Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 801014 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3570 on: August 29, 2021, 12:51:56 PM »
Anyone have a local that has wheat 1010 in 9.5 or 10? Cant find them anywhere. I’m normally a 10 in 440s.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #3571 on: August 29, 2021, 03:24:33 PM »
Question, I’ve had 3 pairs of the 440H Tom Knox (black leather), they are much roomier that 440 lows, and fit my feet very well. I can even put a thicker insole in.

Has anyone owned a suede version of the 440H, I’d like to know if they fit as generously compared to the lows, or if they fit more snug due to the material. The idea of suede just feels bulkier to me.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: LOL @ the post above me

Jacky, haven't tried suede highs but I believe I've read the high is a bit roomier just due to construction. I'd imagine that the suede might be thicker than the leather used on the Tom Knox ones, but I figure they'd stretch with use.

All that being said, you wear a size 9? I have a pair of basically brand new Tom Knox highs I am not gonna skate and I want then to go to someone who will enjoy em. Letting em go for cheap.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3572 on: August 29, 2021, 06:24:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Question, I’ve had 3 pairs of the 440H Tom Knox (black leather), they are much roomier that 440 lows, and fit my feet very well. I can even put a thicker insole in.

Has anyone owned a suede version of the 440H, I’d like to know if they fit as generously compared to the lows, or if they fit more snug due to the material. The idea of suede just feels bulkier to me.

Thanks in advance.

[close]

Jacky, haven't tried suede highs but I believe I've read the high is a bit roomier just due to construction. I'd imagine that the suede might be thicker than the leather used on the Tom Knox ones, but I figure they'd stretch with use.

All that being said, you wear a size 9? I have a pair of basically brand new Tom Knox highs I am not gonna skate and I want then to go to someone who will enjoy em. Letting em go for cheap.

Yeah I figured the highs are just roomier in general. But the toe-box is the most important for me. I’ve got wide feet.

I’m a 10. I totally would grab them otherwise. I regret not having more backup pairs. They’re kinda my golden skate shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3573 on: August 29, 2021, 07:05:07 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #3574 on: August 29, 2021, 11:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

I wear a size 9 and would love to get those off you if possible. Skating the black suede 440 high’s rn for the first time and am loving them.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3575 on: August 30, 2021, 11:23:03 AM »
Anyone have a local that has wheat 1010 in 9.5 or 10? Cant find them anywhere. I’m normally a 10 in 440s.
https://35thnorth.com/products/new-balance-numeric-1010-tiago-white-leather

https://35thnorth.com/products/new-balance-numeric-tiago-1010-black-blue

I'm a 10.5 in 1010 and 440 FWIW

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #3576 on: September 02, 2021, 12:13:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is this an inside joke about the shoes being stuck at the port?

PORT is a clothing brand out of Long Beach.

No irony implied, but it is very relevant.

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3577 on: September 06, 2021, 06:55:04 PM »

what shoes are these?

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #3578 on: September 06, 2021, 07:02:37 PM »
They're the Aime Leon Dore 550's.

I've seen guys post 550's in the shoes you're wearing thread, maybe someone here's skated them too.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #3579 on: September 06, 2021, 07:13:55 PM »

I've seen guys post 550's in the shoes you're wearing thread, maybe someone here's skated them too.

random note the most recent colorways came out on the 1st (and quickly sold out :( )

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3580 on: September 06, 2021, 08:51:34 PM »
Regular 550’s not the ALD collab ones release often in a bunch of colors and aren’t relatively hard to get.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3581 on: September 07, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »

Thanks in advance.

To answer my own question. The suede version fits just as well at the leather. Best shoe for me personally probably ever.

Gustavofring

« Reply #3582 on: September 07, 2021, 05:52:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

random note the most recent colorways came out on the 1st (and quickly sold out :( )
Be so sick to see a numeric version

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3583 on: September 08, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »
What model are these?

Pic of Jordan Taylor in Suciu’s ig story

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #3584 on: September 08, 2021, 02:06:42 PM »
What model are these?

Pic of Jordan Taylor in Suciu’s ig story

looks like some futsal shoes

do americans play futsal? (indoor soccer)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3586 on: September 08, 2021, 04:48:06 PM »

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3587 on: September 09, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »

NB# Chasing the Booze'n'titz next? If you can take the Samba or the Copa and skate-fy them you can do it to this too.

The 288 is halfway there with the new toe stitching. Maybe they could do a 288 version with the sole from the 442 or a mash up

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #3588 on: September 11, 2021, 06:16:52 AM »
Anyone skate the 913s? They look pretty tech, and I kinda like the silhouette, just wanna know how they fit and what to expect
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3589 on: September 11, 2021, 06:51:04 AM »
Anyone skate the 913s? They look pretty tech, and I kinda like the silhouette, just wanna know how they fit and what to expect
That’s the westgate right? I’ve had two pairs and I skated the one and really liked it but in general I don’t like shoes that take a long time to break in and they took a while. They fit TTS to me and liked them once they broke in. I have a pair sitting but I don’t think I feel like breaking them in. Felt like tanks though and they treated my heels nicely

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #3590 on: September 11, 2021, 07:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That’s the westgate right? I’ve had two pairs and I skated the one and really liked it but in general I don’t like shoes that take a long time to break in and they took a while. They fit TTS to me and liked them once they broke in. I have a pair sitting but I don’t think I feel like breaking them in. Felt like tanks though and they treated my heels nicely

Yea the westgate model or whatever, yea they seem like they would take a bit to break in, maybe get them and wear them to work for a bit before skating them, yea I’ll prolly pull the trigger on them, thanks for the input my guy
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3591 on: September 11, 2021, 10:02:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yea the westgate model or whatever, yea they seem like they would take a bit to break in, maybe get them and wear them to work for a bit before skating them, yea I’ll prolly pull the trigger on them, thanks for the input my guy
No worries, I actually ran mine at work for months before skating them. Found a cream pair for like 35 bucks on sale so you can probably find a decent deal if colorway isn’t a factor.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3592 on: September 11, 2021, 11:32:06 AM »
Is there any word on when the 868s are coming out again?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3593 on: September 12, 2021, 06:34:50 PM »

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3594 on: September 13, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »

i'm skating these right now and i really like them for the most part. no ollie holes and i've been doing a lot of them lately. i need a narrow shoe until the toe box which i need wide and these work great for that, i also put remind insoles in them which work very well. they are a little annoying to tighten because of how tight and strict the lace holes are but that's a minor grievance and also means i almost never need to re-tie my laces during a sesh. i'd recommend them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3595 on: September 13, 2021, 10:55:08 AM »

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3596 on: September 13, 2021, 12:11:58 PM »

shoe looks sick. nb has the best commercials.

seeing this made me realize, every nb numeric shoe i’ve had has that 3m reflective material on the back. anyone else ever bring that up? My 1010s, 420s, 440HIs, and 508s all have it.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3597 on: September 13, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »
is this heel tech exclusive to the 272s?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3598 on: September 13, 2021, 06:48:05 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3599 on: September 13, 2021, 10:48:16 PM »