Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798690 times)

Frontside Slappy, yourfuckingdad and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7410 on: October 17, 2023, 09:27:38 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga which 480s will be suede?
[close]
In the picture with all the 480s, the last three appear to be suede. Here's one of them from the Zine he posted:

I'm glad the Reynolds 480 tongue tag is the size it is cause I'm not a fan of that big NB tag on the other cw
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7411 on: October 17, 2023, 09:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga which 480s will be suede?
[close]
In the picture with all the 480s, the last three appear to be suede. Here's one of them from the Zine he posted:

[close]

I'm glad the Reynolds 480 tongue tag is the size it is cause I'm not a fan of that big NB tag on the other cw

Looks like just the black Knox is suede.   White looks to be leather, so I might be leaning black

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7412 on: October 17, 2023, 11:15:00 PM »
To all with the coming undone at the front of the Reynolds 480's is it actually below the suede level?  Or if you skated it and wore down the top of that bumper would it be fine?  I'll be on my second session in them this weekend and will update here but so far I'm not seeing anything looking off with mine and they are one of the most comfortable, best fitting shoes I've had.
Option B I'd say. I hope is that since the undoing in my case is not as severe as the one a pal posted.
I'm confident that skating the shoes will "solve" the issue but I don't feel like skating them anymore at least for now.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7413 on: October 18, 2023, 02:33:07 PM »

Had to track down the Tom K 379
Then realized I needed a pair of the Hayes 272
Just to match the shop.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7414 on: October 19, 2023, 03:34:43 AM »

Just got my 417 and boy they feel nice. Super sturdy for a vulc which is a great thing since I've been in cups already for 1 year.
TTS fit great.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7415 on: October 19, 2023, 07:50:17 AM »

Had to track down the Tom K 379
Then realized I needed a pair of the Hayes 272
Just to match the shop.

Sick!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7416 on: October 19, 2023, 09:18:05 AM »
I've noticed some concerns about the way the  808is designed.

My shoe collar is blown out already from my grip. The leather should go a few milli higher making the interior less exposed.

The toe box doesn't need that extra leather over the big toe.

If you're wearing a hole through that part of the shoe when kickfliping probably should get your ankles looked at.

It's point is probably to give illusion of indestructible toe box. Or cosmetic. The extra leather does not help my poor big toe.

The reality is it's a waste of material that could have been used as a potential collar fix.

The Ollie area is working out perfect for me rn. But eventually I'm going to be god damning the lil swoosh and points in the Ollie guard.

It's not decorative. Shoe companies want you to think that. The thing is no one wants to give you a shoe that last 6+ months.
It's bad for business. They want you to burn that Ollie areas up as fast as possible.

If this shoe had that little gap in Ollie guard filled they wouldn't sell as many.

The black rubber part of the sole is already starting to fall out.

That's my main concern. I've had this happen with other weirdo shoes. I will be contacting NB if it continues.

I'll fuckin show up at the offices and get my voice heard of I gotta.

ML come out with your hand up and bring the 2 pairs you now owe me.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7417 on: October 19, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »
Otherwise the shoe is perfect.

I bet those problems are intentional.

This shoe has the potential to go for over a year with good no fuckin problem.

Wouldn't even need the goo if these 3 things was fixed.

I do have a question. What other NB shoes was designed to go the distance?

If I couldn't cop a pair of these what would you pals suggest.

Besides the 480. In July when I turn 46 I will be buying the Bosses shoe again for our birthdays
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7418 on: October 19, 2023, 09:35:31 AM »
The 508 has gone a good distance for me. Several months of skating 2-3 times a week, and they're still going. The first thing to go for me usually is the front foot sole, after that the ollie zone. Neither of them are too fucked yet.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #7419 on: October 19, 2023, 11:01:58 AM »

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7420 on: October 19, 2023, 11:10:49 AM »

My shoe collar is blown out already from my grip. The leather should go a few milli higher making the interior less exposed.

If you're wearing a hole through that part of the shoe when kickfliping probably should get your ankles looked at.

It's point is probably to give illusion of indestructible toe box. Or cosmetic. The extra leather does not help my poor big toe.

The reality is it's a waste of material that could have been used as a potential collar fix.

The Ollie area is working out perfect for me rn. But eventually I'm going to be god damning the lil swoosh and points in the Ollie guard.

It's not decorative. Shoe companies want you to think that. The thing is no one wants to give you a shoe that last 6+ months.
It's bad for business. They want you to burn that Ollie areas up as fast as possible.

If this shoe had that little gap in Ollie guard filled they wouldn't sell as many.

That's my main concern. I've had this happen with other weirdo shoes. I will be contacting NB if it continues.

The "material over the big toe" is what we at NB have historically called the toe wiggle. It is not so much there for function as it is a nod to NB's aesthetic heritage. If you look at pretty much any NB running shoe over the years, you will see that wiggle of material over the big toe.
Get litty.....

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7421 on: October 19, 2023, 01:16:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The "material over the big toe" is what we at NB have historically called the toe wiggle. It is not so much there for function as it is a nod to NB's aesthetic heritage. If you look at pretty much any NB running shoe over the years, you will see that wiggle of material over the big toe.

