Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798791 times)

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2160 on: August 09, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »
They are $200 on the Australian nb site, which is like $140 US. Look dope, but thats pretty steep, given most other skate shoes here top out around $150 AU

I just bought a black pair off the Australian site. If you "subscribe" to their emails, you get 15% off, so they came to $170 with free shipping. Still the most I've ever paid for a pair of shoes, but better than $200.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #2161 on: August 09, 2020, 10:00:20 PM »
Expand Quote
They are $200 on the Australian nb site, which is like $140 US. Look dope, but thats pretty steep, given most other skate shoes here top out around $150 AU
[close]

I just bought a black pair off the Australian site. If you "subscribe" to their emails, you get 15% off, so they came to $170 with free shipping. Still the most I've ever paid for a pair of shoes, but better than $200.

Thats not too bad then, i just need them to come out in a size 14
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2162 on: August 10, 2020, 05:21:44 AM »
$110 on the US New Balance site, and they go up to size 14. $145 on NB Canada.

USA has both the black and white colourways, Canada only has the white ones.

Edit: Also for the Canadians, get them from a skate shop in Canada if you can. If you order Numeric shoes from the NB Canada site, they ship from the US. It's 7-14 business days for them to ship, and you'll have to pay import duties when they get to you.

applebutt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2163 on: August 10, 2020, 07:27:00 AM »

Edit: Also for the Canadians, get them from a skate shop in Canada if you can. If you order Numeric shoes from the NB Canada site, they ship from the US. It's 7-14 business days for them to ship, and you'll have to pay import duties when they get to you.

Fuck's sake I want the black colorway so bad.

Just FYI, the last time I bought shoes from their webstore I didn't have to pay any duties. Supporting your local skateshop is better though!

Crap

« Reply #2164 on: August 10, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just FYI, the last time I bought shoes from their webstore I didn't have to pay any duties. Supporting your local skateshop is better though!

I've had it go both ways with the NB Canada site. I got 420's as a warranty replacement on 913's that died in a weird way. No duty on the 420's, and they shipped from Canada. The 420's didn't fit, so I returned them and got 440's. The 440's shipped from the US, so I had to pay duties. All of the Numeric shoes say they ship from the US on the NB Canada site, so there's no real way to know where it's coming from until after you place the order - I figure it's just better safe than sorry and assume there'll be duty. Either way though, just buy from a skate shop if possible - I just used the NB site because they gave me store credit for their online store for that warranty issue.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2165 on: August 10, 2020, 10:53:29 AM »
Anyone got a coupon code for the NB site?

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2166 on: August 10, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »
Bought a pair earlier this morning of the white Tiago 1010s and can’t stop looking at pics of it on IG, can’t wait for them to arrive. Super excited since this will be my first pair of NB to skate in.

Noticed in some ppls posts that the shoe came with some goodies like shirt, lighter, and sticker with “Trust Tiago” on it. Can anyone that already has a pair confirm if these come with all Tiago purchases or were these little goodies only thrown into a special promo package to certain ppl?

If so thats a crime and they should let us get that promo stuff too, whole thing looks sick!

IrritableBowel2

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2167 on: August 10, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »
Hello New Balance bros, I'm thinking of trying the 913 and was wondering how sizing is on them. Any tips to size up or down? I wear a 10.5-11 in Adidas/Nike depending. Thanks pals.

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2168 on: August 10, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
Bought a pair earlier this morning of the white Tiago 1010s and can’t stop looking at pics of it on IG, can’t wait for them to arrive. Super excited since this will be my first pair of NB to skate in.

Noticed in some ppls posts that the shoe came with some goodies like shirt, lighter, and sticker with “Trust Tiago” on it. Can anyone that already has a pair confirm if these come with all Tiago purchases or were these little goodies only thrown into a special promo package to certain ppl?

If so thats a crime and they should let us get that promo stuff too, whole thing looks sick!

Wish we were able to kit everyone out with those goodies who bought them but that was just the VIP list that Tiago gave us specifically to send out.  As quoted in that ParadeWorld article, he picked like all his favorite 90's dudes like Clyde, Kareem and the like to get a little thank you box. 

nigga_please

• Rep: -29
« Reply #2169 on: August 10, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2170 on: August 10, 2020, 12:33:10 PM »
Hello New Balance bros, I'm thinking of trying the 913 and was wondering how sizing is on them. Any tips to size up or down? I wear a 10.5-11 in Adidas/Nike depending. Thanks pals.

