Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798711 times)

Atiba Applebum, beecee and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8580 on: February 20, 2024, 05:25:03 PM »
Reup on the NB site of Orange, Blue and Boss 480 colorways
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8581 on: February 20, 2024, 07:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Weartested review up. Check that forefoot cushion baby (sarcasm)
[close]
I really want to cut open my Reynolds since they’re about to be retired. Cause the 480s are so comfy I’ve just been wearing them daily for the past four months.
Do it. Size 13? My left shoe 480 Reynolds is defective or something.. worn them so much to break them in but it still is persistent. 1010 insole swap and everything. every other numeric shoe is fine, the issue is right between my arch and forefoot

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8582 on: February 20, 2024, 08:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I really want to cut open my Reynolds since they’re about to be retired. Cause the 480s are so comfy I’ve just been wearing them daily for the past four months.
[close]
Do it. Size 13? My left shoe 480 Reynolds is defective or something.. worn them so much to break them in but it still is persistent. 1010 insole swap and everything. every other numeric shoe is fine, the issue is right between my arch and forefoot

so, i have something similar with the boss ones but not the blue and white leather pair. just assumed it's the material change or normal production deviation that's just off enough to bug me, i'm no shoe expert. i do know my left foot is a little smaller, but i don't have that issue in other NB shoes and as previously stated in the same model.
maybe i could try sizing down in suede(?) 480s next time, guess i can report back if i do

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8583 on: February 20, 2024, 09:09:53 PM »
Nah mine has nothing to with sizing. I wear 13 in 440 913 480 1010 and all MIUS and MIUK pairs. It’s the strobel board or some thing stitched awkwardly. Just doesn’t allow my foot to sit comfortably.

Still_ill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8584 on: February 21, 2024, 07:06:13 AM »
Nah mine has nothing to with sizing. I wear 13 in 440 913 480 1010 and all MIUS and MIUK pairs. It’s the strobel board or some thing stitched awkwardly. Just doesn’t allow my foot to sit comfortably.

That might explain why I haven’t really gotten along with my Reynolds. I haven’t worn them enough to fully break them in but I’ve never felt 100% comfortable in them unlike 1010s or 440s (aside from the sole being too thin). At first there was an obvious discomfort (poking feeling) at the inner edge right under the arch closer to the forefoot with, I think I recall, my left being noticeably worse. It lessened a little after a couple wears so it wasn’t as glaringly obvious but still makes it so something always feels slightly uncomfortable. I was thinking maybe the shoe was just too narrow in the middle or needed an extra long break in but after reading these posts I’m wondering if maybe there could be a manufacturing issue.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8585 on: February 21, 2024, 08:04:08 AM »
Just skated the 440v2's yesterday. Can confirm same flick, same grip, and same fit as the OG's.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #8586 on: February 21, 2024, 08:40:28 AM »
Just skated the 440v2's yesterday. Can confirm same flick, same grip, and same fit as the OG's.

Do you feel any notable difference in cushion? Can’t tell if I should try v2 or just stockpile all the discounted v1s

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #8587 on: February 21, 2024, 09:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you feel any notable difference in cushion? Can’t tell if I should try v2 or just stockpile all the discounted v1s
It feels pretty much like the same shoe. With all fairness to people complaining about the cushion, I think people are overreacting because of a single-cross section. Weartested has been doing this for a very long time but there are a lot of things he doesn't explain or analyze, probably the most important being foam density + firmness. The 440 V2 is fine underfoot, go into your shop if you can and try it for yourself.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8588 on: February 21, 2024, 09:20:20 AM »
The 440 (V1 and V2) at stock, objectively does not have enough forefoot cushion. That paper thin insole does nothing to dampen impact for your toes since the midsole is thinner up front than say, other shoes (Dunks, KSL, Marana, 808, 1010, etc.)

If they feel the same as V1 to you and feel they meet your specific preferences, great! The general consensus has weighed in that 440s NEED an insole swap to reduce forefoot fatigue because it's that thin (cross section photos provided or not)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 8
« Reply #8589 on: February 21, 2024, 10:14:12 AM »
The 440 (V1 and V2) at stock, objectively does not have enough forefoot cushion. That paper thin insole does nothing to dampen impact for your toes since the midsole is thinner up front than say, other shoes (Dunks, KSL, Marana, 808, 1010, etc.)

If they feel the same as V1 to you and feel they meet your specific preferences, great! The general consensus has weighed in that 440s NEED an insole swap to reduce forefoot fatigue because it's that thin (cross section photos provided or not)

This was def my experience. I was super disappointed in that shoe tbh.

