Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988727 times)

Lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3240 on: June 05, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »
just grabbed some Nike SB Mid Dunks for $65 from some weird ebay page called "discountboardshop" a bunch of shoes were all yellowed from I assume being display models with some crappy lights on them. pretty good prices on some random dunks/blazers/etc.

psyched to skate some all suede mids again.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3241 on: June 06, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Not technically "skate gear" but I was waiting for walmart to finish my oil change and walked over to the verizon store and grabbed a new phone. Last one was getting fucky and it wasn't under warranty.

To make it skate related me and the homies film iphone clips so I bought a fisheye off amazon. 
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #3242 on: June 07, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
went to VU shop in Baltimore recently bought a pair of the Edgar Allen Poe shop decks and I am hyped. Gary is super rad dude, highly recommend the shop for a decent shop deck. They're made by south central woodshop. really solid decks and cool graphics.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3243 on: June 07, 2019, 08:08:36 AM »
went to VU shop in Baltimore recently bought a pair of the Edgar Allen Poe shop decks and I am hyped. Gary is super rad dude, highly recommend the shop for a decent shop deck. They're made by south central woodshop. really solid decks and cool graphics.

Skated Vu decks for like 10 years, just recently started buying Quasi
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #3244 on: June 07, 2019, 08:11:47 AM »
I just got a Real Heavyweight for my birthday, I'm always skating DLX boards but I wanted to try if this construction makes any difference.

I'm 6,1 and 230 pounds, does anyone have tried it?
yup that is my go to deck for now I bought a pair of shop decks for visiting a new shop but the heavyweights definitely hold up, they break funny though after 3 or 4 months of skating. I am getting up there in size so it helps having that security for sure.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #3245 on: June 07, 2019, 02:39:16 PM »
just grabbed some Nike SB Mid Dunks for $65 from some weird ebay page called "discountboardshop" a bunch of shoes were all yellowed from I assume being display models with some crappy lights on them. pretty good prices on some random dunks/blazers/etc.

psyched to skate some all suede mids again.

That page has some good deals in my size. Thanks for the tip.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #3246 on: June 07, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »
I was going ask what's a good site with big skate shoes, I wear a 11&1/2 to 12 and it sucks most online shops with my size get sold out or don't carry them.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3247 on: June 07, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skated Vu decks for like 10 years, just recently started buying Quasi

I don’t skate many shop decks but everytime ive had a vu shop deck I enjoyed my time on it

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #3248 on: June 07, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »

Bought this Chrystie shirt from Theories. Love the shirt, fits perfectly, excellent quality. I fully recommend buying from Theories as well, super nice and professional people working there. They were kind enough to send me a sticker pack and a card that everyone personally signed, even Josh Stewart.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3249 on: June 07, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
I’ve been wanting this shirt in purple/black! theories is the sickest, they always hook it up. ❤️
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #3250 on: June 08, 2019, 10:32:04 AM »
I’ve been wanting this shirt in purple/black! theories is the sickest, they always hook it up. ❤️

For sure, they answered my DMs quickly, hooked me up, shipped quickly. I like the purple one too but purple doesn't look good on me.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3251 on: June 11, 2019, 03:44:30 PM »
Kid was selling this on a local classified page for 15 bucks. Bought it for the untouched 149's (extra set of Reds are a bonus). Might throw some Aces on there for slappy setup since the deck has no pop left but otherwise is pretty solid.

wsh by J J, on Flickr

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3252 on: June 12, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »
Didn't wanted to spend any money for a while but I had to pull the trigger on the collab between Nike and Polar.
Waiting now.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #3253 on: June 12, 2019, 02:19:20 AM »
Kid was selling this on a local classified page for 15 bucks. Bought it for the untouched 149's (extra set of Reds are a bonus). Might throw some Aces on there for slappy setup since the deck has no pop left but otherwise is pretty solid.

wsh by J J, on Flickr
Yeah that’s rad, when I am on those used classifieds I always look at the hardware, I could give a shit about the board unless it’s pristine. Even then I haggle them down a bit. Those trucks and wheels look flawless.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3254 on: June 12, 2019, 03:52:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah that’s rad, when I am on those used classifieds I always look at the hardware, I could give a shit about the board unless it’s pristine. Even then I haggle them down a bit. Those trucks and wheels look flawless.

Indeed, I've scored a nice backlog of barely used hardware over the years from local classifieds. The wheels are Rat Bones re-issues. Definitely no wear on them, probably use them as backups for the cruiser down the line. Indy's are USA stamped Stage XI's as well.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3255 on: June 12, 2019, 04:06:35 AM »
I was going ask what's a good site with big skate shoes, I wear a 11&1/2 to 12 and it sucks most online shops with my size get sold out or don't carry them.

The local Nike clearance store is usually stocked up in bigger sizes. Send me a pm if you want me to keep an eye out for anything specific in your size

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3256 on: June 12, 2019, 10:59:24 AM »
came up on these at a nordstrom rack for $29. pretty stoked. if they were brown corduroy pappalardo would have been stoked.

good come sausage

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3257 on: June 13, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote

wsh by J J, on Flickr
[close]
Was looking a cruiser deck. I'll give ya 15 bucks for everything youre not using.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #3258 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:51 PM »
I've been wanting to skate a Baker board (it's been a long time) and drove a couple towns over to a shop that I know would have them. Ended up getting the quasi "I survived school today" board, I just couldn't pass up on the graphic. I'll have to get the Baker next because this is my 5th quasi in a row.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3259 on: June 13, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »
I've been wanting to skate a Baker board (it's been a long time) and drove a couple towns over to a shop that I know would have them. Ended up getting the quasi "I survived school today" board, I just couldn't pass up on the graphic. I'll have to get the Baker next because this is my 5th quasi in a row.

Well regardless, that is a dope choice in absence of any Bakers.

usedtostillskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3260 on: June 13, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
I got some ricta rapido 54 mm Slims. I think the marketing for nhs is dorky but it still seems to draw me in. The last few sets of rictas I've had have been just ok but I used to love my speed rings when I had them.

whenyousleep

« Reply #3261 on: June 13, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
I actually just bought film trucks like a couple weeks ago for like 70 something dollars since I had to ship to the US.

buuuuuuuut

Pulled the trigger on some Ace 44's because I wanna skate 8.5 and it's time to be a big boy (55's?)

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3262 on: June 13, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »

Mentioned these elsewhere but yeah, threaded wheels suck.  Plus Tyshawn is one of my favorites so this was a good eBay pickup.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3263 on: June 15, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »

Going to see what's up with the new Bones Big Balls.  And if they suck, then its back to the trusty Reds. Hoping to get a chance to roll on em today if it doesn't rain.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #3264 on: June 15, 2019, 10:08:26 AM »

Going to see what's up with the new Bones Big Balls.  And if they suck, then its back to the trusty Reds. Hoping to get a chance to roll on em today if it doesn't rain.

they're amazing, you won't be going back...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3265 on: June 16, 2019, 04:41:20 AM »
All black grizzly grip. No logos, no silly bear.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3266 on: June 21, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »
I just copped a pair of the lynx reissues in the Brian Wenning colorway.  :)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3267 on: June 21, 2019, 12:30:46 PM »
I'll have to get new trucks since I sold my 44's
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3268 on: June 21, 2019, 03:15:55 PM »
Got a bit sale-crazy...

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #3269 on: June 22, 2019, 05:12:10 AM »
I was checking out SoCals blanks and found what looks like a 8.5” symmetrical shape. So I scooped that up along with some 52mm tablets.