Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798733 times)

rothdigga and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 302
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7770 on: November 10, 2023, 09:05:28 AM »
I reckon the 440v2 will be perfect for peeps who think the 480 is a tad too thick and not enough board feel-y.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #7771 on: November 10, 2023, 09:06:50 AM »

Those 440 V2 are looking tiiight

every pic of the v2 looks much better than any v1 I've seen. Was never really a 440 fan, but the big N and toe piece panel make it a much nicer looking shoe IMO.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #7772 on: November 10, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »
 Still not 100% sold on that big N but I do think the shoe overall looks nice. Definitely looks a little thicker than the og 440, which is great.

grassblade

« Reply #7773 on: November 10, 2023, 03:50:16 PM »
the 440 insole is garbage
it almost sinks the entire shoe

praying the V2
-is thicker / more sturdy
-has an actual insole

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #7774 on: November 10, 2023, 05:32:49 PM »
My buddy who gets new balances says the 440 v2 is definitely more supportive than the first one and skates really good, same ortholite insole tho apparently

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #7775 on: November 10, 2023, 05:33:22 PM »

whoa these look way better than the catalogs made them seem

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #7776 on: November 11, 2023, 04:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

whoa these look way better than the catalogs made them seem

first off: these look good to me!

now what i wanna know if anybody knows is if the toe piece goes a lil further up on the shoe compared to the 440v1? Looks like it in this screengrab pic.

also can anybody confirm if they have a midsole all the way through to the toes? the sole looks thicker in the forefoot on the pic too and the sole being so thin under the forefoot was ultimately the dealbreaker on the 440s before for me

i don't really care too much for how the N looks on the newer ones. ifa anything i might even like it more....

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7777 on: November 11, 2023, 05:27:41 AM »
I think the "N" is too big, and it has this modern font. I prefer the old "N", but overall aestetics, the newer ones look sick to skate

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7778 on: November 11, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »

Jumping on the 440 bandwagon. Not the typical shoe shape I like, but I’ve had my eye on these for a while. Finally found them for a price I didn’t mind paying. Definitely need an insole upgrade, the one new I tried were to high and caused some heel slip… maybe the ones from the 272s will work once I blow them out.

Edit: I finally get on the 440 bandwagon just to see they’ve got a V2… damnit…

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7779 on: November 11, 2023, 08:56:28 AM »
The N on the V2 is similar to a lot of NB lifestyle shoes and I don't love it but it looks fine in person. A beefed up 440 is my grail shoe so I'm stoked.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7780 on: November 11, 2023, 08:59:05 AM »
When V2 are dropping? Hopefully in a while since NB# put a hole in my pocket but I'm not complaining
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Scarecrow Radio

• we are the music makers
« Reply #7781 on: November 11, 2023, 10:24:47 AM »
Anyboy who has these or has seen them in person, is the sole optic white? It looks sort of off-white in photos

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7782 on: November 11, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »
Just decluttered my closet. Sucks getting rid of my 440s, but I have no use for them now. Sure someone in need will use them.

My life always goes in this cycle. I’ll go crazy and buy a bunch of stuff, then purge it the following year lol.

Don’t think I’ll try the V2s. Gonna stick with my plan of no new models until the Reynolds. I’m so used to the 480s now that I rarely think about them on my feet.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7783 on: November 11, 2023, 01:19:17 PM »
My life always goes in this cycle. I’ll go crazy and buy a bunch of stuff, then purge it the following year lol.

I think this is the goal of modern capitalism, or at least consumer goods marketed through the internet. I'm super guilty of this too and I am always wondering in retrospect why I fall for the same shit and engage in the same habits. I've got 4 pairs of 1010 on deck and I love that shoe, but I kinda love 440s more so why not just deal until V2 comes out?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7784 on: November 11, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think this is the goal of modern capitalism, or at least consumer goods marketed through the internet. I'm super guilty of this too and I am always wondering in retrospect why I fall for the same shit and engage in the same habits. I've got 4 pairs of 1010 on deck and I love that shoe, but I kinda love 440s more so why not just deal until V2 comes out?
It’s just tempting to always buy stuff cause it’s on sale, and as an adult with disposable income, skate gear isn’t that expensive. I think my issue is how it’ll affect the planet. Like my gear is so specific it’s hard to get rid of in my small town.

My only solution is to use my gear until it’s useless.

