Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 800812 times)

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 302
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6480 on: September 01, 2023, 02:53:58 AM »
Speaking of the 306 -- tell me about it, the good, the bad and the ugly? Been a cupsole guy for so long and as I've loved the NB# cups I might as well give their vulcs a try.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #6481 on: September 01, 2023, 03:46:26 AM »
Is there any reason why the 480 aren't available in Europe in size 13 & 14? They're available on the USA site. The few shops that have them they even have more limited sizes.  :-\

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6482 on: September 01, 2023, 08:47:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cause that’s not the release date NB# wanted. Funny enough, they’re off the site now. And not at the link you posted. So maybe someone is watching this thread? 👀

It’s fine, they saved me $100. With the way I skate I really shouldn’t be buying shoes at this rate.
[close]

I wonder if Rothdigga knows any NB people that could be watching this thread
[close]

Don't worry guys...no one here in this office looks at this thread.  All your secrets are safe with me.

Also...FYI- the Reynolds release date at shops is actually Sept. 15.  Sorry!  It got pushed back 1 week on me.

Curious as to why they got pushed back? Video to go with the shoe?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6483 on: September 01, 2023, 10:15:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just observing- if anyone has issues with the first two 480s and heel lock/slipping - looks like the reynolds has cloth instead of leather

also curious if the reynolds will fit a lil different as far as snugness due to materials than the first two
[close]
Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Mine are great, but they give me "first run" vibes. Like one shoe has a few little imperfections.
[close]
I've got to learn to look at this area on any shoes I can't get in person. When I saw the leather there on my 480s I was pretty worried. I have a pair of the Vans MC96s that has nubuck there and the heel slip makes them unwearable for me, even as chillers. I also wasn't able to get on the Tiago train as the heel slip on the 1010s was bad for me.

Luckily, I am not having this issue with the 480s. I got slight slip on my left (which is slightly smaller than my right go figure) only on first lace up. I retied them and that was that. Bring on the colorways.

Tagging @DCLOVE cuz they asked about heel slip and I said I would respond

I found the leather inside made them feel pretty sloppy over time. The stiff sole and the pliable upper with the leather interior made my feet slip around in all directions unless I laced them fairly tight. They should definitely get rid of the leather at the very least.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #6484 on: September 01, 2023, 01:53:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cause that’s not the release date NB# wanted. Funny enough, they’re off the site now. And not at the link you posted. So maybe someone is watching this thread? 👀

It’s fine, they saved me $100. With the way I skate I really shouldn’t be buying shoes at this rate.
[close]

[close]

Don't worry guys...no one here in this office looks at this thread.  All your secrets are safe with me.

Also...FYI- the Reynolds release date at shops is actually Sept. 15.  Sorry!  It got pushed back 1 week on me.
[close]

The shoe plays music and they couldn’t clear the rights

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #6485 on: September 01, 2023, 04:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They’re also here and in my size. Think they’ll actually ship ‘em out now or wait until the 8th?

https://35thnorth.com/products/new-balance-480-bos-andrew-reynolds-chocolate-tan
[close]
why would they wait?

made me lol.

I think there will be a small Reynolds clip dropping alongside the shoes. I also hear rumours of a skate 480 high that drops around Christmas!

also
https://www.sunrisesurfshop.com/products/nb-numeric-480-bos-andrew-reynolds-shoes-chocolate-tan?variant=43846110675202
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The shoe plays music and they couldn’t clear the rights

Actually made me lol.

