
zero did drop that triple skull crew neck, called it the 1999 crew neck or something. the fit looked more normal on that one. I want a zero bloody skull deck now lol

nothing's been the since same

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5021 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those were the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn. But every foot is different I guess.

Every foot is different. I thought that shoe was dope.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #5022 on: July 11, 2020, 01:24:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAAAA i just skated mine for the first time yesterday and i think totally opposite- very comfortable for me, fit great even though i felt like i might get heel slip before even skating em but didn't happen!
Very cool balance of board feel in the toe and the sole being really sturdy towards further back!
and i liked the flick too, came very natural for me.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #5023 on: July 11, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »

More fat boy bushings, I love these things

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5024 on: July 11, 2020, 08:43:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HAHAAAA i just skated mine for the first time yesterday and i think totally opposite- very comfortable for me, fit great even though i felt like i might get heel slip before even skating em but didn't happen!
Very cool balance of board feel in the toe and the sole being really sturdy towards further back!

I love mine.  I keep waiting for another all suede version to drop.  Scared to get all leathers and have the flick feel be drastically different.

WoodRat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5025 on: July 11, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »
Just bought a Real Full SE, Spitfire Radial Slims, and some Thunder Hollow Lights. Got the board, the wheels and trucks should be here by Tuesday.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5026 on: July 11, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »
Just bought a Real Full SE, Spitfire Radial Slims, and some Thunder Hollow Lights. Got the board, the wheels and trucks should be here by Tuesday.
Which real did you get

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #5027 on: July 11, 2020, 06:04:21 PM »
bought the same deck again so i dont have to worry about having to skate a different shape next time i need a new one.

WoodRat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5028 on: July 11, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Which real did you get

Silva Clean Air 8.06

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #5029 on: July 12, 2020, 01:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I love mine.  I keep waiting for another all suede version to drop.  Scared to get all leathers and have the flick feel be drastically different.

i have those white leathers with the blue stripes on deck, skating an all suede version now. Usually leather feels different only if it is a sturdier type but the white leather on the tyshawns feels soft and quality, so it should not trouble you too much

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5030 on: July 12, 2020, 07:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i have those white leathers with the blue stripes on deck, skating an all suede version now. Usually leather feels different only if it is a sturdier type but the white leather on the tyshawns feels soft and quality, so it should not trouble you too much

Thanks man.  I'm going to give it through the end of the month, and cop the leathers if something else doesn't pop up.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5031 on: July 13, 2020, 01:04:05 PM »
Got a 8.25 scumco because I liked the graphic/woodstain. Same length as I usually skate ~32, but the wb is 14 whereas I usually skate a 14.25 wb.

I'm pretty tall and the last time I skated a 14 inch wb was a few years ago and it felt a bit too unstable. Though that was on aces and now I'm on ventures with forged baseplates so looking forward to seeing how it works out.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 146
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5032 on: July 13, 2020, 01:23:06 PM »
Got a 8.25 scumco because I liked the graphic/woodstain. Same length as I usually skate ~32, but the wb is 14 whereas I usually skate a 14.25 wb.

I'm pretty tall and the last time I skated a 14 inch wb was a few years ago and it felt a bit too unstable. Though that was on aces and now I'm on ventures with forged baseplates so looking forward to seeing how it works out.
dope! Let us know. The only 14wb 8.25 I own is a chocolate. Not too hyped on the shape but I like the dimensions. Need to set it up already

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5033 on: July 13, 2020, 03:11:36 PM »

52mm F4 Tablets
Med/Hard & Hard Indy bushings

sadnocomply

• Rep: 146
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5034 on: July 13, 2020, 04:57:36 PM »
8.125 baker, 8.125 quasi, & 54mm 99a tablets

Stoked!

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5035 on: July 13, 2020, 08:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
dope! Let us know. The only 14wb 8.25 I own is a chocolate. Not too hyped on the shape but I like the dimensions. Need to set it up already

I set it up and tried it out tonight, wheelbase is wayyyy too short. Couldn't get used to the pop feel either. Thought it would help me learn some flatground and tech tricks, but even if I do get used to it its not the dimension I'd wanna stick with. Damn.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5036 on: July 13, 2020, 08:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I set it up and tried it out tonight, wheelbase is wayyyy too short. Couldn't get used to the pop feel either. Thought it would help me learn some flatground and tech tricks, but even if I do get used to it its not the dimension I'd wanna stick with. Damn.

