Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 362312 times)

southphillytapwater and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5670 on: May 08, 2024, 10:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Y'all think dlx would accept graphics from the public? Like if drew up a bunch of truck/wheel graphics and sent them in a folder they might use?

Has anyone ever tried this?

I'm definitely switching to ti this coming month. 300 grams is crazy. What baseplate do they come with?
[close]

Forged

Didn't expect the 5.6 TI to be that light, if I ever go back to 8.25s I'd opt for the standards or v-lights.

Got to break out the 5.8 TI for a weigh, probably close to 320g.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5671 on: May 08, 2024, 10:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Y'all think dlx would accept graphics from the public? Like if drew up a bunch of truck/wheel graphics and sent them in a folder they might use?

Has anyone ever tried this?

I'm definitely switching to ti this coming month. 300 grams is crazy. What baseplate do they come with?
[close]
that would be sick, give it a shot flea! They do plenty of artwork collabs with their own riders as is. Nile Gibbs had the sick ass buffalo painting on a truck and a venture shirt, Elisse hedge had the high heels drawing on a truck and a shirt, just to name a few examples.

I would want them to keeps my involvement secret tho. I'm gonna try.
I want a retro graphic. Like early 4 colour war paint. Like an Ishod Roller skate wheel. Have it looking hella Stompers. You 80s kids remember those things? You put a battery in the chassis and snapped the body back on. They kicked ass in the tub. Some had big ass floating wheels and shit.

I gotta think about that Ishod wheel for a grip. I gotta get more brushes. I left my shit in the soup for like 9 months. Now they shed.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #5672 on: May 09, 2024, 02:29:27 PM »
I mean if Ben D can design a board…Flea can paint a truck….its time DLX recognizes the value of slap pals…

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #5673 on: May 10, 2024, 10:21:21 AM »
Is the weight difference between v-cast and regular cast worth the extra $20-$30? I'm on cast 5.6 right now and love them, they're stable, grind smooth, and my pop has never been higher however I want to build an 8.5 setup and have been eyeing some 5.8s.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #5674 on: May 10, 2024, 11:00:11 AM »
Is the weight difference between v-cast and regular cast worth the extra $20-$30? I'm on cast 5.6 right now and love them, they're stable, grind smooth, and my pop has never been higher however I want to build an 8.5 setup and have been eyeing some 5.8s.

In my opinion yes. Ventures are already a heavy feeling truck when popping due to the extended wb so shaving down the weight and maintaining the proportions of the cast plate is nice. Plus I skate trucks for like 6 months so imo its worth it even if it is just a placebo since I've never done a side by side comparison lol

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5675 on: Today at 01:00:17 AM »
My brief love affair with Indy (TI and 149 Mid Hollow Forged) has ended and I'm back to being Awake (5.8 TI). Everything just feels right(-ish) again especially my limited bag of flip tricks. Haven't tried them on slappys but I'm starting to think wheel shape is more important than turn for that trick.

Even the 5.8 TI is starting to feel too light after riding Indys, I'll TI hanger with a standard cast baseplate on my next setup to some heft.

Sorry to have ever doubted you Big-V, you're the only truck that matters.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rikki

• Rep: 294
« Reply #5676 on: Today at 02:52:44 AM »
My brief love affair with Indy (TI and 149 Mid Hollow Forged) has ended and I'm back to being Awake (5.8 TI). Everything just feels right(-ish) again especially my limited bag of flip tricks. Haven't tried them on slappys but I'm starting to think wheel shape is more important than turn for that trick.

Even the 5.8 TI is starting to feel too light after riding Indys, I'll TI hanger with a standard cast baseplate on my next setup to some heft.

Sorry to have ever doubted you Big-V, you're the only truck that matters.

Just had a fun little slappy session a couple of days ago with my 5.6 V-Hollows. No problems there. Wheel shape: Spit Radial.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #5677 on: Today at 03:04:03 AM »
V cast is such a gimmick

They exist for a market that dislikes the forged baseplate so much but still wants something (anything!) in the truck to be hollow - what even is the weight difference between v cast and standard?

Either way, I am realizing this in the early morning after skating my v casts for a few months now - I should just go back to thunders....

sadnocomply

• Rep: 141
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5678 on: Today at 07:05:37 AM »
V cast is such a gimmick

They exist for a market that dislikes the forged baseplate so much but still wants something (anything!) in the truck to be hollow - what even is the weight difference between v cast and standard?

Either way, I am realizing this in the early morning after skating my v casts for a few months now - I should just go back to thunders....
how is it a gimmick? The v cast hollows you’re taking about are 20-30 grams lighter than a regular cast truck. It’s the same thing any other brand does with a hollow axle trucks and kingpins, with a non forged, aka taller cast plate. Literally every brand does this, Indy, thunder, venture lol

CarcassToss

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5679 on: Today at 07:31:11 AM »
If you have a nice sounding hearing hollow axles also make it sound louder and thus sicker