Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798709 times)

Atiba Applebum, beecee and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7140 on: October 05, 2023, 07:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]

Pals, Rothdigga posted and whatever shoes he’s wearing look interesting. All black 480 highs? My PI skills aren’t that great if anyone else has some intel.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyBNZIfrPhT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
got the zoom & enhance. heel shot trying to find the top, looks like a high/mid. didn't see any super clear shot of the collar

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7141 on: October 05, 2023, 08:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]

Pals, Rothdigga posted and whatever shoes he’s wearing look interesting. All black 480 highs? My PI skills aren’t that great if anyone else has some intel.

[close]
got the zoom & enhance. heel shot trying to find the top, looks like a high/mid. didn't see any super clear shot of the collar

It is pretty hilarious to tease a mid whilst wearing pants!

That said, not often into all black, but these are intriguing

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #7142 on: October 05, 2023, 08:45:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

It is pretty hilarious to tease a mid whilst wearing pants!

That said, not often into all black, but these are intriguing

Nice work! Kinda reminds of the OG Gino Dunks.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7143 on: October 05, 2023, 09:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I’m guessing these are mids. I seem to recall one of the NB# guys saying they also think the standard 480 Highs look a little odd, which leads me to believe the numeric ones will look slightly different.

Either way, who can I give my credit card information to? I’m just ready for a 480 subscription service 😂

I’m serious. I wish there was a service that could just send me the latest drops in size 14 so I wouldn’t have to stalk this thread and IG lol

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7144 on: October 05, 2023, 09:39:11 AM »
@rothdigga Don't know if it's been asked yet but will there be a restock of the reynolds 480's? I have a pair but would like to make an informed decision on whether to skate them or keep them as chillers.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #7145 on: October 05, 2023, 10:04:40 AM »

I’m in.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #7146 on: October 05, 2023, 10:11:56 AM »
Dear NB, please stop, I don't have the money to keep up.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7147 on: October 05, 2023, 12:07:14 PM »

I second this. I've been investing my hard earned in Numeric happiness.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7148 on: October 05, 2023, 12:49:23 PM »
Let’s just keep the madness going. This is a 480 thread now:

Quality is shit cause I found them on Google. Guess a site posted then removed them lol.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7149 on: October 05, 2023, 12:51:23 PM »
gonna say this harsher than i need to but the numeric 480s make the normal model look like dogshit

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7150 on: October 05, 2023, 12:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I second this. I've been investing my hard earned in Numeric happiness.
Kinda brings me back to the Brighton Hi Ln.

the only pair of Nb# I have ever skated… these are super nice tho!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7151 on: October 05, 2023, 01:00:04 PM »
Has anyone heard of this place?

https://freestyleshop.com/products/new-balance-numeric-mens-franky-villani-417-black-orange-shoes

It supposedly has the Halloween 417s in size 14. But I can’t find much info on this shop. They have lots of NB# stuff, but it seems sketch. IG is out of date too.

Part of me feels like it’s just a person with connections selling shit from their garage lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 01:07:27 PM by OhioGuy »

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7152 on: October 05, 2023, 02:58:53 PM »

https://freestyleshop.com/products/new-balance-numeric-mens-franky-villani-417-black-orange-shoes

It supposedly has the Halloween 417s in size 14. But I can’t find much info on this shop. They have lots of NB# stuff, but it seems sketch. IG is out of date too.

Part of me feels like it’s just a person with connections selling shit from their garage lol
NB site has em in 14 so I know we actually produced 14s.
Get litty.....

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7153 on: October 05, 2023, 03:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
NB site has em in 14 so I know we actually produced 14s.
Oh nice! Thanks!

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7154 on: October 05, 2023, 04:35:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Rothdigga has to be maniacally laughing wherever he is at right now for teasing that he’s skating 480 mids/highs, and then posting a clip in pants. Hahahaha.

Well played, sir. Well played.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 04:59:23 PM by flintstagram »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7155 on: October 05, 2023, 05:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Rothdigga has to be maniacally laughing wherever he is at right now for teasing that he’s skating 480 mids/highs, and then posting a clip in pants. Hahahaha.