Apparently there is a little vid dropping with them. Also there's rumours of a hightop version coming out around Christmas 😮
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 05:41:17 PM by Sold Out »

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • RIP
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6486 on: September 01, 2023, 05:12:13 PM »
I know this is niche, but @rothdigga - could you send word up the ladder that size 13s need to come with longer laces? I’ve had about 6 pairs of nb#s and each one has required a replace set of laces just to give me enough length to tie them. Never had this happen with the (REDACTED number) of main line nbs I own.

lordtrapula

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6487 on: September 01, 2023, 05:18:14 PM »
hey fellas new to the board

found the new numeric 480's for $75 no tax

I copped the orange joints

https://www.emagenetwork.com/mens-cid-112

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6488 on: September 01, 2023, 05:58:00 PM »
Speaking of the 306 -- tell me about it, the good, the bad and the ugly? Been a cupsole guy for so long and as I've loved the NB# cups I might as well give their vulcs a try.

They’re really good. I have been a cupsole dude for the last several years, and was convinced I’d never skate a vulc again. I skated the 306s for about the last year (multiple pairs of course), and just recently went back to a cupsole for a bit to see if the shoes were the source of a leg problem I was having. I don’t think it was the shoes.

The 306s aren’t full of cushion by any stretch, and they are worlds different than the 1010s, but I’ve been skating these 1010s for the last three weeks and I’m still wondering if I should go back to the 306s.

306s have really good board feel, but still managed to not really hurt my feet after going from an emerica g6 cupsole to them. They’re one of the most durable uppers I’ve skated, and I have several more pairs to skate in the future. I’m a big fan of the shape of the shoe. It has a nice round toe, and as someone with a little wider foot, I like that extra toe room.

Overall, they’re dope. Give them a try. They’re durable,  tts, and they look nice too.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6489 on: September 01, 2023, 06:56:47 PM »

No 13, again. On NB's site, I saw some 14s. Does anyone know if shops pick what sizes to carry?

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6490 on: September 01, 2023, 08:03:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No 13, again. On NB's site, I saw some 14s. Does anyone know if shops pick what sizes to carry?

A lot of shops won't order 13s unless the shoe is very popular since they don't sell too fast.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #6491 on: September 02, 2023, 03:51:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They’re really good. I have been a cupsole dude for the last several years, and was convinced I’d never skate a vulc again. I skated the 306s for about the last year (multiple pairs of course), and just recently went back to a cupsole for a bit to see if the shoes were the source of a leg problem I was having. I don’t think it was the shoes.

The 306s aren’t full of cushion by any stretch, and they are worlds different than the 1010s, but I’ve been skating these 1010s for the last three weeks and I’m still wondering if I should go back to the 306s.

306s have really good board feel, but still managed to not really hurt my feet after going from an emerica g6 cupsole to them. They’re one of the most durable uppers I’ve skated, and I have several more pairs to skate in the future. I’m a big fan of the shape of the shoe. It has a nice round toe, and as someone with a little wider foot, I like that extra toe room.

Overall, they’re dope. Give them a try. They’re durable,  tts, and they look nice too.

Hey thanks, appreciated. Sounds like something I could very well give a shot at.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:22:14 AM by rikki »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6492 on: September 02, 2023, 04:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

A lot of shops won't order 13s unless the shoe is very popular since they don't sell too fast.
that sucks. If honestly seems like they’re the first size to go.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6493 on: September 02, 2023, 10:22:03 AM »
Regarding 13s in the 480s, when our shop was offered the drop it was a pre-determined size run for the shop that didn't include anything over 12. Basically they offer them to you and say "You can have this size run if you want it." Pretty common practice for special release shoes. Vans and other companies do it as well. Not sure if the size run was different in the US but that would be why you're not seeing bigger sizes at the shops.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6494 on: September 02, 2023, 01:08:00 PM »
Regarding 13s in the 480s, when our shop was offered the drop it was a pre-determined size run for the shop that didn't include anything over 12. Basically they offer them to you and say "You can have this size run if you want it." Pretty common practice for special release shoes. Vans and other companies do it as well. Not sure if the size run was different in the US but that would be why you're not seeing bigger sizes at the shops.

My shop got to pick what sizes we wanted to carry, and we’re in California

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6495 on: September 02, 2023, 01:21:23 PM »
Damn. NB Numeric hates Canada, confirmed.