But I’d definitely wait for the V2 since you love the OGs. Who knows, they may turn into your new favorite and you won’t want to skate the 1010s.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #7785 on: November 11, 2023, 09:44:10 PM »
Does anyone have an estimate on when the v2's drop? I only skate the 440h right now but like some others want that slightly more supportive mid sole

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7786 on: November 11, 2023, 10:19:33 PM »
Does anyone have an estimate on when the v2's drop? I only skate the 440h right now but like some others want that slightly more supportive mid sole

Unlikely before 2024

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7787 on: November 11, 2023, 11:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s just tempting to always buy stuff cause it’s on sale, and as an adult with disposable income, skate gear isn’t that expensive. I think my issue is how it’ll affect the planet. Like my gear is so specific it’s hard to get rid of in my small town.

My only solution is to use my gear until it’s useless.

But I’d definitely wait for the V2 since you love the OGs. Who knows, they may turn into your new favorite and you won’t want to skate the 1010s.

I used to race bikes and skate shoes are 100% cheaper than anything in that sport so I feel ya there

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #7788 on: November 12, 2023, 02:56:05 AM »

Anyboy who has these or has seen them in person, is the sole optic white? It looks sort of off-white in photos
[/quote]

Does this help

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7789 on: November 12, 2023, 04:57:24 AM »
These are my made in USA chillers

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7790 on: November 12, 2023, 05:52:09 AM »
Just came back from skating the 600 for the first time and I'm very pleased.
For me shoe worked perfectly, they felt good straight away and sure they're TTS.
Grip is great and tbh I can't think of anything bad about them besides wishing some tongue straps and maybe a little thicker/puffier tongue.
Landed primo twice and felt nothing.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #7791 on: November 12, 2023, 06:03:17 AM »
So will the og 440 be permanently out of the line up now? Don't really dig that giant N on the v2

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7792 on: November 12, 2023, 06:48:34 AM »
For me shoe worked perfectly, they felt good straight away and sure they're TTS.
Grip is great and tbh I can't think of anything bad about them besides wishing some tongue straps and maybe a little thicker/puffier tongue.

Agree on everything. Kinda baffled they left out the tongue straps -- my only criticism about this otherwise great shoe.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7793 on: November 12, 2023, 07:33:14 AM »
So will the og 440 be permanently out of the line up now? Don't really dig that giant N on the v2
They’ll probably phase them out. Luckily there’s so many out in the wild you could easily stock up and skate in them for YEARS 😭

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #7794 on: November 12, 2023, 08:01:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They’ll probably phase them out. Luckily there’s so many out in the wild you could easily stock up and skate in them for YEARS

Maybe in the long term but I believe I read here that the original 440 will be kept around for a while.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #7795 on: November 12, 2023, 11:38:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree on everything. Kinda baffled they left out the tongue straps -- my only criticism about this otherwise great shoe.

The absence of tongue straps is the one thing in skate shoe design that is hard for me to justify, like I don't see many benefits of not having them... unless I'm missing something

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7796 on: November 12, 2023, 11:47:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The absence of tongue straps is the one thing in skate shoe design that is hard for me to justify, like I don't see many benefits of not having them... unless I'm missing something

Cost. It's one less production step. One less cost of materials to buy and install in shoes. Easier/cheaper to do a tongue lace loop instead.

Shoes I enjoy usually have them and shoes I enjoy less tend to not have them. So there's a correlation present for me. I also think they should be pretty universal on shoes.
Super Champion Fun Zone

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #7797 on: November 12, 2023, 11:56:08 AM »
I've had 440 lows before where I could feel the tongue straps on the sides of my foot and it would make me kinda wish they weren't there would rather the tongue slip to the slide slightly... if they still even do that. But yeah in 99% of cases its kind of a no brainer.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7798 on: November 12, 2023, 12:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Cost. It's one less production step. One less cost of materials to buy and install in shoes. Easier/cheaper to do a tongue lace loop instead.

Shoes I enjoy usually have them and shoes I enjoy less tend to not have them. So there's a correlation present for me. I also think they should be pretty universal on shoes.

NB wouldn't fuck this up but on my Asics the tongue straps were kinda narrow and loose and when you put your foot in the shoe they would twist. My friend noticed the same thing to where they were sorta annoying and you could feel them move around sometimes.

None of my 990s have tongue straps and I wish my V5's did. They always find their way off center even with the loop on the tongue.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #7799 on: November 12, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hope this isn’t the trend. If I could make one change to my 480’s it would be having tongue straps