Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798849 times)

Mongo Lloyd, Murray Hewitt and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

beecee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6690 on: September 15, 2023, 08:42:30 AM »
had to snag some of those reynolds 480s online. havent skated NB# since the very first drop, had a pair of the stratfords and brightons i really liked.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6691 on: September 15, 2023, 10:15:22 AM »

Pretty stoked since I'm on Poland on holidays and we're now in a place called Liba that only has 4000 inhabitants but they got a NB store and I found these 808 for 40€ and this sweet hat.
6th pair of 808 so far, love them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 10:57:54 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6692 on: September 15, 2023, 10:41:57 AM »
Reynolds 480s sold out at my local within a couple hours. The vans zahba mid Beatrice shoe (20 dollars more) has only sold out of one size after 2 months plus of sitting on the shelf. I find it hilarious that vans put out a thicker mid cupsole after letting go/not agreeing to pay the one guy that could sell a 120 dollar shoe.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6693 on: September 15, 2023, 11:31:39 AM »
Reynolds 480s sold out at my local within a couple hours. The vans zahba mid Beatrice shoe (20 dollars more) has only sold out of one size after 2 months plus of sitting on the shelf. I find it hilarious that vans put out a thicker mid cupsole after letting go/not agreeing to pay the one guy that could sell a 120 dollar shoe.

I just took Reynolds word that he left by choice.    We’ve heard they aren’t run particularly run well behind the scenes.  I think he was stoked to go

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6694 on: September 15, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just took Reynolds word that he left by choice.    We’ve heard they aren’t run particularly run well behind the scenes.  I think he was stoked to go

Which further reinforces @camel filters point that Vans wasn't willing to do more to market Reynolds as he deserved. Especially with pioneering a Reynolds cupsole pro model that was something like the Zahba Mid and instead they push a mid "pro" Beatrice for that flop of a shoe.

@Atiba Applebum you are more than likely correct that he chose to leave once the contract was up. The writing on the wall was crystal clear after the Reynolds capsule dropped that Vans was not interested in collaborating on a pro shoe beyond that. Unlike NB#, where they offer a spotlight colorway and pro shoe potential.

At the end of the day, I'm stoked Reynolds cupsoles are a thing again because that's a glimmer of hope in a sea of dread (skateboarding & real world shit) to enjoy
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6695 on: September 15, 2023, 12:06:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Which further reinforces @camel filters point that Vans wasn't willing to do more to market Reynolds as he deserved. Especially with pioneering a Reynolds cupsole pro model that was something like the Zahba Mid and instead they push a mid "pro" Beatrice for that flop of a shoe.

@Atiba Applebum you are more than likely correct that he chose to leave once the contract was up. The writing on the wall was crystal clear after the Reynolds capsule dropped that Vans was not interested in collaborating on a pro shoe beyond that. Unlike NB#, where they offer a spotlight colorway and pro shoe potential.

At the end of the day, I'm stoked Reynolds cupsoles are a thing again because that's a glimmer of hope in a sea of dread (skateboarding & real world shit) to enjoy

For sure - it’s just weird that sponsor changes (unless it’s Kader) always are presented as the action of the sponsorer and not the sponsoree. 

I agree Vans blew it, but I’m not that confident a Reynolds shoe out of them would look that good.   He was there for peak Emerica and he’s at NB now with some grade A designers.   I have hopes for his shoe bc of that. 

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • RIP
« Reply #6696 on: September 15, 2023, 12:12:06 PM »
Damn - I have $40 in store credit with Premier, so I was all geared up to cop the Reynolds 480 with them. Then size 13 sold out within ~15 seconds. Haven’t seen that kinda action outside of Dunks!

Told myself it was “meant to be” and I can save the $$$… then I started searching again… realized almost nowhere had 13s… then saw DLX SF had em and I can pick em up today… self control lol

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #6697 on: September 15, 2023, 12:24:42 PM »
Ordered the Reynolds 480’s. I hope so much (without scrolling through the previous pages) that they fit tts.

So far the best fit for my foot of all the models I’ve wore has been the 440’s.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
« Reply #6698 on: September 15, 2023, 12:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

For sure - it’s just weird that sponsor changes (unless it’s Kader) always are presented as the action of the sponsorer and not the sponsoree. 

I agree Vans blew it, but I’m not that confident a Reynolds shoe out of them would look that good.   He was there for peak Emerica and he’s at NB now with some grade A designers.   I have hopes for his shoe bc of that.
I used the words "letting him go" and "not willing to pay" because I'm aware reynolds said he left on his own. But it seemed like vans let him go without much effort to keep a good investment. I'm sure reynolds would have reconsidered not renewing if vans showed they were interested in making shoes that he would be comfortable in and giving him a shoe. The zahba mid just struck me as a direction that reynolds could have made appealing to the masses is all.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6699 on: September 15, 2023, 12:36:06 PM »
Ordered the Reynolds 480’s. I hope so much (without scrolling through the previous pages) that they fit tts.