JK! Must have been the distro chose the size allocations.

Either way, 13s and 14s can be risky buys for any shop.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #6496 on: September 02, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »
I have 2 pair of size 9 808's in great shape I'm gonna be posting for sale later today.  Giving a heads up in here first.  One pair was skated a few times, the other pair once.  Those were the only times they were worn.  Brown/green and White/butterscotch

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6497 on: September 02, 2023, 03:05:49 PM »

Thanks for the insights, honestly I'm very used to not find 13-14 at local shops. But usually NB Site or the big online shops have them.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6498 on: September 02, 2023, 04:29:05 PM »
Zappos has lots of their shoes in 13 and 14. I hope they eventually send the 480s there. I’m trying not to hoard stuff, but my sizes never last (in online skate shops).

lordtrapula

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6499 on: September 02, 2023, 05:02:10 PM »
more skate shoes than I’d need but grab em anyway for $50 a piece

gonna break in the bred pair over the next week or so

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #6500 on: September 02, 2023, 05:26:09 PM »
3 pairs of 880s should be good for 2-3 years worth skating

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6501 on: September 02, 2023, 05:39:21 PM »

gonna break in the bred pair over the next week or so

You’ll do no such thing. They’re gonna break you in lol. Enjoy 😄

Sturdiest shoe I’ve ever owned.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #6502 on: September 03, 2023, 03:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just observing- if anyone has issues with the first two 480s and heel lock/slipping - looks like the reynolds has cloth instead of leather

also curious if the reynolds will fit a lil different as far as snugness due to materials than the first two
[close]
Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Mine are great, but they give me "first run" vibes. Like one shoe has a few little imperfections.
[close]
I've got to learn to look at this area on any shoes I can't get in person. When I saw the leather there on my 480s I was pretty worried. I have a pair of the Vans MC96s that has nubuck there and the heel slip makes them unwearable for me, even as chillers. I also wasn't able to get on the Tiago train as the heel slip on the 1010s was bad for me.

Luckily, I am not having this issue with the 480s. I got slight slip on my left (which is slightly smaller than my right go figure) only on first lace up. I retied them and that was that. Bring on the colorways.

Tagging @DCLOVE cuz they asked about heel slip and I said I would respond

Oh wow I only came back into this thread to find that pic of the 480 line up. Thank you. That makes me secure In finding a pair . I always thought it was weird the 1010 was the only shoe I’ve had major heel slip with in years I’m glad I’m not alone and I’m glad the  480 works for some one else with that issue. I’ll be buying a pair in the next week then!
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #6503 on: September 03, 2023, 08:23:21 AM »

These are the two pair.  I'll post them to the general sales thread tonight.  I'd do the $50 each and would split shipping costs. 

I can also take more pics.  Just posted this quick of the lefts as i'm old and regular and barely skate goofy, so these are the two that would have marks from skating.  I also haven't tried to clean up the white ones yet.  I'm sure I could make that toe look a bit nicer if I did.

Let me know

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6504 on: September 03, 2023, 08:59:35 AM »
6th session down on the 480. These shoes are basically invisible to me. Meaning I don’t think about them when I’m skating. Which is a wonderful thing. No discomfort, no issues, I just forget all about them and skate 😀

The 440s made me feel every push. The 808s made me overly clumsy.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #6505 on: September 03, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
@rothdigga when can you start slipping us some teasers of Knox’s shoe

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6506 on: September 04, 2023, 03:04:49 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6507 on: September 04, 2023, 03:17:08 AM »
Weird to see Tom not skating 440's, it feels wrong.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6508 on: September 04, 2023, 12:07:18 PM »
Weird to see Tom not skating 440's, it feels wrong.
yea first thing I thought of but it doesn’t feel wrong. It feels proper. His own shoe. So good!

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #6509 on: September 04, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »
The logo on the heel seems a bit overkill