Author Topic: Powell dragon formula tested by nine club.  (Read 27433 times)

therealnod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
Re: Powell dragon formula tested by nine club.
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2022, 01:26:39 AM »
Expand Quote
What if I want to suck 37 dicks?
[close]
in a row?
This wins
Try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2022, 05:03:04 AM »
Ben Degros should review them.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2022, 05:14:29 AM »
Ben Degros should review them.

In Ben we Trust.

Seriously though, most trustworthy and unbiased reviewer in all of skateboarding.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2022, 05:15:05 AM »
Kinda weird these are Powell wheels not bones. Would be like if new tech real wheels came out instead of Spitfires

ultsi

• Rep: -4
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2022, 05:29:26 AM »
I have actually skated the formula before this one and those are the best wheels I've ever ridden, since I like to have only one board I skate daily and then also go to the park. I ordered 4 packs of them into Finland, they are 90a but have the same qualities as discussed. Prob don't slide that well as these new ones but I've been able to do tailslides on waxed copings.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2022, 05:49:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
in a row?

or all 37 at the same time? messy

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2022, 05:59:46 AM »
I have actually skated the formula before this one and those are the best wheels I've ever ridden, since I like to have only one board I skate daily and then also go to the park. I ordered 4 packs of them into Finland, they are 90a but have the same qualities as discussed. Prob don't slide that well as these new ones but I've been able to do tailslides on waxed copings.

What are the 90a ones called and where are they sold? Cheers.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2022, 06:43:02 AM »
This was just a really uncomfortable ad.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

IpathCats

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2022, 07:14:01 AM »
Rog didnt even slide them. Thats like, the whole point.

ultsi

• Rep: -4
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2022, 07:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are the 90a ones called and where are they sold? Cheers.

They were these ones: https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-oval-dragon-skateboard-wheels-56mm-90a-4pk . Got it from an international reseller, don't remember anymore which one.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2022, 07:29:45 AM »

He was too busy “rolling” and trying not to grind his teeth off.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2022, 07:38:23 AM »
Finally watched this review. How the fuck is this guy claiming to skate a curb for 8 hours and then constantly crying about how busy he is?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2022, 07:45:10 AM »
One of my buddies got a pair of blank sample wheels from frank recently. 58 conicals and they almost look like they’re glow in the dark but they aren’t. But ya basically the same as what all this dragon hype is about. He rides vert/combi type stuff and they work really well gripping slippery ass ground and still are able to slide. Maybe they are in cahoots because dragons spitfire.

frank as in frank gerwer? spitfire is working on their take on dragons?

Viktor Tsoi

• Rep: -32
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2022, 08:04:32 AM »
Authentic Andy Anderson is a pillar of sincerity in my head and yes yes I’m going to buy all the products he endorses . He skates probably everyday and basically does whatever he wants plus I’m sure he smokes weed from a vaporizer and sometimes drinks beer too with friends and such….. I always knew my wheels weren’t working. Stuck on the fourth formula they say…. We need 5 or 6 sometime guys. Actually nahhhh cause these new Powell wheels will guide you away from the cold grip of irony and you can actually slide away and it feel sketchy brah and the ground will be smooth and won’t shake your brain and give you gradual CTE. You might now want to scream inside after these wheels are on your board !

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2022, 08:21:52 AM »
Finally watched this review. How the fuck is this guy claiming to skate a curb for 8 hours and then constantly crying about how busy he is?

ahaha DAMN I thought the same

I haven't had sessions that long in 7-8 years cause of adult life, Im 33 now

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2022, 08:42:29 AM »
Oh damn a wheel tested by people who don't have a bad thing to say about anyone/anything? Seems legit.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2022, 08:44:10 AM »
Not that they’re ere ever going to have a lot of success with average skaters by having && lead the promotion, but the nine club video probably SEVERELY set back potential sales. Which is sort of a bummer because the wheels are good.

The upside is, more for me when they go on sale

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2022, 08:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
in a row?
[close]

or all 37 at the same time? messy

Now you know where Morrissey got the name for the song Big Mouth Strikes again.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2022, 08:53:06 AM »
Not that they’re ere ever going to have a lot of success with average skaters by having && lead the promotion, but the nine club video probably SEVERELY set back potential sales. Which is sort of a bummer because the wheels are good.