I wear a 10 in the NB 913's but a 9.5 for Nike/Vans/Adidas - hope that helps.

IrritableBowel2

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2171 on: August 10, 2020, 01:13:33 PM »

I wear a 10 in the NB 913's but a 9.5 for Nike/Vans/Adidas - hope that helps.
[/quote]

Thank you very much.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2172 on: August 10, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wish we were able to kit everyone out with those goodies who bought them but that was just the VIP list that Tiago gave us specifically to send out.  As quoted in that ParadeWorld article, he picked like all his favorite 90's dudes like Clyde, Kareem and the like to get a little thank you box.

Ah ok thats what I figured but thought maaaybe there was a chance some of those made it to skate shops too for those who bought locally. But all good, maybe let Tiago know to add me to that list for his next shoe  ;) would be very appreciated!

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2173 on: August 10, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »
Just ordered mine 1010 from parade world, it's $99,95 on their site!

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/new-balance-numeric-tiago-1010-skate-shoes-black-red-1-4593629757527/

I’m a die hard  868 fan and as I’ve mentioned on here several times it’s the only shoe I skate, so much that I bought about 10 pairs once I heard they were getting discontinued. Having said that, I caved and bought a pair of each color way of the the Tiagos. Dudes the best and the shoes look like they’d skate great. I still have like 8 pairs of the 868s, so I’m kinda hoping I don’t like the 1010’s better than the 868s hahahah.

My local also has them for $99.95. Lots of sizes still and a great shop to support if your local doesn’t have them.

https://blacksheepskateshop.com/collections/newbalance

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2174 on: August 10, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
will these 1010 colors get a restock? Trying to get a pair of white 13's but they're oos everywhere

rothdigga

« Reply #2175 on: August 10, 2020, 04:42:29 PM »
will these 1010 colors get a restock? Trying to get a pair of white 13's but they're oos everywhere

Yo...Tactics has 13's in both colors.  They just put them up today.  Act quick!

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #2176 on: August 10, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's honestly so rad that you guys seeded out the shoe that way

+1

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #2177 on: August 10, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »
I love seeing all the hype for a new NB shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2178 on: August 10, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »
I went TTS and a perfect fit.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2179 on: August 10, 2020, 09:35:21 PM »
Roth,

Why couldn’t the toe mesh panel be blue as well?!

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2181 on: August 10, 2020, 11:47:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo...Tactics has 13's in both colors.  They just put them up today.  Act quick!

thanks!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2183 on: August 11, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
new 913 colors too

New Balance Numeric 913, NM913NYL, Blue with Yellow

New Balance Numeric 913, NM913BKY, Black with Blue

rothdigga

rothdigga

« Reply #2185 on: August 11, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
Roth,

That is much more of a design and production question that I steer clear of.  I give input once they present me with options of "this or that" but other than that, I am sales and let the designers handle the heavy lifting.  I learned long ago that my personal preference is definitely NOT what sells, but I do have a pretty good handle on what shops/customers will want. 

Crap

« Reply #2186 on: August 11, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
new 913 colors too

That's the nicest looking 913 colourway they've ever done.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2187 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
new 913 colors too

[close]

That's the nicest looking 913 colourway they've ever done.
yeah it looks awesome and now i want it. But also want to try the Tiago's. NB# on fire w these models and seem to be poised to continue momentum with a high top cupsole in a few months.

Crap

« Reply #2188 on: August 11, 2020, 11:22:05 AM »
NB# is doing a great job making tech cupsoles without making it a gimmick or a nostalgic throwback thing. When other brands are doing tech shoes, they seem to be either falling over themselves to show off the tech (the translucent sole on the AVE Vans), or the shoe is a foam football from 2001 (most of the eS line). 913 isn't my favourite shoe to look at, but the tech is functional, and not in your face. 1010 is tech-y, but I like the look of it. It's an evolution of older design language, but not looking back too much. There doesn't appear to be anything in there that doesn't do anything, which should be the point. Definitely hyped to try a pair if/when a local shop gets them in.

rothdigga

« Reply #2189 on: August 11, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
Roth,

Just got this from the designer, Jeff Mikut, regarding the toe mesh color.  It was inspired by this NB 850 colorway...
https://static.highsnobiety.com/thumbor/41w5y5DjAMFlidniaetYCYWFHZc=/fit-in/1200x720/smart/static.highsnobiety.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/15211136/new-balance-850-release-date-price-00.jpg