So far the best fit for my foot of all the models I’ve wore has been the 440’s.
You’re good. They fit better than the 440 lows, a little tighter than the highs. TTS IMHO.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6700 on: September 15, 2023, 12:53:28 PM »
Just chiming in to say I also ordered the Boss 480 as soon as they became available. Really excited with the collaboration with Reynolds and NB, much love!

aksanaom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6701 on: September 15, 2023, 12:55:52 PM »
I found some 480’s at a local place and wanted so much to get them, but the heel was a little too narrow for me. Ended up getting some 1010’s. They look and feel sweet otherwise though.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6702 on: September 15, 2023, 01:27:57 PM »

Popped into Val Surf with the intent of getting just the 480’s. The 440’s were both on sale and I had mentioned to one of my buddies yesterday how I wish I got some of the Tom Knox’s. Had to get them when I saw them
fuck you bama

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6703 on: September 15, 2023, 01:37:18 PM »

Popped into Val Surf with the intent of getting just the 480’s. The 440’s were both on sale and I had mentioned to one of my buddies yesterday how I wish I got some of the Tom Knox’s. Had to get them when I saw them

440 and 480 size comparison please!

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6704 on: September 15, 2023, 02:07:51 PM »
Damn - I have $40 in store credit with Premier, so I was all geared up to cop the Reynolds 480 with them. Then size 13 sold out within ~15 seconds. Haven’t seen that kinda action outside of Dunks!

Told myself it was “meant to be” and I can save the $$$… then I started searching again… realized almost nowhere had 13s… then saw DLX SF had em and I can pick em up today… self control lol
I grabbed one of those 13’s from premier, sorry about that bro! I was F5’ing the page at 9:59 EST.. had shop pay ready to go as well.

Crazy to think, this is the most I’ve seen a shoes&gear thread move in years around one specific product release.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6705 on: September 15, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

440 and 480 size comparison please!
I wear a 10.5. I got them both in 10.5
fuck you bama

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6706 on: September 15, 2023, 02:18:21 PM »
Shout out to Premier. Got the Reynolds shipped out after purchase in 15 minutes.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #6707 on: September 15, 2023, 02:35:11 PM »
I'm just waiting for reynold's own shoe company in the future  ;D

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6708 on: September 15, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »
Reynold’s 480. 8-13 available, if anyone is looking. Free shipping since it’s over $75.

https://www.abstractskate.com/new-balance-440-by-andrew-reynolds.html

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6709 on: September 15, 2023, 04:19:38 PM »
Reynold’s 480. 8-13 available, if anyone is looking. Free shipping since it’s over $75.

https://www.abstractskate.com/new-balance-440-by-andrew-reynolds.html

gracias

DanRar009

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6710 on: September 15, 2023, 04:25:43 PM »
Skate warehouse has the Reynolds 480. Every size up to 12, just ordered mine

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #6711 on: September 15, 2023, 04:40:29 PM »
It doesn't seem like any of my local shops will have the Reynolds 480s (two of them don't carry NB), so I ordered them from Atlas. I figured this was the next best thing since they're still kind of local to me. Plus I don't wanna miss out on these!

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/new-balance-numeric-nm480bos

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #6712 on: September 15, 2023, 06:22:34 PM »
It’s sick these 480’s are flying off the shelves.  New Balance deserves every bit of the success.  I may wait for future drops since I’m too stocked up on product at the moment.  I usually wait for sales and the 480BOS in particular doesn’t seemly likely to be stocked for very long   ;D

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #6713 on: September 15, 2023, 06:33:09 PM »
Any word on other upcoming 480 colorways? I’m intrigued by the model but haven’t been feeling any of the three colorways released thus far. I’m super happy for Reynolds but brown/black just isn’t for me.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6714 on: September 15, 2023, 06:47:43 PM »
Any word on other upcoming 480 colorways? I’m intrigued by the model but haven’t been feeling any of the three colorways released thus far. I’m super happy for Reynolds but brown/black just isn’t for me.

there's this pic with the upcoming other colorways, no dates afaik

Expand Quote
Im too dumb to know how to post photos but on reynolds story there is a catalogue photo of all the 480 colorways
[close]
Yeah, I need a plug now. I’ll gladly buy all of them.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #6715 on: September 15, 2023, 06:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there's this pic with the upcoming other colorways, no dates afaik

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Im too dumb to know how to post photos but on reynolds story there is a catalogue photo of all the 480 colorways
[close]
Yeah, I need a plug now. I’ll gladly buy all of them.
[close]

Thanks much.

Hot damn, now I’m very intrigued by this shoe. Looks like there’s some in there I would definitely consider.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6716 on: September 15, 2023, 07:04:39 PM »
Black upper / solid white outsole seems like it’s next up

With also a full white upper/black outsole

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6717 on: September 15, 2023, 07:16:24 PM »
The other 480s came out last month. So I feel like new colors will come every month.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6718 on: September 15, 2023, 10:10:44 PM »
I bought the Boss 480s from Escapist online because I live 90 miles away and wanted to make sure I could get a pair (they had 2 in stock).

Got there, tried on my purchased shoes, loved them, took them off and took them to my car.

I then put them back on my feet. Walked around for maybe 10 minutes, warned my wife of what I was about to do, and walked my ass back in to Escapist and bought the other pair of size 12s they had. Sorry KC homies.

(I’d post a photo, but I can’t ever get them sized right without looking like I had a potato for a camera.)

lordtrapula

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6719 on: September 15, 2023, 11:14:30 PM »
The Boss's 480's are flying of the shelves. Need to get a pair soon.

Skated the orange 480 and it feels like a dream on the board out the box. Maybe one day I'll give the Tiagos another shot but rn the 480 is the shoe for me.

Crazy that the perfect dunk alternative has been from NB and it's not a 550.