I think Powell did a bit of research into who buys their stuff and how to market them. Most our customers are old so be sure to mention back pain and the rest are skate dorks who like youtubers especially the nine club.
Also an 8 hour session at one spot is fucking psycho behaviour

doublesteveburger

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2022, 08:58:34 AM »
will someone just film a powerslide in these dumb ass wheels i'm curious

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2249
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2022, 09:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
One of my buddies got a pair of blank sample wheels from frank recently. 58 conicals and they almost look like they’re glow in the dark but they aren’t. But ya basically the same as what all this dragon hype is about. He rides vert/combi type stuff and they work really well gripping slippery ass ground and still are able to slide. Maybe they are in cahoots because dragons spitfire.
[close]

He prolly gave him a set of the F4 97s.
They are glorious on chunky stuff, but I miss the spot on/low effort slide of the 99s.
They’re prolly the best “soft” wheels out right now.
I haven’t tried these dragon jawns out, so my “statistics” are (ahem: admittedly) skewed, but why would I need too? I’ve already got these F4 97s rolling and they’re more than adequate.

As an aside… I am of the mind that these F4s are not actually 97 duro. They feel more like a 93-95 to me.
Maybe they pulled a George Powell over at Deluxe & “reinvented the wheel” before the goofs over at Skate One did.
Late, as usual, Powell. ;)
Still waiting on that “reinvented” TKP park/street truck.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2022, 09:08:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think Powell did a bit of research into who buys their stuff and how to market them. Most our customers are old so be sure to mention back pain and the rest are skate dorks who like youtubers especially the nine club.
Also an 8 hour session at one spot is fucking psycho behaviour

I've only ever met one person riding a flight deck. Mid-30s, getting back into skating after a long time, riding that crazy && shaped deck, skating the miniramp in full pads. He was stoked on it. He's probably a lot happier than all of us depraved internet sickos lol

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They are glorious on chunky stuff, but I miss the spot on/low effort slide of the 99s.
I haven’t tried these dragon jawns out, so my “statistics” are (ahem: admittedly) skewed, but why would I need too? I’ve already got these F4 97s rolling and they’re more than adequate.

As an aside… I am of the mind that these F4s are not actually 97 duro. They feel more like a 93-95 to me.
Maybe they pulled a George Powell over at Deluxe & “reinvented the wheel” before the goofs over at Skate One did.

FWIW I was a huge and vocal proponent of the 97a Spitfire wheels until I got some of the promo 93s Powell wheels. These things are a gigantic improvement over the Spitfire, there's no question. I gave away my 97s after a week or two of skating the Dragons, because to me they were no longer useful.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Bold

• Rep: 36
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2022, 10:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is that what it was because the whole video creeped me out like I was going to end up in a cult of I didn't stop it when I did. I couldn't finish it. When the new guy showed up and they gave him a set I was out. Roger was definitely acting strange.

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »
I have a set of these right now. I have switched between Bones and Spits for years and am currently running Bones street tech formula V1 standards. They are the Formula 4 of Bones (and aren't the bright white wheels).

I'd say I haven't given the new formula a fair solid roll, but from what I have skated, they work great. It's a little odd to feel them so soft and smooth but still slide. I'll skate them some more and update the thread.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2022, 11:21:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The 97A F4 are still very much hard wheels. I guess it depends on where you live and what you skate. Here in Finland the 97A are IMO a huge improvement over the 99A but they’re still far from adequate for many rough ass spots or rolling around the city from spot to spot. If the new Powells sort that out and won’t suck otherwise I’m gonna be stoked. I’m not really excited to be riding Powell or Bones wheels but if the performance is there I can deal with it and hope that Spitfire comes out with a 92A F4 soon.  :D

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2022, 11:37:04 AM »
Think that Viva la Bam money has dried up?

Now Roger is after that Powell Paper

Viva La Bam ended almost 20 years ago...

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2022, 11:40:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is that what it was because the whole video creeped me out like I was going to end up in a cult of I didn't stop it when I did. I couldn't finish it. When the new guy showed up and they gave him a set I was out. Roger was definitely acting strange.

i watched this video and was CREEPED OUT also! bunch of fucking CREEPS that's for sure.  I couldn't finish it either.  Made me literally vomit on the floor.  these guys trying to let people know they like these wheels!? fucking disgusting cult-like behavior that is FOR SURE.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2022, 12:33:50 PM »
I love the Slap message boards.

If I’m not indulging in the romanticism liberated by the imagination and unity of the global skate community feeling the exalted emotions and not completely repulsed by the very next post then it just wouldn’t be the Slap Forum.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 42
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2022, 01:39:08 PM »
so yeah, paid advertisement and im not interested in bones, powell, or andy anderson.

but i am interested in what those wheels are claiming. im going to portugal soon and i read that you have to skate longer distances between spots on mosaics/cobblestone. instead of switching out soft cruisers and spitfire classics like I have when I know I'll be out all day, what are some other wheels to recommend for an easy ride on crusty surfaces that still have a decent control for normal street skating. I had a set of OJs that I kind of liked and I could still skate in, but when doing shit like backside 180 tricks, I felt I got caught on the last part of the rotation.
They might be the ones you already had, but I really like the super juice minis for a hood in between wheel
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it