Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798855 times)

Mongo Lloyd, Murray Hewitt and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7380 on: October 16, 2023, 05:30:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve mostly been into the 440 but for the sake of curiosity, I tried on a pair of 1010’s today. They felt surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because I have always have a hard time finding shoes that fit me well. The only thing that bugged me is that it felt like the arch felt like it was pushing too far inward or something. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Second question, out of all the NB cupsoles which do you feel have the longest lasting grip?
[close]

1010. I have skated them past being bald and into the foam and even that gripped pretty well.
[close]
1010s gave a bit of arch pain every session after the first 10 minutes but it went away with prolonged use. I accepted that over the lasting lower back pain I got from vulc shoes I was on before.

To me they felt slippery after the sole went bald, which is why I haven't gotten another pair but I think I might get them again in the future because they are still definitely one of my favorite shoes
[close]
I agree with everything said about 1010. Probably my current fav shoe.
In a slightly similar topic: 440 are described always as a cup that feels like vulc. Same applies with 417 but backwards? A vulc that feels like a cup? Got the green ones, not a fan of the cw but for €49 shipped I couldn't say no + I'm a big Franky fan and is been a while since I had a mid top.
[close]
Where?
[close]
https://wearestrap.com/products/new-balance-numeric-417-franky-villani-1
A friend who lives in Valencia told me he found that shop on front of his flat. He got some Primitive board for like €40 too. You can find 272 for that same price and 425 for €35. Shipping to CZ was €9

[close]
Thanks!
You're welcome. Mine arrived today to the Mailroom in my office can't wait to check them up but I only go to the office on Thursdays
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7381 on: October 16, 2023, 08:55:36 AM »

Any one else having this issue with their 480s? Second session on them and the toe is separated from the suede. someone else posted a pic too.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
480 sizing feels a bit weird to me, coming from skating 808 and 1010 exclusively for the last year and a half. Also upper started separating from the outsole after about 10 minutes of skating. Anyone else have anything like this happen with their 480s?

[close]

That does look like a bit of a defect.  I don't know/think I can get you a replacement pair of 480's since they're mostly sold out but shoot me a DM with your info and I'll try to sort you out.  I already know offering this that you probably live in The Sudan or Bangladesh or somewhere else that will be a fortune to ship to...ha.  Such is the SLAP way whenever I offer these services.
[close]
Shot you a DM on this.  Hit me back when you get a chance.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7382 on: October 16, 2023, 10:35:53 AM »
I've had the same thing happen on all of my 3 pairs of Jake Darwen 440 highs to where I prob won't buy a high until V2.

rothdigga

« Reply #7383 on: October 16, 2023, 12:55:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any one else having this issue with their 480s? Second session on them and the toe is separated from the suede. someone else posted a pic too.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
480 sizing feels a bit weird to me, coming from skating 808 and 1010 exclusively for the last year and a half. Also upper started separating from the outsole after about 10 minutes of skating. Anyone else have anything like this happen with their 480s?

[close]

That does look like a bit of a defect.  I don't know/think I can get you a replacement pair of 480's since they're mostly sold out but shoot me a DM with your info and I'll try to sort you out.  I already know offering this that you probably live in The Sudan or Bangladesh or somewhere else that will be a fortune to ship to...ha.  Such is the SLAP way whenever I offer these services.
[close]
[close]
Same thing here man :/
[close]

Can’t say I’m not disappointed. Been a long loyal fastbreak fan, first time mixing it up in a while. Even though they’re meant to be destroyed,  it sucks to see an obvious quality issue on an expensive shoe.
[close]

@rothdigga Are the issues we’re seeing with the 480 just the Reynolds colorway or should other pairs be fine? Seems isolated. Love the shoe though.
Seems like an isolated incident as I've only seen a few pairs here and there have this happen to so our best guess is it was a select batch it happened to.  We're definitely not rushing these and compromising quality so no worry there, seems like it was a small bonding/material issue on that colorway specifically.  We appreciate all of the feedback on here and will always make sure we do right by anyone who has a quality issue with anything we make so keep them coming. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #7384 on: October 16, 2023, 01:42:19 PM »
Are the yin yangs not available in Europe?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rothdigga

« Reply #7385 on: October 16, 2023, 03:54:40 PM »
They are but they're getting them later on.  Their buy went in for a different season on those so I expect them out there in 1-2 months. 

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7386 on: October 16, 2023, 07:13:48 PM »
I just saw those candy corn Dunks and they’re super tacky (like most themed Dunks).

NBs just look more “mature” to me. Maybe it’s the muted colors. I can’t wait until the next wave of 480s. Hopefully more of them mix materials like the Reynolds.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #7387 on: October 17, 2023, 02:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They are but they're getting them later on.  Their buy went in for a different season on those so I expect them out there in 1-2 months.

