Author Topic: New Royal Trucks coming 2021  (Read 5915 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: New Royal Trucks coming 2021
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2021, 10:08:59 PM »
If Royals are good then why do many of their team riders and none of their former riders use em? I saw a current Royal team rider on Thunders and in some footage you can definitely tell dudes aren’t on em.

Vds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2021, 11:02:10 PM »
I wonder if Tershay help them to design it

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2021, 01:35:12 AM »
If these are like an indy thunder hybrid with lower height but solid turn I'll try em. My second ever pair of trucks were royals so we got some catching up to do. Anyone know how much the wheel base extension on these will be?

I measured +2.87 or so.. it definitely feels somewhere between an Indy and Ace so that number should be a good ballpark amount (I only have a measuring tape so there is some room for error)

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2021, 02:17:13 AM »
If Royals are good then why do many of their team riders and none of their former riders use em? I saw a current Royal team rider on Thunders and in some footage you can definitely tell dudes aren’t on em.

Not sure. Pretty sure at least Vincent Alvarez and Griffin Gass and Leo Takayma actually skate them though? I don't think they're as sturdy or well built as the big three. There definitely is a cheaper feeling similar to Krux. I personally haven't had any issues with my set and the pros outweigh the cons imo

Justrollingthru

• Rep: 4
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2022, 06:22:19 PM »
Royals actually aren't horrible. They take a bit to break in, and are very squirrelly at first but once you do they turn nice. Not my favorite truck but royal has been around like 20 years now.

I've got ventures on my board (Indy 94a conical on top and stock venture bushing on bottom)

I have royal raw 5.25s on my zip zinger. I decided to throw the extra 94a Indy bushings on top and the stock royal bushings on bottom.

Just from standing on my zip zinger with that truck and bushing setup in my kitchen it feels and turns really nicely.

I bought the royals cause they were cheap. I sometimes get caught up in being a loyalist to one brand or another but it's really nice when I get out of that and enjoy trying something new

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following