Adding to this in what high wear/impact sport do shoes last 6 months? In running, rock climbing, and lots of ball sports you're lucky to get that much out of a pair. Most normal shoe soles won't last that long. There's a reason why- materials that would last that long wouldn't be as performant. The 808 is probably the most durable shoe on the market and the 1010 is likely a close second right now. They have pushed durability as far as they can go while maintaining incredibly functional shoes.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7422 on: October 19, 2023, 01:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Adding to this in what high wear/impact sport do shoes last 6 months? In running, rock climbing, and lots of ball sports you're lucky to get that much out of a pair. Most normal shoe soles won't last that long. There's a reason why- materials that would last that long wouldn't be as performant. The 808 is probably the most durable shoe on the market and the 1010 is likely a close second right now. They have pushed durability as far as they can go while maintaining incredibly functional shoes.
I agree with 808 being probably the most durable skate ever but 1010 are no close to it. Sole wears down pretty fast in my case.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7423 on: October 19, 2023, 01:20:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I agree with 808 being probably the most durable skate ever but 1010 are no close to it. Sole wears down pretty fast in my case.

true but as far as upper goes though, it's a tank

guydog

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7424 on: October 19, 2023, 01:37:59 PM »
I want to like the 480 but darn they’re uncomfortable.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #7425 on: October 19, 2023, 01:45:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are the yin yangs not available in Europe?
[close]
They are but they're getting them later on.  Their buy went in for a different season on those so I expect them out there in 1-2 months.
[close]

Cool thanks man
[close]

If you dont mind ordering from the UK, Noteshop & Welcome Leeds just got some pairs in today. Be sure to double check the size however, as UK Sizes are 1 smaller than US (UK1,0=US11).

Unreal man thanks man . I'm Irish so I use UK size.

Only problem is my 274s are UK 10 and my 808s are UK 10.5

Hmm.... Are these TTS does anyone know ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7426 on: October 19, 2023, 05:38:19 PM »

First place I’ve seen these

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7427 on: October 19, 2023, 05:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I've skated 3 pairs until the foam was almost the entire sole on the forefoot and even when bald the grip was pretty damn good. I can't think of many shoes from other brands that can say that. My last pair lasted me 3 months skating 3-4x a week for 2-3hrs

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #7428 on: October 19, 2023, 05:47:01 PM »
I’ve been casually wearing 440s for a few months (couple times a week) and they’re still too tight in the mid foot. I don’t think these work for me, and going up half a size would probably be too long for my liking. Any recommendations on a wider foot than 440? I’d like to try on a bunch but no shops near me carry NB#

jrb32

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7429 on: October 19, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »
Been wearing 440s for a while and just got a pair of a newer colorway (white and navy low tops). Noticed they switched the insole from all my previous pairs. On a new high top and low top pair I just got. Something they call the “ortholite”. Seems much better than the older version. Little tiny bit thicker and way better material that seems like it will absorb/hole up much better.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7430 on: October 19, 2023, 11:38:44 PM »
Been wearing 440s for a while and just got a pair of a newer colorway (white and navy low tops). Noticed they switched the insole from all my previous pairs. On a new high top and low top pair I just got. Something they call the “ortholite”. Seems much better than the older version. Little tiny bit thicker and way better material that seems like it will absorb/hole up much better.

This is good news, they must've heard the feedback as the thin insole has been an issue for some people. The Ortholite insole is what they have e.g. in the 508 (and I guess many other models), and yeah, it's better.

I have a pair of 440s waiting on the shelf, might take the old Ortholites from my current 508s once they're done and use them in the 440s.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7431 on: October 20, 2023, 12:26:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They are but they're getting them later on.  Their buy went in for a different season on those so I expect them out there in 1-2 months.
[close]

Cool thanks man
[close]

If you dont mind ordering from the UK, Noteshop & Welcome Leeds just got some pairs in today. Be sure to double check the size however, as UK Sizes are 1 smaller than US (UK1,0=US11).
[close]

Can anyone help me here ? Do they fit closer to 274 or 808? Wanna snap these before they're gone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7432 on: October 20, 2023, 12:32:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Cool thanks man
[close]

[close]

[close]

Can anyone help me here ? Do they fit closer to 274 or 808? Wanna snap these before they're gone
I'd go for 10
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7433 on: October 20, 2023, 02:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Cool thanks man
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'd go for 10

Thanks mate

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7434 on: October 20, 2023, 03:05:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Cool thanks man
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'd go for 10
[close]

Thanks mate
You're welcome. I have 808 in US 8.5 and I went 8 for shoes suck as 480, 417, 440 and 1010 and they fit is great.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Heelflop

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7435 on: October 20, 2023, 06:51:56 AM »

I'm in the same boat. The arch area is a tad too narrow.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7436 on: October 20, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »
Isn't the Tiago insole an Ortholite? If so it's slightly better but still really thin.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7437 on: October 20, 2023, 06:55:16 AM »
Been using the abzorb insoles for work and either I’ve gotten used to them or they’ve broken in to feel better over time. 1010 and 808 still my preference.

guydog

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7438 on: October 20, 2023, 07:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm in the same boat. The arch area is a tad too narrow.

Yup, I have the same issue.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7439 on: October 20, 2023, 10:38:57 AM »
Here’s the surprise 480s 😳