Cool thanks man
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7388 on: October 17, 2023, 05:14:56 AM »

Does that little "upper rubber" on the toe brothers anybody flick wise?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #7389 on: October 17, 2023, 06:31:11 AM »

I dig it, just like the fastbreaks; love the flick on these

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7390 on: October 17, 2023, 06:40:13 AM »

Yes, hated it until it wore a bit

input

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7391 on: October 17, 2023, 06:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Cool thanks man

If you dont mind ordering from the UK, Noteshop & Welcome Leeds just got some pairs in today. Be sure to double check the size however, as UK Sizes are 1 smaller than US (UK10=US11).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7392 on: October 17, 2023, 07:12:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, hated it until it wore a bit
Same here. Really hate the thing but I was hoping that a little wear will solve it. Thanks for the output.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #7393 on: October 17, 2023, 07:57:31 AM »
Just got back into some 440H's after a long fastbreak streak and damn they're just so good.

Can't wait for the V2, literally my only complaint of the 440 is that a bit of midsole in the forefoot would make them perfect.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7394 on: October 17, 2023, 08:12:17 AM »
Trying to patiently wait on my black 480's and new board from Kinetic that have been not moving in PA since the day after I ordered them  >:(

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #7395 on: October 17, 2023, 08:21:49 AM »
Trying to patiently wait on my black 480's and new board from Kinetic that have been not moving in PA since the day after I ordered them  >:(

They'll get moving along soon enough, sometimes it takes a little bit to fulfill orders there but never had any issues ordering from those guys. Owners are good at responding to emails if you need a status update or get things going quicker.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7396 on: October 17, 2023, 09:01:06 AM »
They’ll come. They’re good people. I ordered two pairs of size 14 480s from them and they arrived without issue.

It’s the shipping. My white 480s come today, but they were sitting in Arizona for a few days (which is what I get for ordering them before the official release date when I caught another place slipping). So it’s not a shop thing. I feel like UPS and FedEx are just slow lately.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7397 on: October 17, 2023, 09:07:40 AM »
Wanted so bad to like 480 but there is no replacement for 1010, specially with that little extra rubber I pointed some posts ago.
Found some 22 for a nice price and got me curious. Anybody tried them? What about sizing?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:18:08 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7398 on: October 17, 2023, 09:59:53 AM »
My white 480s and another pair of Reynolds were waiting for me when I got back from a cold October session 🥹

The pictures don’t do the white ones justice. They’re a nice off-white color.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #7399 on: October 17, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »
Decided to go and try on some NBs the other day despite telling myself I'd never go the corporate shoe brand route but holy shit. 480s felt great but a little snug, ended up with a pair of 1010s even though they're not my style at all. I can't get over how comfortable and supportive they are.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #7400 on: October 17, 2023, 12:16:43 PM »
Wanted so bad to like 480 but there is no replacement for 1010, specially with that little extra rubber I pointed some posts ago.
Found some 22 for a nice price and got me curious. Anybody tried them? What about sizing?

I usually skate 440/1010. But I also got some 22 for a nice price. I'm size 8 in just about everything, but 8 in the 22 feels a little roomy. Probably could've done 7.5. It also feels very thin to me. Reminds me a lot of the Louie CONS shoe looking down on foot. Honestly, though, 22 doesn't compare to other NB# models like 440/1010 IMHO. Obviously those are very different models, so that's to be expected. But my 22s are chillers and not being skated.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7401 on: October 17, 2023, 01:20:33 PM »
@rothdigga which 480s will be suede?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7402 on: October 17, 2023, 02:28:42 PM »
In the picture with all the 480s, the last three appear to be suede. Here's one of them from the Zine he posted:

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7403 on: October 17, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »
Thanks, I can't tell very well from pics cuz when I click on the image it enlarges in resolution equal to an 8 bit video game.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7404 on: October 17, 2023, 02:48:43 PM »
Wild guess but I think the white black 480s are PU coated suede
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

rothdigga

« Reply #7405 on: October 17, 2023, 02:54:31 PM »
The last couple of drops this year will be suede ones, hopefully that's what you're looking for.

rothdigga

« Reply #7406 on: October 17, 2023, 02:55:23 PM »
Wild guess but I think the white black 480s are PU coated suede
These ones are full grain leather actually.  Normally we use the PU coated suede but went big for these 480's.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #7407 on: October 17, 2023, 06:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe cause it's that smooth leather and the adhesive doesn't stick well to it on the edges? Haven't worn my Reynolds yet so can't give any more insight

Edit- just remembered seeing a post on here comparing them but aren't the 480 Reynolds toe a bit modified from the previous 2 480 cw? Could be the sole is made for a bit more material to be stretched out to fill that tiny gap.
[close]
You might be talking about this photo that I posted:

The toebox on the Reynolds looks more square, but it’s probably an illusion due to the color.

I just wanted to comment on this, since I just received my 480’s.

In the same box my left shoe of the pair has a squarer toe than the right. So it’s not so much differing colorway to colorway, but just individual shoe to shoe.

It also looks like the left shoe I received is going to develop the delaminating issue others have posted here. I’m yet to skate or even wear them, but it looks like there is already a separation occurring. 
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
« Reply #7408 on: October 17, 2023, 06:32:47 PM »
Stocking up on 212s/213s and ruining them with black rit dye...

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7409 on: October 17, 2023, 08:14:23 PM »
To all with the coming undone at the front of the Reynolds 480's is it actually below the suede level?  Or if you skated it and wore down the top of that bumper would it be fine?  I'll be on my second session in them this weekend and will update here but so far I'm not seeing anything looking off with mine and they are one of the most comfortable, best fitting shoes I've had.