Author Topic: slappy/curb discussion thread  (Read 90585 times)

Dawatermelongoblin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: slappy/curb discussion thread
« Reply #1320 on: Today at 09:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ever just straight up forget how to do a trick? I’ve completely forgotten how to do front slappies. Idk what happened. Had them consistently without even thinking and out of nowhere they just stopped working and I’m not sure why. I feel maybe I did a couple bad ones and the habit stuck now I’m in my head. Way too satisfying of a trick for me to not want it back. Any tips? I’ve watched vids of me doing them and I feel like I’m doing all the same shit but now it’s not working.
[close]
I haven’t forgotten it, but every now and then I get in my head about those. It happens with tricks that are technically easy but require a lot of confidence.

Last time it happened I got myself a bigger setup with big (58s) wheels. That made them super easy and once I got my confidence back I could do them on any setup again.

I think it happened when I went through some gear changes recently, so I may be having a hard time adjusting. I can still do them, but the consistency has drastically gone down. I might do the same and toss some bigger wheels on until I get my confidence back.

Dawatermelongoblin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: slappy/curb discussion thread
« Reply #1321 on: Today at 09:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Front slappy isn’t something that just goes away….
[close]

The front slappy has simply… Gone away.
[close]

Go faster, weight on your heels, you gots!

🫡🫡🫡🫡