Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987757 times)

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8160 on: January 03, 2023, 04:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
April 8.5, I have been wanting to scratch that itch for a while. Got that green logo board. They have their own shapes right?
[close]

Yes slightly shorter and more stumpy I think was the description someone else said of their April 8.5 deck, or at least shorter wheelbase with big kicks, not quite Alien Workshop big, but more manageable for the person who didn't want the usual BBS 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.5 wb type of deck.

That looks about right from looking up a few specs from online shops but I haven't seen one in person so don't know how accurate or if they have changed or have more than one shape for the 8.5 width board in their range.

Looks to be on the long side 32.2, I heard more fuller nose as well, but wheelbase is 14.4 listed. My sweet spot is 14.38 -14.5. My next board is actually an 8.5 alien- longer deck shorter wheelbase 14.25. I’m on a frog 8.5/14.5 right now and it’s perfect. But i really loved that dlx 8.5 with long nose and tail and 14.38 wb but the nose and tail were pretty tapered.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8161 on: January 03, 2023, 06:21:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
April 8.5, I have been wanting to scratch that itch for a while. Got that green logo board. They have their own shapes right?
[close]

Yes slightly shorter and more stumpy I think was the description someone else said of their April 8.5 deck, or at least shorter wheelbase with big kicks, not quite Alien Workshop big, but more manageable for the person who didn't want the usual BBS 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.5 wb type of deck.

That looks about right from looking up a few specs from online shops but I haven't seen one in person so don't know how accurate or if they have changed or have more than one shape for the 8.5 width board in their range.
[close]

Looks to be on the long side 32.2, I heard more fuller nose as well, but wheelbase is 14.4 listed. My sweet spot is 14.38 -14.5. My next board is actually an 8.5 alien- longer deck shorter wheelbase 14.25. I’m on a frog 8.5/14.5 right now and it’s perfect. But i really loved that dlx 8.5 with long nose and tail and 14.38 wb but the nose and tail were pretty tapered.

It will be interesting to see how you like the Alien board.

One guy who usually rides the usual BBS 8.5s with Indy trucks put Ventures on his Alien deck and said it made it feel way better (more like the others in wheelbase), but that is just one instance.

All the other shapes you usually have are also on my usual list too, BBS 8.5 are very nice and round, compared to the bigger DLX 8.5 but as you said, tapering kicks is not exactly what some people enjoy.

I hadn't realised but Passport 8.5 are 14.38 wb - thought they were 14.5 as per spec info from almost every other site, but the one I got my hands on recently also skates well on Ventures.

My usual go to is Indy 149 on 14.5 wb on either 8.38 or 8.5 but I have some on 14.38 wb boards too.

Edit:

Just got another couple of Passport 8.5 boards and they are 14.5 wb so not sure what is going on with the other one, but it is definitely 14.38 as I checked again.

It is an older one so I wonder if they changed them up at some point.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:16:39 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8162 on: January 03, 2023, 07:14:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

One guy who usually rides the usual BBS 8.5s with Indy trucks put Ventures on his Alien deck and said it made it feel way better (more like the others in wheelbase), but that is just one instance.

All the other shapes you usually have are also on my usual list too, BBS 8.5 are very nice and round, compared to the bigger DLX 8.5 but as you said, tapering kicks is not exactly what some people enjoy.

I hadn't realised but Passport 8.5 are 14.38 wb - thought they were 14.5 as per spec info from almost every other site, but the one I got my hands on recently also skates well on Ventures.

My usual go to is Indy 149 on 14.5 wb on either 8.38 or 8.5 but I have some on 14.38 wb boards too.

Gotta try ‘em all! Stoked to try the alien and see if I can tell a big difference going to a smaller wheel base

Indy 159 hollow standards here, and I try and not look at any other truck threads. The bushing madness in the Indy thread is enough for me.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #8163 on: January 03, 2023, 07:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gotta try ‘em all! Stoked to try the alien and see if I can tell a big difference going to a smaller wheel base

Indy 159 hollow standards here, and I try and not look at any other truck threads. The bushing madness in the Indy thread is enough for me.

I'm currently on an 8.25 Alien, and I gotta say it is my favorite board I have had in a long while.  Riding it with 5.6 Venture cast hollows, and that combo seems to just click for me.  I also have a 8.5 Hockey shape 2 (same wheelbase, 14.25) currently set up with 5.8 Venture cast hollows, and it doesn't feel nearly as good.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8164 on: January 03, 2023, 08:48:26 PM »

Post Christmas Haul, plus an Ishod Twin Tail I already set up

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8165 on: January 03, 2023, 08:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm currently on an 8.25 Alien, and I gotta say it is my favorite board I have had in a long while.  Riding it with 5.6 Venture cast hollows, and that combo seems to just click for me.  I also have a 8.5 Hockey shape 2 (same wheelbase, 14.25) currently set up with 5.8 Venture cast hollows, and it doesn't feel nearly as good.

I'm currently on the 8.5 Alien, dims looked great on paper (long length, short WB), but something about the shape took a while to adapt to after riding a Clutch with a tapered tail. I usually adapt to a new shape by the 2nd session but this one took 5 sessions before kickflips started to feel right, maybe it was the wider tail.

Picked this up from the WKND xmas sale, I'll ride whatever graphics as long as the dims are right, but this one may need an extensive sticker job.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8166 on: January 03, 2023, 10:13:25 PM »

Post Christmas Haul, plus an Ishod Twin Tail I already set up
Love that Thunder T
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #8167 on: January 04, 2023, 05:59:33 AM »
2 more KSL

Fuck yeah, I have similar collection, but with Spanky G6 + cupsole Slipons, and a couple Laced pairs. Ill post when I get home, I love the Emerica fanboyism on this page.