Thankfully my hopes and dreams have been realized with the 480 highs.

jfrankparnell

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8590 on: February 21, 2024, 10:36:51 AM »
NB should start including a cross section picture of the shoe’s sole construction in their marketing

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8591 on: February 21, 2024, 10:39:56 AM »

My experience has been a bit different. V2 fit my feet much better than V1, probably due to the rounder toe. No shoe stretchers needed. The grip on my V2s is noticeably better. Flick is pretty much the same. The 2 pairs of V1s I bought have a noticeably harder and less grippy sole. So much as I couldn't skate them very confidently. The cushion throughout the sole feels moderately better on the V2.
How much for an order of ribs?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #8592 on: February 21, 2024, 10:45:59 AM »
Finally wore my white/black 480s after beating the Reynolds to the ground. Got worried at first cause they hurt me feet. That went away after 30 minutes and now they feel like my old pair.

Forgot how much they gripped when new. Using them with a new deck takes a minute to get used to. My feet were glued down 😅

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8593 on: February 21, 2024, 11:11:04 AM »
Finally wore my white/black 480s after beating the Reynolds to the ground. Got worried at first cause they hurt me feet. That went away after 30 minutes and now they feel like my old pair.

Forgot how much they gripped when new. Using them with a new deck takes a minute to get used to. My feet were glued down 😅

Agreed--The 480s are the grippiest shoes I've ever skated.

I've been able to skate more lately while also training for a half-marathon and my back/hips have been sore. Skating Lizzies with Move Gameday insoles and while I dig them a lot I switched to some 1010s for today's lunch session and I feel so much better afterward. Damn aging is a bitch.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #8594 on: February 21, 2024, 11:14:18 AM »
Man…. Feet are so weird and personal.

It’s weird hearing complaints about the 440 when it’s one of the only shoes that fits my feet without any issues or discomfort. Same with the 480’s.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

marcusbutler

« Reply #8595 on: February 21, 2024, 02:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only one session in them and they feel the same. Looks like the changes to the shoes would help out in the long haul. My shoes usually last a month and some change.

marcusbutler

« Reply #8596 on: February 21, 2024, 02:09:41 PM »
NB Every shoe company should start including a cross section picture of the shoe’s sole construction in their marketing

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8597 on: February 21, 2024, 02:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
NB Every shoe company should start including a cross section picture of the shoe’s sole construction in their marketing
[close]
Reynolds shared that review on IG. Maybe NB# will show us the cross section for his shoe. Would make sense since he's a shoe nerd. I want all the details. This thread alone shows that there's an interest.

I ain't mad at the 440v2 though. NB# has a shoe for every skater. Meanwhile Nike keeps dropping hybrids like the Ishod and Leos. Board feel < Being able to walk the next day 😂

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 184
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #8598 on: February 21, 2024, 02:49:39 PM »
stocking up on pairs of the v1 440 hi's in white before they're all gone. i am not a massive fan of the big new N or colorways.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #8599 on: February 21, 2024, 04:22:55 PM »

Those look so good with the black laces. I hope NB makes that colorway in the hightop too.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8600 on: February 22, 2024, 05:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Those look so good with the black laces. I hope NB makes that colorway in the hightop too.
I'd buy those too. Think it'd be cool to have this color in suede too.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8601 on: February 22, 2024, 06:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Only one session in them and they feel the same. Looks like the changes to the shoes would help out in the long haul. My shoes usually last a month and some change.
So pretty much if you want to try 440 you have to put some FP on the. Gotcha.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8602 on: February 22, 2024, 07:24:55 AM »
Is there any 480 hi scheduled in Europe soon?

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #8603 on: February 22, 2024, 10:13:18 AM »
Both the black and white 480 hi's are bought for Europe (can't tell which country but there should be some spread out).  Those should be Q3 24 so around June sometime.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8604 on: February 22, 2024, 12:55:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Both the black and white 480 hi's are bought for Europe (can't tell which country but there should be some spread out).  Those should be Q3 24 so around June sometime.
Great thanks!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8605 on: February 22, 2024, 02:36:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would love to see
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

vndrewlee

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8606 on: February 22, 2024, 07:20:50 PM »
Here's what the regular 480 (non skate version) at least looks like

source: https://runrepeat.com/new-balance-480

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8607 on: February 23, 2024, 02:42:57 AM »
Zero midsole on those!!  :o

Fascinated by how different the NM# cross section will look! Apparently they beefed up the sole with a midsole and adjusted the rubber  compound for the skate line, if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone here skated the regular and NM# 480 models to compare the differences between the two? I'll probably still search the thread, but if not shared already, I'm interested to hear it!
Super Champion Fun Zone

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #8608 on: February 23, 2024, 05:18:21 AM »

Fascinated by how different the NM# cross section will look! Apparently they beefed up the sole with a midsole and adjusted the rubber  compound for the skate line, if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone here skated the regular and NM# 480 models to compare the differences between the two? I'll probably still search the thread, but if not shared already, I'm interested to hear it!

This is pretty wild. For me the #480 work really well because of the arch support in the midsole so extra curious to see it dissected next to this photo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8609 on: February 23, 2024, 05:30:49 AM »

Once I tried regular 480 and they felt like crap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.