Way too light and tippy? I rode a Primitive 8.25 x 31.8 x 14 and the pop feel was way too light even with Venture 5.8 Titanium, only slightly better with 5.8 standards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5037 on: July 13, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Way too light and tippy? I rode a Primitive 8.25 x 31.8 x 14 and the pop feel was way too light even with Venture 5.8 Titanium, only slightly better with 5.8 standards.

Yeah light and tippy for sure, but more so just unstable, feel like I have to be very careful when landing 180 tricks at any reasonable speed to not slip out. I have v-lights so forged plates and solid hangers. Certain flip tricks worked well if I put in less effort, but its not like I pop and jump really hard on my usual setups anyway. The only thing that was noticeably better was switch heels which I rarely do.

I think it would be fine for most grinds and slides but even so I doubt it would be enough of a benefit if at all to justify the decrease in stability from the decreased wheelbase.

Would probably be fine if I was a shorter guy, I can get adjust and get used to the pop feel if I really want to, it would just be a matter of time. But the stability simply isn't there no matter how much the trucks push the wheelbase out. I should probably just stick to 14.2~3ish which is my sweet spot on these ventures.

I have a primitive 8.38 on ice which has a 14.19ish wb, feels like an 8.5 standing on it. I think that one will be a lot more reasonable but definitely wouldn't wanna go shorter than that.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #5038 on: July 15, 2020, 05:19:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah light and tippy for sure, but more so just unstable, feel like I have to be very careful when landing 180 tricks at any reasonable speed to not slip out. I have v-lights so forged plates and solid hangers. Certain flip tricks worked well if I put in less effort, but its not like I pop and jump really hard on my usual setups anyway. The only thing that was noticeably better was switch heels which I rarely do.

I think it would be fine for most grinds and slides but even so I doubt it would be enough of a benefit if at all to justify the decrease in stability from the decreased wheelbase.

Would probably be fine if I was a shorter guy, I can get adjust and get used to the pop feel if I really want to, it would just be a matter of time. But the stability simply isn't there no matter how much the trucks push the wheelbase out. I should probably just stick to 14.2~3ish which is my sweet spot on these ventures.

I have a primitive 8.38 on ice which has a 14.19ish wb, feels like an 8.5 standing on it. I think that one will be a lot more reasonable but definitely wouldn't wanna go shorter than that.

For me the 14" wb works much better on shorter boards. I have one ScumCo deck that is on a short shape I've never seen anywhere else and it's one of my favorite boards ever. It's 8.5 x 31.4 with wide/blunt shaped nose and tail and medium concave. On the normal ones that are 31.8-32 it just feels a little off to me. I think if pwood pushed their standard wb out to 14.25 it would feel more "balanced" if that makes any sense.

If you want to skate a Pennswood deck that's more in line with what you normally ride let me know. I have a corner store shop deck thats 8.38 x 32.25 14.25 wb...its 8.38 in the middle but tapers to 8.25 at the truck holes on both ends. I wanna say it's either a deep silver spoon or kiddie pool, so medium concave. Only skated it a couple times on flat, so it's in good shape. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Also if that primitive feels like an 8.5 then I'd measure it. I've had multiple decks come listed as one thing and be a totally different one - 8.38 foundation that measures almost 8.6, 8.25 theories that measures 8.38 etc. If it's egregious enough they might even send you a new one - blood wizard did that for me which I thought was super cool.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5039 on: July 15, 2020, 09:26:42 AM »
I’ve seen a lot of info on here about Footprint but not Remind, so I ordered a pair of Remind insoles just to try them out. I have flat feet, like amorphous blob flat so I went with the Destin insoles. They are pretty wide so for some shoes you will have to trim the width. I wear 11 so I ordered the 11-11.5 size and they were the perfect length for an 11 shoe. Went out to skate and expected an adjustment period but they felt at home right away. It’s been less than 24 hours so time will tell but so far I’d say they’re worth it.