Well played, sir. Well played.

fwiw, grabbing those screenshots made me feel like a victorian era pervert trying to sneak a peek at an ankle

mini greek

« Reply #7156 on: October 05, 2023, 07:09:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love the insanity in this thread. The best shoes deserve the most OCD fans.
[close]

Check side 6 - I found an early old Tom Knox 600 a year and change before it’s dropping.
[close]
What you’re seeing is the original 90s shoe that the Knox is based on.
[close]

Ahh I could never find a photo of the original.   I DMed this to Roth and he thought it might be the Knox
[close]

Im sure the brilliant marketing team we have will be using the original shoe at some point in the rollout of Toms shoe. But good eye on catching those! We always try to check our surroundings before shooting photos in the office, hahaha.
[close]

Good to hear.   I’m looking forward to seeing official pics presumably next week since that’s two weeks out from release

Also, that 440 colorway is rad, was it ever released?
The one Jeff’s wearing? Those were Tyler Surreys 440 colorway from a few months back if so.
Get litty.....

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7157 on: October 05, 2023, 08:06:19 PM »

Tiago is wearing a slightly different b&w 1010. Minor differences include an all white N instead of a black one with a white outline. Also, the white contrasting outsole accents are black on this one.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7158 on: October 05, 2023, 08:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Check side 6 - I found an early old Tom Knox 600 a year and change before it’s dropping.
[close]
[close]

Ahh I could never find a photo of the original.   I DMed this to Roth and he thought it might be the Knox
[close]

Im sure the brilliant marketing team we have will be using the original shoe at some point in the rollout of Toms shoe. But good eye on catching those! We always try to check our surroundings before shooting photos in the office, hahaha.
[close]

Good to hear.   I’m looking forward to seeing official pics presumably next week since that’s two weeks out from release

[close]
The one Jeff’s wearing? Those were Tyler Surreys 440 colorway from a few months back if so.

On slide 6 above the computer

mini greek

« Reply #7159 on: October 05, 2023, 09:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ahhhh, that’s a very early NJ SkateShop sample. Changed quite a bit from where it was there to the final.
Get litty.....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7160 on: October 05, 2023, 09:22:02 PM »
Let’s just keep the madness going. This is a 480 thread now:

Quality is shit cause I found them on Google. Guess a site posted then removed them lol.
I love white shoes on a black sole. Obviously I'll fell for those once they're available.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #7161 on: October 05, 2023, 09:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
the top green shoes on the right, are those green 480s??

easymoneysniper

« Reply #7162 on: October 05, 2023, 10:36:00 PM »
i have a pair of pretty much good-as-new size 13 1010s that i may be looking to ship off. i rarely wear em and i just don't think i ever will. anyone down to maybe trade or buy em off me? in so cal if interested in a meet-up swap type dealio. not sure if there's a thread specifically for swaps or sales but i figured i'd come to the NB# one cuz they're 1010s.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7163 on: October 05, 2023, 11:30:05 PM »
i have a pair of pretty much good-as-new size 13 1010s that i may be looking to ship off. i rarely wear em and i just don't think i ever will. anyone down to maybe trade or buy em off me? in so cal if interested in a meet-up swap type dealio. not sure if there's a thread specifically for swaps or sales but i figured i'd come to the NB# one cuz they're 1010s.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?board=2.0
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #7164 on: October 06, 2023, 01:20:11 AM »

Not in socal, but interested. What colour and how much are you lookin for shipped to the bay? PM me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7165 on: October 06, 2023, 01:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
the top green shoes on the right, are those green 480s??

The tan with black.   A few boards above confirmed they were an early NJ sample before they went with the baseball aesthetic

DanRar009

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7166 on: October 06, 2023, 01:52:33 AM »

Tiago is wearing a slightly different b&w 1010. Minor differences include an all white N instead of a black one with a white outline. Also, the white contrasting outsole accents are black on this one.

I think those were one of the poets colorways

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7167 on: October 06, 2023, 01:55:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Ahhhh, that’s a very early NJ SkateShop sample. Changed quite a bit from where it was there to the final.

I liked that little series of giving shops 440s to design.    The Leeds one had great choices all throughout and actually convinced me to give NB a try after being devastated that first Arto colorway had to scrap the leather after all the ads were already made and shipped out to reviewers

http://youtu.be/YCV5ppS-MBA?si=HppfCeeYj3hkcxNF

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7168 on: October 06, 2023, 05:07:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think those were one of the poets colorways
Ah, indeed. I had not seen that poets colorway.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #7169 on: October 06, 2023, 06:53:05 AM »
gonna say this harsher than i need to but the numeric 480s make the normal model look like dogshit

just like how SB Dunks make the Nike Sportswear Dunks look like (cus they are) dogshit.

all the upcoming CWs do look nice, the black and grey one that Ryan Lay was wearing in his story the other day also look really good