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #8168 on: January 04, 2023, 05:07:08 PM »

bought two more tees after spending at least a grand on gear during Black Friday fml
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #8169 on: January 05, 2023, 01:41:43 AM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

roll_dog

« Reply #8170 on: January 05, 2023, 06:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm currently on the 8.5 Alien, dims looked great on paper (long length, short WB), but something about the shape took a while to adapt to after riding a Clutch with a tapered tail. I usually adapt to a new shape by the 2nd session but this one took 5 sessions before kickflips started to feel right, maybe it was the wider tail.

Picked this up from the WKND xmas sale, I'll ride whatever graphics as long as the dims are right, but this one may need an extensive sticker job.

What the hell am I looking at here, lol

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8171 on: January 05, 2023, 07:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What the hell am I looking at here, lol
sexualized birthday cake that’s dripping frosting

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8172 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »
The April 8.5 seems to have noticeably mellow kicks, beautiful full nose and a pretty round tail.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #8173 on: January 05, 2023, 02:08:21 PM »
Bought some Matix pants from Ross, I didn’t think they were still a thing, but had a 2022 date on the tag. Pretty comfy.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #8174 on: January 05, 2023, 03:27:45 PM »
Just got another Polar P2 (my third one…I don’t know why I try other shit), a set of Indy 94a bushing to have as spares, and a set of indy bearings. Couldnt pass up the sale…came to like $66 bucks, shipped.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8175 on: January 05, 2023, 06:22:31 PM »
Just got another Polar P2 (my third one…I don’t know why I try other shit), a set of Indy 94a bushing to have as spares, and a set of indy bearings. Couldnt pass up the sale…came to like $66 bucks, shipped.

Best deck shape. So sick

oldxdad

• Rep: 8
« Reply #8176 on: January 05, 2023, 06:56:38 PM »
Got my 2 for $80 box in from crailtap

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8177 on: January 05, 2023, 09:18:55 PM »
The April 8.5 seems to have noticeably mellow kicks, beautiful full nose and a pretty round tail.

Nice!

Other dimensions as listed or no measurements taken?

Not a worry either way.

Listed as 8.5 x 32.2 with 14.4 wb and 7 nose with 6.6 tail which seems to add up about right for a board just over 32 long.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 50
« Reply #8178 on: January 06, 2023, 07:30:31 AM »
Finally picked up some 56mm Spitfire F4 classics from the 303 sale. First set of F4s and big wheels for me

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8179 on: January 06, 2023, 02:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice!

Other dimensions as listed or no measurements taken?

Not a worry either way.

Listed as 8.5 x 32.2 with 14.4 wb and 7 nose with 6.6 tail which seems to add up about right for a board just over 32 long.

The width and the wheelbase match, the length seems maybe it is not measured straight across but along the deck surface. I get more like exact 32 when I measure straight across.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #8180 on: January 06, 2023, 07:18:49 PM »

What size are those? I love crail wood. I have a couple on ice but almost bought another today off the skate warehouse sale

oldxdad

• Rep: 8
« Reply #8181 on: January 06, 2023, 07:36:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What size are those? I love crail wood. I have a couple on ice but almost bought another today off the skate warehouse sale

8.5! I’m excited to try these since I mostly ride dlx wood and haven’t rode crail since 2002.

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8182 on: January 08, 2023, 01:38:19 AM »
Independent 159 Stage 11 Toy Machine Standard

Thunder Hollows Lights II Trucks 149

Powell Peralta Rib Bones Rails Yellow

Spitfire F4 99 Swirled Classic Teal/Purple 52mm

Sunday Titanium Shieldless Bearings

Andale Blues Bearings

Independent Genuine Parts Riser 1/8 in Red

Shorty's Colour Tips Hardware Bad Brain 1"
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8183 on: January 08, 2023, 02:04:47 AM »
Indy 149 Standard "BTG"

Indy 159 Standard "BTG"

Indy 149 Forged Hollow Tony Hawk

Stoked I pretty much paid $43 each for these!

Did I need 3 sets? No. I only needed 1 as back up (149 Hawks) but the 159s replace a set that got gifted to someone I ended up cutting ties with   :-X
Super Champion Fun Zone

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #8184 on: January 08, 2023, 07:10:40 AM »
Check your local Burlington's. Just picked these Tyshawn Lows up last night!

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 35
« Reply #8185 on: January 08, 2023, 07:22:20 AM »
Ace AF1 Hollow Truck Bolts Allen 7-8 Inch.

After reading the Slam City Skates Blog article with Chris Pulman about setups, I decided again to go looking for my favourite bolts (Shorty's Lights Allen 7/8). Am in the UK at the moment and not being able to find them I deced to go with the Ace's.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #8186 on: January 08, 2023, 11:08:36 AM »
my second pair of NB# Tiago's. Snagged these off the classifieds thanks to SLAPPAL manysnakes for $65. my second pair and def my go to shoe as long as they keep making it.

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #8187 on: January 08, 2023, 11:49:09 AM »
Check your local Burlington's. Just picked these Tyshawn Lows up last night!

Oh shit rad. There’s one right by my work and they have a good ass ledge in the back. Win-win.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8188 on: January 08, 2023, 01:12:03 PM »
my second pair of NB# Tiago's. Snagged these off the classifieds thanks to SLAPPAL manysnakes for $65. my second pair and def my go to shoe as long as they keep making it.

That's a sick colorway, still haven't find a 1010 for a decent price on my size in here, in the meantime I stocked up on 808 and I love them
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #8189 on: January 08, 2023, 01:43:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's a sick colorway, still haven't find a 1010 for a decent price on my size in here, in the meantime I stocked up on 808 and I love them

man i got so lucky and got the first pair for $90 (still pricey for a skate shoe but worth it for how good my feet feel) if you get a chance try em out!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[